Kuroko no Basuke 3 – 25 (END) »« Kuroko no Basuke 3 – 23

Kuroko no Basuke 3 – 24

「お前だったんじゃねーか」 (Omaedattanjyaneeka)
“So It Was You”

And here I thought things couldn’t get any crazier.

Super Fun Episode

Even though I’m a huge Seirin fan, I must admit that the best episodes are the ones where the opposing team manages to catch them off guard. In Rakuzan’s case, I never expected a team-focused Akashi would become such a fearsome opponent. Dropping the focus on his solo play in favor of empowering his team (much like a certain blue haired shadow..), he instead used his skills to unlock a pseudo-zone for his team. Something that sounds ridiculous as an idea but ended up being awesome in execution.

Not wanting to be shown up though, Seirin managed to return the favor twice over with a little help from an enthusiastic crowd. Somehow pulling out more strength from who knows where, Seirin’s counter to a team completely in the zone was something even more impressive — a team even deeper into the zone! Utilizing the bonds of trust that they’ve built up together, the way they utilized it to outmaneuver Akashi’s Emperor Eye while simultaneously scoring was a spectacle in itself. As an added bonus, we got to see Kagami execute some of the slickest drives this series has seen thus far. With a combination of lightning fast passes and fancy footwork, he was weaving in-between everyone without a moment of hesitation.

Full Circle

While I’m willing to bet the show is waiting for the finale before finally showing us that the basketball which Kuroko plays is the truest way to play, it was nice to see a little foreshadowing of what’s to come. The biggest shock was probably watching Aomine shed some tears as he realized just how much he cast away and just how incorrect it was to do so. Realizing that it takes more than one person to truly win a game of basketball and that without your team, it’s impossible to reach an even higher level.

True Akashi and Looking Ahead

Just like I said last week, this would be the time when Akashi would prove whether or not he would be a likeable character — and he passed the test with flying colors. Casting aside that arrogant attitude of his, but not giving up on his beliefs that he is absolute best, it was a blast seeing him in his final form. Hopefully things don’t get too ridiculous next week. But with the last few seconds ticking down, it looks like it’ll be a race to the finish! Everyone’s pulled out all that they’ve got and now it’s just a question of whose style of basketball will reign supreme. Knowing out Seirin boys though, it’s best never to count them out when they’re down since that’s when they’re at their best!

See you next week! Also due to a SNAFU, the end card is the last cap for this week’s episode. ヾ(*´ー`)ノ

June 20, 2015 at 8:43 pm
  • June 20, 2015 at 8:56 pmKuroko hype \o/ captain

God-tier animation this episode. Seirin’s true zone. <3

So much feels this ep. Even Badass Aomine was in tears. ;_;

I'm so glad to see Ogiwara back. I was hoping for a reunion w/Kuroko at the end of Teiko arc.

• June 20, 2015 at 9:09 pmKuroko hype \o/ captain

Some gifs of my favorite scenes:
      Kagami to Kuroko pass
      Kagami vs 2
      Kagami dunk

• June 20, 2015 at 10:25 pmKenpachi Fried Chicken

Amazing! The animators were high on LSD while doing this episode.

• June 21, 2015 at 12:38 amHeike

KnB is one of the shows where you can confidently say the adaptation is better than the source material. The Zone 2.0 scenes were great examples of the anime blowing the manga out of the water.

• June 21, 2015 at 1:21 amKuroko hype \o/ captain

Well I think sports or any action series is always better in animation form than manga/novels.

• June 21, 2015 at 3:14 pmYuri

Production I.G just blew my mind. They really stepped up their game these last three episodes.

• June 21, 2015 at 5:50 amJames

Right till the end KnB is going to keep us on the edge of our seat in suspense. I honestly couldn’t see how Kagami could get any faster and stronger than he already was last week so I’m glad opening the 2nd gate was more of a Zone Teamplay rather than improved Kagami skills. Also loved how emotional it got for a moment.

• June 21, 2015 at 10:23 ambell

Seirin is honestly the best team ever! The power of friendship conquers all!

• June 21, 2015 at 9:06 amesdesu

I wonder what kind of budget the studio had? This was one of the most amazing episodes, not just in Season 3, but the entire KnB series. The team zone being the ultimate zone is kind of cheesy, but at the same time it makes complete sense bec in real life thats how basketball works.

• June 21, 2015 at 10:14 amchibi-killua

In terms of animation, I think this episode was the best. There’s less than a minute left so I’m not sure if next week’s finale is going to top this.

• June 20, 2015 at 9:03 pmPTYW

I have always thought about this but this episode has confirmed it…..KnB is the real Basketball RPG! All those skill moves~~~

And who makes up these skill names???? the moment they used Zone 2, Akashi immediately says “Direct Drive Zone”

• June 21, 2015 at 10:25 ambell

Names? Obviously Tadatoshi Fujimaki. And If KnB had an RPG game, I would really play it.

