CODE GEASS R2 – Commercial 01 »« CODE GEASS – DVD Magazine 02

CODE GEASS R2   PV1   13 CODE GEASS R2   PV1   14 CODE GEASS R2   PV1   15
CODE GEASS R2   PV1   16 CODE GEASS R2   PV1   17 CODE GEASS R2   PV1   18
CODE GEASS R2   PV1   19 CODE GEASS R2   PV1   20 CODE GEASS R2   PV1   21
CODE GEASS R2   PV1   22 CODE GEASS R2   PV1   23 CODE GEASS R2   PV1   24
CODE GEASS R2   PV1   25 CODE GEASS R2   PV1   26 CODE GEASS R2   PV1   27

Watch the PV! Mirror 1, Mirror 2, Mirror 3, Streaming

The official CODE GEASS website released their first promotion video today, and it included several new shots that weren’t in the DVD Magazine trailer. This has a couple more shots of Rollo (is that him narrating?), more shots of the Chinese Federation guy, and a shot of Viletta jumping down the side of a building among other things. Speaking of the Chinese Federation, this new character looks like he’s from there too, based on the way he’s dressed. This shot might also (somewhat) answer the question of why Kallen was kicking this guy in the face in the other trailer. Suzaku meanwhile looks a lot meaner and determined, making me think he’ll be pretty ruthless if the situation calls for it.

The question I have now is how Lelouch got out of that situation at the end of the first series, and what his relationship to the Black Knights is. In relation to this particular PV, it’s the question of whether he’s surprised when the Burai appears here or if it’s something he planned all along. And finally, where is Nunnally in all this? She’s been absent from all the promotional material so far, and I’m beginning to wonder if there’s some big plot twist involving her that they’re trying to keep under wraps. In any case, this was an exciting trailer, and, as I mentioned last time, I’m looking forward to April.

January 29, 2008 at 11:41 pm
  • January 29, 2008 at 11:45 pmHoncho

• January 29, 2008 at 11:53 pmdanny the dog

sweet

• January 29, 2008 at 11:54 pmFinal

I don’t think that’s Suzaku. Well, hopefully it’s not him. I’m still wondering what happened to CC.

I wonder who he is? Hope he’s on Lelouch’s side.

• January 29, 2008 at 11:55 pmEpiyon

OMG I’m soo excited can’t wait =(

• January 29, 2008 at 11:56 pmAtashi

I don’t want to see Nunnally’s place in Lelouch’s heart get taken over by Rollo… Nunna-chan!

• January 29, 2008 at 11:57 pmgfire

hmm looks like it

aniwaz april ftw!

• January 29, 2008 at 11:58 pmkindaichi

Is Lelouch suffering from amnesia?

• January 29, 2008 at 11:58 pmjose

its great but i wonder if Lelouch’s on the New Japan or Britania
    there are alot of things that are still to know, where is CC. anywhays

• January 29, 2008 at 11:59 pmFinal

(Spoiler-ish)

Oh, and I wonder how Lelouch got his Geass … Show Spoiler ▼

And, maybe people are gonna like/hate Suzaku more now since he’s turned all cold and “evil”. I hate him more, but people can have other opinions. :)

• January 29, 2008 at 11:59 pmdodingdaga777

Wait, did Cornelia died in the end of the 1st season? Also where is C.C.?

• January 30, 2008 at 12:00 amAtashi

“1 Year since the sound of gunshot…
    To make those days end…
    To continue those days…
    Declare your dissent to the world!
    And then, all of the judgments will begin.”

• January 30, 2008 at 12:03 amhmm

Ekk…!!..

• January 30, 2008 at 12:11 amjohn

widescreen – yayayay

• January 30, 2008 at 12:38 amDrakron

April … same month as Macross Frontier, bad timing of Sunrise part.

• January 30, 2008 at 12:48 amGo!

@Drakron – Macross does has its reputation and Geass has its story and ability to plot twist like no tomorrow. We shall see who can reel in the audience. ;)

I think Viletta is the Gym teacher now. lol There is a golden whistle around her neck. I wonder if she is still hell bent on destroying Lelouch. I mean they are all going to the same school now.

lol, R2′s plot is so contradictory to R1′s situations.

