Summer 2016 Schedule »« Winter 2016 Schedule

Tonkatsu DJ Agetarou
22:15 MX (4/10)
Sailor Moon Crystal 3rd Season
23:00 MX (4/4)
Bishoujo Yuugi Unit Crane Game
22:00 MX (4/6)
Netoge no Yome wa Onnanoko ja Nai to Omotta?
23:00 AT-X (4/7)

Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday
Bleach
Weekly Shounen Jump
Hunter X Hunter
Weekly Shounen Jump
Legend: 1 1

Now that every show has had 2-3 episodes to prove itself, it’s time to tell you what we’ll be blogging this season. This is Random Curiosity’s Spring 2016 blogging schedule.

As always, this is a tentative overview of our plans for the new season … is what I used to say, but with 2-3 episodes under our belts we’re pretty confident in our picks. Will some of them blow up in our faces? Probably. But this is what we’re going with.

However, that doesn’t mean this list is absolutely final. Takkun is contemplating an additional pickup, so if that or anything else changes, we’ll edit this post accordingly.

In staff news, Zephy is back! *blows party streamer* Because of course he is, there’s a Macross series airing, how could he not be? But we’re happy to have him posting weekly again all the same. Now quick, somebody get me one of those ball and chain anklet thingees so he can never get away again.

In show news, I think we’re hitting most of the high notes this season. I know, I know, you wanted us to blog Wagamama High Spec, but it just wasn’t in the cards. Sorry, fans who have absolutely horrid taste. I kid, I kid! (Note: Stilts is not kidding.) The big surprise is in the manga world, where Enzo has picked up Hunter X Hunter! Wait, no, I said that wrong—the big news is that there are new chapters of the Hunter X Hunter manga for Enzo to cover! (I don’t read it, and even I know that’s a big deal.) Hopefully that will make up for not blogging Jojo, for which you can blame, uh, Jig? Let’s go with Jig.

On Bungou Stray Dogs, we apologize for the interruption in coverage. Cherrie will start it off with an episode 2-3-4 post next week. Normally we’d keep blogging a show that a few of us were considering picking up, but the beginning of the season always seems to come at a busy time and we dropped the ball on that one. Sorry about that, we’ll do better next time.

That’s it for now. If there are any changes, this post will be updated. Thank you once again for your continued support, your engaging comments, and your silent judgment when we post late. Let’s have another good season of nerding out over anime together!

April 24, 2016 at 12:11 am
  • April 24, 2016 at 12:27 amGuile

No Kumamiko, huh? Bummer.

• April 24, 2016 at 6:26 amFujihita

IKR? Judging from the first three episodes, Kumamiko is likely going to be the best comedy this season. The Dancing Kumamiko no.38 Kamioroshi is awesome, I watched it four times already and I loled every time. It’s a shame that RC won’t cover it. Now I’ll have to look elsewhere for explanations on some of the Japanese culture in-jokes.

• April 24, 2016 at 10:34 amStilts

As I say every season, we can’t cover everything, some things are going to get left out, etc. Takkun intro’d Kumamiko but wasn’t vibing on it as much as he wanted, so he opted not to cover it. I’m enjoying it myself, woulda been cool to see it blogged, but I’d rather Takkun and everyone else were covering shows they were excited to cover. Etc.

That ED is infectious, though. It’s been stuck in my head for three days.

• April 24, 2016 at 12:58 amSkins Thhunderbomb

What happened to Sailor Moon Crystal? :o

• April 24, 2016 at 3:43 pmCherrie

Unfortunately I will not be blogging it this season. Although this sequel is certainly better, there’s only so many shows that I can do every season =(

• April 24, 2016 at 1:18 amPlayer

Wow, I think this is the first season all the shows that interest me are being blogged (Hero Academia, Re:Zero, Netoge, Mayoiga, AssClass, Kabaneri). 16 shows is an impressive amount, so good luck to all the bloggers.

• April 24, 2016 at 3:15 amewok40k

pretty same here, all 7 shows i do watch got covered

• April 24, 2016 at 10:35 amStilts

Glad to hear that!

• April 24, 2016 at 2:48 pmLyfe

Echoing that sentiment, though I’m behind on a few shows already. Best of luck to everyone covering the shows on here!

• April 24, 2016 at 3:15 amNishizawa Mihashi

No Kumamiko and Bakuon!!…

//Blows Steam :V

• April 24, 2016 at 3:21 amMi-Chan

Go Cherrie =) Bungou Stray Dogs is officially one of my fave this season and I think I’m developing a guilty crush on an anime char -.-’..

