Seitokai Yakuindomo* S2 – 07 »« Seitokai Yakuindomo* – 05

Seitokai Yakuindomo* – 06

「アイドル生徒会長, 攻撃アイテムビクッビクン」 (Aidoru Seitokaichou, Kougeki Aitemu Bikubbikun)
“Idol Student Council President, Attack Item Throb”

Are all my shows on a roll this week or what? Because if this episode of SYD* didn’t get your blood flowing even a little bit, I think you may need to see a doctor.

Triple Booking.. is for real?

While I’m sure all of us know that it’s Shino, Suzu, and Aria singing their respective lines during the opening sequence, I’m sure there’s at least one person out there who didn’t notice (or catch) that the credited group for the song is Triple Booking. And even though it’s the same name they gave to the group of girls who sang the opening for the first season, I always just thought it was just a random name.

But then comes GoHands, taking the best path possible and giving us one of the greatest two-for-ones. A joke in a joke, you have to love how they went out of their way to point out the obvious to us. From Shino and Shiho to Suzu, Aria, Tsuda, and Yokoshima-sensei all reprising the roles of their respective clones, I loved how stupid funny the whole thing was.

Shino, the Idol Student Council President with a crush

Even though it was all just a dream, Shino did a great job rocking the whole gravure idol gig. Despite her lack of cleavage and slender body, she managed to look stunning in a ton of different outfits. What you have to wonder about though, is just how managed to control that raging imagination of hers. With various media outlets interviewing her and numerous idol performances shooting her popularity through the charts, it’s tough to believe she wouldn’t accidentally let something dirty slip out in public.

The other thing I wanted to hit on was the ending to the whole dream sequence — once again hinting at the romantic feelings Shino’s hiding for Tsuda. Even though I’ve beat this idea nearly to death, I can’t help but feel a little more optimistic that maybe something will be coming down the pipes in the future. I mean, Shino became an idol because of Tsuda’s encouragement and who knows what might have happened if Shino #2 didn’t appear?

Androphobia — Making a girl’s life tougher since 1999

Even though she’s just a side character, I think Kaede has been one of those diamonds in the rough. She’s not as innocent as Mitsuba but tends to get caught up in the less dirtier situations. So instead of watching her be the straight-man, we get to see her just do her own thing. And even though I’m not really a fan of all the androphobia jokes, it’s awfully cute watching her get all flustered trying to deal with Hata’s bullying and Tsuda’s kindness. Now that I think about it, I think Tsuda got two girls all flustered this week…

The Future looks like its full of squid

Rounding things out with not one but two episodes of sticky white goodness was just fabulous. While we’ll have to wait at least another week to find out just what’s covering Aria’s precious vase, I’m sure it’ll be something that completely catches us off guard. Until then, I leave you with some full-sized caps of Shino in Idol Mode. Till next week!

Full-length images: 11, 12.

End Card

February 11, 2014 at 1:46 am
  • February 11, 2014 at 2:04 ambossarvin

Triple Booking… Had to check Season 1 Episode 6… Wait for it! A joke crossing to another season.. Got trolled big time :P

• February 11, 2014 at 4:35 amZannafar

Triple Booking is the name of the idol group in the manga Idol no Akahon by the same author.
      So it’s actually a crossover with another series.

• February 12, 2014 at 12:13 amAvi

and apparently Shiho is 13 years old (went to read the manga yesterday)

• February 13, 2014 at 1:24 amonehaz

An interesting tidbit I got from Yahagi Sayuri’s (Suzu) recent radio session in NicoNicoDouga:

For the OP of the first season, they had to get into their Triple Booking voices to sing the song. For the second season, however, they were being their seitokai selves, despite the credit going to Triple Booking.

• February 11, 2014 at 2:29 amEmD

While I love Shino and she and Tsuda is really cute and I like their scenes together and would not mind if they got together…

in my heart of hearts I will always cheer for Mitsuba

bury me, for I am trash

• February 11, 2014 at 3:11 amTarage

Judo is too pure for her own good.

Shino a cute though.

• February 11, 2014 at 3:45 amSetsunah

Who do you think Takatoshi should end up with?

1)Shino
    2)Suzu
    3)Mitsuba
    4)Kaede
    5)Aria

• February 11, 2014 at 5:35 amc2710

As much as I love Shino… I must say…..

• February 12, 2014 at 9:02 amretsurai

too bad that the main character powers overwhelm chemistry between the protagonist and side characters…. so…..if he end up with someone it will probably be shino.

At the first season i saw mitsuba fellings but when shino started to have feeling too i knew it would be impossible for mitsuba.

