Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi – 03 »« Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi – 01

Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi – 02

OP Sequence

Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi   OP   01 Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi   OP   02 Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi   OP   03
Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi   OP   04 Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi   OP   05 Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi   OP   06

OP: 「Once」 by 原田ひとみ (Harada Hitomi)
Watch the OP!: Streaming ▼

Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi   02   01 Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi   02   02 Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi   02   03
Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi   02   04 Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi   02   05 Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi   02   06
Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi   02   07 Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi   02   08 Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi   02   09
Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi   02   10 Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi   02   11 Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi   02   12
Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi   02   13 Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi   02   14 Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi   02   15
Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi   02   16 Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi   02   17 Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi   02   18
Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi   02   19 Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi   02   20 Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi   02   21
Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi   02   22 Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi   02   23 Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi   02   24
Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi   02   25 Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi   02   26 Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi   02   27
Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi   02   28 Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi   02   29 Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi   02   30

「900秒の放課後〈後篇〉」 (900-Byou no Houkago (Kouhen))
“900 Seconds After School (Part Two)”

I don’t know if it was because Nakamura Yuuichi was his seiyuu or his sudden change from being a complete dick to a charismatic team leader, but Gekkou started to grow on me really quickly throughout the episode. I mean, he originally came off as the guy whose ego is large enough for two people to share. But as he started to drop the insults, even at times giving out compliments, it really puts a different spin on what kind of person he really is.

Not only does it soften it up when he’s dishing out those insults but it makes Gekkou feel like a good guy even though he doesn’t come off as one. If you’ve read the Season Preview, it should be pretty clear that Gekkou has more than enough reason to avoid getting close to others. I don’t know what the psychological effects of going through “that” would be, but it does add a pretty interesting twist to the story. Personally, I don’t know if I’d be able to restrain myself long enough to just sit and chat with someone like Hinata. I wished that someone had went up and smashed those fake monocles of his.

For Taito, I still love the way he speaks and narrates things. He’s so nonchalant while dealing with all these crazy things going on around him. Beside getting straight up killed multiple times, there’s being decapitated, blown up, disintegrated, and using chopped off body parts as weapons. The thing is I feel pretty bad that I find it funny he gets used as a human ragdoll. Case in point, it was just too great when he used his severed arm to smack Gekkou and then held it next to his shoulder to re-attach it. But when push comes to shove, he still has the backbone of a shounen hero. Just by the way he doesn’t take crap from Gekkou and rushed into saving Himea at the cost of his own life — sounds like a good hero to me!

So where does that leave us? There’s a crazy villain who happens to be the younger brother of one of our protagonists, Himea is apparently a ridiculously strong vampire who is now going to school with Taito and also doubles as a new rival for Haruka, and Taito has to deal with all of it since he’s in the middle of it. I didn’t know what to expect from this show, but it’s turning out to be really enjoyable.

ED Sequence

Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi   ED   01 Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi   ED   02 Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi   ED   03

ED: 「空蝉」 (Utsusemi) by 志方あきこ (Shikata Akiko)
Watch the ED!: Streaming ▼

Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi   02   Preview 01 Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi   02   Preview 02 Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi   02   Preview 03
July 17, 2011 at 3:07 pm
  • July 17, 2011 at 3:20 pmIronicTales

I smell a hint of jealousy in the air for Haruka
    Still Himea will win everytime <3

• July 17, 2011 at 3:30 pmTSouL

This show still seems a little unique this season, but I REALLY hope it doesn’t turn into a HS romantic comedy flick with Himea transfering in.

• July 17, 2011 at 3:45 pmreminbee

Yuichi Nakamura and Jun Fukuyama really saved the show for me. My feelings for Taito are lukewarm, at best, and I seriously dislike Himea and Mirai as characters. I think the plot has a lot of potential to be interesting, but some aspects of the adaptation are driving it down for me.

• July 17, 2011 at 3:49 pmNights

Really like the character designs in this show generic but with its own little twist to it. I dont think I’ve ever seen other character designs with that same coloring style for their hair.

PS: heh its pikachu

• July 17, 2011 at 4:44 pmWrenleos

I like the way Himea’s hair is constantly sparkling, it reminds me of Erio :3. I’m not loving her lovey-dovey attitude though and the way she clings to Taito was starting to get pretty annoying.

• July 20, 2011 at 8:02 pmMisa

why? himea hasnt seen taito for 9 or so years, and they had just gotten back together :P she is bound to be ust a little bit clingy–i think hauka is being a little possesive…like she acts like taito and her were going out when they wern’t and he even trys at the start to say ‘you know we are just friends, right?’ ya’get me? <3 this isnt meant to offend you or anything :P im just sharing my opinion and wondering why you dont like Himea behaviour.

• July 17, 2011 at 4:48 pmSheapy

:< Hope Haruka isn't pushed to the side for this

• July 17, 2011 at 4:58 pmAlec

I’ve no idea how to describe this episode -_- somewhat unique, random, and out of place? or those 3 combined?

also whats with the supposed-to-be climatic end that looks so anti-climatic?

• July 17, 2011 at 4:59 pmAlec

Oh, and I really love the chemistry between the main protagonist & Haruka

• July 17, 2011 at 5:41 pmDivine

Takaii didn’t mention it, but it’s worth noting that the singer of the opening theme, Harada Hitomi, also voices Himeji in Bakatest. Quite a contrast between her normal/singing voice and the one she uses in that role.