• June 20, 2015 at 9:44 pmPtolemaios00

• June 20, 2015 at 9:59 pmAomine the Ace

How can a show about basketball be this intense?! I thought nothing could top last week’s episode but I was wrong. The feels hit me deep when Aomine was thinking about how he abandoned Kuroko.

Akashi is not going down without a fight. I can’t believe this is ending next week.

• June 21, 2015 at 9:33 amthomas

Sick animation. The true zone is awesome, and Aomine tearing up added some sentimental points to the episode. Gonna miss this anime :(

• June 21, 2015 at 10:49 amKaye

Everyone’s acting out of character. Murisakibara blushing, Aomine crying, Midorima’s cheering. lol

• June 20, 2015 at 11:06 pmWarriorsHeart

• June 20, 2015 at 11:17 pmCraig

Why was Kuroko the gatekeeper? Is he also the gatekeeper for Aomine and the other GoM?

• June 20, 2015 at 11:23 pmTakaii

I think he’s only the gatekeeper for Aomine and Kagami. I’m sure the other GoM have other obstacles to overcome.

But god damn, I started getting a little teary when Aomine realized the impact of what he did.

• June 21, 2015 at 9:07 amesdesu

Probably because according to Ogiwara, only Kuroko can melt the GoM’s hearts and make them enjoy basketball again.

• June 21, 2015 at 12:27 amCoffeeBean

This is the space jam I’ve been waiting for

• June 21, 2015 at 3:11 amSilke

This episode was just perfect. The animation was orgasmic, it seriously looked like they were playing basketball in space. I want to give the animators a huge thanks for this ep.

It was very emotional seeing Kuroko’s old friend at the game. I’m glad Ogiwara was there for Kuroko right when he needed him the most. And OMG when Aomine cried. Damn I never knew he was capable of crying.

• June 21, 2015 at 4:25 amquinn

Even the basketball went into the ZONE.

• June 21, 2015 at 5:28 amCaspi

I guess that’s the closest we will ever get to seeing Kuroko in the zone.

• June 21, 2015 at 12:15 pmpotatogurl

Ogiwara is the best! He came and gave Kuroko the push he needed. And Aominecchi cried. That moment when an anime about basketball makes you cry. *sniff*

• June 21, 2015 at 3:27 amHitler-kun

Its funny how the crowd betrayed Rakuzan and started cheering for Seiren instead. LMAO Poor Rakuzan.
    No one on wants them to win.

• June 21, 2015 at 3:13 pmYuri

It was so cool when all the GoM members were shouting and cheering for Seirin to win.

• June 21, 2015 at 4:23 amquinn

The Direct Drive Zone vs Wi-Fi Zone. Kagami’s speed and dunk was awesome.

• June 21, 2015 at 4:28 am/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

I hope everyone noticed Murasakibara being a tsundere. I guess he’s loyal to Akashi till the end.

• June 21, 2015 at 12:10 pmpotatogurl

Aww Murasakibara is the cutest.

• June 21, 2015 at 7:07 amemd23

Akashi stopped Kagami’s music Aizen style and shit on him.

Zone Akashi = True Zone Kagami.

It’s been a consistent pattern this match.

Regular Akashi can hang with Zone Kagami. Real Akashi can hang with Zone Kagami and Kuroko. Real Akashi in Zone ankle broke True ZONE Kagami.

And all of that aded with Akashi’s own statement that he forced himself to be better than the other GOM so he could control them and people will still argue Akashi isn’t the best of the GOM.

• June 21, 2015 at 9:40 amthomas

Obviously Akashi or Aomine is the best of the GoM. A match between these 2 would be the best.

• June 21, 2015 at 8:30 amRule of Nature

Everybody get up it’s time to slam now

We got a real jam goin’ down

Welcome to the Space Jam

• June 21, 2015 at 2:46 pmSexyNoJutsu

The court animation is very cool. I like that it didn’t end with Seirin gaining momentum but Akashi rising up and making Kagami fall down again. The Emperor won’t lose so easily.

• June 21, 2015 at 10:52 pmReikakou

This production value from Production I.G. simply blows away every other studio even Ufotable and their UBW. Yes. I said it.

This leave me in total bliss and satisfaction. The author of the manga should be really proud on how the studio adapted this climatic scene of his work.

I’m already having some goosebumps on how Production I.G. will adapt the season 2 of Haikyuu (which should be their come back arc given that they lost in the season 1) since the next arc of KnB would take a long while for it to be animated.

Excuse me. Rewatching it to experience being blown away again… Can’t get enough of this.

• June 28, 2015 at 11:20 pmrandom viewer

Once this stage is finished I’m watching the Rakuzan vs. Seirin again! So awesome!