Could this guy be one of the Knight of the Rounds?

HD Code Geass FTW!

• January 30, 2008 at 12:48 amwhatever

hmmm, not exactly a bad time for sunrise if this code geass season 2 turns out to be good too. and suzaku looks more like cornellia now, even looks colder than cornellia.

• January 30, 2008 at 12:52 amGo!

Oh a question, Who is the owner of this pendant?

I was thinking Marianne?

• January 30, 2008 at 12:53 amwhatever

and ah, what happened to that girl, that chase/stalk/masturbate on euphimia?:D I remember her holding something like nuclear at the end of R1

• January 30, 2008 at 12:55 am‹(•¿•)›

I like the idea of Suzaku going all evil. But Geass should have just been a 52 episode series from the beginning. I remember the general themes of the series, but I’ve forgotten a lot of the specifics, like what a Burai was.

• January 30, 2008 at 12:57 amGo!

@whatever – Nina is somewhere, maybe hired by Lloyd to work in his department. Im sure she is alive since everyone is still alive and Ashford Academy is still there.

• January 30, 2008 at 12:58 amJenose

I wonder why everthing becomes like this, can’t wait until April…

(=w=)=3

• January 30, 2008 at 1:00 amwhatever

@ – I think suzaku becomes evil because he become depressed on the fact that britannian cant change. The reason he became britannian dog is to change them from inside, but because of zero incident(not to mention the brits are the winner), they will not be able to change even more. But as always, suzaku will still blame the fact that brits cant change to other person

• January 30, 2008 at 1:01 amwhatever

@go – thanks for reminder. her name is nina! hell yea. I hope she is as crazy as she was:D

• January 30, 2008 at 1:05 amWhite Star

When I saw that Lelouch was alive I thought that he had mastered his Geass which may have grown in power, but since C.C. isn’t there it may be more complex.

• January 30, 2008 at 1:06 amGo!

Youtube friendly link in case you guys are have a hard time getting Biglobe to work.

• January 30, 2008 at 1:12 amsuckoja

Looks exciting! Hope C.C. come back to the story soon! ALL HAIL TO BRITANNIA!!

• January 30, 2008 at 1:34 amExia

One BIG question: How the hell did he get his Geass reversed without C.C around ?!?!?!?

• January 30, 2008 at 1:36 amMeraxes

Glad that the new season will start in April – I missed Code Geass! I’m happy to see that Suzaku is still around. Plus, I woner how Lelouch stands with respect to the Black Knights. Well, all shall be answered in the new season. It can’t come soon enough ^_^

• January 30, 2008 at 1:41 amGo!

@Exia – That is yet to be determined by official spoilers(ETA is end of Feb and middle of March). Only speculation has been lurking around.

Hmm I originally thought CC was narrator because it sounded like her super serious put down tone. But, the voice’s tone and pitch does match a younger male character like Rollo.

• January 30, 2008 at 2:38 amJason Isenberg

OH SWEET MOTHER HELL YES SON!!! =D This looks a hell of a lot better than the first. Though it sucks that they HAD to tell everyone that Suzaku and Lulu will be alive =/ kinda kills the fun out of making people want the show =.=

• January 30, 2008 at 2:42 am.

The animation looks so nice.

Apparently Suzaku is supposed to be driven with and obsessed with getting Zero.

• January 30, 2008 at 3:04 amDarklord

I hope Suzaku becomes evil and ruthless. This way I could probably tolerate his hypocritical personality.

As for Cornellia, I don’t think she’s necessarily dead, it’s more like they are not showing her to keep the tension.

Looks like the Chinese guys are going to play a much bigger part in the story than random sidekicks and grunts. I hope they become a neutral third party to make things even more interesting.

As for Nanally, she got abducted at the end of season 1 and Lelouch probably could not rescue her, so it’s no wonder we don’t see her. She’ll probably show up later in the series.

Well, the theories about Lelouch losing his memories might turn out to be true after all. I would hate if that were the case though – losing memory is such a cheap plot device. It’s present in all the soap operas.

