Papa no Iu Koto wo Kikinasai! – 03 »« Papa no Iu Koto wo Kikinasai! – 01

Papa no Iu Koto wo Kikinasai! – 02

OP1.5 Sequence

Papa no Iu Koto wo Kikinasai   OP1.5   01 Papa no Iu Koto wo Kikinasai   OP1.5   02 Papa no Iu Koto wo Kikinasai   OP1.5   03
Papa no Iu Koto wo Kikinasai   OP1.5   04 Papa no Iu Koto wo Kikinasai   OP1.5   05 Papa no Iu Koto wo Kikinasai   OP1.5   06

OP: 「Happy Girl」 by 喜多村英梨 (Kitamura Eri)
Watch the OP!: Streaming ▼

Papa no Iu Koto wo Kikinasai   02   01 Papa no Iu Koto wo Kikinasai   02   02 Papa no Iu Koto wo Kikinasai   02   03
Papa no Iu Koto wo Kikinasai   02   04 Papa no Iu Koto wo Kikinasai   02   05 Papa no Iu Koto wo Kikinasai   02   06
Papa no Iu Koto wo Kikinasai   02   07 Papa no Iu Koto wo Kikinasai   02   08 Papa no Iu Koto wo Kikinasai   02   09
Papa no Iu Koto wo Kikinasai   02   10 Papa no Iu Koto wo Kikinasai   02   11 Papa no Iu Koto wo Kikinasai   02   12
Papa no Iu Koto wo Kikinasai   02   13 Papa no Iu Koto wo Kikinasai   02   14 Papa no Iu Koto wo Kikinasai   02   15
Papa no Iu Koto wo Kikinasai   02   16 Papa no Iu Koto wo Kikinasai   02   17 Papa no Iu Koto wo Kikinasai   02   18
Papa no Iu Koto wo Kikinasai   02   19 Papa no Iu Koto wo Kikinasai   02   20 Papa no Iu Koto wo Kikinasai   02   21
Papa no Iu Koto wo Kikinasai   02   22 Papa no Iu Koto wo Kikinasai   02   23 Papa no Iu Koto wo Kikinasai   02   24
Papa no Iu Koto wo Kikinasai   02   25 Papa no Iu Koto wo Kikinasai   02   26 Papa no Iu Koto wo Kikinasai   02   27
Papa no Iu Koto wo Kikinasai   02   28 Papa no Iu Koto wo Kikinasai   02   29 Papa no Iu Koto wo Kikinasai   02   30
Papa no Iu Koto wo Kikinasai   02   31 Papa no Iu Koto wo Kikinasai   02   32 Papa no Iu Koto wo Kikinasai   02   33
Papa no Iu Koto wo Kikinasai   02   34 Papa no Iu Koto wo Kikinasai   02   35 Papa no Iu Koto wo Kikinasai   02   36

「家へおいでよ」 (Uchi e Oideyo)
“Come to My House”

It doesn’t matter if you’re related by blood or not, family must stay together.

With a bombshell of an ending just waiting for us, it’s a little amazing how upbeat most of this week’s episode was. Unlike last week where Hina stole most of the spotlight, this week’s episode had a lot more Miu and Sora. While I still haven’t gotten a clear picture of just how mischievous Miu is, it was fun watching her poke fun at Sora’s crush on Yuuta. Throw in Kitamura Eri’s playful voice and it’s almost like watching a younger, tamer, and more blonde version of Kanade from Mayo Chiki.

But amidst all the fun, Papakiki painted a clear picture of just how important family should be. With flashbacks between Yuri and Yuuta and scenes like this, it’s clear just how important this show believes a family should be. Even though I can’t ask for much since this is only the second episode, I think have a much better idea about what direction we’re headed in. Like I said last week, I started watching in hopes of some heart-melting family moments and this week definitely didn’t disappoint.

With that said, I’m still a little shaken up with how powerful the last scene was. In all honesty, I wasn’t sure how much emotion something even as serious as death would pull out from me when a series is only on its second episode. Amazingly, Papakiki managed to reinforce how serious death is by tying it with something it had only briefly mentioned before — Yuuta’s parents death. With a powerful flashback that put Yuuta right in his nieces’ shoes, it gave him the one thing I was looking for, a believable reason for him to adopt them.

