Magi – 07 »« Magi – 05

Magi   06   19 Magi   06   20 Magi   06   21
Magi   06   22 Magi   06   23 Magi   06   24
Magi   06   25 Magi   06   26 Magi   06   27
Magi   06   28 Magi   06   29 Magi   06   30
Magi   06   31 Magi   06   32 Magi   06   33
Magi   06   34 Magi   06   35 Magi   06   36

「戦闘民族ファナリス」 (Sentou Minzoku Fanarisu)
“Warrior Tribe Fanalis”

Morgiana does not disappoint. Her badass meter is right through the roof, which in turn provided us with the best fight scenes the series has provided us. While much of her backstory still remains shrouded, the few clues given along with promising foreshadowing is able to satiate one’s curiosity for now. I for one, welcome our new Fanalis kings and queens when they decide to break off their chains and reveal their true potential.

Magi‘s current antagonist to focus on, Fatima (those red lips, my my…), riles up the episode with his…biting treatment of slaves. It’s one thing to actually be a slave driver, but to actually feed your slaves to the wild…that’s a cringeworthy streak to have. Thankfully, the anime doesn’t cross that line and break our hearts–Morgiana comes to save the day! Her brute force will smash any target she sets eyes on, no matter how strong the target may be. Lions, thieves, shackles, you name it: Morgiana will screw you over if you get on her bad streak. It makes you think…if the women are this strong, how strong (or not strong?) are the men? I hope that we really do get to learn more about the Fanalis along with Morgiana’s past…they must have an interesting society to be this strong, yet at the feet of mere weaklings.

It is a painful sight to see her not in baddass mode, if the graphical nature of the flashbacks were any indication. It’s quite amazing that she’s escaped all scars from her previous treatment, save for some leg shackle bruises. I’m still pissed at Jamil for being such a terrible person, and seeing him reappear again in a flashback wasn’t helping much to soothe that disgust. However, for every appearance of Jamil…there is an appearance of Goltas as well. My my Goltas…why are you such a wise and inspiring person! Although he has died in repentance for his own transgressions, his soul, his lifeforce, it still manages to inspire Morgiana to new heights (literally), and has ended up being an interesting character, despite his limited screentime. Goes to show how effective multilayering your characters can be!

Magi also balances the tide of nasty characters with plenty of pleasant people. Although many of the characters introduced have come and gone as the show needs them, they serve their purpose well and act as good contrast against the forces of injustice. Aside from slavery, politics, and nationalism, trade caravans are an important theme in Magi, as they provide the safest (and most sociable) means of transport through the Middle East, just as it was in history. These trade caravans have provided plenty of pleasant personalities which stand up for each other, standing up for justice–even more so than the governments of the various cities and towns. This vigilante system is an uplifting part of the anime, as it causes the characters to rely on each other for assistance rather than governments, which of course makes for lots of interaction and development. However, next episode, it looks like our newly united pair is breaking off from the caravan life, in order to find the last of the trio, Ali Baba.

What adventures lie in Balbadd? Undoubtedly action packed, closer to Morgiana’s homeland, and closer to finally finding out what Ali Baba has been doing this entire time!

Full-length images: 2.

Magi   06   Preview 01 Magi   06   Preview 02 Magi   06   Preview 03
November 12, 2012 at 2:25 am
  • November 12, 2012 at 3:00 amFT5Havok

Does anyone know what and where is the Dark Continent?

• November 12, 2012 at 5:14 amCrook

The Dark Continent lies in the far south, it’s pretty much a complete different world, because it’s separated from the rest and from what I know, it’s similar to Africa.

• November 12, 2012 at 11:58 amGermanguy

Yes, he is right. if you take our World as comparison, then it should be around Africa

• November 13, 2012 at 9:03 amkonart

Dark Continent is a 19th century expression previously used to describe Africa, particularly Sub-Saharan Africa. In some contries(Russia, for instance) it’s Black Continent.

Morgiana have been colored black(no racism here), back author decided to make all finalists red-haired instead.

• November 12, 2012 at 3:10 amewok40k

he definitely knows how to best use his low height…

• November 12, 2012 at 4:00 amL002

I agree, the best main character that is able to use his cuteness in order to attract girls. The opposite of Naruto who gets girls to chase in an attempt to kill him.

I guess we were able to see two lovely girls anyway, though regretfully we did not see them in the episode 1 of the anime.

• November 12, 2012 at 11:59 amGermanguy

..and the Girls are enjoying it.. Men, now i really Envy him for that :)

• November 12, 2012 at 4:03 amMagoiichi

Hidden due to low comment rating. Click here to see.