• January 30, 2008 at 3:22 amhmmm..

Lelouche probably doesn’t have the geass anymore maybe that new kid does argghh who are all these new ppl !! Lelouche is alive :D …hopes… come on april!!

• January 30, 2008 at 3:31 amSyaoran Li

Wait a minute, where’s Lelouch’s Geass Eye? What happened here….

• January 30, 2008 at 3:47 amMEE

OH HO HO HO H HO ! :D

• January 30, 2008 at 3:49 amShippoyasha

I don’t care about the criticism about the show anymore. I am absolutely HYPED!!!!!

• January 30, 2008 at 4:06 amshiki

The flag has a very japanese flavor, but there are far too many kanji without hiragana punctuation, making me wonder if this is China’s banner. Anyone with superior kanji / kang xi knowledge care to take a crack at whats written there?

• January 30, 2008 at 4:51 amRie

@ shiki

It’s the Crimson Lotus starting OS.

• January 30, 2008 at 5:17 amWingZero zxt

@ blog writer: I dont think lelouch will be suprised about trhee burai showing u because at the very least the show is still called CODE GEASS Lelouch of the Rebellion!! even if he is he will be leading troops again before you know it. Have faith :P

• January 30, 2008 at 6:20 amc2suki

@shiki: That’s the Guren Nishiki’s start up screen.

• January 30, 2008 at 7:30 amBakanekokun

YEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS….at least we have SOME questions answered. I can’t wait about two more months to go!!!

• January 30, 2008 at 7:33 amBakanekokun

• January 30, 2008 at 7:36 amLegno

I would be very dissapointed if lelouche vs suzaku would be a yamamoto vs shin (of GSD)

I hope we won’t know what happened between kallen, suzaku and lelouche in the beginning. This would make season 2 a lot mysterious in its story and characters

• January 30, 2008 at 7:43 amShippoyasha

Nothing wrong with Yamato/Shinn IMO Legno.. they had their battles and were burnt out.

I think an early reveal won’t be bad either, but somehow Lelouch lost his powers that time. Maybe that event helped stop the fight from happening? Maybe the effect of the Geass vanished too? Like maybe all of them forgot about each other being enemies if for the moment?

• January 30, 2008 at 8:09 amKGFJ

I don’t think Lelouch loses his memory. He still has the same evil eyes ;p.
    There is a spoiler that C.C will still be working with Lelouch. There is even images that show she will get new costume too (a hotter one, I should note).
    I don’t like Suzaku even more after seeing his stupid-full-of-revenge eyes. He looks as dumb as usual. Anyway, that Chinese guy looks interesting! I bet he’s gonna have bisa role in R2.

• January 30, 2008 at 8:10 amhayate-sama

@Shiki

It is Karin ‘s kinghtmare frame boot screen ( which the name escape me somehow >”

• January 30, 2008 at 8:10 amKGFJ

Not bisa, I mean big.

• January 30, 2008 at 8:59 amBrian

hold on… how much time had already passed in this season 2?

• January 30, 2008 at 9:03 amPilopo poi

Where is Nanaly? VV give the geass of “can see and walk but be a guy who called Rollo” XD

• January 30, 2008 at 9:26 ammangastuff

Lulu fight!

• January 30, 2008 at 9:45 amBROOKLYN otaku

way, way, way too much build up. and i heard they gonna stretch the series even longer than 52 eps ..good lord!! STOP TALKING BOUT IT! DELIVER THE GOODS ALREADY….. but then again….. i can’t HATE…GET DAT MONEY SUNRISE!!

• January 30, 2008 at 10:14 amPea

How can they three survived after the last episode, then who´s got shooted? Nunnally?

• January 30, 2008 at 10:27 amXamario

The spoiler posted by . (sic) is false, and there’s really no information about this being longer than 52 episodes. Just pure speculaton.

Having said that…can’t wait for April.

• January 30, 2008 at 11:51 ammc

Lelouch looks so damn sad in this shot. Aw man. It’s like Lelouch turned into Euphie and Suzaku turned into Cornelia.