While it’ll be a whole week until we get to see my new favorite trio and their new foster parent, the wait is killing me! Seeing how the show is going way past all my expectations within the first two episodes, I can’t wait to see where things go from here. A college student raising three kids in his cramped apartment sounds like a great story but throw in a crazy love interest, a player, and a stereotypical pervert who are all probably going to make his life even harder and you have a great story that should be hilarious. I’m excited.

Full-Length Shots for Your Consumption: 02, 08, 24, and 36.

ED Sequence

Papa no Iu Koto wo Kikinasai   ED   01 Papa no Iu Koto wo Kikinasai   ED   02 Papa no Iu Koto wo Kikinasai   ED   03

ED: 「Coloring」 by 堀江由衣 (Horie Yui)
Watch the ED!: Streaming ▼

Papa no Iu Koto wo Kikinasai   02   Preview 01 Papa no Iu Koto wo Kikinasai   02   Preview 02 Papa no Iu Koto wo Kikinasai   02   Preview 03

End Card

Papa no Iu Koto wo Kikinasai   02   End Card
January 18, 2012 at 12:05 am
  • January 18, 2012 at 12:19 aminfo600

newest impression of this show (combined with reading most of the translated manga chapters): Usagi Drop mixed up with Sora no Otoshimono in a blender…

still, it’s heart warming as well as death – by – moe/fan-service

• January 18, 2012 at 12:26 amThe Moondoggie

But while UD is a heartwarming drama anime, Papakiki is a heartwarming anime.

• January 18, 2012 at 12:26 amThe Moondoggie

herpderp~… *heartwarming comedy

• January 18, 2012 at 11:16 amPtolemaios00

I’m thinking more Usagi Drops mixed with Genshiken.

• January 18, 2012 at 12:24 amMissingnomer

I love this series so far! I actually picked up the manga and read a whole lot of it also. I just can’t wait to see where this series is going. I just wish Hina wont ever grow up, she is just too cute! So much moe, will they pick up on the fanservice though? I hope not, it is just the right amount, you know? Nice post TAKAII.

• January 18, 2012 at 12:26 amSpinarakk

Hah actually, his crazy love interest, player and stereotypical pervert will actually make his life Show Spoiler ▼

• January 18, 2012 at 12:30 amSerapita

Yeah, this show is now one of my favorite of the season. Heart warming story, a bit of fan service and Hina’s cuteness. Can’t wait for next episode!

By the way, is it confirmed that the girls’ parents are dead? I think the breaking news listed Yuri as missing.

• January 18, 2012 at 12:42 amSpinarakk

Yeah apparently they’re very conveniently “missing”.
      (I don’t know how it ends either)

• January 18, 2012 at 12:42 amVRMN

While it’s not explicitly stated that they’re dead, they’re “missing” from a plane crash, which is really just a nice way of saying, “well, they’re dead, but we’re never going to find the bodies so we can’t confirm it for sure.”

• January 18, 2012 at 6:12 pmThe Moondoggie

Search and Rescue 101: No bodies = small CHANCE they’re not dead yet. YET.

• January 18, 2012 at 2:55 amHmm

• January 18, 2012 at 4:28 amSelpheed

if they took the flight Oceanic 815, so …

• January 18, 2012 at 6:19 pmhaseo0408

If that´s the case they might already be food for a polar bear or the black smoke them. God I love the first season of Lost.

• January 18, 2012 at 9:16 amStöt

• January 18, 2012 at 12:41 amsixfeetunder

Ahhhh, the parents died. Somehow, when I saw the plane, I knew their parents were gonna die. Sad ending. Well can’t wait to see how they progress in the next episode!

• January 18, 2012 at 12:48 amGhostalker

Last year we are treated with shows like Astarotte no Omocha! and Usagi Drop that really hit home. These shows that value family ties and such, this season we have Papa no Iu Koto wo Kikinasai!, I’m surprise to this show because I never thought it will actually be like this as I avoided reading the previews on how exactly Yuuta ended up living in the Takanashi residence and bear the weight of the responsibility of raising 3 children. I say now I’m really looking forward watching this show :)

Bonus points for the well done scenes showing close family ties shouldn’t be broken even in the face of a difficult crisis.

• January 18, 2012 at 1:02 amc2710

is the show worth trying out?

