Servant x Service – 07 »« Servant x Service – 05

Servant x Service – 06

Servant x Service   06   01 Servant x Service   06   02 Servant x Service   06   03
Servant x Service   06   04 Servant x Service   06   05 Servant x Service   06   06
Servant x Service   06   07 Servant x Service   06   08 Servant x Service   06   09
Servant x Service   06   10 Servant x Service   06   11 Servant x Service   06   12
Servant x Service   06   13 Servant x Service   06   14 Servant x Service   06   15
Servant x Service   06   16 Servant x Service   06   17 Servant x Service   06   18
Servant x Service   06   19 Servant x Service   06   20 Servant x Service   06   21
Servant x Service   06   22 Servant x Service   06   23 Servant x Service   06   24
Servant x Service   06   25 Servant x Service   06   26 Servant x Service   06   27
Servant x Service   06   28 Servant x Service   06   29 Servant x Service   06   30
Servant x Service   06   31 Servant x Service   06   32 Servant x Service   06   33
Servant x Service   06   34 Servant x Service   06   35 Servant x Service   06   36

「確かめて 思わぬ問題 かくれんぼ」 (Tashikamete, Omowanu Mondai, Kakurenbo)
“Make Sure, An Unexpected Problem, Hide and Seek”

Saya!

The amusing surprises continue this week as we get a Saya and Momoi-centric episode, as well as some genuinely hilarious moments on their behalf.

Chief Momoi and His Circumstances

As utterly bizarre as Momoi and his stuffed animal body are, I can’t bring myself to dislike his character in this otherwise down-to-earth show. His presence is completely fantastical, in that I can’t decide if this is a robot or a spiritual thing we’re talking about, but it’s not at all detrimental to the quality of the comedy. In fact, he rather rounds things out nicely with his quirkiness, and it’s obvious that his staff isn’t quite sure how to deal with him either. There are moments where they grudgingly accept his presence (such as when they allow him to observe their work or tie his necktie), and there are others where they clearly can’t quite come to terms with working under a rabbit, stuffed though he may be. Then there’s the humor in the fact that no one wonders how the heck he ended up in such a body, or the fact that his very normal human daughter, Kanon, is around, even though Momoi remembers working years ago with Hasebe’s father (just how long has he been in this body anyway?). Whatever weirdness this is, I don’t think we’ll get an answer soon, if ever, but it is amusing to think about nonetheless.

Saya and Her Circumstances

My favorite part this episode, however, comes courtesy of Saya, a character we haven’t really had too much time to get to know yet. We’ve known that she feels inadequate for her job and that she’s the type people trust with their problems, but until now we’ve had precious little time to get in her head somewhat. I personally relate a bit to Saya, in a way differently than I do to Lucy, in that she’s a bit insecure about herself and that she tends to regret things. It’s clear that Saya wanted to go to grad school and regrets losing that opportunity, and it’s also clear that she tries to avoid telling people what she thinks because she’s not very good at getting her thoughts across. While for her, it’s a matter of insecurity and poorly worded kindness, it ends up hurting others, and as hilarious as that is, it can also be a little sad. She doesn’t mean any harm after all, but her propensity to do so regardless makes her even more insecure, and thus makes addressing others difficult for her. Refusing Tanaka’s proposal turns into a headache, for one thing, though she clearly isn’t at all ready for such a thing (unless it’s to go back to school, ha!). However, it seems like this might be an even bigger thread in a larger story, if Hasebe’s reaction is anything to go by.

(Props if you get the very old title references.)

Note: Instead of writing this the usual way, I’m going to go ahead and institute a new format for my future SxS posts; it’s inspired a bit by Stilts-senpai’s style, but instead I’m going to be splitting the post into the mini-episode contents and analyzing them all separately, with some larger context at the beginning and end; somehow I find that blogging a series like this one in portions is a lot more efficient.

End Card

Servant x Service   06   End Card
August 11, 2013 at 1:46 am
  • August 11, 2013 at 2:07 amStilts

Ufufu~, my influence is spreading! >:D

(P.S. Angry Chihaya-chan is super moe)

• August 11, 2013 at 2:13 amKairi

Haiiiii~ I am your slightly less perverted protégé/kouhai after all. :3

Also, your style is perfect for this show. ;p

(Haha, that part made me laugh. xD)

• August 11, 2013 at 2:26 am†Croos†

I can’t wait until Show Spoiler ▼

appears.

• August 11, 2013 at 3:44 amCybersteel

He looks like the anti-Hasebe

• August 11, 2013 at 4:14 am†Croos†

I think his the actual opposite of Hasabe.
        As explained in this episode:
        1.) Responsible
        2.) A Good person

• August 11, 2013 at 5:27 amRyuuzaki

and might be a real playboy

• August 11, 2013 at 6:23 amMagoiichi

• August 11, 2013 at 2:24 amRadiosonde

I want to work under Chief Momoi! He’s possibly the most easy going boss I’ve ever seen!
    And how did he managed to drink using that stuffed toy?
    I’d love to know what’s the relationship between the grandma’s grandson and Hasebe. Could be one of his ex-classmates or maybe an annoying cousin ?

