Fullmetal Alchemist – CM2

The second (by my count) commercial for the new Fullmetal Alchemist series aired with today’s episode of Gundam 00, and it shows some actual footage of the new series. At least, I think it’s new footage – it’s been ages since I watched FMA, so I honestly don’t remember. Either way, the images don’t reveal much and mainly show Ed and Al. It’s good to see those two in action again, and I’m looking forward to the new show even though it’s still two months away. Fullmetal Alchemist is slated to replace Gundam 00 starting April 5th, 2009.

February 8, 2009 at 4:52 am
  • February 8, 2009 at 4:53 amKatsumara

Heck yes. Awesome commercial/trailer.

• February 8, 2009 at 4:57 amWhispo

Cool, FMA is awsome …. now hurry up and post gundam 00!

• February 8, 2009 at 5:03 amvolks

is it me or does ed have more of a baby face

• February 8, 2009 at 5:04 amxxraihaxx

hey fster post gundm 00 ep 18

• February 8, 2009 at 5:07 ammutio

Wonder how they’ll continue the story. Show Spoiler ▼

• February 8, 2009 at 5:11 amWhispo

@ mutio

• February 8, 2009 at 5:13 amarkeid

2Mutio

It will be a remake of old series, not a sequel

• February 8, 2009 at 5:15 amsherri-chan

Judging from the looks of it, they are remaking the actual manga plot. That’s totally awesome! (the first 30-ish episodes of the first anime only had about 70% of manga, while the rest is completely original… I really don’t see how they can pull off a second anime without redoing the whole thing =P)

• February 8, 2009 at 5:23 amzzeroparticle

Did the music strike at anyone’s memory? I’m definitely looking to see how this soundtrack will turn out because I heard that Akira Senju’s going to be behind this series and I’m interested in seeing his take and how it differs from Michiru Ooshima’s.

• February 8, 2009 at 5:32 amjlyn101

new footage, alright. can’t wait.
    now who’s gonna sing the theme songs?

• February 8, 2009 at 5:33 amKeroro21

My opinion, Ed and Al just stumbled into the world of Dissidia:Final Fantasy.

lol, Just kidding, wherever they are, it seems inhuman. Whatever enemy awaits them, I’m sure they’ll be worse than the Homunculus. Who knows, maybe Dante will return and seek revenge.

• February 8, 2009 at 5:41 amLen

@Keroro21

It’s a manga adaption, they’re in Amestris. Dante doesn’t even exist in the manga btw.

• February 8, 2009 at 6:23 amFuruba

woo new footage as the animation looks a bit different. soul eater-ish a bit maybe? omg can’t wait, the manga is really awesome so far. can’t wait to see all the characters that didn’t make it into the anime in this one 8D
    and more RIZA please!!!

• February 8, 2009 at 6:40 amXei

Oooooooo, Damn the animation quality is high. :3

• February 8, 2009 at 8:02 amKatya

FMA back again? HELL FUCKING YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man, nothing beats the previous generation of anime, Cowboy Bebop, Outlaw Star, Wolf’s Rain, Trigun, Inuyasha, G.I.T.S, Samurai Champloo, FLCL, Paranoia Agent, etc. etc…..

Aside from a select few, for me, nothing has premiered that matches the awesomeness of the previous line up of shows or their soundtracks.

• February 8, 2009 at 9:34 amkandur

That leg-disintegration sequence looks a little bit…. wierd. Oh hell, I obviously doesn’t expect it to be extra gory, but still… it looks like dissasembling a LEGO.

• February 8, 2009 at 10:37 amUnknownVoice

@kandur

Well thats exactly how it happened in manga.

After all the leg was NOT torn off it was transfered onto Show Spoiler ▼

• February 8, 2009 at 10:45 amSilentmanX

didn’t Ed live in another world? or is this in another timeline

• February 8, 2009 at 10:53 amJarmel

Well this answers part of everybody’s question. It seems that they are remaking the whole thing starting from the beginning and not midway. Now the question is how many episodes are they going to do because it is going to hard as hell to fit the whole plot into 50 episodes unless they go at full throttle the whole time.

• February 8, 2009 at 10:53 amUnknownVoice

@SilentmanX

Its “remake”.

In a sense its a restart with the storyline being actually faithful to manga this time. :)

• February 8, 2009 at 10:57 amSam93

nah its not a second season

• February 8, 2009 at 11:19 amUnknownVoice

@Jarmel

Well, it would be from 2(if chapters have more talking) to 3(if there’s more action) chapters per episode.

Considering manga will end in about chapter 100, they perfectly fit to 52 episodes ;)

• February 8, 2009 at 11:24 amKasumisty

Can somebody translate?

