Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT – 02 »« Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai – 12 (END)

Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT – 01

OP Sequence

Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT   OP   01 Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT   OP   02 Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT   OP   03
Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT   OP   04 Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT   OP   05 Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT   OP   06
Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT   OP   07 Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT   OP   08 Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT   OP   09

OP: 「Be My Friend」by 隣人部(三日月夜空〈井上麻里奈〉、柏崎星奈〈伊藤かな恵〉、楠幸村〈山本希望〉、志熊理科〈福圓美里〉、羽瀬川小鳩〈花澤香菜〉、高山マリア〈井口裕香〉)(The Neighbor’s Club (Mikazuki Yozora, Kashiwazaki Sena, Kusunoki Yukimura, Shiguma Rika, Hasegawa Kobato, Takayama Maria))

Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT   01   01 Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT   01   02 Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT   01   03
Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT   01   04 Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT   01   05 Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT   01   06
Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT   01   07 Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT   01   08 Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT   01   09
Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT   01   10 Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT   01   11 Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT   01   12
Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT   01   13 Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT   01   14 Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT   01   15
Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT   01   16 Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT   01   17 Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT   01   18
Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT   01   19 Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT   01   20 Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT   01   21
Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT   01   22 Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT   01   23 Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT   01   24
Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT   01   25 Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT   01   26 Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT   01   27
Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT   01   28 Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT   01   29 Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT   01   30
Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT   01   31 Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT   01   32 Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT   01   33
Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT   01   34 Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT   01   35 Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT   01   36

「やはり俺の青春はまちがっている」 (Yahari Ore no Seishun wa Machigatteiru)
“I Think Something Is Wrong with My Youth”

After one whole year, Haganai makes its triumphant second season debut. And honestly, I wasn’t sure if I was going to enjoy another season of this quirky show. Luckily, this first episode completely blew past my expectations by wasting no time and jumping straight into the gist of things. However, what really made it stand apart was how AIC Build went above and beyond and even touched on a few points that I really wanted to see last season. All of which had me on the edge of my seat wanting more.

For starters, I really loved how AIC Build decided to handle this first episode. Instead of giving us a boring run of the mill introduction episode that attempts to lay the foundation for an entire season, I was loving how spontaneous everything seemed. It was almost as if the studio forgot that it’s been nearly a year since the first season ended and completely blew off the fact that viewers may not remember key points. The thing is, I think it worked really well. Especially in a case when you have a show that essentially works off of how characters interactions bounce off one another. And in retrospect, what’s a better way to jog our memories then watching characters do what they do best? Sure, I may not have remembered how air-headed Sena could be or just how devilish both Yozora and Rika could be — but watching them double team against Sena in an all out attempt to give her the worst hairstyle possible was an extremely fun way to jog my memory.

At the same time, I really enjoyed how the second half of the episode started to change things up as it shifted toward a more somber and serious mood. Well, I mean as serious as a show like Haganai can get. Sure it may have been downright creepy to view just how dedicated Sena was at focusing on her grudge toward Yozora — but wouldn’t you love to see your face plastered on someone’s ceiling? Sarcasm aside, the latter half of the episode brought up an interesting point (at least for me) — the whole love triangle between Sena, Yozora, and Kodaka. Even though I could have sworn that Yozora was the one who came out on top in the battle for Kodaka’s heart, this episode did a wonder on messing up my memories. Between watching Kodaka accept a condom and having Sena’s father tell him that he entrusts him with his daughter, I can’t help but feel that the whole love aspect is going to have a triumphant return later in the season. And if it’s anywhere near as awkward as discussing friendship was during the first season, you can bet I’m excited to see where this leads.

If I had to give one word to describe this first episode I would say that it was stellar. After helping me remember just why I loved watching this show and then enticing me with a Nun with boobs as big as Sena’s, there’s almost nothing I can complain about. Throw in a spectacular opening and ending sequence that I can’t stop listening to and hints that the romantic side of things might get touched on a bit more and you have me at the edge of my seat thinking about the endless possibilities of what could happen in a show like this. And don’t get me started on how emotional the show could get when the topic of what “friendship” really is comes back around! And in the worst case, it seems like AIC Build is ready to provide all the fanservice one could for.

Check Out Images 14 and 30 For Full Sized Goodness!