• January 18, 2012 at 1:19 amryuuzaki

• January 18, 2012 at 1:22 amGhostalker

I say you try the first 2-3 episode of this series and decide on your own, it was lots of moe characters but at the same time a fair share of older characters, Yuuta in fact was a college student (for a change) which gives a little bit of credibility that he can manage raising the 3 kids. I’m liking this show, but me liking this doesn’t mean everybody else will like this.

• January 18, 2012 at 6:14 pmThe Moondoggie

Also don’t let the fanservice get to you. They’re mostly played for laughs and not, in anyway, to present the kids as some sex object.

• January 18, 2012 at 1:09 amyashau

Man Sora’s character design reminds me of Haruhi. All she needs is an orange ribbon and darker hair.

• January 18, 2012 at 1:28 amLonghaul

Several of the character designs look like they were based on ones from Haruhi, Highschool of the Dead, ToLoveRu, OniChiChi etc.

• January 18, 2012 at 1:26 amLonghaul

And now the actual premise is in play, I chuckle at certain blogs (who shall remain unnamed) that write off any show with the slightest inkling of fanservice at the first chance.

• January 18, 2012 at 8:37 amKarmafan

Fan service is ok if its the right place for it and its not used to beat us over the head with it like Seikon No Quazar. I don’t care for fan service with girls that are not at least 16 or older. Fan service with a 10 year old or a 3 year old (no thanx).

• January 18, 2012 at 1:29 amChillax Mang

If the parents are “missing”. It’s possible they crash landed on water and stranded on an island or something. Who knows, maybe they get rescued for the happy ending. I can’t imagine how else they could end this series. How all this plays out has me interested.

Underneath the apparent loli fan service and comedic high jinks, there seems to be a genuine heartfelt story to it as well. Sadly, I’m sure a lot of people will be turned off by the loli service and completely dismiss the show as otaku pandering moe crud. Sometimes these kind of shows can be entertaining if you turn your brain off(with weed recommended).

I mean cmon, how can you say no to this. Adopt to keep family together? of course! Loli Harem? Hell yeah! There’s always an ulterior motive to doing righteous things.

• January 18, 2012 at 3:32 amSoiyeruda

I get they feeling they’ll make a return as well. As heartfelt of a series it is, I can’t see it just ending with the 4 living continuing to live together.

• January 18, 2012 at 1:46 amkuroshi_nazo

The show is really good, but I’m concerned that the fanservice undermines its credibility as anything more than a fanservice show for lolicons. I’m having trouble convincing my friends to watch it.

This is funny as hell.

• January 18, 2012 at 1:59 amSirMuffin

That came out of fricking NO WHERE! T_T

• January 18, 2012 at 4:43 amBass.EXE

Dude, totally. My jaw dropped when that message came across the screen. Everything seemed so happy and then BOOM

• January 18, 2012 at 8:07 amStilts

Not gunna lie, I teared up a bit. Even though I knew what Yuuta was going to do, when they flashed to the scene of his sister holding young Yuuta, and it fully hit me that he was going to do the same thing she did for him before…phew, it just got me. What can I say, I guess I’m an old softy somewhere deep inside =X

• January 18, 2012 at 2:10 amRS456

Its a nice family themed anime.

• January 18, 2012 at 2:56 amZhinvu

I was wondering what made Shingo go crazy that I thought he and Yuuta never met yet.
    But after seeing Miu’s work, anybody will go nuts if that thing was in your house. Oh and I was also wondering about the lack of Raika screentime. When that timebomb of a new flash blew up near the end, it’s understandable. I was also a little confused because a lot of synopsis I read said the parents are just missing.

• January 18, 2012 at 3:15 amoutcast

I lolled so hard at the end. I already knew i think from this blog that they would end up in the same house. So i was waiting for a reason for them to be together. So imagine my troll face when they were watching falling stars right on the day the parents were on a plane. And they were singing about stars as well and wondered what they were.
    Your parents dead. lol.

• January 18, 2012 at 4:39 amricz

outcast
      Dude your parents died… I loled so hard there dude..

• January 18, 2012 at 4:50 amoutcast

There is a difference in real life and anime. And yes one of my parents did die.
        It’s just when you’ve seen a lot of shows and you already read that they are going to end up together as another aishiteruze baby / usagi drop setting. You watch the episode wondering how they will end up together.
        Seeing how the plane the stars and the song all aligned was pretty hilarious from an obvious point of view.

