Sasameki Koto – 03 »« Sasameki Koto – 01

Sasameki Koto   02   25 Sasameki Koto   02   26 Sasameki Koto   02   27
Sasameki Koto   02   28 Sasameki Koto   02   29 Sasameki Koto   02   30
Sasameki Koto   02   31 Sasameki Koto   02   32 Sasameki Koto   02   33
Sasameki Koto   02   34 Sasameki Koto   02   35 Sasameki Koto   02   36

「かわいいひとたち」 (Kawaii Hitotachi)
“Pretty People”

Hmm, things are getting pretty deep here. And by that, I mean they’ve dug themselves into one complicated, relationship hole. It’s a trap!

Long story short, Ushio becomes infatuated with a female reader who is cute enough to be featured in a fashion magazine. However, this girl is actually our trap, Akemiya Masaki, who started cross-dressing in an attempt to catch Sumika’s eye after he realized she seems to prefer girls (i.e. Ushio) over guys. His younger sister had found out about his secret and sent his picture to the magazine, leading us to where we are now.

What was surprising about this episode though is how quickly they got everyone’s true feelings across. There’s no beating around the bush here. While Ushio’s still clueless about Masaki’s secret, Sumika has already admitted that she can’t help liking her even though she’s not Ushio’s type. Too tall and too cool. Not small, fragile, and “omochikaeri” cute apparently. Similarly, Masaki more or less confessed to Sumika already on two separate occasions, plus had his cover blown by her.

Coming into this series, I thought the trap figure would secretly hang out with our two female leads and be in heart-wrenching situations day in and day out as he watched his crush only take interest in the other girl. Instead, the cross-dressing secret is out in the open and Sumika doesn’t hate Masaki for it, nor does she try to deter him from liking her. Because of that, the story seems to be a matter of whether Sumika will end up changing Ushio’s image of her or if she’ll give up and settle for a straight relationship with Masaki. Seeing as this is a yuri series, I’d imagine the conclusion to be pretty clear from the onset. Luckily though, that doesn’t take away from all the awkward emotional situations we’re bound to run into with this unidirectional one-sided love triangle.

As for this particular episode, I found it a bit painful watching Ushio unknowingly crush Sumika’s hopes when she told her she wasn’t her type. It’s probably safe to say that a lot of us have been in Sumika’s shoes before. It’s one thing to conclude yourself that someone isn’t interested in you, but it’s completely different when he/she outright says so. As such, I couldn’t help but feel bad for Sumika there, even though she picked herself back up pretty quickly. For now, it looks like the stage is set. Masaki > Sumika > Ushio > Masaki’s female self — someone’s bound to be the odd person out.

Sasameki Koto   02   Preview 01 Sasameki Koto   02   Preview 02 Sasameki Koto   02   Preview 03
October 14, 2009 at 7:46 pm
  • October 14, 2009 at 7:58 pmAnonymous

Are you actually going to make categories for these?

Cause if you’re still blogging past 02, it’s going to be hard to find older posts when they’re all lumped under ‘Snapshots.’

• October 14, 2009 at 8:03 pmMeery

Masaki, you’re going about this all wrong. Go watch some Maria†Holic – winning her over is all about speaking the right threats, and flaunting whatchya got, dur.

• October 14, 2009 at 8:21 pmFumi

Awwwww Poor Sumi T.T!
    Love this Anime ~
    the thing is that I looks/feels like Sumi and Ushio won’t end up together o.O! Idk
    x.x! the ending and the op feels like that

• October 14, 2009 at 8:31 pmMearex

god i love this show. Don’t know why i just do. i just hope this show don’t come out once a moth like the manga.

• October 14, 2009 at 8:34 pmNeo_NMO

TRAP!

so… yeah…. i think he might have started it to try to get to her… but then wound up liking it along the way…

• October 14, 2009 at 8:46 pmdivine

Anonymous:
    I’m glad you brought this up.

