Shakugan no Shana III (Final) – 12 »« Shakugan no Shana III (Final) – 10

Shakugan no Shana III (Final) – 11

Shakugan no Shana III Final   11   01 Shakugan no Shana III Final   11   02 Shakugan no Shana III Final   11   03
Shakugan no Shana III Final   11   04 Shakugan no Shana III Final   11   05 Shakugan no Shana III Final   11   06
Shakugan no Shana III Final   11   07 Shakugan no Shana III Final   11   08 Shakugan no Shana III Final   11   09
Shakugan no Shana III Final   11   10 Shakugan no Shana III Final   11   11 Shakugan no Shana III Final   11   12
Shakugan no Shana III Final   11   13 Shakugan no Shana III Final   11   14 Shakugan no Shana III Final   11   15
Shakugan no Shana III Final   11   16 Shakugan no Shana III Final   11   17 Shakugan no Shana III Final   11   18
Shakugan no Shana III Final   11   19 Shakugan no Shana III Final   11   20 Shakugan no Shana III Final   11   21
Shakugan no Shana III Final   11   22 Shakugan no Shana III Final   11   23 Shakugan no Shana III Final   11   24
Shakugan no Shana III Final   11   25 Shakugan no Shana III Final   11   26 Shakugan no Shana III Final   11   27
Shakugan no Shana III Final   11   28 Shakugan no Shana III Final   11   29 Shakugan no Shana III Final   11   30

「聞こえる、想い」 (Kikoeru, Omoi)
“Affections Reach”

After episodes full of action and big battles, I was pleasantly surprised when the story decided to bring Margery back into the fray. In all honesty, I was afraid that all the momentum that’s been building up was going to be destroyed the moment I saw Keisaku is last week’s preview. That being said, I couldn’t have been more wrong.

Ever since his introduction, Keisaku has left an unfavorable impression on me. Labeled as a troublemaker, it didn’t help his image when he became Margery’s henchman. As things progressed and his unreciprocated feelings for Margery became fairly obvious, I wasn’t sure how this week’s episode would make use of him. Amazingly, not only did Keisaku instantly become one of my new favorite characters after showing a little backbone, his actions marked the cornerstone of a new and improved Margery Daw.

In a show where the main characters still haven’t managed to express their feelings for each other after two whole seasons, I was amazed that Keisaku would be the one to beat everyone to the chase. In one of the most unlikely pairings (in my eyes), I found myself absolutely loving every second of it. From Margery revealing why she made Keisaku wait so long to the two finally showing some intimacy with each other, it was so cute and honest that I wish it had happened sooner!

After such a touching scene, I was a little taken back with how easily things shifted back to the fray. In true Gurren Lagann fashion, it’s clear why Sophie is the Supreme Commander of the Flame Haze army. Her scary combination of wits, skill, and finesse left me speechless after watching her unleash her fury on Decarabia.

As I’ve said week after week, the third season of Shana has just been superb. With things moving along at a smooth pace, I can’t wait to see what J.C. Staff has in store for us in the upcoming weeks.

Shakugan no Shana III Final   11   Preview 01 Shakugan no Shana III Final   11   Preview 02 Shakugan no Shana III Final   11   Preview 03
December 21, 2011 at 1:57 am
  • December 21, 2011 at 2:06 amSnooSnoo

Everyone is getting laid this week.

• December 21, 2011 at 5:21 amGhostalker

• December 21, 2011 at 8:13 pmSerapita

Regarding Mashiro-Iro Symphony. Show Spoiler ▼

• December 22, 2011 at 4:18 amGP007

Well she still is, but since it’s based on a eroge it could go with any girl. It’s just that most times the anime studio just picks the default first girl and that’s it.

• December 21, 2011 at 4:04 pmAizen

everyone except Shuu

• December 21, 2011 at 6:32 pmJason Isenberg

I see what you did there

• December 22, 2011 at 4:19 amGP007

He shouldn’t, not after that last ep of stupidty, crappy main character is crappy.

• December 23, 2011 at 1:31 amKazuma

Well Shu may not have gotten laid, but he did get screwed!

• December 21, 2011 at 2:09 amsuff

Seriously, Keisaku is under 18, right? There is no way this shit is legal :O

• December 21, 2011 at 2:34 amEliteF22

I think he’s supposed to be 16. Margery’s like 2000? It’s so wrong.

• December 21, 2011 at 2:57 amsuff

Margery is about a few hundreds years old, giving the setting of which she first became a Flame Haze. Her physical body is like 20-30, though!

