Papa no Iu Koto wo Kikinasai! – 11 »« Papa no Iu Koto wo Kikinasai! – 09

Papa no Iu Koto wo Kikinasai! – 10

Papa no Iu Koto wo Kikinasai   10   01 Papa no Iu Koto wo Kikinasai   10   02 Papa no Iu Koto wo Kikinasai   10   03
Papa no Iu Koto wo Kikinasai   10   04 Papa no Iu Koto wo Kikinasai   10   05 Papa no Iu Koto wo Kikinasai   10   06
Papa no Iu Koto wo Kikinasai   10   07 Papa no Iu Koto wo Kikinasai   10   08 Papa no Iu Koto wo Kikinasai   10   09
Papa no Iu Koto wo Kikinasai   10   10 Papa no Iu Koto wo Kikinasai   10   11 Papa no Iu Koto wo Kikinasai   10   12
Papa no Iu Koto wo Kikinasai   10   13 Papa no Iu Koto wo Kikinasai   10   14 Papa no Iu Koto wo Kikinasai   10   15
Papa no Iu Koto wo Kikinasai   10   16 Papa no Iu Koto wo Kikinasai   10   17 Papa no Iu Koto wo Kikinasai   10   18
Papa no Iu Koto wo Kikinasai   10   19 Papa no Iu Koto wo Kikinasai   10   20 Papa no Iu Koto wo Kikinasai   10   21
Papa no Iu Koto wo Kikinasai   10   22 Papa no Iu Koto wo Kikinasai   10   23 Papa no Iu Koto wo Kikinasai   10   24
Papa no Iu Koto wo Kikinasai   10   25 Papa no Iu Koto wo Kikinasai   10   26 Papa no Iu Koto wo Kikinasai   10   27
Papa no Iu Koto wo Kikinasai   10   28 Papa no Iu Koto wo Kikinasai   10   29 Papa no Iu Koto wo Kikinasai   10   30
Papa no Iu Koto wo Kikinasai   10   31 Papa no Iu Koto wo Kikinasai   10   32 Papa no Iu Koto wo Kikinasai   10   33
Papa no Iu Koto wo Kikinasai   10   34 Papa no Iu Koto wo Kikinasai   10   35 Papa no Iu Koto wo Kikinasai   10   36
Papa no Iu Koto wo Kikinasai   10   37 Papa no Iu Koto wo Kikinasai   10   38 Papa no Iu Koto wo Kikinasai   10   39

「私の青空」 (Watashi no Aozora)
“My Blue Sky”

Sure I may have been half wrong when I said that this week’s episode would focus solely on Sora, but I’m sure that none of you will disagree that this wasn’t at least somewhat appealing.

But getting back to the topic at hand, I really enjoyed the way this episode handled all the little facts it revealed about Sora. Seeing how the over arching story has made it past the difficulties of losing one’s parents and getting used to a completely different lifestyle, it makes sense that the next big topic to tackle would be handling problems on an individual level. Utilizing the same formula as last week the show put a character’s problems on display, watch them hit rock bottom, and somehow make a triumphant return ready to take on even bigger challenges. But unlike Miu whose problem was trying to understand that with being perfect in the eye’s of her peers wasn’t the most important thing in the world, Sora wasn’t facing her peers — she was facing herself.

For those of you elder siblings out there, you should understand the feeling of having this certain responsibility to be the perfect around your siblings. From schoolwork to housework, there’s an unspoken rule that carries a harsh punishment for those who fail to achieve perfection. But as you grow up and the boundaries between you and your siblings shrink, it becomes obvious after making enough mistakes that being loving toward your siblings and not trying to be the perfect role model is what you should strive for. In Sora’s case, it felt like she started right in the middle of this trend. Already making mistake after mistake, it was apparent that she was having trouble getting back up and trying to move forward. And had Sora actually broke out in tears before a certain busty and socially awkward senpai interrupted her I don’t know how I would have reacted. But after a pep talk from Raika and a few touching words from Yuuta, I was fully content with the quick turnaround Sora had.

And during this Sora centered episode, I loved how Kurumi got a chance to show off a side we’ve never seen and still played into Sora’s story. For me, I would love to have a perpetually drunk Kurumi instead of a sober one. Not only is her new found confidence a huge turn on but something about this pose strikes me as one of the best pairings I’ve seen in this series thus far. That said, how cute was it to see that both Sora and Kurumi both found their resolve to take life’s lemons and make lemonade out of it?