• July 17, 2011 at 5:48 pmhaseo0408

Okay, everything is going according to plan, now all Himea has to is kill Haruka and it well be a happily ever after. I don´t kanow why but i can´t stand Haruka, Himea is a millon times better than her in all and every aspect.

• July 17, 2011 at 5:51 pmhaseo0408

Himea is the most powerful magical being on existence so is kind like Index in To Aru Majutsu no Index, but at least she can take cre of hersel to a certain degree. It shoul be interesting to see wich way the story is heading.

• July 17, 2011 at 7:42 pmxcswmboy

The anime is pretty inconsistent about Himea’s powers. One moment she disintegrates a giant monster thing, the next she is completely incapacitated by just grabbing her “supposedly immortal” throat. Also, she was quite useless during the whole spider fight. Like why couldn’t she disintegrate the spider like she did to the demon before to kick Hinata off his stupid throne.

• July 17, 2011 at 7:43 pmxcswmboy

Gekkou has enough ego to fill the world and then some.

I really enjoy the character interactions more than the nonsensical fights.

• July 17, 2011 at 10:02 pmThe M0on DOgg

I find it hard to understand the premise of this show.

• July 17, 2011 at 11:39 pmlkaze

hmm, some how this series doesn’t make any good impression on me. In fact it doesn’t make any impression at all. Anyone know whether it will turn out any good?

• July 18, 2011 at 12:05 amDivine

Yes, because we were all born with the ability to look into the future except you. :)

Sorry, couldn’t resist. The short answer is no, we don’t know and there’s no way we’ll know how this adaptation will turn out. All I can tell you is that the early parts of the manga showed promise.

• July 18, 2011 at 3:23 amx

I didn’t like the manga much after the first few chapters. The anime does not impress me much either. I’ve dropped both, but will probably pick both up again if I see a good review or when this season ends.

• July 18, 2011 at 5:55 amlkaze

Then a more simple question “What are the chances you will blog this anime till the very end?”

Btw no offense taken, don’t worry. :)

• July 18, 2011 at 9:42 amDivine

@Ikaze: I definitely plan to keep watching this until the end, and unless Takaii ends up absolutely hating it at some point (unlikely), there’s a good chance he’ll cover it until the end.

• July 18, 2011 at 5:27 amOwaranai

All in all, I suspect that it’s the atmosphere that this show gives off that makes people feel a little uncomfortable. “Unique” is probably the best way to describe that feeling, and some consider it undesirable or ‘crap’. Just sayin’.

On the whole, I still find it promising enough to keep on watching. Fantasy always has its fair share of doubters and I rather find the nicer parts to enjoy instead of focusing on the negative. Fukuyama Jun and Nakamura Yuuichi are a plus here for me, plus Taito’s attitude (which Takaii has already talked about) also keeps the show going. Understandably, some people are wary of how ‘clingy’ Himea seems, but I suppose having her wanting to be so close to Taito is part of her charm.

• July 18, 2011 at 10:04 amecho

Holy! did i see Tsukiko Amano involved in the ED song!? great to see her combined with Skikata Akiko, love them both :)

• July 18, 2011 at 11:21 amMad_Dog

You may have enjoyed the 2nd episode but what ever hook there was from the 1st episode got sucked right out the window with this episode. sorry to say but I’m dropping it. I will keep up with the blogs just to see how the story goes.

• July 19, 2011 at 1:47 amFlamingYu

Final Boss?? no spoiler.
    hmm, watching it for, alt. dimension Pikachu and Ash team.
    and Himea, weird scary hair colors.

• July 19, 2011 at 9:09 amDjisas

Im also unimpressed with everything about this, the generic character design, the average animation, unimpressive music, etc…
    It gives me an 11 eyes atmosphere which was another unimpressive show…
    I think im dropping it here, actually i just looked into it to check the Shikata Akiko ending song…

• July 20, 2011 at 7:57 pmMisa

I really like Himea and Taito- i already know hauka lis kinda gonna make things complex for the main characters. i love Himea and taito together tho.

• July 20, 2011 at 10:21 pmmike

First episode was ok but second episode is so and so cause they miss alot of the scene from the manga, it just doesn’t seem as smooth as it should with the storyline. The manga is a bit more detail, like the final scene of this episode with hime just pop up instead of building up teh suspense.

• July 23, 2011 at 11:01 pmShinn_Kamiyra

Having read both the manga and the light novel well past this point in the story, this episode comes off as mediocre for me. I was concerned from the moment I read that the whole of Volume 1 would be condensed into two episodes, and it doesn’t look as thought I was mistaken.

Many details were cut out, including Gekkou and Mirai’s backstory, a crucial element to understanding why Gekkou was fighting against his only brother.

As a whole, this episode felt quite a bit forced and fast paced, making it very difficult for me to connect emotionally with the characters. I really want to like this anime as I’m a loyal fan of the manga and light novel, but I just can’t. This is a disappointing adaptation so far, and it doesn’t appear as though it’s going to get any better.