• April 24, 2016 at 3:46 amWorldwidedepp

sadly some of my favorites show are not cover, but i try to post here my usually “SMS” comments of them. but i do not give an guarantee for that, because of work load

• April 24, 2016 at 3:52 amWorldwidedepp

some of my favorites that are not covert:
      Bakuon!! (Girls und Bikes!)
      Ushio to Tora 2nd Season (well it’s the 2nd season)
      Uchuu Patrol Luluco (no SMS guarantee here, because of its shortness)
      Gakusen Toshi Asterisk 2nd Season (even if this 2nd Season is all about this tournament. Naruto done this too in the past)

my favorites that are covert (i try to bite my tongue to wait for the postings):
      Boku no Hero Academia
      Ansatsu Kyoushitsu 2nd Season (sadly i spoiled me with the Manga)
      Hai-Furi (Girls und Schiffe/Ships)
      Flying Witch (Kiki’s delivering Service in today with an grown up and slice of life)

• April 24, 2016 at 3:54 amWorldwidedepp

ups forgotten

Kumamiko

is also my favorite

• April 25, 2016 at 12:41 amRyuutobi

My favorites that get covered:
        - My Hero Academia
        - Netoge no Yome
        - Re:Zero
        - Sousei no Onmyouji

The uncovered ones:
        - Gakusen Toshi Asterisk S2
        - Kuma Miko
        - Magi:Sinbad no Bouken

• April 24, 2016 at 4:38 ampinnacke

YAY THEY PICKED UP HAIFURI

• April 24, 2016 at 4:54 amzztop

No Sailor Moon and Asterisk War? I thought they’d be the most popular picks.

• April 24, 2016 at 5:30 amJeffers

haifuri is the hidden nuke that will definitely explode with awesomeness which is why i am not surprised that it will be picked. most of the shows i consider rich in plot were picked. so props too randomc bloggers… those are good choices.

• April 24, 2016 at 6:13 amSteven Den Beste

HaiFuri is a badly-contrived ripoff of Girls und Panzer. It makes no sense at all.

• April 24, 2016 at 6:54 amSamu

It’s hardly a rip-off when they share the same writer/series composer, no?

• April 24, 2016 at 7:01 ammac65

My hopes that Hai-Furi would be something intriguing were
        somewhat crushed with this third episode.

I though our young captain was walked all over this episode
        by her second in command, and it seemed that events unfolded
        as though they were gleamed from a dartboard of ideas from a
        player with poor aim.

Oh well…

• April 24, 2016 at 7:41 amJeffers

Good point out Samu… They have the same writer so what rip off? And as a matter of fact technically all animes are rip off from other animes. So whats the big deal with that?

@Mac well to me the series is still intriguing even after episode 3. The main issue of why are they firing at each other is still not clear. Its mind-boggling because I cant predict what may happen next other than the possibility that the BFFs might fire at each other later on the story. A destroyer vs a Yamato class battleship. Thats something I hope to see

• April 24, 2016 at 8:42 amPasserby

I would say that it’s only superficially Girls und Panzer, really. And, personally, I’m of the opinion that the less an anime tries to explain itself the better.

• April 24, 2016 at 6:35 amRaiu

Love you Cherrie, picking up BSG and Re:Zero!

Wow! Except for Concrete Revolutio and Shonen Maid, I’m watching all the other shows that will be blogged.

More powah RC!

• April 24, 2016 at 8:38 amPasserby

This just means you should watch Concrete Revolutio. As should everyone, really.

(I’m not biased.)

• April 24, 2016 at 2:43 pmLyfe

You should check Shounen Maid out, it’s quite good!

• April 24, 2016 at 6:40 amJayDrink

Yay, Re: Zero! I was worried that no one would pick it up after Stilts’ unsureness during the first three episodes.

Looking forward to your impressions on it, Cherrie! Was kinda hoping you’d pick up Big Order too but.. almost all shows I’m watching this season are being covered so I’m not gonna complain.

• April 24, 2016 at 3:45 pmCherrie

Weekend shows are tough for me so I try to avoid them when I can in all honesty =( However, I’ll still be watching so there may be a final post on it!

• April 24, 2016 at 8:58 amyoloalchemist

Thanks a lot you guys! Everything I was hoping for is being covered.

• April 24, 2016 at 9:37 amHeisenberg

Haifuri is now my first priority since no jojo coverage.

• April 24, 2016 at 9:53 amsealouse

Oh someone picked up BSG. I’m assuming that means episodes 2 and 3 will get posted.

