Gundam 00 Second Season – 24 »« Gundam 00 Second Season – 22

Gundam 00 Second Season – 23

Gundam 00 Second Season   23   01 Gundam 00 Second Season   23   02 Gundam 00 Second Season   23   03
Gundam 00 Second Season   23   04 Gundam 00 Second Season   23   05 Gundam 00 Second Season   23   06
Gundam 00 Second Season   23   07 Gundam 00 Second Season   23   08 Gundam 00 Second Season   23   09
Gundam 00 Second Season   23   10 Gundam 00 Second Season   23   11 Gundam 00 Second Season   23   12
Gundam 00 Second Season   23   13 Gundam 00 Second Season   23   14 Gundam 00 Second Season   23   15
Gundam 00 Second Season   23   16 Gundam 00 Second Season   23   17 Gundam 00 Second Season   23   18
Gundam 00 Second Season   23   19 Gundam 00 Second Season   23   20 Gundam 00 Second Season   23   21
Gundam 00 Second Season   23   22 Gundam 00 Second Season   23   23 Gundam 00 Second Season   23   24
Gundam 00 Second Season   23   25 Gundam 00 Second Season   23   26 Gundam 00 Second Season   23   27
Gundam 00 Second Season   23   28 Gundam 00 Second Season   23   29 Gundam 00 Second Season   23   30
Gundam 00 Second Season   23   31 Gundam 00 Second Season   23   32 Gundam 00 Second Season   23   33
Gundam 00 Second Season   23   34 Gundam 00 Second Season   23   35 Gundam 00 Second Season   23   36
Gundam 00 Second Season   23   37 Gundam 00 Second Season   23   38 Gundam 00 Second Season   23   39
Gundam 00 Second Season   23   40 Gundam 00 Second Season   23   41 Gundam 00 Second Season   23   42
Gundam 00 Second Season   23   43 Gundam 00 Second Season   23   44 Gundam 00 Second Season   23   45

Summary:

Regene is elated that Ribbons is dead, but just moments later, Ribbons reappears in a fresh body. Ribbons reveals that his consciousness is connected directly to Veda, so his body is only a container. When Ribbons again states his superiority, Regene tries to shoot him again, but this time, Regene is the one who gets shot. The person who shoots Regene in the chest is none other than Ali Al-Saachez, and he’s itching to get involved in the greater battle. At this moment, the A-LAWS forces are still putting up a fight, and Kati is concentrating her forces to finish them off. Patrick gets into trouble against some Aheads, but fortunately the 00 Raiser saves him. Setsuna and Saji then destroy more ships and Aheads, but Setsuna notices that there aren’t any Innovators around. Recognizing the strategy being used, Sumeragi directs Ian to concentrate their attack on the center of the enemy fleet. Kati, however, tells the Gundams to guard their mother ship, and that leads to Sumeragi and Kati speaking to each other again. Kati makes it clear though that she’s only using Celestial Being against A-LAWS and that once this fight is over, she’ll be going back after Celestial Being for their crimes.

All this is interrupted by an urgent message from Setsuna telling everyone to engage in evasive maneuvers because he realized that an attack was coming. Indeed, a massive particle beam suddenly appears out of nowhere and blows through all sides involved in the fighting. The Ptolemaios and the Gundams manage to evade it, but the A-LAWS side suffers heavy losses. Setsuna knows that this is the Innovators’ doing, and it turns out to be from a special GN Drive powered weapon that Ribbons has. Ribbons then cancels the optical camouflage on the Innovator’s massive asteroid ship, and the sight of it shocks everyone. He feels that Aeolia Schenberg foresaw everything, including the encounter with what was then unknown, and Ribbons compares his ship to an ark to save mankind. Given this development, Sumeragi informs her new allies that Celestial Being will be attacking the enemy ship to recover Veda, and she offers her thanks and condolences for those killed. Rallying her own crew and the Gundam Meisters to free the world from the control of the Innovators for the sake of the future, Sumeragi starts what she calls their last mission.