Omni doesn’t like cluttering up the already jam-packed category list, so I haven’t made any for the shows I may not continue covering.

As for what shows I’m planning to, I gave a semi-finalized list in the comments here. Since most people didn’t seem to mind, don’t care, or are okay with letting us blog whatever we want, I’ll likely go with that.

I wanted to write at least two posts of every show, so that I have a better of what might be worth blogging about. (Based on personal interest and reader interest.) This post marks the end of the second week, so you’ll probably see less stuff in “Snapshots” starting tomorrow.

My apologies for all the clutter in this category. It’s become a bit of a mess like “Series Introduction”, which contains lots of posts that can only be found in there. It’s sort of a “post graveyard” if you will.

• October 14, 2009 at 8:54 pmPutang

oh my god… i thought this was a simple lesbo story….

why am i not watching this… I love gender bender… it teases me… no just kidding…

but ahh wow i guess i found something else to watch while waiting for Darker than black to finish

• October 14, 2009 at 8:55 pmMearex

hum i though it’s normal for blogging to take snapshots…. it’s the reason i like this site anyways. Can’t really tell how the show gos if it’s only words you know.

• October 14, 2009 at 8:56 pmbakabakashi

holy shittt..! a high schooler TRANNY…and he’s cute, ya know i read in some jap’s “maido and cosplay” site that some jap’s male prefer dressed and walkin’ around like a girl (especially at akihabara street)and some of ‘em really look like or even cuter than a real girl! (there’s a video too showed a boy dressed in maido outfit if he didn’t speak i wouldn’t know that he’s infact a boy!)

• October 14, 2009 at 9:08 pmdivine

Mearex:
    I believe Anonymous is talking about our Snapshots category. Hope that clears things up.

• October 14, 2009 at 9:47 pmelie45

……. still blogging this animne? why?!!!??

• October 14, 2009 at 9:57 pmKerfirou

don’t tell me he’s actually sleeping in those attire?

if he does, he really has taken his cross dressing act seriously.

• October 14, 2009 at 10:22 pmMegas

Anyone with half a brain could have guessed that the poor boy was that model – especially since yall was talking about some silly secret in the 1st episode comments. This really is a complete triangle, unlike those which arrows just point to person. I like it, but it is just a little predictable. But atleast they’ll have fun along the way. Ushio’s one-track mind just seems too off from “reality”. Her fickleness really doesn’t deserve anyone. Now in Masaki’s case – that’s some commitment, twisted, but still commitment.

Oh well, to steam things up some more. We actually had some cross-dressers in my HS back in the 70s. Hell, I even ate lunch with them everyday for 3 years. I was & still am a pretty liberal person. Anyone that could put up with my blabber could be my friend. That said, one of those boys annoyed me to no end because I was actually attracted to him. I just shiver at the thought that I could have ended up gay because of him. I just thank the stars that his attitude was terrible :P

• October 14, 2009 at 10:40 pmMearex

i see, so his talking about it being hard to search for? i think i know what he means then, when ever i try to search a Anime there’s a lot of other random stuff that comes up. it’s hard to find the main one. i hope you guys can put them all in a group or something.

• October 14, 2009 at 11:46 pmLillium

@ Divine

I read your comment on the other page saying you might not continue blogging about this show, and I have to “protest”.

I think it’s a great little mix up from the general shows you’re already blogging, and I think it gives itself a little bit of a better flavor ontop of all the action and blatant comedies xP

Besides, what else is there to watch on Wednesdays?

Having read this series manga, some great plot points are sure to be present in the near future, including getting to know the two girls that Sumi and Ushio saw kissing, who themselves are actually quite interesting.

There’s some more good stuff coming up in the anime, so I protest to you not blogging it in the future.

*steps off podium*

• October 15, 2009 at 1:11 amMearex

man you just spoil the story for the rest of us… haha

• October 15, 2009 at 3:05 amdivine

Lillium:
    Protest duly noted!