• February 8, 2009 at 11:52 amRednights

Eh, that’s funny, I never knew half the first anime was original, and hell I thought that was pretty damn good story at the end. While it does bum me out that this is a remake, I’m not really going to complain.

• February 8, 2009 at 12:02 pmJarmel

@Unknown Voice

Well we’ll see if it actually ends at the 100 mark. She said that it would, but it seems at the current rate it would take a few more like around 105 but again we’ll see. I’m assuming that they already have planned out how they are going to be doing this. The only thing I really hope doesn’t happen is if Arakawa isn’t done and they have have to do another anime only ending, I would be enraged.

• February 8, 2009 at 3:51 pmBlue_Master

why do they look so young in the comercial? oh well i might be wrong. Cant wait!!!!

• February 8, 2009 at 4:31 pmCipher

This should be FMA remake and they’ll probably do 2 seasons or so till they somewhat catch up with the manga almost like one of the weekly shounen animes

• February 8, 2009 at 5:04 pmKeroro21

They don’t need to redo the series, the first one was awesome. I just hope they don’t redo the story and move on to a new story that has something to do with the manga’s ending after the Lab 5 incident, probably something like Ed and Al being taken to an alternate version of they’re world away from our world and are magically reverted back to they’re 15 and 14 year old selves. I mean, starting over again will make them look as lame as Batman:The Brave and the Bold, where the whole Batman story is separate from the Batman’s rouge gallery, and he joins up with the weakest and dumbest looking characters ever, IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH BATMAN!! Besides, the first FMA anime was good because it told a different story, it was unique.

• February 8, 2009 at 6:37 pmAznCoffee

f*ck yea…. =__=

I’m so looking forward to this…

I still remember when I first saw FMA on [adult swim]
    damn digital broadcasting crap >_> I lost all my channels

• February 8, 2009 at 6:49 pmRyvius

Can’t wait for this!!!!

• February 8, 2009 at 7:40 pmPower

Im so looking forward to this manga version of FMA.

• February 8, 2009 at 7:59 pmKeroro21

You people really have lost it.

• February 8, 2009 at 8:33 pmDragonite88

FMA looks wicked. Two Months away and Gundam 00 has jus begun lol cant be thinking of the end yet. What great show to cover another great show

• February 8, 2009 at 9:10 pmShadow_Strider

Wait so are the first 25 episodes going to be like reapeats… they should do a summarry eppisode and then start the new material on ep 2.

• February 8, 2009 at 11:00 pmJarmel

If they can fit it all in then I say go for it.

• February 8, 2009 at 11:53 pmExia

Full Throttle all the way!!

It seems the character designs seem different. It’s lacking.

• February 9, 2009 at 9:41 amAndo_Reann

Woot! It does look like it’ll follow the manga more closely! (although, for some reason I always thought that the Gate’s eye was red in the manga…) Oh well, it’s going to be kickass anyway! The first anime was really good, but the manga’s storyline is really more wicked!
    Looking at this trailer, I wonder what the scene around 0:09 is about? What are these red lights behind Al?

• February 9, 2009 at 11:15 amUnknownVoice

@Ando_Reann

Those red light, hm.

its either:
    A) scene created just for the promo
    B) Scene out of OP or ED.
    C) The Siege of Central from the upcomming manga chapters

• February 10, 2009 at 2:20 amChiyoko

\(*A*)/ FMA!

• February 10, 2009 at 3:00 pmkenken

wow,that’s awsome,,,cant wait

• February 10, 2009 at 3:15 pmstandby mode

the Edward in this adaptation looks like the Edward of the manga too much….interesting, but to stay true to the legacy that the first Fullmetal Alchemist left, i would like to see the Edward in the original anime series drawn here as it is…..

• February 12, 2009 at 4:27 amGGear0323

yes people, by all accounts, this is basically the way the original anime should have been if the manga was even close to finished at the time. that measn, yes, though some things will be a little different, for the most part, we kind of already know how the beginning of this anime adaption is going to play out. but who cares, as far as i know (i havent read the manga) people cannot stop talking about how the second half of the manga (where the first anime of FMA diverged into anime-original eps) is absolutely crazy good and exciting. even better for me since, my memory of life in general being shit, all i know is that i loved the first season, but beyond that …… i dont really remember exactly how things went. bring on more crazy good FMA anime.

• February 12, 2009 at 7:06 pmomega93

The first FMA series was average, it was ok when compared to the actual manga which had a really good plot. This new series isn’t really a remake, its the actual story, its gonna follow the manga properly. This series will be a lot better i personally think as it will be true to the manga. I really look forward to this new series, something to replace gundam 00 after it finishes.

• February 14, 2009 at 1:43 amHikari

I hope they won’t waste too many episodes showing manga stuff that they already adapted in the first season. Other than that, I really can’t wait till April!