CAN’T WAIIIIIT :D

• January 30, 2008 at 11:57 ameclad

possible theory, Lelouch could have gotten his geass eye shot. That’s farfetched due to probability of surviving but hey…

The way Rollo carries himself is already a foreshadow…

• January 30, 2008 at 11:59 amkaplan

#
    Honcho at 11:45 pm on January 29th, 2008

Is this Suzaku??? http://randomc.net/image/CODE%20GEASS/CODE%20GEASS%20R2%20-%20PV1%20-%2026.jpg

no, this is lelouch. this is not a guess believe me.

• January 30, 2008 at 12:08 pmsniperz

think about this bishouen like princess ismail from Gundam 00 ROFL.. a brother!? XD!!

• January 30, 2008 at 3:52 pmRay

Could this new kid be relate to Lelouch like a brother causes he has purple eyes just like all his bro and sis

• January 30, 2008 at 5:18 pmOMG

any one think the lelouch lost his memories and power because look the uncontrolable geass power is not in affec

• January 30, 2008 at 5:39 pmida

• January 30, 2008 at 6:05 pmOMG

omg….wheres lelouch’s geass, if its gone ill cry and where CC(you have to have CC to be happy)

• January 30, 2008 at 6:54 pmjak

im happy that already in Episode 1 of season 2 we will see so much action =)

and dont ask me how i know that coz its simpe logic that they show us trailer with cutout moments only from first 1 or 2 episodes
    that how it usualy goes with anime trailers

• January 30, 2008 at 7:16 pmGP

Well, Nunnally plot twist? Simple, TIME HAX! Just wait for everything to go to hell on a global scale. Then outta nowhere Nunnally opens her zomg supercharged geass eyes and everything gets haxed like it never happend. kekekekek

But anyways, Suazaku is looking pretty badass imo. He’s gotten rid of any left over naive thoughts from s1 and is pretty much set on his own goals. Now if those goals clash with Lulus still or if there is some bigger problem they both have to work together to get out of/overcome, we’ll have to wait and see.

• January 30, 2008 at 8:11 pmAndi

NOT MY IDEA AT ALL BUT I AGREE:

rollo=nunnally

yeah i know they have different voice actors but whatev. so technically maybe nunnally has been in the promos so far anyways?

c’mon – ROLL-o haha see what i did there.

• January 30, 2008 at 8:25 pmReika

Maybe CC saved him at the end of the last episode, she seems to do that a lot. I don’t like this new Rollo, character.. unless he hides a big fat secret, like him being Lelouche’s long lost brother.
    Mmm, I hope Code Geass has a happy ending >

• January 31, 2008 at 2:12 amrauzes

I think, Nunally got some crazy assed geass that makes her have Haruhi powers. just my insight though

• January 31, 2008 at 4:10 amKaioshin Sama

@Rauzes Well if you read the manga Nightmare of Nunally she’s bloody unstoppably powerful along with a Geass that let’s her predict the future. And if people think that the Thrones in Gundam 00 make the series seem more Super Robot like then they should see what Knightmare of Nunally does for Code Geass. Her Knightmare is just ridiculous beyon all reason and seems more organic and angelic then the clearly mechanical Knightmare Frames of Britannia.

I wouldn’t put it past her ending up godlike in the actual series a bit too. I’ve always learned to fear the Wheelchair Lolis above all else.

• January 31, 2008 at 6:27 amgai

@Kaioshin Sama
    Elfien Lied xD ??

• January 31, 2008 at 6:33 amTobayaki

is this CC from season 2 ?? http://img259.imageshack.us/my.php?image=cc2oq8.jpg

• January 31, 2008 at 6:35 amTobayaki

coz i found some pics. from Code Geass magazine here http://www.japanator.com/elephant/photo.phtml?post_key=7117&photo_key=2501

if that is CC from season 2 thats cool =) she looks awesome

• January 31, 2008 at 9:16 amm-san

Is Rollo, like, Lelouch and Nunnally’s full brother? Or half, having the same mom [instead of the more common same dad -- Emperor Wakamoto xD;]. I mean, the names…

Lelouch Lamperouge [RURUshu in Japanese]
    Nunnally Lamperouge [NANAli in Japanese]
    Rollo Lamperouge [RORO in Japanese]

Hmm? Hmm? lol

these trailers are driving me nuts -_-;;

april april april april please come nao! xDDD

• January 31, 2008 at 2:54 pmKaioshin Sama

@Gai: An excellent example. The more seemingly helpless the loli, the more likely she’ll rip you to pieces just by thought alone or gain godly powers later on. Other examples include Hayate from Nanoha, Mashiro from Mai Hime and several characters from the Eroge game series Rance.