Now that both Miu and Sora have had their own episodes, I was hoping that Hina would finally get one! But judging from the preview and the sadness in Sora’s voice, it looks like something depressing is in-store for us. However, I say that with a little bit of hesitation since the last time there was a gloomy preview I incorrectly assumed that the episode would be gloomy. Either ways, I’m sure the writers will give us something to look forward to.

Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star

Papa no Iu Koto wo Kikinasai   10   Preview 01 Papa no Iu Koto wo Kikinasai   10   Preview 02 Papa no Iu Koto wo Kikinasai   10   Preview 03

End Card

Papa no Iu Koto wo Kikinasai   10   End Card
March 15, 2012 at 2:00 am
  • March 15, 2012 at 2:34 amGuardMonkey10

I didn’t care much for Sora initially, but she’s been growing on me lately. I found Raika’s quirky support cool and slickly done. I’m starting to really see her as more than just the big boobed love interest. Pretty good episode.

• March 15, 2012 at 8:16 amZnail

Raika is kind, sexy and rather funny to be with, I find social awkwardness to be secondary to those. She is effectively part time mom of the small family already and doing fine in that role, so it’s not like her social awkwardness really causes any trouble. The only real problem lies in her catching her prey as she isn’t exactly good at giving subtle hints.

• March 15, 2012 at 2:38 ambelatkuro

English is fine I guess. They sing it very well.

Wish I had a Raika…

• March 15, 2012 at 2:42 amnagi

Hina deserves an episode dedicated to her too!

• March 15, 2012 at 7:59 amBeedle

A Hina-centric episode……

………………….._,,-~’’’¯¯¯’’~-,,
      ………………..,-‘’ ; ; ;_,,—,,_ ; ;’’-,…………………………….._,,,—,,_
      ……………….,’ ; ; ;,-‘ , , , , , ‘-, ; ;’-,,,,—~~’’’’’’~–,,,_…..,,-~’’ ; ; ; ;__;’-,
      ……………….| ; ; ;,’ , , , _,,-~’’ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ¯’’~’-,,_ ,,-~’’ , , ‘, ;’,
      ……………….’, ; ; ‘-, ,-~’’ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’’-, , , , , ,’ ; |
      …………………’, ; ;,’’ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’-, , ,-‘ ;,-‘
      ………………….,’-‘ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’’-‘ ;,,-‘
      ………………..,’ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;__ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ‘-,’
      ………………,-‘ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;,-‘’¯: : ’’-, ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; _ ; ; ; ; ;’,
      ……………..,’ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;| : : : : : ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ,-‘’¯: ¯’’-, ; ; ;’,
      …………….,’ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ‘-,_: : _,-‘ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; | : : : : : ; ; ; |
      ……………,’ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ¯¯ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’-,,_ : :,-‘ ; ; ; ;|
      …………..,-‘ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ,,-~’’ , , , , ,,,-~~-, , , , _ ; ; ;¯¯ ; ; ; ; ;|
      ..…………,-‘ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;,’ , , , , , , ,( : : : : , , , ,’’-, ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;|
      ……….,-‘ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’, , , , , , , , ,’~—~’’ , , , , , ,’ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’,
      …….,-‘’ ; _, ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ‘’~-,,,,–~~’’’¯’’’~-,,_ , ,_,-‘ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ‘,
      ….,-‘’-~’’,-‘ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; | ; ; | . . . . . . ,’; ,’’¯ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ,_ ; ‘-,
      ……….,’ ; ;,-, ; ;, ; ; ;, ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ‘, ; ;’, . . . . .,’ ;,’ ; ; ; ;, ; ; ;,’-, ; ;,’ ‘’~–‘’’
      ………,’-~’ ,-‘-~’’ ‘, ,-‘ ‘, ,,- ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ‘, ; ; ‘~-,,,-‘’ ; ,’ ; ; ; ; ‘, ;,-‘’ ; ‘, ,-‘,
      ……….,-‘’ ; ; ; ; ; ‘’ ; ; ;’’ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ‘’-,,_ ; ; ; _,-‘ ; ; ; ; ; ;’-‘’ ; ; ; ‘’ ; ;’-,
      ……..,-‘ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;¯¯’’¯ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; , ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’’-,
      ……,-‘ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ,, ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; |, ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ‘-,
      …..,’ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;,’ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;|..’-,_ ; ; ; , ; ; ; ; ; ‘,
      ….,’ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; | ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;,’…….’’’,-~’ ; ; ; ; ; ,’
      …,’ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’~-,,,,,–~~’’’’’’~-,, ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;,’…..,-~’’ ; ; ; ; ; ; ,-
      …| ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ‘, ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;,’…,-‘ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;,-‘
      …’, ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ,-‘ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ,’….’, ; ; ; ; _,,-‘’
      ….’, ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ,-‘’ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;,’…….’’~~’’¯
      …..’’-, ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;_,,-‘’ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ,-‘
      ………’’~-,,_ ; ; ; ; _,,,-~’’ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;,-‘
      ………..| ; ; ;¯¯’’’’¯ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;,,-‘
      ………..’, ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;,-‘
      …………| ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;|
      …………’, ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ~-,,___ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’,
      ………….’, ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;,-‘….’’-, ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ‘,
      ………..,’ ‘- ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;,-‘’……….’-, ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ‘,
      ……….,’ ; ;’ ; ; ; ; ; ; ,,-‘…………….’, ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’,
      ………,’ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;,-‘’…………………’’-, ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; |
      ……..,’ ; ; ; ; ; ; ;,,-‘………………………’’, ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; |
      ……..| ; ; ; ; ; ; ;,’…………………………,’ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;,’
      ……..| ; ; ; ; ; ; ,’………………………..,-‘ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ,’’
      ……..| ; ; ; ; ; ;,’……………………….,-‘ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ,-‘
      ……..’,_ , ; , ;,’……………………….,’ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ,-‘
      ………’,,’,¯,’,’’|……………………….| ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ‘–,,
      ………….¯…’’………………………..’-, ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’’~,,
      ……………………………………………’’-,, ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’’~-,,
      ………………………………………………..’’-, ; ; ; ; ; ,,_ ; ;’-,’’-,
      …………………………………………………..’, ; ; ; ; ; ; ‘-,__,–.
      ……………………………………………………’-, ; ; ;,,-~’’’ , ,|, |
      ………………………………………………………’’~-‘’_ , , ,,’,_/–‘