ED Sequence

Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT   ED   01 Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT   ED   02 Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT   ED   03
Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT   ED   04 Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT   ED   05 Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT   ED   06

ED: 「僕らの翼」 (Bokura no Tsubasa) by 隣人部(三日月夜空〈井上麻里奈〉、柏崎星奈〈伊藤かな恵〉、楠幸村〈山本希望〉、志熊理科〈福圓美里〉、羽瀬川小鳩〈花澤香菜〉、高山マリア〈井口裕香〉)(The Neighbor’s Club (Mikazuki Yozora, Kashiwazaki Sena, Kusunoki Yukimura, Shiguma Rika, Hasegawa Kobato, Takayama Maria))

Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT   01   Preview 01 Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT   01   Preview 02 Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT   01   Preview 03

End Card

Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT   01   End Card
January 10, 2013 at 11:00 pm
  • January 10, 2013 at 11:07 pmYasuri

Welcome back, Haganai. Welcome back, Takaii. Both were greatly missed around here.

• January 11, 2013 at 1:34 amTakaii

Thanks for the welcome back c:

• January 11, 2013 at 2:39 am†Croos†

Hidden due to low comment rating. Click here to see.

• January 11, 2013 at 8:40 amPockyG

Takaii! <3 As happy as I am getting Haganai back, it's even better get Takaii back!

• January 11, 2013 at 1:40 amKinny Riddle

Seconded. We miss you!

PS Is Hyouka coverage gonna be completed at last now you’re back? :D

• January 11, 2013 at 3:55 amKinny Riddle

Some people really have nothing better to do than downvoting posts such as mine and Yasuri for purely welcoming back a blog writer, wonder if he is a Takaii hater?

• January 11, 2013 at 4:52 amYasuri

It’s unavoidable that people are going to downvote whether there’s a valid reason behind it or not. I don’t particularly give it much attention as there’s simply never been need or reason to. There will always be people who dislike what you say but if they’ve nothing to offer but a thumbs down then frankly it isn’t worth a second thought. That’s their right to disagree. If people happen to like my sentiments though and agree with them, regardless of whether a negative thumb outweighs a positive one, I’m glad for that and appreciate it.

• January 11, 2013 at 9:33 amTakaii

Whatever. I still appreciate it.
        Thanks for the welcome back c:

• January 10, 2013 at 11:16 pmKurisu Vi Britannia

• January 10, 2013 at 11:29 pmSortedevaras

Well she was moving her hand around her crotch and rubbing her legs together a lot during that scene so its easy to think that.

• January 11, 2013 at 4:10 pmStranger

Never saw these two as a pair, but this episode slapped the Yuri Goggles Deluxe Supreme 9000 on.

• January 12, 2013 at 1:58 amColentas

She totally was, and for all the strangest, or best, reasons.

• January 12, 2013 at 6:29 amBoozerX

You were right.

• January 15, 2013 at 2:40 amewok40k

this has definitely potential for Yuri or even triangle with Kodaka being shared by Sena and Yozora?

• January 10, 2013 at 11:19 pmSortedevaras

Is it wrong for me to wish Pegasus had his own show just following him around being awesome all the time?

• January 10, 2013 at 11:21 pmfragb85

Of all the shows this season I didn’t expect Haganai would be the one to break my Yuri Radar. If they’re trying to convince me that there’s a shipping war for Kodaka its not working. Sena’s relationship with Yozora is now borderline hatesex for crying out loud. SenaxYozora is now my OTP!

• January 10, 2013 at 11:36 pmR

Those two would have the most glorious hatesex. http://i.imgur.com/dZB6e.jpg

• January 11, 2013 at 3:36 ampokpok

where does this come from i almost like from anime or VN

• January 11, 2013 at 5:55 pmR

@pokpok:
        It’s one of the PSP game’s endings.

• January 11, 2013 at 9:44 pmJohnHayabusa

Now that you guys mentioned it, I think I will have Sena/Yozora as my OTP too!

Btw, dat yuri end card!

• January 12, 2013 at 11:21 amNeregade

Can’t agree anymore with you fragb85. well from season 1 i wanted a sena yozora pair so i just a hell of smile on ny the ending of the episode. Sena/Yozora OTP allright.
      Yuri banzai lol

• January 10, 2013 at 11:22 pmmocha

it’s finally here!! but now the pain of waiting 1 week per episode..

• January 10, 2013 at 11:22 pmR

Welcome back, MEAT Thursdays! Haganai, Vividred, Psycho-Pass and Sasami-san Thursdays are currently the best Thursdays.

