Summer 2015 Schedule »« Winter 2015 Schedule

2 1 2 3 Not covering

Manga

Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday
Bleach
Weekly Shounen Jump
Legend: 1

Now that the spring preview is out, it’s time to give you a first look at the shows we’ll be blogging. This is Random Curiosity’s Spring 2015 blogging schedule.

As always, this is a tentative overview of our plans for the new season. We’ll also be doing introductory posts on many of the shows we’re not covering, so if something catches our eyes, things will be shifted around to accommodate. The schedule will be updated to reflect any changes.

As usual, DO NOT PANIC! Plenty of introductory posts will be made before we settle on our shows. We allow ourselves to cover 1-3 episodes before a blogging decision must be made, and we’ll use them. Here are a few of the shows we’re planning to introduce, in order of premiere date:

That doesn’t mean any of those will be picked up, or even that they’ll get intro posts. They’re just the ones we’re planning to introduce as of now.

In staff news, no major news is good news. Zephyr will be returning to blogging after a short break, though he’ll be taking it easy with one show. I, on the other hand, am not taking it easy; I’m jumping up to at least three shows, because I won’t be travelling as much this season, and because spring is apparently full of Stilts. Other than that, all is quiet on the home front, at least until all these shows begin to air.

In series news, Passerby will be taking over Unlimited Blade Works from Takaii, as will Zanibas with the new season of OreGairu. No special reason, Takkun just wanted to switch things up, and the others were happy to jump on those shows. You’re losing your title as the sequel king, Takkun! (I say as he’s covering three sequels *whistles*)

That’s it for now. Be sure to check back periodically for additional pick ups; this post will be added to the side bar shortly. Thank you for reading, and let’s have another fun season of anime together!

Updates:

• 04/12: Turns out Enzocchi is still our faithful BONES boy! Er—I should have thought this comment through better. Guardian Enzo has picked up Kekkai Sensen!
  • 04/20: The kiss-fest will be televised—and covered as well. Samu has picked up Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo!
March 30, 2015 at 11:10 am
  • March 30, 2015 at 11:31 amchad28_69

I’m going to try:
    Sidonia no Kishi (covered by Zephyr)
    Ninja Slayer From Animation
    My Love Story!! (covered by Guardian Enzo)
    Triage X
    Arslan Senki (same mangaka that made FMA and Silver Spoon)(covered by Stillts)
    Blood Blockade Battlefront (Bones. No one covering Bones v_v)
    Plastic Memories (covered by Passerby)
    Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?
    Seraph of the End (covered by Samu)
    Gunslinger Stratos: The Animation (It kind of sounded like Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere and it has UroGen. Thought Stills was going to be all over this.)

• March 30, 2015 at 12:14 pmBlood_X

Looking forward to a lot of these.
    Baby Steps 2! <3

• March 30, 2015 at 2:09 pmVoyager

That’s practically the only sport anime I watched in a decade.
      Liked that it’s a story of talent, hard work and relationships, with no superpowers or strange auras involved. Worth it, recommended.

• March 31, 2015 at 3:40 amJone

Ah yes, Baby Steps. One of the few anime I dropped last year. One less show to watch this season.

• April 8, 2015 at 12:27 pmgrayne

yep. boring + unoriginal = pass.

• March 30, 2015 at 12:19 pmYato

Really hope, that one of you guys will be covering Nisekoi this season – it already was left out the previous time.

• March 30, 2015 at 12:26 pmRockmanshii

Plastic Memories is covered cool.

• March 31, 2015 at 8:15 amNys

Nisekoi is generic shit, the writers decision to not cover up nisekoi is wise idea
      without to cover up we knew exactly what would be all about nisekoi

• March 31, 2015 at 8:16 amNys

sorry,misclick reply it supposed to Yato guy

• March 30, 2015 at 12:28 pmErimaki

Funny, the moment I glanced at the schedule, my first thought was along the lines “Stilts is M”.
    I’m not sure which is crazier, that you’re blogging at least 3 shows or that I recognize your color without looking below the schedule.
    How many of your fellow bloggers did you stab before getting Arslan Senki?

