Servant x Service – 08
「危険の芽 田中の孫に 御用心」 (Kiken no Me Tanaka no Mago Ni o Youjin)
“A Dangerous Sprout, Bware Tanaka’s Grandson”
Tanaka-san is VERY Responsible
Okay, now that the yaoi shipping should be done with (chea right), we get to the reason for Hasebe and Tanaka’s dysfunctional relationship – Tanaka is really serious and Hasebe gets annoyed with him. My two favorite parts about the Jouji bits: 1) Miyoshi getting super mad at Tanaka (poor guy), and 2) the fact that he can apparently drink like a champ. That guy might even be able to drink more than me! Maybe. I CHALLENGE YOU, TANAKA!
We all had it wrong from the very beginning – Hasebe isn’t on the Lucy route, Lucy is on the Hasebe route. @#$*^& deredere Hasebe!? Hellz yes! It’s really refreshing to see the guy so smitten with the girl for once, because as much fun as it is to see a bunch of girls clambering for the main character, women are a whole lot more attractive, so by rights it should be us guys blushing up a storm, right? Okay, okay, I’ll stop pandering, moving on!
Dress Up Time
The way that Hasebe got Chihaya on board with his date-o idea was perfect. Lucy in a skirt? I approve! Chihaya putting her in it? Swiftly super double-approved!! But really, the crown jewel is the upcoming date-o itself. I too want to kick the ass of whoever allowed Lucy’s name, because it’s making it really hard for her relationship with Hasebe to develop. That’s why he has to try really hard, even if he’s so nervous he can barely stay on his feet. Been there Hasebe, been there. A real man goes for the girl even through his own mind-blanking terror. Well done.
Date-o, date-o, date-o! Probably other things will happen, but BRING ON THE DATE-O! P.S. Kairin should be back to covering this next week, so you’ll be done with me again. I’ll see you in the comments!
tl;dr: @StiltsOutLoud – Deredere Hasebe!? Looks like it’s actually Lucy on the Hasebe route, even if she doesn’t realize it. Thanks Tanaka! #sxs 08
- Gotta say, I’m getting kind of annoyed with Lucy always focusing on her name so much. It’s really not that big of a deal, gods get over it! Also, it’s not funny when you bring it up all. the. time.
- Hasebe is the only weird guy allowed to get Lucy drunk.
- Where have I heard an outburst like that before? Somewhere, somewhere… (“Ni-san te yuna!”)
- I’m always amazed that people can find life boring. In this world, with all the wonders it contains? Ridiculous Hasebe.
- Seriously though, what was with that dream. You should be embarrassed, Hasebe. That was some weird stuff.
For more from yours truly, check out my blog on writing, art, and the book I’m working on at stiltsoutloud.com.
Full-length images: 07.