• November 12, 2012 at 5:47 amThe Moondoggie

Well at least it looks like they didn’t skip anything major: I’d hold a protest if they did…

• November 12, 2012 at 8:39 amMagoiichi

How Aladdin met Leila and the Indian girl seems important enough to me.It wasn’t filler.

It bothers the hell out of me how unless it’s a really popular jump manga like Naruto, Bleach or One Piece, the anime doesn’t get fully adapted.

Even Hitman Reborn wasn’t able to reach the end and was basically cancelled.Some great stuff don’t even get an anime, but get a live action show instead like Yankee Kun to Megane.

Hunter x Hunter had to get a damn remake because apparently something was wrong with the original anime.

Fairy Tail’s anime seems like it’s being rushed because it damn near caught up to the manga.

I just don’t get it.

• November 12, 2012 at 3:29 pml3reezer

@Magoiichi
        Although your sentiments are understandable, your arguments aren’t making any sense. An anime adaptation being faithful and covering the manga’s full material doesn’t stop it from being cancelled.

• November 12, 2012 at 5:27 amRenegade_Saber

I keep staring at Morgiana’s legs and thighs . . . is that a bad thing? Also Leila always stuck me as a female version of Ali Baba , loving this adaptation overall nonetheless .

• November 15, 2012 at 10:53 amK C M

Not really because it would help if she gets decent clothes like other girls. Us guys can’t help when it comes to ladies’ breast and thighs.

• November 12, 2012 at 6:03 amWalaoa

I really like the way they animated the action scene . It look so fluid and felt even better than the manga fight scene. Can’t wait when they actually animated upcoming action scene from the manga.

• November 12, 2012 at 7:33 amzleihsh

Yea, I known what you mean.
      Next ep: Siiinnnnnnnnbbbbbaaaaaaddddddd!!!!!!

• November 12, 2012 at 6:35 ammundox

I’m loving this show, the cuteness, the heartwarming moments, the utter violence of the fight scenes (like last ep when Aladdin nuked the army, that was brutal), and the sexy Morgiana legs & thighs.

• November 12, 2012 at 6:45 amelior1

next week is the great sinbad apear

• November 12, 2012 at 6:50 amThe Moondoggie

Oi! Spoiler…

But I guess it’s safe to assume no one is watching this without taking a peek at the manga?

• November 12, 2012 at 6:58 amMisk

I am. But considering the preview of the next episode and its title, it’s not much of a spoiler.

• November 12, 2012 at 7:56 ambruce

Sinbad’s story is so interesting you can actually create a spin-off show.
    How he captured the 7 dungeons, his allies and how he created his own kingdom for example.

• November 12, 2012 at 9:32 amGermanguy

Thx, for Explaining what will come in the Preview About Sinbad. Thank you very Mutch

• November 12, 2012 at 10:22 amCrook

Yeah, Sinbad is a boss on a ridiculous amount of levels.

• November 12, 2012 at 9:18 ammac65

I was hoping that they would add more depth to Morgiana’s character. Pretty much everything shown in this episode about her
    was generally revealed in previous episodes. Okay, we know she’s Fanalisian, but not much more than that.

But, I’d really like to understand how a (prodigy) from Fanalis became a slave in the first place. Such a well spoke of civilization
    must look after their own? But, We know she was very young – 5-6ish? How did she become such a good fighter – would a
    slave be thus trained? When did she become so loyal to her master to remain a slave until she was freed by Alibaba.

I’m wasn’t expecting all of the answers, but toss us a bone.

I think this episode really drove home Morgiana’s affinity for little girls (second time she’s placed herself in harm’s way to
    protect a younger girl) — to be there because no one was there for her when she was a little girl and cried for someone
    to please save her.

So far, Aladdin has chosen people that are unique in some way. I already thought that Morgiana’s fighting ability was far
    beyond most people she’s met (point – everyone has had a stunned look on their faces at her abilities), but I think, akin to
    Aladdin, there’s something “magical” about her – and not just her stunning looks and legs (she’s really drawn well :) ).

Another thing I noticed is that Aladdin does not whimsically pick his friends. It wasn’t until Alibaba overcame his “deamons”
    that Aladdin asked him to be his friend; but Morgiana is still captive by her past in nightmares, which is why I thought it was
    significant that Aladdin only asked her to travel together; she stills bears the pain of slavery.

Exciting series so far…

• November 12, 2012 at 9:46 ammiss1madness

Well one you couldn’t call her a prodigy just yet and people did train their slaves to be bodyguards and fighters. It’s common knowledge that fanalis are strong so why waste that potential, they can do chores that normal slaves couldn’t and in a pinch they’re good muscle. The thing with Jamil is that they grew up together she was always his slave for most of her life. There wasn’t anyone going out of there way to save her or the other slaves. If they did it normally wouldn’t be pleasant outcome. So why not be loyal to the one that gives you food and somewhere to sleep no matter how bad the situation is.