Cherrie picking up Shokugeki no Souma surprises absolutely no one. Looking forward to getting hungry with you again =p

Definitely watching
    Arslan Senki
    Baby Steps 2
    Danna ga Nani wo Itteiru ka Wakaranai Ken 2 Sure-me
    Yahari Ore no Seishun Rabukome wa Machigatteiru. Zoku
    Nanoha Vivid
    Shokugeki no Souma
    Unlimited Budget Works

And checking out at least
    Dungeon ni Deai o Motomeru no wa Machigatte Iru Darouka
    Denpa Kyoushi
    Digimon

• March 30, 2015 at 2:13 pmCherrie

Hey hey! Try and act surprised =O I had to knife fight everyone else to prove my worthiness to blog Shokugeki no Souma!

• March 30, 2015 at 5:20 pmichigo

I wouldn’t be surprised if you end up with more screenshots of food than people with Shokugeki no Souma.

I actually double fist-pumped once I saw your color for Shokugeki, lol! I look forward to your reactions~

• March 30, 2015 at 5:34 pmSamu

Are you joking, ichigo? Cherrie’s screencaps will be a perfect balance of food + naked men. I look forward to them as well, Cherrie~

• March 31, 2015 at 8:06 amFortis

How about the best of both:food ON naked men.

• April 1, 2015 at 5:18 amCeimur

There are many new genre’s in Souma: One is FoodR*pe, FoodSchoolLife, FoodNTR, And in the latest FoodStand

• March 30, 2015 at 9:33 pmStilts

I had to stab SO many people for Arslan Senki, and took much damage in the process. Oddly enough, not much competition for Nanoha ViVid and DxD. There’s no accounting for taste.

And remember to get pics of naked girls too, Cherr! Equally opportunity fanservice deserves equal opportunity capping. Oh, and I guess non-naked-or-food pictures as well.

• March 30, 2015 at 1:03 pmMatt

It’s a shame GITS wont’t be covered by Random Curiosity….

Looking forward to Lupin 3rd in Italy as well.

• March 30, 2015 at 9:23 pmZephyr

I’ll do the intro and possibly the finale, but eh the big thing is it’s just going to be a TV version of the ARISE movies for the most part, the first two of which were covered on RC already.

• March 30, 2015 at 2:37 pmLyfe

I was going to write that its a shame the Nagato chan anime isn’t being covered here as so many are listed on the staff as watching it, but given the lack of people listing it on their watch list in the comments, I can see why and understand.

• March 30, 2015 at 6:07 pmPasserby

Nagato Yuki-chan is one of those tricky anime to blog because its source is very slice-of-life and nothing much at all happens for quite some time, which is the point of the story. That said, the anime adaptation could potentially mix things up, and the first episode should be telling.

• March 30, 2015 at 8:05 pmChloesong

I was going to mention the same thing! So I see, that’s why! Makes sense. :)

• April 1, 2015 at 11:02 amLyfe

Okay thanks for explaining Passerby. I do see your point, with slice of life shows as you’ve mentioned not much happens and you can usually summarize an episode in like a few sentences lol.

• March 30, 2015 at 2:40 pmJ_the_Man

My Saturdays :(

• March 30, 2015 at 2:45 pmMartianMage

is jam packed like mine? :)

• March 30, 2015 at 5:00 pmLyfe

My Sundays.. lol. Nah, I watch more anime on Sundays, I save a few shows to watch :)

• March 30, 2015 at 2:53 pmWanderer

I’ll see Stilts at Vivid and Takaii at Kiniro Mosaic. Everything else I’m waiting on first impressions to judge.

• March 30, 2015 at 3:09 pmMakise Kuristina

it’ll be nice if grisaia no rakuen gets covered since kaijitsu was covered.

• March 30, 2015 at 3:10 pmVoyager

I’d like to thank all the RC staff for the great work making the previews (you guys take that seriously for sure, considering all the research you did on the source material), and for all the time you will donate to this community covering all those shows.
    And together with all the Readers and Commenters, have a nice and satisfying new season.