The path to the Innovator ship is not an easy one though given that its surface is populated heavily with defensive gun batteries. Sumeragi sends the Gundams ahead to deal with this, but the bigger immediate problem is the particle cannon that’s ready to fire again. Fortunately, Lasse’s piloting spares the Ptolemaios. Ribbons isn’t worried about this and sends out the massive Gaga force piloted by all the Bring and Devine clones. They’re in mobile suits developed by Billy, and they all have Trans-Am systems. Although the Gundams are able to destroy a few of these, there are just too many, and most make it all the way to the Ptolemaios and throw themselves at the ship like Trans-Am missiles. The Ptolemaios gets some temporary relief when the Celestial Being transport ship uses itself as a shield, but when things start looking bad again, it’s Kati and Klaus who come to the rescue. This leads to the Gaga force targeting the newly arrived ships, and Patrick gives up his life holding them off, though he manages to tell Kati that he loves her before his mobile suit explodes.

The Ptolemaios crew then finds their target, the dock entrance on the Innovator ship, so Sumeragi orders the use of Trans-Am to close the distance. They manage to crash into the enemy dock, and Allelujah and Marie cover their back. Lasse also boards the 0 Gundam to help out. According to the plan, the other Gundam Meisters spread out and invade the enemy ship separately, but Ribbons has Automatons and more of the Gaga force ready. What’s more, Louise and Ali Al-Saachez make their appearances, with Louise facing off against Setsuna and Saji while Lyle encounters Ali. Unfortunately, the Cherudim Gundam’s ranged weaponry struggles against Ali Al-Saachez at close range. Feldt manages to find Veda’s location during this time and passes on the information, but Tieria is unable to act on it immediately because Hiling and Revive also appear, and their mobile suits now have Trans-Am as well. Their speed allows them to cut apart the Seravee Gundam and cause it to crash. With the Automatons now overrunning the Ptolemaios, Sumeragi takes a rifle and heads out by herself. She almost immediately runs into a group of Automatons led by Billy, and he points his gun at her.

Andrei tries to help out Louise in the fight against the 00 Raiser, but he quickly gets disabled and can only watch as Louise struggles in the battle. Louise feels that the Gundams are the evil that is throwing the world into disarray, and she thinks that things would be better with them gone, but Saji questions if that would really bring happiness. Saji asserts that a future won through fighting isn’t a real future, but they can build a future by understanding each other. Meanwhile, Hiling notices that Tieria escaped the wreckage of the Seravee. Tieria has made his way to the location where Veda is being kept, and Ribbons is already there wondering if mankind is going to be experiencing destruction or rebirth. Tieria feels that it’s not up to Ribbons to decide that, and he’s got his gun out and pointed at Ribbons.

Gundam 00 Second Season   23   Preview 01 Gundam 00 Second Season   23   Preview 02 Gundam 00 Second Season   23   Preview 03

If nothing else, that was a very exciting episode. In fact, I’d say it felt like there was almost too much going on at once, particularly during the last five or so minutes, and the importance of each separate thing was getting lost in the mix. I could barely react to Patrick being killed because they moved so quickly to the next thing. I was sad to see him go, and I think this bodes poorly for the rest of the cast, though there’s always the chance he made it out alive. In any case, my point is that a lot of stuff got set up in a short time span, and I’m hoping they’ll be able to concentrate a bit more on each separate showdown next week. I want to note though that I don’t think the Ali vs. Lyle fight makes as much sense as an Ali vs. Setsuna fight would in terms of match-ups. Given that Ali appears to have the upper hand right now, maybe Setsuna will still get a shot at him. I also hope Billy dies since I’ve been very annoyed at how he’s gone to these lengths over what he perceives as Sumeragi’s betrayal. Maybe Graham will come back and talk some sense into him.

Speaking of Billy, I thought the whole Gaga force was kind of stupid. If Ribbons wanted Trans-Am missiles, then why didn’t he just make missiles with GN Drives and Trans-Am systems? I don’t understand why he had to sacrifice all those clones and mobile suits. And on the topic of Trans-Am, everyone having Trans-Am now makes it feel completely worthless, and in fact the Cherudim, the Arios, and the Seravee all had trouble this week. Only the 00 Raiser still feels special, and that’s partly because Setsuna is portrayed more like a battlefield god every week. In short, I enjoyed all the action this week, but the Gaga force and the Trans-Am proliferation was disappointing.