But I guess the same can be said about Shana. She has been around for probably a couple of hundreds of years, too.

• December 21, 2011 at 7:16 amKinny Riddle

Shana is a mere infant by Flame Haze standards. It’s only been less than 4-5 years since she started her contract with Alastor and stopped growing when she was 12-13. She’s probably the same age as Yuuji now (16-17).

• December 21, 2011 at 1:22 pmokgo

Mann I was going to pick up this season, but something about this pairing just doesn’t sit with me. I guess I still have a huge bias of him being an annoying minor character in season 1 =\

• December 22, 2011 at 4:37 amSeishun Otoko

Margery can bed me anytime. It’s cougar town guys :)

• December 21, 2011 at 3:44 amSkins Thunderbomb

In Japan, the age of consent is 14. I don’t think that’d be illegal somehow.

• December 21, 2011 at 5:31 amMrRei

A little correction there.. it’s 13. A year younger that what you’ve been informed.

• December 21, 2011 at 5:49 amSkins Thunderbomb

Ah right, my bad. :P Thanks for confirming that. ^^

• December 21, 2011 at 4:01 amScruffy

It’s 16 in New Zealand. Seriously you need to move to a country where you can get laid.

• December 21, 2011 at 6:27 amduqs

This reminds me of that question/argument that goes: “Will you do it with a 500year old loli vampire (saaay rachel from blazblue) or a hot 16 year old chick who happens to only be 3 years old biologically?” lol

Yeah really awesome to see that some men are taking some initiative and really it fits keisaku’s character as opposed to yuuji’s (so oblivious it took him lol number of eps to realize it)

• December 21, 2011 at 10:39 amShin

Idk about 3 years biologically but a lot of anime characters act like they are 6 years old mentally.

• December 23, 2011 at 1:22 amamado

by any chance, are talking about evangeline and chachamaru?

• December 21, 2011 at 8:49 pmhaseo0408

In my country, Venezuela, the legal age for consent is 18 for men and 16 for women, our laws says women mature more quickly than men.

• December 21, 2011 at 2:40 amIzanagi

Enjoyed the Super Inazuma Kick!

• December 21, 2011 at 3:01 amAizen

Mana Transfer! HAHA!

• December 21, 2011 at 8:56 am0927123

Oh you mean this? lol

• December 21, 2011 at 4:01 amDdadain

When did Shana get the “Judgment Eye” thingy…

And if they’re 3rd year high school students… then they’d be 17/18 already…

As for the old ladys “I-SEE-YOU-HEAVEN-PARTING-KICK”, I literally LOLed. It was a WTF moment ;0

Sad to see that the bad guys are dropping left and right, first with the Magenta-dude… then the fish-Decarabia-dude… :( If the Blade Breaker ends up eating the dust… I’d be all the more sad. The good guys should lose “strong people” as well, me thinks..

• December 21, 2011 at 6:58 amvirox

She got it just last week, the judgement eye

• December 21, 2011 at 1:33 pmokgo

hmm since Margery and Keisaku just stepped forward in their relationship, it could be that one of them will die but who knows..

• December 21, 2011 at 4:24 amzuuuul

Oh no, my newly found favorite character Decarabia already hit the dust :-(
    Now I really don’t like Sophie Sawallisch.

Don’t they dare to kill off Sabrac – he is also one of my favs.

• December 21, 2011 at 4:58 amewok40k

Well, it seems Bal Masque – i can’t label them as mere bad guys anymore – has been thoroughly mauled lately… maybe newly arrived reinforcements will make the difference.
    Gratz Keisaku! Good job!
    lol @ Marchosias “not wanting to peek” and everybody else just “moving out of the way”…
    Shana is thoroughly epic now… can’t wait for the final duel with Yuji obviously is setting up…
    Sophie is so kickass granma that she can kick ass of ane eel that technically doesn’t have one…

• December 21, 2011 at 6:50 amSingerOfW

Sad to see Decarabia go (and it seems like Sabrac will follow him next episode), I’m liking the Tomogara much more than the Flame Hazes so far. At least it seems that the tide of battle has shifted to the Tomogara’s side, as they still have four powerful generals who have yet to come to Seirei-Den in addition to Stolas and the two-headed guy, while Sophie and that American-looking old man are the only heavy hitters of the Flame Hazes. Oh, right, and Margery, too.