• March 30, 2015 at 3:15 pmd

Does anyone know when Digimon is actually airing?

• March 30, 2015 at 9:22 pmZephyr

Doesn’t seem to have any specific air date information yet. Looking like a mid to late April at this point. Either that or it’s going to be moved to summer.

• March 30, 2015 at 4:19 pmAmiluhur

Not surprising that no one seems likely to pick Kyokai no Rinne, though i had expected Enzo to get this one given his positive response on LiA’s preview guide. The manga is mediocre at best and it takes load of chapters till you come to care bout the main characters thanks to its snail pacing. Still, if you’re a fan of Takahashi’s works and japanese supernatural stuff, it could be a decent time waster.

• March 30, 2015 at 5:13 pmGuardian Enzo

Did you really find “Second-tier Rumiko” to be all that positive?

• March 30, 2015 at 6:00 pmSK

I’d suppose that depends on how large your first tier is? Nonetheless, not a ringing endorsement.

• March 30, 2015 at 7:23 pmAmiluhur

Nah, i still perceived it to be a positive response since i found no thorns, sarcasms, or sharp criticism on it, at least compared to bunch other spring shows you previewed.

• March 30, 2015 at 4:24 pmdamrod

With Cherry i was a bit suprised since i expected her to either blog Etotama or Hibike! Euphonium.
    The rest was easy to predict, especially stilts is too easy. Stilts is the echi blogger after all :P

• March 30, 2015 at 7:08 pmCherrie

I like to mix it up a bit, keep people on their toes ;)
      It’s also nice to challenge myself a bit and blog things outside my niche… whatever that niche is >_>

• March 30, 2015 at 9:39 pmStilts

Cherrie’s niche is food. I mean, go read the title of her intro post! Totally transparent.

A-and I’m not the—you know what? Screw it. I’m the ecchi blogger. Just this season, though! *tsuuuuun*

• March 31, 2015 at 1:38 amGlutton

Don’t feel ashamed, Stilts. I praise you for boldly admitting that you watch these shows, because not many people do. ;-)

• March 31, 2015 at 5:56 amdamrod

Finally you admit to being the ecchi blogger, and thought cherry also did something with akatsuki since more people besides Kairi had written blogs about that one.
        And being Tsun makes you look cute, just don’t become a second icarus okay?

• March 31, 2015 at 7:08 amCherrie

@damrod:
        I have actually not watched Akatsuki yet… =X I will get to it soon though lol

• April 5, 2015 at 9:00 pmHanabira.Kage

Nah, Stilts is the loli blogger.

• March 30, 2015 at 5:05 pmHarleyQuin

With Takaii taking the unexpected decision to cover Kiniro Mosaic, that’s all my 5 most anticipated Spring shows covered! (SnS, Danmachi, Ore Monogatari and FSN UBW S2). Really looking forwards to the spring season!!! >w<

• March 30, 2015 at 5:29 pmTakaii

I don’t think you understand how much I like this show. (I listened to that video like a thousand times while trying to remember what happened during s1 for the preview LOL)
      It’s a shame more people don’t like it :’)

• March 30, 2015 at 6:10 pmPasserby

Some time ago, a friend forced that video on me and it compelled me to go read the 4koma, and to this day I’m still not sure why it did.

• March 30, 2015 at 6:23 pmSamu

Nyanpasu > Desu Desu, tbh

• March 30, 2015 at 8:42 pmTakaii

SAMU WHY YOU DO THIS. I SEE NO NON NON BYORI ON THIS SPRING SCHEDULE.

• March 30, 2015 at 9:56 pmStilts

@ HarleyQuin

DanMachi isn’t getting covered as of now. You’re probably looking at takkun covering the equally long-named Danna. DanMachi should get an intro post, though.

• March 30, 2015 at 5:29 pmichigo

All these initial assignments are already great! I look forward to all the non-sequel (sorry to Takaii, I haven’t watched the prequels yet) anime posts.