• January 18, 2012 at 5:56 pmricz

“There is a difference in real life and anime.”

No need to tell me, I’m pretty aware of that ;3…
      But there’s always an appropriate word to used

You do know too that kind of setting is happening in real life.. who knows maybe someone here experience the same thing and seeing that “I loled.. your parents is dead” is a big… >.>

• January 18, 2012 at 3:18 amMR.KLAC

yet i read this u found & quote “http://tenka.seiha.org/images3/papa2/82.jpg

Ciel had a brother?”

after watching 2eps in indeed now add in slice of life drama on it darn this series now got me feel heart warming parts & now heard got license by sentai.

oh please let series be dub in english someday come on deep down it feel must be dub in english.

• January 18, 2012 at 3:23 amoutcast

Also
    How does this outfit work? Why are the shorts so low

• January 18, 2012 at 4:30 amLivingood

When I saw that, I thought the same thing… Sometimes its better not to question those types of things!

• January 18, 2012 at 4:49 amChillax Mang

The dim lighting of the scene makes it look like the white shirt is her skin. While the blue lining of the shirt makes the shorts appear very low cut.

• January 18, 2012 at 4:52 amoutcast

So she is wearing butcracktightshorts?

• January 18, 2012 at 3:50 pmSirMuffin

Hang on a sec… So you’re saying she’s got her white shirt tucked into her buttcrack while her shorts only cover half of her buttocks? Heck, I pray this fashion catches on in real life.

• January 18, 2012 at 9:11 pmBass.EXE

I think you’re confused. Here, I actually found this on Reddit. Strange that someone would upload something like this, but there ya’ go.

• January 19, 2012 at 8:30 amSirMuffin

Okay I understand that… But still… The outline of her butt is undeniably visible… You’re saying her shorts and shirt are just really tight around the area? Like spandex tight?

• January 24, 2012 at 8:07 pmStranger

Yeah, that confused me for a minute, too.

2 Dimensions but no sense. Buttcrack-tight shirt? Alright then.

• January 18, 2012 at 4:01 amn0216332

as much as i appreciate how he adopt the trio… i find it weird how yuuta is way more concern about the 3 than losing his last family member… but i guess it would long out the series if he was to enter emo mode.

• January 18, 2012 at 8:32 amStilts

He didn’t. He still has the girls.

• January 19, 2012 at 6:55 amPKDeviluk25

The youngest girl is actually blood related to him A.K.A his sister daughter.

• January 18, 2012 at 4:16 amKanade

I don’t know about you guys but this seems a bit “rushed”? Maybe its just me because I’ve read the LN but…

• January 18, 2012 at 4:37 amricz

I almost cried on the last scene :(

If I haven’t read the manga..I will surely shed manly tears there

• January 18, 2012 at 4:39 amZaku Fan

This would have been a great wham episode ala Madoka ep 3 if it was an original adaption and people didn’t know about it beforehand. Probably would have thrown a lot of people into a loop. Too bad most sneak peaks and summaries already wrote down the premise.

• January 18, 2012 at 5:51 amlkm

“twinkle twinkle little star” is a song for dead space game only, seriously.

• January 18, 2012 at 5:54 amrufe

I’m surprised they used a specific airline for the plane that crashed. Though they left of the actual airline name the alliance and livery were clear. In Japanese culture it’s both unlucky and insulting since Japanese airlines take their safety records so seriously.

Regarding the anime, how is he supposed to take care of three children? I guess the rest of the family is going to have to help financially unless he plans on dropping out of college.

• January 18, 2012 at 6:45 amSpinarakk

That’s what the rest of the anime will show.

Either way, since they’re living at his place, I don’t see why you’d need so much money. I’m sure all they’re other expenses like school fees, clothes and toys are already paid for, so all Yuuta really needs more money for is to feed the girls, which shouldn’t be too bad.

• January 18, 2012 at 12:15 pmrufe

No…he’ll have to pay for food, increased utility consumption and or the public bath, clothing, bedding, any health care expenses not covered by Japan’s universal health care, education beginning in high school under Japan’s education system, daycare for the youngest, etc.

Assuming the older sisters get part time jobs and they all live a spartan life it will still probably be very tight/impossible (especially since many junior highs and some high schools forbid working part time anyway). He’s probably already working to pay for his own tuition and rent which, while cheaper than in the US, would be substantial.

