Acchi Kocchi – 10 »« Acchi Kocchi – 08

Acchi Kocchi   09   19 Acchi Kocchi   09   20 Acchi Kocchi   09   21
Acchi Kocchi   09   22 Acchi Kocchi   09   23 Acchi Kocchi   09   24
Acchi Kocchi   09   25 Acchi Kocchi   09   26 Acchi Kocchi   09   27
Acchi Kocchi   09   28 Acchi Kocchi   09   29 Acchi Kocchi   09   30
Acchi Kocchi   09   31 Acchi Kocchi   09   32 Acchi Kocchi   09   33
Acchi Kocchi   09   34 Acchi Kocchi   09   35 Acchi Kocchi   09   36

「ワタシを包んで!⇔恋とロマンの学園祭」 (Watashi wo Tsutsunde! to Koi to Roman no Gakuensai)
“Wrap Me Up! ⇔ Love and School Festival Romance”

After watching a vast amount of slice-of-lifes that try their hardest to portray the infamous culture festival without boring us, it’s been quite a while since a show has been able to blow me away in terms of the story and the overall goal the “group” has. From filming movies about aliens to creating a haunted house that would put the SAW movies to shame, Acchi Kocchi’s attempt probably falls right in the top three.

At first glance though, a crepe shop doesn’t sound very interesting does it? Besides the actual work in shaping and folding a crepe, there isn’t much to watch. But as every single episode has proven thus far, when you add in our lovable group even the most boring things become interesting. For example, when was the last time you saw a student built shop that had solar panels, digital control system, EMP release system, and a passive radar to detect anyone hiding behind optic camouflage? And let’s not forget that it’s all eco-friendly! But even better than a military grade crepe shop would have to be Tsumiki’s handmade mascot outfit. Besides putting up a futile fight against Mayoi and Sakaki’s teamwork, I loved the way it looked. Besides the way it accentuated her ahoge, I loved how it was just barely too long for her. Just too cute!

While I would have loved to see Tsumiki in the newlywed outfit Sakaki prepared for the others, it was nice to see everyone else in slightly different clothes. From Mayoi’s lack of a lab coat to Hime looking extra cute in her newlywed outfit, it always makes me happy to see a series go out of its way to change things up even if it’s as simple as an outfit change.

Boy am I going to be sad when this series comes to an end. What am I going to do without all the constant nosebleeds from Io’s insane charm or all the cuteness that Tsumiki exerts when she least expects it? I suppose we’ll just have to deal with that problem later!

Omake!

Acchi Kocchi   09   Preview 01 Acchi Kocchi   09   Preview 02 Acchi Kocchi   09   Preview 03
June 6, 2012 at 8:19 pm
  • June 6, 2012 at 8:23 pmMasterDragonKnight

Damn it, Io. Stop looking so cool!

You are making the rest of us guys look bad. XD

• June 8, 2012 at 8:07 pmme again

That’s Katsuragi over there (or at least katsuragi in heroine conquering mode…)

• June 6, 2012 at 8:35 pmMaster of Perzpektiba

• June 6, 2012 at 8:40 pmNeo

Mayoi raise death flag to Sakaki.

• June 6, 2012 at 8:44 pmsenseirei

about this , can someone explan it to me?
    I read the manga as well, but i still not quite get the point it is trying to make.

• June 6, 2012 at 8:56 pmMasterDragonKnight

Not completely sure myself, but it is probably something like this:

Mayoi and Sakaki are dressed to reflect newly-weds, and Sakaki is holding Mayoi’s coat, which she never takes off. So the students are assuming that something more illicit is happening between them.

• June 6, 2012 at 8:45 pmKM

This is an episode to be remember. I love Tsumiki’s cat costume. The whole green theme is also nice.

TQ

• June 6, 2012 at 9:07 pmJ-Luke

Mayoi Looks a lot letter without her buns.
    And Hime looks so sweet here…
    I lol’ed when she automatically went to the back of the queue; such a polite girl…
    (I wonder if she has an off-screen reservoir with blood to replenish all of her nosebleeds)

• June 6, 2012 at 9:08 pmJ-Luke

oops, I mean better of course…

• June 6, 2012 at 10:37 pmTorrigan

Tsumiki was just far too cute this episode, from her random blushes to the utterly adorable catsuit

Also i must admit i have the biggest man crush on Io. He is just too damn perfect and his suaveness truly knows no bounds. And worst of all….he does this all naturally

• June 6, 2012 at 11:03 pmJimhawk

Tsumiki is so cute here and here. ADORABLE! Also, Mayoi doing the samba still gives me the giggles when I see it.

I am so glad that this show has such a likable cast. They all seem to adhere to classic stereotypes, but each character takes their role and makes it unique and memorable. Sure, the gags are great, the activities are all over the place (pun intended), but the characters are really making this show one of my favorites ever.

• June 7, 2012 at 5:17 amSpace Dreamer

The series is adorable. Its a good anime to watch other over some series that just has the constant drama, violence, fanservice and other “intolerable” aspects. Kicking back with friends and getting into mild mischief is a good direction for this series.

• June 7, 2012 at 12:38 pmRoguespirit

Love this episode. Tsumiki’s adorable antics and when she was Slappng the desk loved it. Also This reminded me of This The newlywed outfits were great and the thing with the lab coat was so funny.

This show’s so sweet I’m gonna need to see the dentist before next season. Would’ve loved to see a shot of Tsumiki in those newlywed outfits.

• June 8, 2012 at 8:25 pmIsabel

After listening to the outstanding podcast (and the constant mention of this series), I caved in and gave the first episode a try. Well, one thing led to another, and I officially caught up in one night. This show is incredibly addictive and knows how to balance comedic with the tender romantic moments well. While watching it, I can’t help but think that if/when Tsumiki and Io “officially” become a couple, that their dynamic won’t entirely be different other than perhaps the physical romantic aspects like kissing, which only goes to show how close and quasi-comfortable they are with one another (which is a good thing). This show does a great job touching on the elements of first love (awkward but filled with those warm feelings).

Thanks guys for recommending the show, but it doesn’t help my already bloated anime watching schedule! And now, the opening song is stuck in my head. :(