Guardian Enzo has Ore Monogatari!!. Let’s see if Madhouse can keep it up with all the high-quality series. I don’t doubt the studio will though~

• March 30, 2015 at 10:10 pmGuardian Enzo

With much of Team Chihayafuru behind it, I see no reason to expect anything less than rock-solid.

• March 30, 2015 at 5:59 pmTouka-chan

Someone should cover Tokyo Ghoul the manga.

• March 30, 2015 at 8:04 pmChloesong

Ty to Samu for covering Owari no Seraph and Cherrie for SnS!
    I’ll be crossing my fingers that someone will pick up Digimon tri. :3

Thank you again to RC for the fantastic blogging!!! We appreciate the entire team for your consistent hard work over these years<3

• March 30, 2015 at 8:52 pmChloesong

I just realized that Owari no Seraph has one of my favorite seiyuu as the lead and is produced by the Studio that worked on SnK. I’m offically on the hype train :D

New 2nd PV:

• March 30, 2015 at 8:44 pmTakaii

I think I’m still the reigning champion for sequels \o\

• March 30, 2015 at 9:04 pmKuntzy

Bwahaha, Stilts covering all of his bases with his holy trinity (yuri, fantasy, ecchi) this season. Seeing him finlly back to blogging DxD… it’s almost like his blogger career has come full circle.

Puts a tear to my eye. *sniff*

I’d also say something about Passerby taking over FSN from Takaii, but I’d probably piss off the show’s hardcore fanbase so I’ll relent. Still cool to see him blogging it though.

All that aside, I’m rather surprised that there’s not that one show that always shows up that I’m thinking, “It’s not being blogged? That kind of sucks…” Good choices all around, including some rather obvious picks like Enzo on Ore Monogatari!!!, Cherrie on Shokugeki no Soma and Zephyr on Sidonia no Kishi.

The only real head scratcher for me is Danna ga Nani wo Itteiru ka Wakaranai Ken 2 Sure-me and that’s really only because of the short format it airs in.

Looking forward to all the coverage.

• March 30, 2015 at 9:48 pmStilts

Normally we introduce more series before claiming them, but this season we had a collective “Eh, screw it,” and just claimed a bunch of shows, lol. It’s such a good season! (Including Danna … takkun’s blogging choices are, like him, reliably goofy).

For the second season of DxD, I was happy Seishun was around, because I didn’t really feel like blogging it. Now I do, though. I guess I have come full circle :X

• March 30, 2015 at 10:12 pmGuardian Enzo

It didn’t seem so obvious to me. I don’t think I’ve ever blogged either a shoujo or a straight-up romance on RC before.

• March 31, 2015 at 7:17 amKuntzy

Madhouse. Chihayafuru staff. I figured you couldn’t resist.

I’ve been wrong before though. *looks at Aldnoah*

• March 31, 2015 at 1:54 amTakaii

If you didn’t know, I covered Tonari no Seki-kun a while back.

Also, Kaori-tan.

• March 31, 2015 at 7:39 amKuntzy

Didn’t even know Tonari no Seki-kun was a short.

Apparently that was ten minutes long though. It’s true that it’s short, but Danna is SHORT.

To be honest my interest is rather piqued just to see how much you can churn out weekly based off of three and a half minutes.

Maybe I just lack imagination? ^_^;

• March 30, 2015 at 11:35 pmLGrey

See the table -> What is Stilts’ color? -> See table legend -> Stilts = Teal -> Return to table -> Teal = High School DxD.

Me: Yappari …

• March 31, 2015 at 3:02 amTlacatecatl

I am happy that Danna ga Nani wo Itteiru ka Wakaranai Ken 2 Sure-me gets covered. <3
    The first season was auch a pleasant surpirse for me. =)

• March 31, 2015 at 7:20 amneality

Interesting season. I’ll be picking up a few myself, but first, I’ll trying out different shows and gauge the reaction from others before making any decisions.

• March 31, 2015 at 11:08 pmMichael

Can’t wait for most of these especially Owari No Seraph plus the manga is awesome

• March 31, 2015 at 11:09 pmMichael

And also excited for the new season for Highschool dxd born

• April 1, 2015 at 4:32 pmSamu

Owari no Seraph should be promising. I’ve read a little of the source material, but not enough to spoil myself past the first few episodes.

