Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai – 06
「贖罪の…救世主(イノセント)」 (Shokuzai no … Kyuuseishu ( Inosento ))
“The Atonement…of the Innocent”
Ahhhh, leave it to chu2koi to right the ship. After a good day that unexpectedly spiraled into a bad one, your kind and reliable Stilts-oniichan wasn’t feeling like watching any anime, but one episode of chu2koi later and I was back to laughing just like normal. This has little to do with the episode other than giving me an excuse to skip talking about most of the first third, and also to publicly mull on the power of good fiction to influence one’s mood. Pretty wonderful, isn’t it? Moving on.
On to the meat of this episode, I did not expect to get an Isshiki episode. Not that I mind, because it turned out being really funny! I’ll riff on the jokes in the Random Thoughts section below, but plot-wise I have to say that I enjoyed how KyoAni made sure to show Isshiki dropping his little blue book, but didn’t call attention to it until it was about to be important. That + how visible it was (though not obtrusively so) gave a nice little bonus to observant viewers, that “Ohh, I called that, yay!” thrill you get when you call something ahead of time. Or is that just me?
The pleasant surprise came after the book was discovered. I was sitting there yelling “Come on Isshiki, own up to it!” I mean, sure it was slimy to do, rating the girls by their looks – though an understandable one, high school boys being dumbasses like that – but now that the secrets out, the only thing to do is own up and apologize, right? An lo and behold, he did!
That said, any respect I had for him was nearly dashed when he revealed that he hadn’t planned on actually shaving his head as he had vowed. Bullshit, sir! Everyone makes mistakes, and that’s alright – it’s one of the quintessential things about being human. Yet you have to apologize, learn from it, and make amends, lest you’re doomed to repeat it. To do anything else would be cowardice…and cowards really don’t get the girls.
Fortunately, a little dose of Shinka solved that, and I quite enjoyed the melodrama it inspired. A man’s hair is serious business, people! No, but seriously, this episode just goes to show you the virtue of owning up to your mistakes. Sure, you may get laughed at. You may get laughed at a lot, even. But you know what? Screw them! ‘Cause while they’re laughing, you just might fascinate a cute sempai who asks to touch your head (hur hur hur). Wouldn’t it be the biggest coup ever if Isshiki came out of this with Kumin-sempai on his arm? If he scores Dark Dream while completely bald…well, I’m rooting for you, sir. Bald is beautiful, amirite?
Next week it looks like either Yuuta will be going to Jakarta with his family, or he’ll be going on vacation with Touka and Rikka. Oh, who am I kidding? Of course he’s going with the girls! (The ones he’s not related to, that is.) After all, they “need him,” right? And Yuuta isn’t the kind of guy who can turn that down. Though I’m not sure there are many that could. Yowza!
tl;dr: @StiltsOutLoud – A love letter turns into social suicide turns into a total shave. And, maybe a little Kumin-lovin’ for Isshiki? O: #chu2koi
- I liked how Yuuta thought about leaving Rikka to her own devices. Yeah right. You couldn’t leave her alone if you wanted to, man.
- Isshiki-kun was waaaay too BL with Yuuta this episode. I didn’t think they were going after the fujoushi crowd!
- Dark Dream HNNNNGGG!! By the looks of it, Rikka and Deko-chan might be trying to turn Kumin-sempai chu2 as well. I would not be averse to this.
- Kumin-sempai sees all, Yuuta! As does Rikka, when she starts undressing you :3
- Throughout this episode, Shinka and Dekomori kept showing how well they really get along. Sure, they fought a lot, to the point that Shinka lurks next to doors so she can attack Dekomori the second she enters the room, but to my eyes, it looked like at least Dekomori was enjoying it. (Shinka will come around.) Then there was all that laughter at the end. They really are alike, aren’t they? *slaps on his yuri goggles* I can see the ending!
- Speaking of, it’s always great when Dekomori breaks Shinka, especially when it gives rise to the dreaded Scary Shinka! Seriously, Scary Shinka is totally hilarious…and more than a little bit hot :X
- Is it just me, or was Dekomori strangely feminine for a second there? I dunno, but one things for sure…that girl can dance!
- The wind…is coming. HAH!
- Jokes aside, that whole hand holding scene was a massive tease. Not big enough to really dwell on, not enough explanation to really stick in your brain, but just enough of a hint of something to keep you wondering nonetheless. Guh! Want more Yuuta x Rikka rabu-rabu!
- Speaking of a giant tease, this. O.O
- This man dared to rate girls by their looks? Off with his head!
- “My servant-o!” XD
- Who needs love when you have boys love, amirite? …Orz. Seriously, both my shows this week have yielded way too many yaoi jokes. Did I suddenly start covering K without realizing it?! Fukou da!
- A wild Kumin-sempai has appeared! Her Rub attack is Super Effective! :3