• November 12, 2012 at 9:50 amGermanguy

Indeed, He “foods” here and give her a “Home”. If She would run away, everyone would regonize her as a Slave, As trash. And perhaps they will treat her much worser, without Food and such. That was not “pleasant” Times in this Age. But we still have that Today, just look around the World. Kids are Born into their “Ranks”…

• November 12, 2012 at 9:58 amL002

“people did train their slaves to be bodyguards and fighters”

To be honest, I am wondering if that idiot of a slave master, I forgot what his name is, was even smart enough to do such a thing. All he did was just stab to death his slaves. Not to mention he was a real amateur of a sword fighter. I really do not see him as a person even capable of thinking. The last desperate thing he said to Goltas was “I’ll give you lots of corn.” I wonder if it ever occurred to him that he was going to die.

• November 12, 2012 at 11:17 ammac65

All excellent points which I look forward to see played out in this series.

• November 12, 2012 at 9:37 amGermanguy

Well, Morigana must have very Strong Bones and Muscles. To Break her Chain Legs in this Way :)

• November 12, 2012 at 11:24 amKiseki

Get ready for the

next week.

• November 12, 2012 at 11:39 amAngryKoala

I’m in love with Morgiana.

• November 12, 2012 at 12:17 pmColonelMiim

next week next week next week next week next week next week next week next week next week next week next week next week next week next week next week next week next week next week next week next week next week next week next week next week next week next week next week next week next week next week next week next week next week next week next week next week next week next week next week next week next week next week next week next week next week next week next week next week next week next week next week next week next week next week next week next week next week next week next week next week next week next week next week next week next week next week next week i can’t wait to find out the sinbad story and Ali Baba’s side :D I love him and Aladin most :p I like the arabic terms in this anime (or perhaps if also put in the manga) lol….

Fatima is a girl’s name, so that gay dude kinda was funny xD had my moments of doubt where he was a female with a man voice *just bored nd liked that assumption*, good show!

• November 12, 2012 at 1:38 pmEntrav

Morgiana is too awesome. After this episode, I just had to read the manga some more and I ended up staying up for 3 hours.

• November 12, 2012 at 1:41 pmGermanguy

me, too… But be careful not to Spoil yourself. Just be curious “what” and “how” they will things from the “Manga” Animated

• November 12, 2012 at 10:25 pmChisel

I like to watch the episode every week and then go and read the corresponding chapters from the manga to see the differences.

• November 12, 2012 at 11:35 pmTingster013

If I am one of those bandits, I would run off when I see Morgiana take down that big fella. I would be crazy to be staying and try to kill/capture her. To be a bandit is not enough, you need to a smart bandit.
    If only Morgiana beat the shit out of that sick lipstick douche. Sick bastard like him should be tortured.

• November 13, 2012 at 12:09 amXziled

do you guys think that the anime will get to the point of the birth of morgiannas’ “tsubasa”?

• November 13, 2012 at 3:27 amelior1

well since they going to start the balbadd arc soon then meybe it going to happen

• November 13, 2012 at 7:38 amTC

A very nice episode again this week! I am impressed! Though in the manga is shown that Morgiana has the strengh AND the brain, because she knew how to break the “unbreakable” foot cuffs; in the anime the cuffs just break by force, but in the manga Morgiana used the knowledge about Show Spoiler ▼

to break off the cuffs around her feet.

I can’t hardly wait for next week’s episode!

• November 13, 2012 at 3:39 pmStereoman

Morgiana, y u so awesome?!

• November 14, 2012 at 11:08 amecho

Cant wait to see the “new character”‘s grand entrance next week.

• November 14, 2012 at 7:50 pmFen

• November 18, 2012 at 11:58 amYoyo

His name is THE ONE AND ONLY PERSON THAT CAN WEAR NOTHING BUT A LEAF AND STILL LOOK AWESOME SIIIIINBAD. On a side note about the ep I don’t see why they did not add the cage and how Mor was able to break the chains. Instead of just slamming into the metal ground. Also for anyone that wants to know Fatima had a back story. Which he (He soo looks like a girl) was once a slave and then killed his slave trader and became a slave trader.

• February 5, 2013 at 11:44 amCassie Awtry

Great blog! Sorry to get off subject, but I recently had some hail damage so I’m looking to find a great roofing company in Nashville TN. Have you read any recent buzz? There’s a roofing company in Hendersonville, right outside of Nashville, called AE Roofing & Exteriors who could be good, but I’ve only seen a few reviews. Here’s the address of these Nashville roofers, 108 Midtown Court #203 Hendersonville, TN 37075 (615) 431-2283. Thoughts? Thanks!