As for next week, the preview hints that Setsuna is going to become an Innovator, and I fully expect either him or Tieria or Regene to screw up Ribbons’ plans. I’m not convinced that Regene is dead yet, though if he does come back, he’ll probably just be killed off again after doing what he reappeared to do. Regardless, I still have high hopes for these last two episodes, so I hope things don’t get too out of hand.

March 15, 2009 at 5:38 am
  • March 15, 2009 at 9:55 pmSetsuna00

i was really hoping this episode would show us if anything would come of the whole setsunaxfeldt thing in ep 21, or if he would end up giving the flower to marina

• March 15, 2009 at 10:06 pmGundam 00 Fan

@Setsuna00
    Yeah, I thought this episode 「命の華」(Flower of Life) has something to do with that flower Feldt gave Setsuna. Maybe they had last minute changes of the scripts?

Has anyone noticed all the Innovators are now wearing Gundam Meister-like uniforms and helmets?

• March 15, 2009 at 10:16 pmZero

You would think that after almost 2 complete seasons of Gundam 00 or the many, MANY other gundam series that you guys would either stop watching or stop complaining yeah sunrise has killed off plenty of characters in other series that did not have any reason to die i.e. shirley in CG, as for tying up plot there really isnt much to tie off except for the love problems, graham, innovator setsuna and a whole lot of kick assery so either stop bitching and sit back and enjoy the last eps or keep on complaining so when its over you can go find something else to whine about.

• March 15, 2009 at 10:43 pmShadowLucas

sadly, i don’t think soma peries would cry, if she killed andrei
    i believe allelujah will die in the next episode
    this is sad, he was my favorite meister :(

bye

• March 15, 2009 at 11:00 pmBluevirage

If what I read while watching the episode sub titled is true. I was right on the money with my second theory about aliens back when I made a big post after watching episode twenty-one or so.

If they do continue 00 Gundam in some form or fashion, I hope it deals with the whole alien thing. It would be interesting to see.

Also for fans whom think Seravee is down and out. Remember that the Seraphim Gundam is fully intact and is the unit that houses the GN Drive. Also its special ability has yet to be seen. I pretty much think it is a GN particle cancellation effect or a remote hack ability when it comes to units connected to Veda.

Whatever happens, this is my favorite Gundam series to date. Bandai really will have their work cut out for them to out do this show.

And I honestly thought nothing could top Gundam Seed and Seed Destiny. But I was proven wrong.

• March 15, 2009 at 11:44 pmSadifn

This episode made me laugh so hard…*cough*Gaga force

• March 15, 2009 at 11:56 pmValiantBlade

-Patrick gone?! Say it ain’t so! LoL His name “Immortal” better come back, just for the lulz! Seriously, just for the lulz, he better not be dead XD

-The battle was awesome, very fast paced, while it feels like the ending climax of SEED (not destiny) it does however have everyones matchups (Lyle vs Ali, Tieria vs Ribbons, Setsuna + Saji vs Louise, Sumeragi vs Billy)

-Lol, the Gaga Force, these Gaga mobile suits make me think of “Just Dance” XD But I agree on the whole Trans-Am think, guess that was the only purpose of Billy in the story, reverse engineering the Trans-am process. Its one thing for the main Innovators to have Trans-Am, but for the clone army to have it? Pretty stuffy if you ask me.

-Looks like the 0 Gundam didn’t really do much. Hope it does next week.

All in all, it was a great episode, hope this result last for the next two episodes. And I’m hoping if there will ever be a Season 3, or if 00 ends here T T I hope its the former, I swear.