Of course if the parents have good life insurance the point is probably moot…at least long enough for him to graduate from college and get some kind of job. The girl in high school could also graduate and immediately enter the workforce or even drop out of high school in which case they could probably make it on their own….

• January 18, 2012 at 5:59 amKinny Riddle

Indeed like some posters above said, this episode strongly reminds me of Usagi Drop, though this time involving college students in their early 20s rather than 30-something working-class grown-ups, which I can relate to better, but I’m still optimistic with the general direction this series is taking.

• January 18, 2012 at 7:17 amRS4567

I have a feeling Yuuta might come across a situation where he gets pressured into marrying the oldest one (Sora when she is 18) later on in the series (assuming if it goes that far) when they get older. Sora is already acting like a house wife, has a strong crush on Yuuta, and Miu already supports it since Yuuta is not blood related to any of them except for Hina and she is only about 4 yrs younger than Yuuta.

• January 18, 2012 at 7:23 amWhee

Unfortunately, I didn’t see that one coming.
    I was an innocent victim just waiting for a daily dose of cuteness until
    things got serious… D:

• January 18, 2012 at 7:56 amkurochan

About Miu and Sora, do they have different mother but same father?

• January 19, 2012 at 6:31 amricz

Yes…so overall shingo(the father)…slept w/ 3 diff ladies >.>

• January 18, 2012 at 8:09 amexia

I got teary eyed, even though all the signs pointing out to the parents dying.

So sad yet I agree this does reinforce the importance of family.

Good show.

• January 18, 2012 at 9:24 amRS456

All three sisters have the same father but each one has a different mother which is partly the reason the age gap between these siblings is larger than typical siblings. Hina’s mother is obviously Yuuta’s sister. One has a foreign mom I am not exactly sure if it was Miu or Sora but the family decided not to let whoever it was go to her mother just because the mother is a foreigner and does not speak Japanese.

• January 19, 2012 at 12:27 amSilver

Miu’s mother is the foreigner hence the hair color comment that she made in episode one.

• January 18, 2012 at 9:30 amBenigmatica

Well, I guess Yuuta needs to man up now as both college student and foster parent!

BTW, Yui Horie is becoming Perfume with that ending song of hers.

• January 18, 2012 at 10:21 amDivine

I don’t really like how they auto-tuned the hell out of her.

• January 18, 2012 at 11:41 amSoiyeruda

It honestly sounded more like a Vocaloid song.

The auto-tuning is a bit weird but the ending sequence itself is pretty cool.

• January 18, 2012 at 10:14 amBeedle

Liked this episode, but there was one thing that bothered me…

what’s with the red on the character’s elbows/knees? o_0

• January 18, 2012 at 11:28 amdrzero7

guys, hate to break this to you. If the plane crashed and then the members are missing, it means they’re dead. It’s just put on a nice way so it doesn’t sound ‘as bad’.

• January 18, 2012 at 11:43 amThatManfromNowhere

Is it just me or did you guys have a very, very bad feeling when they sung Twinkle, Twinkle little star? It wasn’t as much as the song itself- it was kinda adorable, but the voices were sad the whole time. Then you see the plane after them talking about trying to find a shooting star.

Just the whole time I was watching the plane, I was expecting something very dramatic- perhaps a little too dramatic, but I would have enjoyed it. Basically I was thinking the plane would be going down and the whole time you see the parents reactions before they die.

That would have literally killed me.

• January 18, 2012 at 11:53 amcooleofranco555

Does anyone else think that ending pciture of Sora looks like it was drawn by the same artist as the guy who drew To-Love-Ru/To-Love-Ru Darkness?

• January 18, 2012 at 1:11 pmDusk

I think everyone would agree with you. Seeing as how name up there on the top right corner says Yabuki Kentaro, who is the author of To Love-Ru. =)

• January 18, 2012 at 12:30 pmleo

am i the only one who LOVED that ED?

• January 18, 2012 at 1:07 pmDusk

No. I love it too. The part where they zoom into each girl’s eye to change scene was a nice touch.

• January 18, 2012 at 12:51 pmtrunkmonkey

Blaaa.. the parental death device again!!! They lost me now

Could had been much more fun keeping them around and having Yuuta playing the favored uncle role.