• December 21, 2011 at 7:12 amKinny Riddle

What American-looking old man? If you’re talking about Sophie’s deputy commander Samuel Demantius, the guy in the military uniform, he’s actually Czech, or at least hails from around that region, as his nickname “Sirotci” means “The Orphan” in Czech.

• December 21, 2011 at 8:55 amSingerOfW

Nah, I mean the tanned man in a poncho.
        By the way, I thought that Sophie called the military guy “Sirotci” because she herself is Czech (her name sounds more like that, too).

• December 21, 2011 at 10:33 amewok40k

the name stems form XV century Hussite comander Jan Zizka and his regiment who after beloved commander’s death took the name of “Orphans”…

• December 21, 2011 at 5:30 pmKinny Riddle

Ah, you mean that Four Gods of Earth guy. As part of a quartet of powerful but elusively hermit Flame Haze, he’s only here as an “observer” and remaining neutral until he assesses that Snake’s actions really do need intervening. As a result, Sophie only considers enlisting his help as a last resort.

• December 22, 2011 at 3:26 pmjiji

I have the feeling that the Snake of the festival gonna kick serious ass soon to make this even.

• December 21, 2011 at 6:59 amvirox

Ohohohoo, Takaii, I believe changing the world for your loved one is a pretty impressive expression of your feelings.

• December 21, 2011 at 7:01 amKinny Riddle

I nearly sprayed my tea on my screen when it showed the “morning after” scene of Satou and Margery waking up from whatever it was they did the night before. (nudge, nudge, wink, wink, say no more)

Sophie shows why she is a badass on par with her lieutenant Demantius (the army uniform guy). Katsuki Masako seems to have a knack of voicing badass old “hags”, most notably as Tsunade from Naruto.

Let us have a moment’s silence for Decarabia, sacrificing himself in order to buy time for reinforcements to arrive. The novel goes into more detail of his tactical brilliance, though time seems to be running short for the anime adaptation to show it in its entirety.

• December 21, 2011 at 11:56 amRickyMack

“I knew the novel said they kissed and spent the night together, but I must have been too naive to think Satou wouldn’t go that extra step. lol”

haha yeah, spending the night together usually implies that activity that we all know and love yet must not be named! =D

• December 22, 2011 at 2:06 amhoh

hehe, I don’t understand why that is such a taboo. The scene does look wired though. It meant to look mature, like to grown ups doing what they are supposed to be doing; yet it felt like you just added sex content for a primary school production of Snow White.

• December 21, 2011 at 9:02 pmhaseo0408

Sophie´s power is at the same level of Kamsin, which something really unusual considering Sophie is around a mellenium old and Kamsin is 10 milleniuns old. No wonder everyone around her respect or fear her her.

• December 21, 2011 at 8:35 amc2710

margery gets more likable as the entire show progresses from season 1 till now….

• December 21, 2011 at 8:40 amEclipse

I’m a little unclear on the spell that Margery placed on Satou that made him glow like that. She said something about giving him temporary power? Novel-readers is this something that will make him useful in the battle, or just an amp to boost his stamina while they were in the sack? ;P

• December 21, 2011 at 10:45 amShin

No idea I assumed it was because he was spending the night with a werebear and needed some crosses garlic or magical enchantments.

• December 21, 2011 at 8:56 pmhaseo0408

Useful in battle? As far as I know the spell is explined in the novels to upgrade his streangh to that of a rookie and very weak Flame Hazes. It´s enough to keep him from being devour by weak tomogaras but a King of Guze could kill him with just a finger.

• December 22, 2011 at 2:26 pmSuppa Tenko

The power is there so Margery doesn’t accidentally kill Keisaku while they are having rough sex. Do you remember the Man with the Claw from GunXSword? Every time he hugs someone, he accidentally kills them because his hands are claws. Well imagine the spell make the person invulnerable to claws so they don’t get killed when being hugged.

• December 21, 2011 at 9:06 amWhee

Yup, keisaku sure changed…
    sabrac back in action next week :)

• December 21, 2011 at 10:59 amShin

This episode was great. I do wonder what Shana and her group plan to do when they find Yuuji. It seems like he is the only guy with a plan, which is why even the orgol guy is helping him out. Looking at people like sophie who are content to unleash their barbarian powers on the other side definitely has me agreeing with yuuji that somethings gotta change.

• December 21, 2011 at 11:23 amLuxor

• December 21, 2011 at 12:47 pm0927123

RIDER KICK to oblivion!