Can’t wait to see more of the light novels animated. Wondering if they’ll hit the dramatic part this season…

• January 10, 2013 at 11:24 pmWatt

It was hilarious seeing Sena describe what she does with Yozora’s pictures and wig at night but watching her actually do it at the end made me seriously laugh…..then a bit confused. That face she made in the end didn’t seem like someone with a grudge (Kodaka calling her a perverted stalker seems about right lol). Is this gonna turn into a different kind of love triangle or did I just accidentally put on my yuri goggles?

• January 11, 2013 at 9:29 amPlayer

My impression is that the yuri flags are fanservice, but in reality Sena just really wants a female friend. That’s the reason she plays galge. She wants to do friend-like things with Yozora, but under the guise of an awkward one-sided rivalry so that Yozora won’t reject her. And thinking about Yozora just makes her really happy because she’s such a pure person, hence the stupid face she made at the end there which doesn’t at all resemble arousal. That’s my interpretation.

• January 11, 2013 at 9:40 amD

When in doubt, consult the teachings of a god.

• January 10, 2013 at 11:26 pm†Croos†

肉!肉!肉便器!!
    肉!肉!肉便器!!
    肉!肉!肉便器!!
    肉!肉!肉便器!!
    肉!肉!肉便器!!
    肉!肉!肉便器!!
    肉!肉!肉便器!!
    肉!肉!肉便器!!

• January 10, 2013 at 11:53 pmEin

For anyone of a serious persuasion who got through season 1, watched ep1 of NEXT, and is unsure whether they want to continue:

Keep watching. It’s all worth it later, and if you’ve gotten this far, then there’s good material ahead. Now, as of this episode, we’re about halfway through volume 4. Getting through volume 7 is totally possible, and it’ll make a fantastic end-of-season moment.

Leaving that aside, speculating on future series length… Everything ending at volume 9 is possible but unlikely. A couple more books means three seasons. Realistically, though, I guess it could be animated through volume 4 and OVAs for the rest.

• January 10, 2013 at 11:54 pmHakumen

Ahhh I’ve missed this show – so much that I’d had to watch the first season again.
    <3 Sena & Kobato

• January 10, 2013 at 11:54 pmLightnDark

UNIVERSEEEEEEE! MEAT! Delicious meat. Also, kukuku~ Kobato-chwan. Yess Haganai is finally back

@Takaii: Did you meant that you thought the episode was Stella? /seewhatididthere

• January 11, 2013 at 9:34 amTakaii

Ahuehuehue. I see wat you did thar.

• January 11, 2013 at 12:10 amwhee

gimme moar rika!!

Also, kudos to sena’s perversion

• January 11, 2013 at 12:23 amZein

Wow TAKAII! Welcome back!

• January 11, 2013 at 9:35 amTakaii

Yessir. Thanks for the welcome back c:

• January 11, 2013 at 12:24 amZein

Wow TAKAII! you’re back!

• January 11, 2013 at 12:37 amWaffles

Oh man! What a great start to the anime!

I can’t wait until the maid chapter kicks in, it’s one of my favorite chapters. Made me like Rika a lot more, and Sena… Nuff said!

Thursday is my favorite day of the week now!

• January 11, 2013 at 12:38 amKairoru

More MEAT!

• January 11, 2013 at 12:41 amEntrav

NIIIIIIIKUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!

• January 11, 2013 at 1:00 amGarb

Good to have this back. Alas, long-haired Yozora will never return, and that saddens me. At least the show is good enough to make up for that aesthetic shortcoming.

• January 11, 2013 at 1:09 amNekomimimeido

WHAT THE HELL IS THIS? What is her right hand doing? Kimochi warui…

• January 13, 2013 at 2:34 amBackspace

I don’t find whatever Sena is doing or what is presumed she is doing disgusting. No way! Niku can only be delicious!
      And also dat butt spanking

• January 11, 2013 at 1:44 amKinny Riddle

I nearly spat the water I was drinking when Stella handed this to Kodaka. LOL

LOL Speaking of which, there seems to be a Haganai doujinshi out there with the exact same plot, though being a doujinshi, the outcome is clearly different. *Nudge nudge wink wink*

AIC Build had replaced the character designer for this second season, and thus the characters now look even cuter than their first season counterparts. But that’s just me.

• January 11, 2013 at 1:48 amD

Such a thoughtful and considerate maid.

• January 15, 2013 at 2:42 amewok40k

Stella is getting the best wingmate wingmaid ever…

• January 11, 2013 at 1:47 amKinny Riddle

Haganai returning means more Kobato, so here’s Kobato and her Chuunibyou friends Rikka and Kuroneko et al doing the Chuunibyou Dance.