• August 11, 2013 at 2:39 am†Croos†

Boss and employee relation
    -It’s really good that they actually portray this. And yes, old boss needs to learn from new employees since they know new ways of work.
    The boss can give working advice in exchange

BUT

IF Boss gives an evil advice or life advice?
    ->【My ANSWER】

• August 11, 2013 at 2:39 amgawrshness

le gasp Kanon-chan reincarnated in another show!

• August 11, 2013 at 3:45 amCybersteel

So whats the solution to this week’s quiz?

• August 11, 2013 at 6:44 ammianghuei

惡 (aku)

• August 11, 2013 at 3:49 amlou

hey..guys what do you do feel if you got a bunny as a boss?

• August 11, 2013 at 5:29 amRyuuzaki

ill ask myself first “am i still dreaming” and will try to wake my self up

• August 11, 2013 at 7:58 amechykr

It would be really hard to take your boss seriously if he’s a stuffed doll, as seen by Chief Momoi struggling to even get noticed.

Worse still, he runs the risk of getting stomped on, whether accidentally (by Hasebe this week) or intentionally (by Chihaya last week).

• August 11, 2013 at 2:20 pmigniteous

As long as his directives and instructions make sense, I see no problem having a bunny as a boss.

• August 12, 2013 at 5:08 pmrandom viewer

He/she would be the last person I ask for help.

• August 11, 2013 at 3:55 amswordhack4

Ganbare, Saya-san!!

• August 11, 2013 at 4:07 amDrift

The ending changes as more girls are featured in the story :D I haven’t read the manga but I wonder if more girls will be featured in it.

Now that I think about it the current ending is pretty much 5 beautiful girls plus one 50 year old man who is naked and wearing nothing but a tie as pointed out in this episode.

• August 11, 2013 at 4:07 amTechim

Hasabe feeling down and depressed..never thought I’d see that.
    Lol, Saya succeeded with badly worded advice where Lucy had failed with instant rejection :p

• August 11, 2013 at 4:46 amNitro

isn’t it pretty obvious that Momoi is a remote controlled robot stuffed toy though? what with the introductory lines from episode 4 and the CPU in the OP. i don’t know what all the confusion is about.

• August 11, 2013 at 6:47 ammianghuei

Could such a thing exist 20 odd years ago though..?

• August 11, 2013 at 7:48 amHayate

and plus the fact that he’s gulping that coffee for reason of thirst for human but unknown for robot

• August 11, 2013 at 6:02 amPatsuan

Masters of tact. Masters of tact everywhere.

Wait, is that a screwdriver Kanon is holding there in the ED? Just what are you, Boss?
    By day Kanon’s just a normal high-school girl, but that just a cover for her super robo-engenieering skillz?

• August 11, 2013 at 6:48 ammianghuei

If one person is hardworking, the others have to be hardworking too because we all get the same pay. :)

• August 11, 2013 at 7:51 ampaulrenzo

Haha, I can so relate to Saya:
    1. It’s hard for me to say no
    2. I’m also unintentionally blunt (a.k.a people misinterpret what I want to say)
    3. Most importantly, I do not know how to end a conversation

• August 11, 2013 at 7:56 amechykr

Miyoshi, the unfortunate master of hurting people without even meaning to. LOL at her “take a look yourself in the mirror” Must be her inner Nakahara Mai going subconsciously yandere whenever a threat (i.e. new suitor) arises.

Judging from Hasebe’s reaction at Miyoshi’s description of Tanaka’s grandson, that grandson may just be the very source of Hasebe’s “Tanaka Allergy”.

Now to see how Miyoshi cruelly rejects Tanaka’s grandson, all without her realizing.

Kanon-chan HNNNG. Lately this is what Hidaka Rina characters do to me.

• August 11, 2013 at 8:52 amstarss

…Whuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu’ duh fuck……..

• August 11, 2013 at 10:02 amecho

somehow I felt that the person Lucy is looking for might be Hasebe’s father. The hairstyle looks kinda familiar. Maybe his personality became too carefree after meeting his wife?

• August 11, 2013 at 10:45 amKurama

Kairi, was that a Kare Kano reference?
    And I think the writers missed an opportunity when it was revealed that Momoi has a daughter. For some reason I thought Hasebe was going to say something like, “You have a daughter? But you’re so shy, how do you even have sex?” in front of everybody :p

• August 11, 2013 at 1:42 pmKairi

Bingo~ Pretty old huh. xD

Haha, that would have been funny.

• August 11, 2013 at 4:05 pmsadakups

Ah yes, Miyoshi is the killer of men’s hopes and dreams without her knowing. Not even the man Hasebe had immunity to it.

• August 11, 2013 at 11:02 pmtaiakun

I’m under the impression that it is a robotic bunny. In the OP, right after the bunny is shown sitting on the desk, an internal shot is shown with what looks like a ripoff of the “Intel” sticker, which I think implies that it is robotic.

• August 12, 2013 at 5:06 pmrandom viewer

What am I lacking?…A tail. (LOL and wipes tear) That is the biggest difference and I didn’t think him missing the tail was the problem. A toy story come to real life and better.
    And two scenes with his stuffing punched out of him is classic stuff animal abuse.
    To Saya: “Oh Honey~” You really know how to burn peeps. Your choice in words – beneath and unfulfilled – are encouraging? -_-
    Episode liked…*click.