• April 24, 2016 at 9:54 amsealouse

I meant BSD >.>

• April 24, 2016 at 10:37 amStilts

As I mentioned in the paragraphs, Cherrie will do an episode 2-3-4 post next week.

• July 18, 2016 at 10:43 amKacy

luna bars are soooooo amazing like candy bars. but personally i do71#82&n;t think you should eat a snack if you can’t sleep ive read eating something before bed or when you wake up in the night makes falling asleep more difficult

• April 24, 2016 at 10:08 amBotan

Aside lack of Tanakun-kun, I am content with your pick ups.

• April 24, 2016 at 10:19 ammine

Glad that Shounen Maid is being covered. I ignored it completely and didn’t even watch any pvs after seeing that weird name (unfortunate prejudice), but decided to give it a try when I was bored. Love it so far, and love the lineup for spring. The only show that I’m watching that’s not covered is Tanaka-kun, but that kind of comedy isn’t for everyone I guess. Thanks everyone at RC! ^ ^

• April 24, 2016 at 2:46 pmLyfe

I went into Shounen Maid blind too and loved it. Sometimes you just need to give a show a chance, it may surprise you.

• April 24, 2016 at 10:31 amPurpleBomber

I’m a little surprised at the lack of Sakamoto (though not terribly since I can imagine that being really hard to blog), but otherwise I’d say good picks all around. Looking forward to another fun season.

• April 24, 2016 at 12:06 pmAtalla

I’m surprised Takaii didn’t pick up Tanaka-kun (it’s slice-of-life-y), and Cherrie didn’t pick up Sailor Moon. Doesn’t she LOVE Sailor Moon?! I also thought Enzo might’ve picked up 12-sai, but I can see it being difficult to blog about every week. Same with Asterisk in full battle-mode.

I haven’t watched Sansha Sanyou except the first. Is it not holding up well to the previous show by that person? (Words escape me…)

• April 24, 2016 at 3:46 pmCherrie

I do think this season of Sailor Moon Crystal is a lot better than the last but I can’t commit to 3 shows a season =( and sometimes I’d like to branch out to talk about different things ^^

• April 24, 2016 at 6:12 pmTakaii

There’s too many good shows this season :(

I might take another peek at Tanaka-san. I didn’t like the beginning all that much, but it got much better pretty quickly.

That and the seiyuu in there just.. god so good.

• April 24, 2016 at 12:51 pmNoragami!

Wooow. No Jojo, no Tanaka-kun, no Ace Attorney, and no Sakamoto. Kinda surprised at the lack of Jojo tbh — I imagine the rest are hard to blog about though

• April 24, 2016 at 1:08 pmSamu

To be honest, Jojo is hard to blog as well. As great as it is, there’s not much variety between the episodes. While P4 is obviously different from what came before, once you get past that it’d be very hard to seriously talk about it for 39 weeks. Or at least it would be for me, so I can’t commit to that sort of show. It’s so much easier to just watch it rather than have to talk about it.

• April 24, 2016 at 2:42 pmLyfe

It’s a shame you decided not to continue with Super Lovers on here, but I can understand why though. Many of the comments were objections about the shows subject matter rather than discussing the show.

• April 24, 2016 at 5:36 pmCroos

I wave you Zephyr!!
    Thanks for taking Macross.

• April 24, 2016 at 11:11 pmquigonkenny

Shame to not see any love for Cerberus or Hundred. Yeah, they’re not exactly high-brow, but there’s fun to be had with them, particularly Cerberus, with its “cheap 80′s Saturday morning cartoon” feel. Not surprised at no Asterisk coverage. Season 2s of anime that aren’t “event” anime rarely get much love in the blogging fandom. Quite surprised at no Swagamoto coverage…yet…since that strikes me as one of those “event” anime, at least for this season. That cast is crazy good.

That’s it for what I’m watching that you guys (probably) aren’t blogging. Looking forward to seeing your thoughts on Kiznaiver (assuming it doesn’t get too into itself), Kabaneri (ditto), Academia, and NetoYome, and comparing them with my own.

• April 25, 2016 at 12:29 pmWiley

well I am happy that re: zero gets blogged, so all is well ^^

• April 25, 2016 at 2:45 pmChloesong

TY RC staff! All the shows I’m interested in this season are being covered, so I’m happy.

Ty for the continued coverage, effort, and time spent. Much appreciated<3

• April 25, 2016 at 3:46 pmCherrie

And thank you for reading and taking the time to comment =)

• April 27, 2016 at 10:01 pmKingdragun