• December 21, 2011 at 1:34 pmzuuuul

:’(

• December 21, 2011 at 1:40 pmCarVac

I liked Decarabia. I was amused when I realized that THAT was why he never showed up to meetings in person; he was larger than the meeting hall itself!

• December 21, 2011 at 2:36 pmZeroBreaker

Yea, me too! I thought at most, he was twice the size of an adult person. Not something like a leviathan.

• December 21, 2011 at 2:56 pmPtolemaios00

IMA CHARGING MY LAZEEEEEER!!

INAZUMA KICK!!!

• December 21, 2011 at 3:01 pmrochichan

Such an awkward couple to me… o____o” But episode was good~

• December 21, 2011 at 4:04 pmK

Now that the one thing I was still watching shakugan no shana for happened I’m droping it, I mean even if Yuji finally became a man, Shana still just a overpowered loud bitch, if Keysaku and Marjory where the main chars this would be a awesome show, right now it’s just an standard one with an excuse of a main char.

• December 21, 2011 at 4:35 pm0927123

What? Google translate?

• December 21, 2011 at 4:50 pmDark_Pride

> Shana still just a overpowered loud bitch

You didn’t watched the show, right?

• December 21, 2011 at 5:15 pmricz

overpower? I see…that’s why she lost to yuuji >.>

• December 21, 2011 at 5:13 pmricz

Sayonara…I think of you as a beautiful flame haze …even it’s just for a short moment…

• December 21, 2011 at 5:33 pmKinny Riddle

Agreed, I think she’s like the second cute Flame Haze to be KIA this season since the war began. (Oh, and include that hawt Chinese Flame Haze that got pwned by Sydonay in Shanghai earlier)

• December 21, 2011 at 6:44 pm0927123

I teared up inside. :’(

• December 21, 2011 at 8:45 pmhaseo0408

Her name was Yu Xuan and she was one of the most powerful oldest of the Flame Hazes, she was in carge of the protection of the headquarters of Outlaw in China. Syadonai kill her thanks to her being overconfident; if she were to be serious from the start Syadonai might been killed in the battle, at least that´s how it was explained in the novels.

• December 22, 2011 at 5:45 amKinny Riddle

Yu Xuan’s been around since time immemorial. In fact, her Crimson Lord Di Hung is just another name for the Yellow Emperor, the mythological founder of Chinese civilization.

It’s apparent Yu Xuan is acquainted with Sydonay as she referred to him as “Chi You” the mythological demon supposedly vanquished by the Yellow Emperor. It’s a pity such a millenia old grudge was finished off in mere minutes.

This leads to a minor gripe I have with author Takahashi: He’s made Sydonay too ridiculously powerful (almost Aizen-like) that so far Margery is the only Flame Haze to have managed to survive more than one skirmish with him. Let’s hope Margery’s recovery will set up an ultimate showdown with him.

(Shana would probably pwn him (albeit with some difficulty), but Shana has a much bigger fish to fry – Yuuji. )

• December 21, 2011 at 11:32 pmLectro Volpi

Glad to see more fans of tenth rated characters. We can suffer together. :sadfrog:

• December 22, 2011 at 3:05 amvirox

I prefered our awesome salaryman killing tomogara left and right like a boss.

• December 22, 2011 at 10:46 pm0927123

Still got ‘plot’ owned. :’(

• December 21, 2011 at 9:29 pmSuppa Tenko

Margery looks so hot, the first to seasons had her slightly unlikable which distracted me from her hotness… that and the rat form she always takes.

• December 22, 2011 at 9:35 amark noir

why are you moaning about the paedo stuff now?

did you forget about Pheles? Damn she raised her pure-pure boy from near scratch.

what about shana?

still wrong though!

• December 22, 2011 at 10:50 amKinny Riddle

Whoever said anything about moaning? We’re just expressing surprise (perhaps pleasantly surprised, even) that Satou did it, but definitely not in a bad way.

• December 22, 2011 at 11:55 pmZero

Wow this is the first time i’ve been routing for the Tomogara. Hope they pawn those flame hazes. So did margery place that spell on saitou so she wouldn’t accidentally kill him while having sex?

• December 24, 2011 at 10:14 amyoukai

Lol Sophie is really scary when she kicks Decarabia :O

• December 25, 2011 at 1:08 amelior1

@TAKAII when are you going to review for episode 12?

• March 10, 2012 at 4:11 pmMelda Villari

I figured that the more I read a good book, the smarter I get. You might wish to add it to your post