Arakawa Under the Bridge – 04 »« Arakawa Under the Bridge – 02

Arakawa Under the Bridge – 03

Arakawa Under the Bridge   03   01 Arakawa Under the Bridge   03   02 Arakawa Under the Bridge   03   03
Arakawa Under the Bridge   03   04 Arakawa Under the Bridge   03   05 Arakawa Under the Bridge   03   06
Arakawa Under the Bridge   03   07 Arakawa Under the Bridge   03   08 Arakawa Under the Bridge   03   09
Arakawa Under the Bridge   03   10 Arakawa Under the Bridge   03   11 Arakawa Under the Bridge   03   12
Arakawa Under the Bridge   03   13 Arakawa Under the Bridge   03   14 Arakawa Under the Bridge   03   15
Arakawa Under the Bridge   03   16 Arakawa Under the Bridge   03   17 Arakawa Under the Bridge   03   18
Arakawa Under the Bridge   03   19 Arakawa Under the Bridge   03   20 Arakawa Under the Bridge   03   21
Arakawa Under the Bridge   03   22 Arakawa Under the Bridge   03   23 Arakawa Under the Bridge   03   24
Arakawa Under the Bridge   03   25 Arakawa Under the Bridge   03   26 Arakawa Under the Bridge   03   27
Arakawa Under the Bridge   03   28 Arakawa Under the Bridge   03   29 Arakawa Under the Bridge   03   30
Arakawa Under the Bridge   03   31 Arakawa Under the Bridge   03   32 Arakawa Under the Bridge   03   33
Arakawa Under the Bridge   03   34 Arakawa Under the Bridge   03   35 Arakawa Under the Bridge   03   36
Arakawa Under the Bridge   03   37 Arakawa Under the Bridge   03   38 Arakawa Under the Bridge   03   39

「3 BRIDGE」

Comedic gold. Gag comedy is freaken awesome when you have Sugita Tomokazu as Hoshi going insane in a confession room while drilling Riku for the low-down on him and Nino. “I saw Nino leaving your place in the morning two days ago! Have you guys… gone on a date?” You know with Sister sitting there and supposedly being able to see through all lies with 100% accuracy, you’d think Hoshi would start with something farther along in their relationship given the circumstantial evidence, but nope, Hoshi’s an idiot. Watching him try to intimidate Riku with questions and Riku answering honestly with Sister’s confirmations was hilarious when lines like, “I don’t keep track of how many times she sleeps over” and “she only comes over to sleep and leaves in the morning”, brought the jealous star-head to tears as he continued cursing away. The icing on the cake had to be when Riku admitted he hasn’t done anything to Nino, prompting the homo question from Hoshi.

I really don’t think that scene would’ve been as hilarious as it was if Tomokazu wasn’t putting so much attitude behind his performance in all of Hoshi’s mood swings. The man is an absolute riot and watching this episode made me wish he was starring in some Key or Kyoto Animation series again. Having him go head-to-head with Kamiya Hiroshi was money as the two of them are the forefront seiyuus for gag-related comedies in my eyes. I mean, they even went on to talk trash about how many Valentine’s chocolates they receive every year, with Riku stepping up to show off his economic status and popularity with the ladies. Granted, he’s never actually been on a date himself because he deems relationships as a high risk/no return venture, a.k.a. the Devil’s Contract (lol), plus he goes to great lengths to return every single Valentine’s chocolate he receives so he doesn’t incur any debt, but all that made the latter half of this episode better as he tried to invite Nino out on a date. A ride in a super car, dinner with the prime minister, and a helicopter ride with fireworks looks good in his picture book, but this show isn’t about anything going according to Riku’s plans so it was funny to see them all fall through due to Nino’s Venusian mindset.

In retrospect, this is undoubtedly the funniest episode thus far in this series, thanks to Hoshi leading the way for all the laughs. There was also a nice spin on things too, as Riku settled for spending some time with Nino on the riverside instead, helping her track her reed boats to see if they make it to the ocean. That dress Nino put on at the end though was something else. With a hint of romance and the one-shot comedic skits filling up the remaining time, this episode left me wanting to see more. I’m just hoping that next week will live up to the laughs in this one.

Arakawa Under the Bridge   03   Preview 01 Arakawa Under the Bridge   03   Preview 02 Arakawa Under the Bridge   03   Preview 03

April 19, 2010 at 12:13 am
  • April 19, 2010 at 12:29 amRFayt

@_@ Divine is fast

Just done watching this myself.

Sugita is AWESOME <3 ~ That first part with Riku vs Hoshi was great
    The 2nd half wasnt as awesome, but we have the lovely Nino <3

Wonder if they are just rearranging the sequence of events… Looking forward to the Snow episode…

• April 19, 2010 at 12:30 amjinzu

Absolutely love this anime, honestly this show gets funnier with each episode

• April 19, 2010 at 12:31 amjinzu

@RFayt lol was going to say the same thing also, divine is a great blogger, quality posts that are always right on time.

• April 19, 2010 at 12:32 ammegalith

“Comedic gold. Gag comedy is freaken awesome when you have Sugita Tomokazu as Hoshi…”

Whatz? I think I’ll start watching this afterall. Had 0 interest in this show since it looked weird.

• April 19, 2010 at 12:39 amClick

Gahhhh I really gotta pick this up when I have the time T_T. looks way toooo funny to miss

• April 19, 2010 at 12:46 amduh

It’s awesome to see Sugita Tomokazu doing more comedy roles. After 4 years of Gintama, a great shame that it ended I might add, he has comedic timing nailed.

• April 20, 2010 at 9:16 pmshirokiryuu

I doubt Gintama really ended, I think they’re probably just waiting for more source material. I mean, they say they end every season too!

