Fuuka – 10 »« Fuuka – 08

Fuuka – 09

「デート!」 (Deeto!)
“Date!”

That escalated even quicker.

C-C-Couple?!

Even after watching the episode a second time just to make sure I didn’t miss anything, I’m still a little in shock that Yuu and Koyuki are a couple. Last I remember, I thought this was a story about Yuu and Fuuka becoming that disgustingly cute couple after overcoming a few trials here and there. And from their rocky start to everything that happened up to last week’s episode, it felt like we were right on track for something fantastic to happen.

Except, it didn’t. Now, don’t get me wrong. When given a choice between the new love interest and the childhood friend, I’m always team osananajimi. While I’d like to have a grand reason for being on that team, like something about how the bonds and relationships at a younger age are more fairytale like and therefore more “authentic”, it’s probably more so the fact that the childhood friend more usually than not ends up getting screwed in some way or form. But in Fuuka’s case, I found it a bit strange that I was feeling for Fuuka more than Koyuki. Especially when you consider that Fuuka started actively pushing Yuu away because she promised Koyuki she’d be rooting for her one-sided love. All of which turns into a strange heaviness that pushes on my chest whenever we see Fuuka doing her best to avoid too much contact with Yuu. Or maybe it’s just the fact that everyone seems to be handling the situation rather maturely. That said, the show is making it painfully obvious that Mikasa can tell how Fuuka is feeling and will probably bring it up sometime soon.

The Band

While I’m sure the band will be a prime source of stress and a little drama in the weeks to come, I’m glad to see that The Fallen Moon has become a rather safe and welcoming space for our main cast of characters. Plus, compared to what we’ve already seen (and what happens in real life), I hope that the band can continue to be a positive place for our characters even with the threat of drama looming over its head.

Looking Ahead

With the end of the season quickly heading toward us, I can’t wait to see where things go from here. Based off of the comments as well as what I’ve accidentally read due to not being careful enough, it looks like things might be different than what originally happens which would be a nice bonus for both the anime-only and manga readers. In any case, stay safe from any hazards and I’ll see you then!

P.S. Man everyone was too damn cute this week.

February 25, 2017 at 4:44 pm
  • February 25, 2017 at 4:55 pmTakala

cant say i feel happy about where this is heading

• February 25, 2017 at 4:57 pmTrippwire

Literally every time I see Fuuka or Koyuki by themselves I’m like, “watch out for that [ ]“

• February 25, 2017 at 6:17 pmmailman

Wow, it went totally different direction from Manga. It is safe to say spoiler tags are useless now for this show.

• February 25, 2017 at 6:51 pmsjb

That is a different direction… But this is still called Fuuka and not Koyuki

• February 26, 2017 at 12:41 amkonart

Yeah, can’t run from “Fate”.

• February 26, 2017 at 9:50 pmManly Tear

I definitely enjoyed this more toned down episode too and I certainly don’t mind Yuu going out with Koyuki! It’s not just the typical childhood friend relationship due to her being a freaking famous singer & all. Will her songs change now that her unrequited love is now being answered? Will they be as good? And what of her reputation now that she’s dating someone(fans can still be obnoxious about that…)? All that makes their relationship rather special and perhaps more interesting than what would Yuu have with Fuuka.

Then again, it’s a Seo work so spicing things up ain’t an issue, but rather that he tends to spice things up too much :P

• February 27, 2017 at 2:58 amJuan

Well they really went down a different road with this episode. If anything it follows Suzuka more at this point….

Well honestly was rooting for Koyuki for the longest time so I guess I can’t say I’m unhappy at this point, but for any Seo female character, this is really the worst position to be in so well…..

Anyway lets see how much they digress from the actual story line given the presumably 3 episodes remaining

• February 27, 2017 at 9:18 amSyaoran Li

Don’t mess this up ok.

• February 27, 2017 at 5:24 pmsjb

Have a feeling that the studio is going to leap over a large chunk of about a 100 chapters or so of the manga and..

• February 28, 2017 at 7:56 pmScruffy

So merge Show Spoiler ▼

That might actually work!!

• March 2, 2017 at 11:54 pmCraig McLeod

To deny the holy envoy its purpose?!

There isn’t an Exterminatus powerful enough for such heresy!