You’re right, there isn’t anything else on Wednesdays. The thing is, I actually plan to continue watching all the shows I stop blogging on a regular basis. The reason for cutting back is just to free up some time away from the site and to ensure that I don’t take on more than I can handle down the stretch.

However, I’m starting to think the hell with that and just blog everything I can until it actually becomes a commitment problem. If I end up biting off more than I can chew, only then do I cut back coverage on shows. Lately, I’ve gotten pretty quick at jotting down some thoughts and summarizing as needed within the same blurp, so it’s been pretty manageable so far.

That said, I really do appreciate all the supportive readers out there and your concern on what’s covered here. Sometimes I wonder why you guys even want to read the stuff I spew out. While Omni tends to go for the sophisticated, analytical, dissection of a series, I just tend to make some (bad) jokes and go off on a tangent saying whatever’s on my mind! <3

• October 15, 2009 at 4:16 amramram

Another “protest” for Sasameki. There’s not enough exposure on yuri anime out there and this is one of the better yuri series. I’m not sure exactly what they’re planning for the anime, but there will be plenty of things to talk about as more episodes appear.

• October 15, 2009 at 7:04 amMistoltean

I admit that, from the first glance, I intend to see this anime because it has megane girl.
    But after a couple of episodes, I feel that this show has things more interesting than what I was expecting, just my own opinion anyway.
    I rarely post comment even if I read constantly.
    But I will be happy if you really blog this anime in the future.

PS. I also think your opinions so far are ok.
    Even if your claim that it is not sophisticated,…..,etc, it sometimes gave me different point of views and more understanding.

• October 15, 2009 at 7:42 amE_I

Trust me, Misaki will be ignored after this. He isn’t competition at all.

• October 15, 2009 at 8:00 amChaos

The last few moments was funny. I kinda figure out who it was when they met at the bookstore. And why is he in bed in a dress again?

• October 15, 2009 at 9:12 amAnonymous

chaos: he who crossdress becomes one who dress

• October 15, 2009 at 3:36 pmithekro

…Mako-chan? Is that you?

• October 15, 2009 at 7:29 pmfoamer

Nice trap.

• October 16, 2009 at 12:31 amMearex

man, this show is noting like Aoi_Hana, Aoi hana is more boring…. i just finsh witch the entire thing and it was….. lets just say there’s no story to it. it wouldn’t be coming close to this one. where there’s actually something happening.

• October 16, 2009 at 6:40 pmStory

…yeah, I haven’t had time to watch lately, but I love the manga (it gets a lot better later on; Tomoe and Miyako are excellent characters, and they’ll probably be introduced next episode, I’d think) and I’d like this to continue being blogged, so…another “protest”.

Not that it isn’t your choice, of course, but if you’re really taking note of who wants it blogged…

• October 17, 2009 at 12:29 pmlol

i want this to continue being blogged too! its nice ^^ so another protest XDD
    yuri is always welcome ^^ nice
    i liked this ep, misaki is a nice boy XD and it was pretty funny, i liked this ep more than the first one

• October 17, 2009 at 5:46 pmdivine

I gave this series a category, so my immediate plans are to continue writing about it. Hopefully it’ll be manageable, because I agree we need some yuri representation here on RC. =)

• October 18, 2009 at 6:28 amteutates

ow thats great news :)

tnks :)

soon the humor part wil start take its part in this series that is if it will continue to follow the manga closely.

• October 20, 2009 at 10:54 pmKinsei

Good episode.
    Can’t wait the next!

• October 21, 2009 at 4:12 amSyaoran Li

Oh my Goodness… this is good, so good to be real. I like how everyone, except Ushio of course, is honest wirh their feelings. No bullshits, no half-hearted confessions… I like it!

• February 24, 2010 at 12:11 am1 vago

este anime es increible!!! … yuri y crossdressing!!!!