• January 31, 2008 at 10:57 pmDaisuke CP9

• February 1, 2008 at 5:58 amm-san

That logo thing between his eyebrows, it seems familiar… I can’t quite remember. Ugh. =(

• February 1, 2008 at 11:39 amRyugan Koji

well maybe lelouch survived, because the order that he give to suzaku whit his geass (you have to live, remember?), in the final scene if lelouch die the explosive that he plug in his chest before make suzaku die maybe that is why lelouch is alive

• February 1, 2008 at 8:18 pmlulu

hohoho… so suzaku is finally gonna die this season…

• February 2, 2008 at 7:11 amNanaya

Actually, Lelouch might have the larger chance of dying while Suzaku ends up surviving THEN finding everything out about what REALLY happened that fateful day (ep22-23) but can’t even kill himself because of his “Live” Geass.

And Schneizel rules the world. You heard it here first.

• February 2, 2008 at 1:21 pmparadogmatic

I’ll put my vote out there now .. Rollo /is/ Nunnally ..

• February 3, 2008 at 5:20 amseeker4life

At least lulu is not dead and hopefully Suzaku will die in this season.

• February 4, 2008 at 12:23 amASDAS returns

pro anti hero

• February 4, 2008 at 2:14 amanimeinsanity

I completely agree with paradogmatic… I also put my vote on Rollo being Nunnally. The first thing I thought when i saw the trailer was that Rollo is Nunnanly. Well all this is speculation after all. Can’t wait until April. I hope Lulu survives in the end but I’m scared that he won’t. This reminds me of Death Note. Light starts off as the hero and then get power hungry and just starts killing, just like Lulu.

• February 4, 2008 at 11:58 pmpinkharo

I guess Lulu lost his memory. Or should I say all 3 of them. But the culprit has to be V.V. Pure speculation.

• February 5, 2008 at 11:10 amjoachim

suzaku finally become real emo uh yea, and i know many people hate suzaku.. but i love that guy, suzaku just spices code geass even more.. i am bloody pro ANTI HERO

• February 10, 2008 at 3:18 pmCecil

You know, for some reason I see Lelouch and Suzaku taking on roles similar to that of Ramza and Delita (respectively) from Final Fantasy Tactics… just a thought, but I hope that’s not the case here…

• February 12, 2008 at 8:54 pmHoneyFlavoredPocky

I have an idea! Maybe Lelouch lost his Geass and memory and the Burai is there to retrieve him cause they all know he’s Zero?

Nya. Regardless I’m super excited. Unfortunatly I’m going to be in Japan at the end of March and not at all in April. *sighs* So close but oh well. :3

• February 14, 2008 at 3:57 pmKiron

shiki, the flag is the one of the Kyoto company.

• March 1, 2008 at 8:14 pmEvelyn Churchill

Oh my gosh. Lookie! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qVJijhAwPk&feature=related Suzaku has a blue geass +spazz+

• March 7, 2008 at 4:56 pmA looker-on

No. 6. of knight “knight of rounds” of the emperor direct control
    It is rare to show feelings on a list, and it is supposed so that indifference is given to another person and things as far as I am particularly not interested. But the title of No. 6 sticks to the position at the youngest not Date. I carry a mobile telephone and always update a photograph and blog diligently.

• March 9, 2008 at 3:33 pmJei

Definitely looking good.

• April 1, 2008 at 1:12 pmCali Boy

so do anyone know what the date the eps well come out.. cant wait to watch it, wanna know who shot who.. and dsoe anyone have a site for teh manga..