• March 15, 2009 at 11:59 pmmango

where the hell is hallelujah = =

• March 16, 2009 at 12:01 amGundam 00 Fan

Imagine if Tieria can really get Veda back, reconnect to it, and activates the “Trial System” using Seraphim? All those Gaga “missiles” can be brought down in minutes, plus he can order Louise, Hilling and Revival to stop…By that time, Tieria can tell Setsuna and 00 to take a break :)

I don’t think next episode will end up with like this. I’m just imagining.

• March 16, 2009 at 12:24 amjustin43

Sadly, I believe that Hilling may die next episode for Ribbons or stop Tieria from behind since she did notice he was not in his gundam. :(

• March 16, 2009 at 12:31 amanimejohndoe

I agree with almost everybody that having trans am is terrible. It least ali is back him fighting lyle first is better since he did kill his brother. saji and sentuna goal is to save louise also. I am surprise there was lots of patrick fans. I am hoping i will enjoy this series when it ends 2 more left. At least they are going out with a bang

Bluevirage… I am suprise you like gsd not too many people will say they like the series.

i agree with zero… people enjoy the series bash it when it is over in two weeks or not. I enjoy the complaining they can be fun to read.

• March 16, 2009 at 12:54 amTouwaku

With all this fuss about Setsuna becoming an Innovator maybe the shock ending to the next ep is that Setsuna connects with Veda and then sides with Ribbons as an Innovator. That would piss me off to no end though.

• March 16, 2009 at 1:00 amnari

Billy and Ribbons will alive, and they will live together after the battle, happily ever after.. ^_^
    Yay !!

Ouch !! *slapped by the editor*

• March 16, 2009 at 1:46 amdiavolo blu

Hmm…seems lot’s of speculation that Allelujah will be the first meister to die ne. Can only hope it won’t come true, cause Allelujah is the most ‘human’ meister of them all. Then again in keeping with Gundam tradition, probably none of the meisters will die. Allelujah will probably just be wounded trying to shield Marie from harm…

Sad to see Patrick die, used to hate him but on seeing how he sacrificed himself, gotta give him the credit…An idiot who would risk his life for a girl always earn my utmost respect…

• March 16, 2009 at 1:59 amNotoriety

Woah they even have Lady Gaga’s shoulder pads.

• March 16, 2009 at 3:32 amExia

I loved every minute of that eye candy.

• March 16, 2009 at 3:47 amCreid

Wow a couple of people didn’t like the fact that Lasse piloted the 0 Gundam.

I for one think that Lasse is the most underrated character in the series. Lets not forget he contributed a lot to CB

i.e. for being:

-Ptolemy 1′s gunner
    -Ptolemy 2′s gunner/helmsman
    -GN-Arms’ pilot
    and now 0 Gundam’s pilot

He’s quite a talented member, too bad he doesn’t get much credit…

• March 16, 2009 at 4:02 amTsukasa

Anyone wanna bet that Marina will come out in the final episode as normal Gundam series, she will be Gundam 00 Lacus Clyne like in CE Era. lolx

And I bet Gundam 00 Raiser will get destroyed next episode when Setsuna went to Transam mode and he become innovator next after emo like Shin Asuka and Kira Yamato… Yelling I’m Gundam.. you can’t kill me.

• March 16, 2009 at 4:32 amLobotomy

Come on. someone please tell me wtf is Billy doing? I wanna freaking kill him for trying to kill the women I like the most in the series. Feldt is cute too. love them both…..

who has a better body, Sumeragi or Feldt? I wanna hear your opinion…

Mileina and Tieria might be the couple. remember when Tieria gave Mileina a blanket and she murmur sth…. then when they launch in Ep 22… she care about Tieria the most?

• March 16, 2009 at 5:13 amRagna

For some reason I feel much less interested in this season’s ending compared to season 1.

Frankly I think the show would’ve benefited if they really had killed off Tieria, Lockon, and Setsuna (MAYBE, he’s a toss-up) in season one and replaced them with new characters.

• March 16, 2009 at 7:57 amnutsy

@Ragna
    agreed…

• March 16, 2009 at 8:59 amlilu

• March 16, 2009 at 10:30 amsugarshock

Sunrise are such trolls.