• April 1, 2015 at 8:21 amplatinum

Yay~ Stilts-nii-san goes back to High School DxD! :D (Also Cherrie getting Shokugeki is a double win.)

This anime crop really looks good, so I’m hoping that all will be well this season for RC. (Also I have to thank you guys for starting up the Final Impressions posts for shows not covered here. It’s nice to see them and see what you guys thought of stuff we don’t see here on a weekly basis. So thanks again! > w>)

• April 1, 2015 at 9:46 amquigonkenny

UBW 2nd season is a given for me, and I’ve very much enjoyed the Arslan Senki manga, so I’ll be watching the anime, too. Might catch an episode or two of Nagato-chan for nostalgia’s sake, but given that the quirky supernatural setting is what drew me to the Haruhiverse, and that its utter lack already turned me off of the Nagato manga, I’m not holding out much hope. I’ll check out Lupin for the same reasons, if someone is subbing it, but expect to enjoy it more. And how can you avoid Ninja Slayer? Based f’n TRIGGER making an anime adapting a light novel that is the Japanese take on the American take on violent anime? That’s just too meta to miss…

Of course the next couple seasons are just appetizers for the main course of our bald, caped hero for a hobby savior of anime.

• April 1, 2015 at 3:29 pmIan

I miss the Fairy Tail coverage.

• April 1, 2015 at 3:30 pmWanderer

For some reason some of the links to specific series preview info do not work: Re-Kan! and Vampire Holmes just for example. I cannot tell you why they aren’t working, just that they only take me to the top of the preview page, rather than to the series descriptions themselves.

• April 1, 2015 at 3:46 pmCherrie

Thanks for letting us know. I fixed those two now; should work =) If you see any other ones, let me know.

• April 1, 2015 at 6:28 pmGary29

Stilts-sama, have you listened to the Oppai Dragon theme song yet to prepare yourself for blogging BorN?

I want your opinions and I want them now! :3

• April 2, 2015 at 2:33 pmStilts

Only one thing to say: High School DxD is back. In all the ways!

• April 2, 2015 at 8:37 amKraft

I don’t post all that much on RC, but I really do appreciate all the effort and passion you guys pour into this site. I’ve been reading this site ever since I first read Omni’s posts on Lamune back in 2005, and I still read the RC blog post of my favorite shows after watching them. Sometimes, I’ll even dabble into new shows because of the summary screencaps from the first page, haha.

Happy first day of Spring2015, hope the this season is as awesome as always!

• April 2, 2015 at 2:33 pmStilts

Thanks for reading, and thanks for taking the time to comment : ) You rock!

• April 2, 2015 at 10:14 amShinwinds

Well i am happy to see lots of my favorite show is covered by randomc. But i can’t fathom why Hello Kiniro Mosaic get covered and Nagato Yuki-chan isn’t. Also i want Digimon Adventure Tri get covered, that’s an epic classic show right in my childhood. But, overall you guys done a good job for deciding the covered anime this season.

• April 2, 2015 at 2:31 pmStilts

Kiniro Mosaic is getting covered because Takaii wanted to cover it. All blogging choices are individual choices.

Also, Yuki-chan might still get covered. As we say every season, this list is tentative. But that, too, is an individual choice among the bloggers who are eyeing the show.

Digimon Adventure tri. might get coverage as well. It depends on when it’s airing, and whether the first episode (or three) looks any good.

• April 5, 2015 at 8:24 pmTakaii

Like Stilts said, because I wanted to \o/

You have your picks and I got mine ヾ(*´ー`)ノ

• April 2, 2015 at 11:03 amChloesong

Oh gosh… I was so fooled by the April 1st joke that Digimon Tri got delayed to July 3th. >_<;

Still waiting for the offical release date though :)

• April 2, 2015 at 12:02 pmN0oDLX

It looks like a promising season! I’m going to try out:

Shokugeki no Souma