I love both Sugita Tomokazu and Kamiya Hiroshi,

• April 19, 2010 at 2:13 amSirMuffin

Hey, just wanted to ask… What’s your view on this Aniblog Tourney thing?

• April 19, 2010 at 7:46 amButtercup

I was wondering this too. I don’t want to create more controversy over this subject (and perhaps that’s why there’s been no post? o_O) but I’d really like to hear what RC has to say about it ^^

• April 19, 2010 at 11:51 amdivine

Funny you guys mention this, as I only caught wind of it two days ago. Much like the anime blog awards before it which have gone into Internet oblivion, my opinion of it is the same as Omni’s — I don’t pay attention to these things nor particularly care about them one way or the other.

The number of voters pale in comparison to the actual number of readers out there, so other than being something fun for the person who runs it, these online awards/tournaments aren’t a good representation of actual site popularity and readership.

In fact, I was thinking about asking to have RC pulled from that anime blog tournament.

• April 19, 2010 at 11:13 pmSkribulous

Good call. A request to withdraw from the tourney might send the wrong message, though, so it’s best to ignore them.

I suspect they’re the same people behind that “Otaku Elimination Game” stunt months ago.

• April 19, 2010 at 1:22 pmSirMuffin

I see… Fair enough, but hey, either way it can only be a positive thing (right?) since it helps publicises this blog as well (not that you need it , frankly)… Anyway, thanks for your time.

• April 19, 2010 at 2:52 amYume

I was reluctant to pick this up, because lately I’ve been having bad luck with comedy anime and them actually being funny. You make this one sound good though, so I’ll give it a try :D.

• April 19, 2010 at 3:49 amLil’ Lilly

That dress is gorgeous! And of course, Nino is lovely. Ahh, Sugita ftw!!

• April 19, 2010 at 6:38 aminnerchihiro

YAY NINO!! Can’t wait to watch!!!

• April 19, 2010 at 7:19 amstarss

–the heck?!

• April 19, 2010 at 8:57 amPw3age

This is quickly becoming my most favorite show of the season, though the previews still scare me.

• April 19, 2010 at 3:19 pmrasone0104

I’m going
    Insane by just watching this…..

• April 19, 2010 at 9:13 pmsynkronized

I love this series so far. Absurd the majority of the time, often funny as hell and in the end it’s got some cute moments that really bring it down to Earth. Arakawa’s got all the right ingredients for being purely enjoyable.

• April 19, 2010 at 9:22 pmdimsumftw

Sugita is freaking awesome. He sounded just like Gintoki in this episode.

• April 19, 2010 at 10:25 pmTiggerz

Having Gin-chan [Tomokazu Sugita] and Takasugi [Takehito Koyashi] in the confessional with Kamiya Hiroshi was hilarious. Created such a weird [awesome] mental picture of Gintama + SZS/Durarara. Given that you know Sugita, i’d be surprised if you haven’t seen Gintama already, another helping of comedic gold…

• April 19, 2010 at 11:49 pmMrRei

I keep on imagining Tieria Erde and Luna Maria Hawke >_>

That Nino in beautiful dress shot would make a good wallpaper.. (Beautiful girl in a beautiful dress)

• April 19, 2010 at 11:50 pmbrianwuzhere

“Then, you’re really . . . a fag?”
    omg best line in the whole episode

• April 20, 2010 at 1:39 amamado

just watched it and it never fails to surprise me everytime.
    my vote goes to the mayor for pulling “the best magic act ever seen” lol.

• April 20, 2010 at 4:14 amahelo

nino is awesome.

• April 20, 2010 at 4:52 amDorienn

Probably the best show of the season. I knew that it was weird, but since it’s the guys from Zetsubou sensei (I absolutely loved the first season), I didn’t hesitate to pick this one up. Of course, it’s not a show for everyone, but boy, I think this show’s absolutely magnificent! The cast’s perfect, the humour’s great and the chemistry between Ric and Nino is… special (in a odd but interesting way).

As for this episode, I thought Sugita Tomokazu really nailed it. His sarcastic remarks and humouros timing is always a joy to see.

:D

• April 20, 2010 at 9:07 amEcchiban

Haha! most funniest episode yet!
    Is that a real koi he’s holding in the preview? poor fish:(
    http://randomc.net/image/Arakawa%20Under%20the%20Bridge/Arakawa%20Under%20the%20Bridge%20-%2003%20-%20Large%2013.jpg haha!!!

• April 24, 2010 at 5:45 pmItachizame

that koi was pretty big wasnt it.

• April 20, 2010 at 9:09 amEcchiban

By the way, Sister’s joke at the end cracked me up!

• June 12, 2010 at 12:21 pmkrispykris

ok so why is it that all the good anime i find is never enough?

why would they only make 13 episodes, and then quit forever?
    anyone have any info?

outta ideas? i wanna see ric and nino hook-up. imagine how akward and hilarious the could make that!

arawakas got some potential, id love to see it thrive.

• September 25, 2010 at 2:16 pmdj pa

I learn a lot of blogs recently and yours is a single from the best. I enjoy reading your posts – clear and well written. Your page goes straight to my bookmarks. I acquired some good inspirational thoughts after studying it.

• November 5, 2010 at 5:08 pmmaximuscle cyclone

I read this on the internet….am scared now to use supplements. Millions of Americans take pills, powders and drinks to enhance body tone, lose weight, sculpt themselves and perform better at sports. But they may be doing themselves more harm than good, especially the male teenagers most likely to take the sports supplements that are so easily available in stores or over the Internet. See a list of the supplements, their dangers and brand names here

• January 8, 2011 at 10:54 amCarey Villalvazo

How did you make this blog web site appear this cool! Email me in case you want and share your wisdom. I’d be thankful.