If Billy’s going to live, I hope it’s because Graham comes in to intervene somehow, too. He’s bound to do something important now since he wasn’t in this episode.

• March 16, 2009 at 11:33 amgundam00

ribbons cant be killed. his mind is linked to veda and can be transfered to new body..wonder how sunrise going to kill him off

• March 16, 2009 at 11:40 amSonicSO

The Twin Drive System is unique to one Gundam,and it is pretty powerful.

It’s not an army but it’s close to a One-Man Army.

But seriously,I expected mass-produced Trans-Am to come sooner especially after episode 16,I’m surprised that it took them this long though I can think for a few logical reasons.

But even Celestial Being replicated their GN-Drive’s inate Trans-Am technology into their non-GN Drive machines it seems.

Nice episode overall,nice set-ups as well.

• March 16, 2009 at 11:48 amEspada

Espada’s Weekly Gundam Episode Opinion 23
    1. OMGWTFLMAOLOL O_O even our ultimate coordinator cant handle 1000 mobiles suits+trans-aw good thing they are for suicidal purposes only… (yeah ribbons your are dumb)
    2. i dont believe patrick died, the way he died is like mu laflaga in Gundam Seed, and we will see him with only 2 scars on the face…
    3. O Gundam has no use
    4. Automatons >,< they must be killed!!!
    5. where is mr. bushido <__>
    6. Celestial Being Mothership (THE GREATEST SUPERWEAPON IN GUNDAM HISTORY NO COOLDOWNS JUST DESTRUCTION!)
    7. 2 Eps to go and yes you know the ending, all of them will die ~ and ends with i love you i trust you….

• March 16, 2009 at 12:44 pmJeff2009

RIBBONS MUST BE STOPPED ONCE AND FOR ALL!!!

FUCK THOSE HYPOCRITES & PARASITES!!!

• March 16, 2009 at 12:58 pmJLaP

They all landed in worst case scenarios

The Long-Range and Artillery types in melee combat.
    The High-Speed Maneuverability types in limited space defensive battle.
    And Setsuna fighting the one person he won’t kill.

They’re dead, a Gundam series that ends in epic fail.

• March 16, 2009 at 1:17 pmAdemis

there is a chance that Patrick is still alive its the lower half of his ms that would take most of the damage and with his luck the rest of the suit could be more or less intacted. I wasn’t very impressed by Ribbon’s super fortress of doom at all. I not total happy about everyone have trans am the only logical thing I can think of is that Ribbon’s and Billy were try to biuld an army of trans am MS’s and ran out of time so it was desided they’d make nice manned missiles lol

• March 16, 2009 at 1:52 pmZaku Fan

Lets guess what happens if its a “Kill em all” Zeta type
    Lyle grabs hold of an over confident Ali and shoots his skirt missiles, blowing Ali up but also giving Lyle 5 seconds to say Anew or Neil before Cheradim blows up.

Allelujah body tackles the Gaga from Marie but gets hit by followup Gagas while shielding the Archer. He pushes the Archer to safety and tells Marie to live for him before getting blown up.

Tiera tries to fire his gun but gets frozen in place by Ribbons who gives his speech about how much of a better calibre and higher he is. As Tiera breaks free with his own will, Healing shows up and shoots Tiera. Tiera’s shot hits Veda instead, forcing Ribbons to stay inside his current body.

Feldt and Milena finish setting the self destuct of the Ptolemaios II. While covering Milena’s escape to her parents, she gets shot by automotons.

Milena reaches her parents and they jettison off from the Ptolemaios.

Billy opens fire on Sumeragi but its a trick to get her to kill him as his pistol is empty. Sumeragi holds Billy while she waits for the Ptolemaios self destruct to engulf the both of them.

Just as Louise is about to stop fighting, Andrei opens fire with his intact weapons and hits the 0 raiser, killing Sagi. Pushed over the edge again, Louise rams a shocked Andrei who thought he was helping her. Both of them ram into the mothership.

