Sarai-ya Goyou – 08 »« Sarai-ya Goyou – 06

Sarai ya Goyou   07   22 Sarai ya Goyou   07   23 Sarai ya Goyou   07   24
Sarai ya Goyou   07   25 Sarai ya Goyou   07   26 Sarai ya Goyou   07   27
Sarai ya Goyou   07   28 Sarai ya Goyou   07   29 Sarai ya Goyou   07   30
Sarai ya Goyou   07   31 Sarai ya Goyou   07   32 Sarai ya Goyou   07   33
Sarai ya Goyou   07   34 Sarai ya Goyou   07   35 Sarai ya Goyou   07   36
Sarai ya Goyou   07   37 Sarai ya Goyou   07   38 Sarai ya Goyou   07   39

「野暮でござった」 (Yabo de Gozatta)
“That Was Thoughtless of Me”

I can’t say I’m too surprised that Yaichi has a past with another gang, but I am curious as to whether or not this Bakuro group lead by Kuhei has any relation to the guys that kidnapped Seinoshin and faked his death. I gather we’ll find out sooner or later if he ended up joining the men who were originally paid to kill him, as the Elder has hinted that the remnants of the Bakuro gang will probably come looking for Yaichi. Of course, that’s assuming my suspicion on how the current Yaichi is really Seinoshin proves to be correct. For now, I have every reason to believe so, particularly with how Yagi went to visit a friend’s grave for another Yaichi who passed away falling down a well. As mentioned before, Seinoshin’s trusted servant who presumably followed his mother’s orders to have him killed was named Yaichi. In the very first flashback that this series opened with, we also saw Yagi along with them, which would explain the whole friend aspect. The part I’m wondering about now is if Yaichi killed himself out of guilt for selling out Seinoshin once his bloody kimono and katana were brought back as proof of his death. In any case, it’s nice to see more of the current Yaichi’s backstory come to light, albeit most of it was from me piecing together what’s been shown so far.

As of late, I’ve been so concerned about Yaichi’s past that I wasn’t anticipating one about Masa to come up. After all the talk about how he doesn’t want to return home, it turns out it’s related to his timid nature and how everyone around, including his younger brother, is disappointed in him. While it was easy to see why Masa didn’t want to return home and continues to run away from problems instead of dealing with them, I was a bit surprised to see how traumatizing it is for him. Whether or not we’ll see Masa overcome his timid personality and face things head-on remains to be seen, but for now the story seems to be shifting focus to Matsu and another person he feels indebted to in addition to Yaichi. The preview suggests that Matsu will be helping him with whatever problem he’s currently having, so it appears Yaichi and Masa’s situations will be put on hold for a bit. With the change of focus, I get the feeling that the conclusion of this anime adaptation will center around either Yaichi’s past, Masa’s past, or a combination of both. There hasn’t been much about Otake yet, so it’s possible her backstory may come up soon too.

Sarai ya Goyou   07   Preview 01 Sarai ya Goyou   07   Preview 02 Sarai ya Goyou   07   Preview 03

May 27, 2010 at 5:29 pm
  • May 28, 2010 at 1:17 amAnonymooo

I can’t be the only other person watching this with Divine.

SIMULCAST HOOOOOOO

• May 28, 2010 at 2:07 amLil’ Lilly

Running away instead to dealing with it, huh? Somehow I pity Masa for being pressured with his past. He needs to change his way, rather than telling people (and himself) “… because of this personality of mine…”

• May 28, 2010 at 3:45 amfathomlessblue

Is anyone actually subbing this show? I’ve been interested in watching it after hearing alot of favorable things from the few people watching but I can’t seem to find anything past the first four episodes.

• May 28, 2010 at 4:20 amTomer

Really loving this show. I think its interesting how they can create such a tense atmosphere in an anime as slow paced as this.

@fathomlessblue if you look at tokyotosho you can find all the episodes subbed (including this one). I don’t think there’s been one group consistently though.

• May 28, 2010 at 9:39 amfathomlessblue

@Tomer, Karmafan and Batou

Thanks for the links, much appreciated!!!

• May 28, 2010 at 5:12 amKarmafan

Go to http://www.tokyotosho.info/ and you will find all the episodes of just about any current anime you want to see.

• May 28, 2010 at 6:00 amAcylia

I love this show :D

• May 28, 2010 at 6:54 amBatou

This show is now on hulu, it is uploaded 8hrs after the japan air time.

• May 28, 2010 at 9:09 amgnomtastic

this show is geting gay it was cool at start but nothing happens ever cmon get goku there and let him blow everything up and then fight flying raptor jesus then it would be a watchable show

• May 29, 2010 at 4:31 amTomer

@gnomtastic

Sometimes the slow paced shows are the best. They can bring a level of realism that just isn’t usually possible with the more action based up-beat series’.

Thats what I think anyway.

• May 30, 2010 at 11:03 amAnonymous3465

@divine
    I actually thought that Yaichi Show Spoiler ▼

I mean I could be wrong but the resemblence is there ^.^

great work with the blog by the way ^.^

• June 1, 2010 at 9:27 amBlaque

I’m liking this show, gotta say. The character designs are weird, but I like the pacing and mood it has. And it has a nice water cooler effect of folks talking about it when I have wathced it and then talk with friends at least. I think Manglobe is 4-1 on this in my opinion:)

• June 3, 2010 at 7:08 ammo|ly

the character design and the story-telling both catch me. i wish i read japanese better to read the manga, too. thank you for the heads up on this serial!