• January 11, 2013 at 2:10 amTakaii

This video. Thank you<3

• January 11, 2013 at 2:45 amFling

Sometimes this show makes me think Kobato and Sena would make nice couple in scenes where the comedies calms down. Then they throw Sena’s room and wig at me and I don’t know what to make of her character anymore :P

• January 11, 2013 at 3:11 amCatsRofl

Watched this episode with a big grin on my face :D
    Really looked forward to this! But that aside, Meat certainly has an…interesting (yeah lets call it that) way of holding on to her grudge, Hehe. All we need now is the perverted version of hououin kyouma back and we’re good to go :D (all the characters seemed rather tame actually) All in all this will certainly be a weekly watch show :)

• January 11, 2013 at 3:23 amZhinvu

Missed this show so much. Glad to have Haganai back for another season.

- What an unexpected (or expected) way for Kobato to be reintroduced than by screaming for her An-chan because of an excited Sena.
    - Really when this scene happened I thought an unholy alliance was formed.
    - Definitely looking forward to seeing Kate’s debut. From those previews she’s very much an upgraded Maria.

• January 11, 2013 at 3:49 amgrav

well band is back together again yet still at it.

sure like give sena a hair makeover end up get spank by her dad which kodaka feel good parenting for it.

to kodaka enter sena’s house to see sena has more obsession to yozora to having sena’s dad rubbing clean kodaka’s back (brain bleach now please).

oh my indeed yet next ep here come big “nun”.

• January 11, 2013 at 5:57 amSeedStriker

The good: the shennanigans of the Neighbors Club are back
    The bad: bashing Sena instead of Yozora in the first ep.

After the end of season (without the OVA), I expected that the beggining of S2 would be a little bit more of bashing Yozora since the self-destructive bitch hasn’t received some humble pie at all. Gangbanging the only character that could be well developed (since Sena is the only one in this damned club that really wants friends) in the kickoff is low. And, if Kodaka is really the author self-interting into the story, GROW UP BALLS, YOU IDIOT! C’MON MAN!

• January 11, 2013 at 9:36 amTakaii

I totally wouldn’t mind if Yozora got some hazing — always good to balance things c:

• January 15, 2013 at 2:46 amewok40k

I fear the day (Darth) Sena will get her revenge – it will be on a scale of order 66…

• January 11, 2013 at 6:07 amAnimesetsuna

Didn’t see much Kobato this episode. @_@ I need more Kobato scene…

• January 11, 2013 at 6:12 am†Croos†

Yozora kinda reminds me of Reizero/MrRei and Sena kinda reminds me of myself.

• January 11, 2013 at 6:56 amTheMoondoggie

Croos, Rei sin’t a mean person: he just likes

you…

• January 12, 2013 at 8:22 amMrRei

You’re not rich, you’re not smart, and you don’t have big boobs… TLDR: You’re worthless nothing.

• January 12, 2013 at 9:16 pmd-LaN

I KNEW THIS WAS COMING. Bring out the shipping fanfic ;P Croos x Rei OTP XD

• January 11, 2013 at 6:21 amD

There’s a reference in the video game to Berserker’s 9 Lives + Bazette’s multi-angle steel ball attacks shown here.

• January 11, 2013 at 6:21 amlegwkio

Tsungasus. :D

• January 11, 2013 at 6:24 amMeat Eater

• January 11, 2013 at 2:39 pmend3rr

I think I just turned vegetarian.

• January 11, 2013 at 8:37 pmIncognito

Personally, I prefer a diet of both “Meat” and “Mammies” myself… XD

And Tenma/Pegasus preparing a rose bath… I wonder if that’s a not-so-subtle reference to Ryotaro Okiayu’s previous role as Treize Khushrenada from Gundam Wing. LOL

• January 12, 2013 at 6:38 amBoozerX

You should make a gif with the Yozora trolling at the start of the ep, hilarious.

• January 15, 2013 at 2:47 amewok40k

enough to make Gandhi carnivore :P

• January 11, 2013 at 6:29 amBenigmatica

I hope Meaty’s obsession with Yozora will not worsen her personally… like masturbating!

• January 11, 2013 at 8:16 amD

Nothing wrong with a woman with a healthy sex drive.
      It doesn’t worsen her personality, it just makes it more attractive.
      Wow, how did we get on this topic.