But yeah, Raika was awesome here :) I can see her personality’s appeal now<3

• March 15, 2012 at 2:49 amBrandon

Who sung along during twinkle twinkle little star I know I did.

• March 15, 2012 at 1:55 pminfo600

All I know was that there were 5 people singing in that apartment complex…

• March 15, 2012 at 3:03 amMakoto

Needs MORE Hina-chan!!!

If I’ll have a daughter someday, I’ll name after her. :)

• March 15, 2012 at 3:36 amKusabi

More Raika is welcomed.

• March 15, 2012 at 3:50 amEuzio

That double mid-episode snapshot of Raika is… is…. :D~

Strangely, i found this episode of Sora and her problems alot more interesting than the previous episode that was focused on Miu.

• March 15, 2012 at 4:01 amMissingnomer

“How I wonder what you are. Up above thee world so high, shining, like a diamond, in thy sky. Twinkle….oh thouist twinkle. My Lord Hina….I can’t…the tears…let us cry together! Thank you Takaii, I can now rest.

• March 15, 2012 at 4:04 amCAPTAIN MAR-KLAC-VELOUS

so sora ep this week

give so much to do for sora from school, choir, grade, cooking, etc indeed stress kick in.
    so left the choir & bad cooking.
    more oh no va lady got no work as well give her characters got “future endeavors” go drunk.
    days later sora bit hmm so go laundry meet va lady.
    some talk give like doing va works & etc.
    sora on eggs then get call raika on cooking so sora go relax & etc.
    then sora goes hmm but here come raika to help sora even asking give raika a hug.
    now looking bit ok a bit then sora & yuuta some talk.
    after all that sora is back so back in choir club & va lady got another role too due to sora talk & make good eggs cooking.

all is good now next ep hmm like something going to happen?

• March 15, 2012 at 4:43 amThe Story You Don’t Know

Raika looks good on that apron. Damn, she should really move in with Yuuta or take them to her house.

• March 15, 2012 at 4:55 amKinny Riddle

I heard Kurumi is an anime original character, or at least her role has been largely expanded from the novels. But not that I’m complaining, her cuteness is a welcome addition to the show.

• March 15, 2012 at 5:43 amSirMuffin

10 episodes in… And I still don’t understand Sora’s pjs…

Why is she wearing a plastic bag over a tank top to bed?

• March 15, 2012 at 6:26 amKinny Riddle

An attempt to seduce her young uncle during sleep, perhaps? lol

• March 15, 2012 at 6:37 amKusabi

Seduced by Raika is more than enough for the young uncle…

• March 15, 2012 at 9:48 amZnail

It can’t be a plastic bag, that would be sweaty like hell!