That sets the finale for Ribbons to show up with a new MS that used the data regarding the 00 that they captured from the Ptolemaios in episode 20. With Saji dead, the raiser beam sabre is unusable and they go into hand to hand combat. Hiling and Revive join in the attack pressing the lone Setsuna until Graham appears helping Setsuna. Setsuna continues to loose to Ribbons new 4 GN drive MS until Marie rams the Archer into him.

• March 16, 2009 at 1:59 pmZaku Fan

There is also no need to think too deeply on why they would build trans-am MS missiles. They probably wanted to show the personality of ribbons in which he has no qualms about sacrificing his own people. Add to the fact that MS are illogical since its more cost effective and battle effective to build 100 GN fangs instead of a single MS.

• March 16, 2009 at 2:40 pmRie-chan

-PATRICK!! NooOooOO sighs
    -I have a bad feeling that Sumeragi would die but i wouldn’t hope so =/
    -Gaga force…HAHA
    -Allelujah better stay alive D<

• March 16, 2009 at 6:51 pmValiantBlade

I sorta Agree with Ragna as well, and anyone else who says that Season 1 is more interesting then Season 2, but its not as if Season 2 was totally crap, its actually pretty good, just not as good as season 1 (I guess its the Code Geass effect again =/) but at least I know for certain that if things are progressing like this, the ending will be with a good bang.

Also, forgot to mention this. Setsuna will become a full Innovator hmm?

his new name: “Iam Gundam”

(XD I would so lol if they ever do that)

• March 16, 2009 at 7:39 pmmurakumo

Is it just me, or was there some authentic Star Wars blaster sound bytes going on during the first 5 or so minutes?

• March 16, 2009 at 8:48 pminsane

Ok, maybe you didn’t like the trans-am army but isn’t this situation kind of the same when everyone got a GN-drive? I kind of like of how much of a underdog celestial beings are currently. Seems like all of the meisters are losing except for setsuna, who suprise suprise, is their only hope.

• March 16, 2009 at 9:16 pmMarth186

I was really disappointed that Patrick died. I mean wasn’t he like invincible? And he was finally on the good side too. I was hoping for a bit more O Gundam action too even Lasse wasn’t satisfied with it. I wanted to see some Seraphim Tieria ownage but him suprising Ribbons was just as good. I bet Tieria is really the true innovator and not Ribbons.

• March 16, 2009 at 9:29 pmalvin

i think you are right, i feel Billy is just the worse ever revenge plot. and for the mass production of Trans-am, just make the whole show feel like crap. it reminds me the same lousy feeling in season 1 when everyone gets a GN-drive. a little dissapointed when the 0 Gundam does not really showed much help at all, i mean they have always showed it to have green-light wings in the sky, but now just standing at the rear platform of Ptolemaios to shot some pathetic mass-produced trans am rubbish.

• March 16, 2009 at 10:09 pmSamurai Pumpkin

Patrick is still alive. Look at the link Lilu posted earlier. ( http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/3057/002231.jpg )

• March 16, 2009 at 10:51 pmJust Guessing

To those who mention the episode title: Flower of Life

Could the Colony Ship be the Flower? Given it’s supposed significance of being humanity’s salvation?

• March 16, 2009 at 10:57 pmJLaP

During the preview Ribbons appears to be holding his head in pain while his eyes are “active.”

• March 17, 2009 at 1:28 amrendis

i wonder if hallejuah will finally come back

• March 17, 2009 at 4:18 amnapen

KILL BILLY 1 & 2.

• March 17, 2009 at 5:04 amJust Guessing

@ rendis

I do believe he will come back one more last time. The 00-Raiser has yet to go Trans-Am.

• March 17, 2009 at 5:05 amGnRyushi

I think in the end Aeolia wanted the world to have the ability to create genuine GN Drives. I’m assuming this because his plan was to eventually transform mankind into innovators. Most like they’re gonna need a lot more than the original 5 in existence. So I think with the enemy having the fake solar furnaces helps in transitioning the story from the world using harmful GN particles to a friendly version.

• March 17, 2009 at 3:47 pmKaioshin Sama

Well if anything I think that the finale of season 1 was definitely stronger at this point in the finale of season 2, but that the first half of season 2 was better than the first half of season 1.