• January 11, 2013 at 7:09 pmRickyMack

maybe because pegasus-san lit the grail-shaped beacon?

• January 11, 2013 at 7:46 amTingster013

So things have taken such a big turn, have to say, my hopes are high for the 2nd season. Doujinshi artists are gonna have so much materials to work on. Profit going up up up for them.

• January 11, 2013 at 9:13 ameuler271

to the light novel reader, which volume is this part? and does it comes right after the last season finale?

• January 11, 2013 at 9:22 amD

Volume 4. They skipped a few scenes, but yes, it comes right after the season finale.

• January 11, 2013 at 9:34 ameuler271

thanks XD

• January 11, 2013 at 9:37 amTakaii

You’re Welcome c:

• January 11, 2013 at 9:46 amD

No problem, there’s so many good scenes in the novel I can’t wait to see in the anime.
      If you’re wondering who Kodaka ends up with…

• January 11, 2013 at 10:01 ambear

I totally agree about best girl.

• January 12, 2013 at 11:54 amNeregade

Damn it im dying to press the spoiler button but i dont want any spoilers damn it spoiler are some terrifying things, i dislike them but cant keep myself away from it. Ahhhh! damn it i want to know.
        Well whatever ill just close this page.

• January 11, 2013 at 9:58 ambear

Don’t count any of the girls out of the running.

• January 11, 2013 at 10:17 amHighway

I loved that they just picked right up with the same show. It made it seem much more like a split 2-cour series, just with a little longer than usual break. You want the backstory? Go back and watch the first series, because if you liked this episode, you’ll like all of the first series.

One of these days, someone in the club is gonna actually figure out that they *are* friends, not just practicing for when they have friends…

• January 11, 2013 at 10:34 amHalfDemonInuyasha

Ah, good ole Haganai…good to have you(and Takaii) back again!

Am I the only one who misses Yozora’s long hair?

And to think, after everything she did to Sena in Season 1, messing with her hair and all is what makes Yozora think she’s gone too far and it was just plain mean…wow…lol

• January 11, 2013 at 1:04 pmHighway

I miss Yozora’s long hair, too, but I guess it can’t be helped.

And I think the apology for going to far is showing that they’re actually becoming friends. Instead of a only a generalized other that Yozora can antagonize and bully, she now feels sorry for pulling what I thought wasn’t that bad of a prank, and even one that Sena fully participated in, on someone whose opinion and goodwill she’s starting to care about.

And I think Sena’s kind of the same way, because that last scene didn’t exactly strike me as ongoing rage. I think she longs to ‘get’ Yozora, but in, again, a prank-y way like friends would.

• January 11, 2013 at 10:54 amMormegil

Yuri is coming. Haganai is clearly the best anime of the season.

• January 11, 2013 at 6:35 pmSamurai Pumpkin

I like it when my favorite shows become increasingly more NSFW.

• January 11, 2013 at 7:11 pmRickyMack

i gotta say while i’m on team sena, hair down rika makes her become a more viable option. her in that maid outfit in the OP!! hnnnnnngg! additionally, it looks like we’ll be catching up to the light novels where rika gets to shine more.

• January 11, 2013 at 7:23 pm†Croos†

I laughed when this Otaku Maid Joke was presented in this episode.

• January 11, 2013 at 7:24 pm†Croos†

oh srap this. This post was supposed to be in MaoYuu episode 2

• January 15, 2013 at 2:49 amewok40k

Stella vs Maou maids for best maid of season? place your bets!

• January 11, 2013 at 11:30 pmbertman4

Was it my imagination or did anyone else think some of the scenes had some quality issues? Scenes in their club room where it wasn’t a close up shot seemed off, like their faces were not detailed enough. Also, the color palette seems different, more muted.

Looking forward to Mother Kate next episode. And we need more Maria.

• January 11, 2013 at 11:37 pmbertman4

So I just visited the Japanese wiki site. The director and art director are different from the first season. In fact much of the staff is different from the first season. No wonder I thought it looked different.

• January 13, 2013 at 4:46 pmHelvetica Standard

this show keeps getting weirder and weirder xD

• January 14, 2013 at 1:14 amRyner

I prefer my harem ending above all pairings, seeing as Sena would most likely dont mind, Rika and Yukimura as well, and Yozora will eventually agree with it if Kodaka is ok with it. Hail for the harem end! All hail harem end!

• January 19, 2013 at 9:14 pmsandland

i like this anime
    and also this january its save me from bored anime….
    ooooh i got to go