• March 15, 2012 at 6:28 amn0216332

• March 15, 2012 at 7:02 amTez

What SF4 character do you think Raika uses? I got her pinned as an Akuma

• March 15, 2012 at 10:52 amn0216332

chun li, i guess… just cause i main chun. no other reason :/

• March 15, 2012 at 11:28 amCrook

G. Master at every character. Even though that’s not possible.
      For some reason I think she’d pick Rufus…

• March 15, 2012 at 12:32 pmn0216332

same cup size

• March 15, 2012 at 7:14 ampata

God, I hate the end card… Not the art, it’s quite good. It’s just that the artwork, it kinda reminded me of a horrible, horrible anime…

• March 15, 2012 at 7:18 amSpinarakk

Well to me the art design looks very similar to Mashiro-iro Symphony, which isn’t that surprising seeing as it’s the same artist.

Though I’m thinking you might be referring to a different horrible lolicon horrible anime?

• March 15, 2012 at 7:41 amEuzio

ooo good point out. No wonder it looked so familiar. Which is not a bad thing for me since i liked Mashiro-iro Symphony :P

Though if anything, that is definitely not Miu when she’s 10yrs old, more like 14 or 15 at least considering her *ahem* proportions XD

• March 15, 2012 at 5:29 pmpata

My god, you both got it… That troll ending, it’s still on my nerves. SORA!!!!!!!!!!!

• March 15, 2012 at 8:38 amCAPTAIN MAR-KLAC-VELOUS

give more YES on this ep no kouta-lookalike in this ep yea last ep 5 sec cameo this ep not even in it.

make more YES really one characters really must so UGH yea can we get chris hansen to rid of kouta even give he got voice of ryuji of toradora?

• March 15, 2012 at 10:50 amhuh

you what?

• March 15, 2012 at 9:26 amEmD

Sora, Miu and Hina pretty much have a foster family. Yuuta’s the dad, Raika’s the mom, Nimura is the awesome uncle and Sako is the creepy one.

• March 15, 2012 at 10:52 amBeckett

Not gonna lie, this episode almost made me like Kurumi more than Raika. I was pretty jelly of Yuuta when she was on top of him like that.

• March 15, 2012 at 8:49 pmThe Story You Don’t Know

Well, we should wait for a Raika episode and see how it goes :)

• March 16, 2012 at 3:45 amZnail

Ah, a Raika episode would be awesome :)

• March 15, 2012 at 11:27 amsuff

36th looks like someone is on FIRE.

• March 15, 2012 at 1:27 pmpokpokza

When they sing they sing twingle twingle little star I also want to sing

twingle liitle star!!!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRXQsQKGqIU

• March 15, 2012 at 4:50 pmZhinvu

Marry Raika already Yuuta…is what I want to say but along came Kurumi. I was hoping there’s a full image pic of drunk Kurumi sitting on the stairs. And glad there’s something else, something more cheerful to associate the twinkle star song with. Curse you Dead Space!

• March 15, 2012 at 5:06 pmaquastar831

Drunk Kurumi was great! I’m kind of glad they gave her some focus for this episode and paralleled it with what Sora was going through. And I liked Raika’s little scene in the park with Sora. Raika in apron is definitely win too.

Hina, why are you so damn adorable?! http://randomc.net/image/Papa%20no%20Iu%20Koto%20wo%20Kikinasai/Papa%20no%20Iu%20Koto%20wo%20Kikinasai%20-%2010%20-%20Large%2010.jpg

I may have to take a look at the manga for this series now, since a good number of you have been mentioning it.

• March 16, 2012 at 1:56 ammac65

Takaii – with all of the focus on new writers on board, just wanted to say
    thank you for the wonderful job you and all of the existing writers have been
    doing with the various shows being covered by RC!

• March 16, 2012 at 2:49 pmTakaii

Thanks for the shoutout <3

It's one of the few reasons that make blogging worth doing (:

• March 16, 2012 at 8:49 amCAPTAIN MAR-KLAC-VELOUS

& to wonder will they make a spin-off series with raika as the lead?

• March 16, 2012 at 9:06 amloli_pop

i kinda looking forward to the ending of this now cus its becoming too related to my life story n i hate it when a show reminds me of my life

• March 17, 2012 at 12:20 amKanade

I just realized, is the anime turning 180 degrees from LN?

The story is kind of off as if its not following the main plot line.

Not that I’m complaining but…

• March 18, 2012 at 1:01 amwhee