• March 17, 2009 at 4:25 pmwrongperson

Poor A-laws getting killed without any sympathy for them from any side. I am also very disappointed that every “good” people are sided with gundams now. Seriously, this show is getting to the cliche level which only seed destiny could achieve. Everything is just getting ridiculous, and I don’t feel any attachment with *any* character in the show anymore. I had high hope for this show and now every second of the show seems torturing.

• March 17, 2009 at 11:53 pmHalfDemonInuyasha

Yeah, I agree that the whole Trans-Spam…this is basically like actually succeeding in mass producing the Strike Freedom (which, from things I’ve read anyway, WAS originally intended for mass production with the war ending before it could be done, though didn’t have all the armaments on the only one given to Kira in SEED Destiny which itself was modified).

So yeah, having something supposedly one-of-a-kind and powerful at that being used SO much does end up having it lose out on its symbolism in the show…

• March 18, 2009 at 12:13 amPeter

Kill Bill

• March 18, 2009 at 1:45 amconspiracy theorist

Setsuna will remote mind hack Veda and Ribbons and erase or disconnect him and his consciousness from Veda and delete him……….

• March 18, 2009 at 4:31 amAnonymous

No way Patrick is dead. We didn’t see the shattered remains of his mobile suit after that explosion (remember, we’re dealing with Sunrise here. If we don’t see the body, he’s still alive.)I predict Patrick and Kati are going to be the only romantic pairing to survive the series intact, because they’re just that awesome.

“Celestial Being”=Macross…Those Gaga’s are ridiculous replacements for Variable Fighters. Not even as good as Tierens from the first season. Absolutely ridiculous waste of mobile suits and clones. The design of Celestial Being isn’t that conducive to battle either; we saw Archer and Arios evading the laser beams by NOT FLYING STRAIGHT INTO THE ROCK. I’m sure if they flew behind the engine, they wouldn’t have had such a tough time.

In the end, they’ll take Celestial Being off into space on some sort of deep space colonization project, lead by Kati and Patrick, possibly joined by Setsuna, Marina, and if they survive, Louise and Saji. Or if Setsuna stays on Earth or dies, then Mr. Bushido.

• March 18, 2009 at 4:46 amSaviour

It was kinda ridiculous to have mass produced a new suit with trans-am ability only to have them go kamikaze. They might as well give them each a beam saber and let them destroy the gundams, but oh well.

• March 18, 2009 at 11:14 amZaku Fan

@conspiracy theorist

It might end up to be the reverse. Ribbons controls Setsuna using Veda. Marina sings her song and frees him.

• March 18, 2009 at 1:34 pmAnonymous

>Marina sings her song and frees him.

dear sunrise, please don’t make me kill myself.

• March 18, 2009 at 8:31 pmLeon

wow, those people with Trans-am are flying to their doom.

• March 19, 2009 at 12:23 amrota

i think alelujah will died in the next epsiode since in the priview Marie Cried

• March 19, 2009 at 11:10 pmCain

The trans-arm equipped kamikaze MS and clone army was really, really stupid. :(

• March 20, 2009 at 6:38 amJordiblau

Am I the only one who thinks it’s strange that the ptolemaios went trans-am, without a single gundam onboard?!

• March 20, 2009 at 1:26 pmZaku Fan

@Jordiblau
    It would not be at all strange. The Gundams are only used for charging the GN capacitors as referenced by Milena when she reports the charge status of the the Ptolemaios. The Ptolemaios has the capability to go into Trans Am mode as per episode 13.

It would have been strange if they could maintain Trans Am mode for as long as episode 13 did where Arios was supplying the power. However episode 23′s Trans Am was extremely short.

• April 11, 2009 at 1:11 pmFirechick

The only thing that scared me in this episode: Regene’s laugh in the beginning. The creepiest, most childish, and most over-the-top anime laugh I’ve ever heard in my life…AND IT’S STILL RINGING IN MY HEAD!!!

• « Older Comments