• February 11, 2014 at 12:58 pmHalfDemonInuyasha

Honestly, he seems to have decent chemistry with virtually all of the (more involved) girls.

• February 12, 2014 at 12:57 amThe Story You Don’t Know

Am I the only one who likes Aria the best next to Shino?

• February 11, 2014 at 5:35 amgoldcut

There are also references to season 1′s ending songs. The two stamps of the transfer scene before Aria’s skit are actually lyrics from that ending, roughly means “daydreaming is my hobby” and “I am common person”. Also when Kaede’s face turned blue Hata commented “Aoi Haru Desu Na”, while “Aoi Haru” is the name of season 1′s ending, literally meaning “blue spring”.

They did go through season 1 for this episode.

• February 11, 2014 at 5:39 amazalea23

just wanted to add that it would probably be a closer feel to say “I am peasant” than “I am common person” for that ending lyrics.

• February 11, 2014 at 6:20 amgoldcut

Peasant sounds a little below average..I don’t feel the word “Shomin” like that, although that is the usual antonym for aristocrats or nobles.

• February 12, 2014 at 12:00 amx

@goldcut

“Plebeian” or “Commoner” would probably be more accurate.

• February 12, 2014 at 4:43 amgoldcut

@x
        I learnt some new vocabulary today.

• February 11, 2014 at 5:37 amazalea23

Hagimura didn’t have enough screen time this episode! I want to see an idol Hajimura!!!

• February 11, 2014 at 2:54 pmExis

well at least we’ll get suzu in gothic lolita next episode

• February 11, 2014 at 8:26 amechykr

Everyone in the idol agency (in Shino’s dream) sounded exactly like her schoolmates, with one of them even remarking how she and Shiho sound alike and have similar sounding names. What a way to cut down on VA costs and still capitalizing on it for maximum comedic effect. XD

Anime harem rule: Only a harem master protagonist may awaken the romance within the heart of an androphobic girl. :D

• February 11, 2014 at 10:30 amMagoiichi

I’ve finally caught up! 1 chunk of my backlog defeated :).

This is one of those rare anime where I like all the characters. It makes it that much harder to have an absolute favorite. Not even a top 10 would do any justice.

I actually believed the idol thing was real until the moment Tsuda mentioned he had a girlfriend lol.

• February 11, 2014 at 10:43 amHalfDemonInuyasha

Idol Shino <3<3<3<3<3

Someone needs to make a GIF of dangling Hata, lol.

Mutsumi and Kaede were just so adorable too.

• February 11, 2014 at 12:40 pmTez

This was one of the funniest episodes of any anime this season.

• February 11, 2014 at 12:41 pmFarfaduvet

Note for myself : Never watch SYD around midnight or I’m gonna awake all my neighbours
    That episode was damn funny, I was laughing almost every minutes

• February 11, 2014 at 4:23 pmDvalinn

This episode was hilarious, and possibly even the best one so far. It pretty much hit it out of the park with every sketch. The long Shino sketch gave some great gags, callbacks to season 1 and another manga entirely and hints about her feelings. Then watching Hata troll Kaede made me laugh out loud, and of course the horrible yet hilarious awkwardness of the squid and Takatoshi gags. Especially the final one, where the girls go on a rampage with their fantasies because there’s nobody around to correct them.

This anime really is one of those shows that knows exactly where its strengths lie and how to capitalize on them, so even after all this time there hasn’t been a moment I was bored. Next episode, gothic lolita Suzu! Awesome!

• February 11, 2014 at 5:54 pmKaris

It’s so ironic that the Triple Booking members are practically opposites of the Student Council members, except for Shino and Shiho.

• February 11, 2014 at 6:25 pmMincemaker

I expect to be lynched for even suggesting this but I figured ‘slender’ is the perfect frame for an idol, considering that it’s suitable for a very wide variety of outfits and the toned muscles and lack of extra burden is more suited to all those choreography.

• February 11, 2014 at 8:21 pmbakakubi

Stop teasing me with all these romance developments! You’re going to get my hopes up and then stomp on them when the season ends. ;_;

• February 11, 2014 at 8:33 pms_w

Shino! No, Suzu! No, Kaede! Wait! What about Uomi? Miiitsuuubaaaa! *head explodes*

I know. He can just tsukommi all of them.

• February 12, 2014 at 1:26 amrob@Event Photography Cambridge

I love anime and this is one of my favorite episodes. I really enjoy spending my time here..

• February 12, 2014 at 4:03 amechykr

Years of playing many installments of GTA meant I knew exactly what the answer was before the reveal. XD

• February 14, 2014 at 2:18 amTrunkmonkey

He is giving her A neck massage ?

• February 14, 2014 at 2:16 amTrunkmonkey