• January 19, 2012 at 12:31 amSilver

Don’t drop it yet! This show is still comedy/drama so it’s still going to be fun. Besides the parent’s loss would make a good reason why Yuuta adopted the 3 sisters right? I mean what else they could use to justify Yuuta’s adoption of the three sisters?

“Yuuta is a troubled and lonely college student. He could not get his love interest so he went and kidnapped 3 little sisters and forced them to call him oji-san and oi-tan.” Yeah. The parent’s loss is much much better as to why he adopted them.

• January 18, 2012 at 1:53 pmVegetarian4Life

Nice end cap!
    Very good to see one of the best manga artists drawing Sora!! :3

• January 18, 2012 at 2:24 pmHao Hao

God damnit I hate myself. I never see stuff coming but somehow I saw *this* coming… T___T
    So yeah the impact wasn’t that hard as it could have been for me. I feel sour now. Reading all the comments about how you guys felt made me jelly man…

And I’m really enjoying the ending song!

• January 18, 2012 at 2:24 pmnael10

I KNEW IT I KNEW IT PLANE CRASH!!!

• January 18, 2012 at 3:20 pmkk2

• January 18, 2012 at 6:14 pmChaos

So this story took place after the Zombie Apocalypse and everybody died except Khouta. WOW!

• January 18, 2012 at 6:16 pmhaseo0408

I find horrible how their family members told the girls that separating them was the only way everyone will remain happy, that´s a miserable lie, they only want to do what´s easy for them, they are thinking out of their own interest not the girl´s. That´s why I respect Yuuta for doing what is right and keeping them together. Family is the only thing that´s woth something in this world, that´s why I love this show so much!.

• January 18, 2012 at 6:31 pmSuppa Tenko

Takaii kinda forshadowed it last week so I watched the episode in anticipation. Then they get on the plane with a meteor shower going on… It makes me feel the plane got struck by a meteor. Or we can go with the less certain the plane just crashed. Perhaps the parents will return, perhaps not. I will watch this show with hope.

• January 18, 2012 at 8:10 pmRandomlyCurious

This isn’t a serious comment, but anyone wonder how Hina has that much hair despite being only 3 years old? (yes, I know this is anime and liberties are taken with hairstyles)

• January 18, 2012 at 10:51 pmgecd

and I know what other blogs will review this series : “meh aneshotaincestfanservice!” “meh forced drama”

*sigh

• January 18, 2012 at 11:07 pmMash

yes its a shame that as soon as a show involves cute young girls, most people immediately view it as a lolicon show.

• January 19, 2012 at 2:31 amZmil

they even make the PSP game for the anime.. title “Game Demo, Papa no Iukoto o Kikinasai!” for PSP.. YAY!! out this April.

• January 19, 2012 at 4:09 amAnimesetsuna

Whoa! Awesome…

• January 19, 2012 at 4:09 amAnimesetsuna

The ending theme, I feel like Hatsune Miku’s singing. ^^ Maybe because of the music.

• January 19, 2012 at 7:00 pmAnimesetsuna

And the ending Single is now on sale.

• January 19, 2012 at 7:25 pmT_T

Nice show, this season we have good animes =D, the last part… T_T, to favorites yeah.

• January 20, 2012 at 1:24 amCroos

This reminds me of Usagi Drop

• January 20, 2012 at 1:28 amGuardMonkey10

Also, the family was being very racist about Miu’s mother. We don’t know any of the background there. I figure it will come up eventually.

• January 20, 2012 at 6:14 pmProgeusz

That was one hella powerful scene. Seriously, that was breathtaking. PapaKiki exceeded my expectations (pretty low tbh) by so much…
    Poor lolis, the got UsagiDrop’d :(

• January 21, 2012 at 9:37 amSalbazier

That was totally unexpected. Just before the news I was thinking that this will be a heartwarming family slice-of-life comedy, and then Wham! I got dumbstruck. (yeah this is a heartwarming family of life story I think but I didn’t expect this kind of drama) Man, one hand I’m always impressed when a series can shock on the other hand I was, uhh, I just sad for the girls :(

• January 22, 2012 at 7:19 pmtexasroper

this is why I think we anime fans shouldn’t “judge a book by it’s cover” when it comes to shows or dismiss them as moe otaku pandering because we(the audience) could be missing out on something masterful.