School trip to Kyoto! Kagami receives a confession letter! SHIRAISHI RETURNS FROM THE G(A)RRRRRRAVE
– It’s time to don the winter seifuku again – but it’s still hot out! Shouldn’t people have the freedom to choose what they wear? It’s all the same uniform anyways…
– Some parents like to go through their kids’ email and cell phone logs to see what they’ve been up to – no need to worry about the Hiiragi family, but what about all of Konata’s shady dealings? No need to worry, she says – my dad has plenty more stuff he needs to keep hidden…
Kagami> It’s time to go to Comiket again, isn’t it…
Tsukasa> COMIKET!? T_T
Konata> Hyaa… would’ve been lonely without you two~
Kagami> How much are you gonna spend this time?
Konata> Hmm… at 1000 yen per two books… around 50,000 yen?
Other random happenings this episode:
– Minami meets Yui-neesan…. and Yui’s jiggly “twins”
– Tsukasa tries to take an early nap in order to wake up to study… and sleeps all the way through
– Yutaka makes the trek into the third years’ floor to delivery Konata’s bento
– Patty appearance!
– Always seeking inspiration, Hiyori gets great ideas at the most inopportune times – and completely forgets them by the time she picks up her pencil and paper…
– There’s a really cute girl sitting next to Kuroi-sensei on the bus – anyone know who this is? I’m guessing it’s someone that appeared in the manga or the game….
– Tsukasa gets some crackers to feed the deer – and gets mauled by bambi’s entire extended family. Conclude with a shot of piles of deer shit (LOL) and a Tsukasa soaked in deer slobber. Or maybe thats not saliva…
– Deer are attracted to crackers eh… Konata waves a cracker in Kagami’s face. Cmere, cmere~
– Tsukasa asked to take a picture for three Indian tourists – how do you “say cheese” in Hindi? Oh, wait… they speak English in India…
– The four girls go sightseeing! Kyoto is a major tourist location because of its abundance of temples and shrines, each of them with its own unique point of attraction.
– Kagami finds a cute keychain at a gift shop and decides to buy it. Looks just like the character on those “qoo” drinks
– Shiraishi gets left behind as the bus takes off. WAAAIIITTTT
– On her way off the bus, Kagami notices a note has been slipped into her bag. “Meet me in front of the hotel tonight. I have something important I want to tell you. from, some guy.” DEREDERE MODE, ON!
– Sitting there bathed in the glow of the evening streetlight, Kagami awaits for her fated encounter. A dark figure emerges from the darkness – it’s a boy – he stops in front of her, gazing at her yearning eyes. “There’s something I have to say to you… it can only be you, Hiiragi…” he starts. A long pause, as if he were gathering up all his courage to say the magic words: “can you give me that doll please!!”
– eh? “The one you bought at the gift shop – it’d be embarrassing if I was saw buying one, so can you give me yours!!” …orz
– The final day of the trip is spent hanging out in the city, where Konata drags everyone along for a trip to the anime store and the Kyoto Animation studios. They do the same pose as the one in the OP!
– Some purikura action – Kagami is embarrassed about it – what could it be?
The episode finishes things off with a scene of Kuroi-sensei logging online for a fresh round of MMO raiding – only to find that the servers are down for maintenance. Going to sleep early again T_T
Lucky Channel 21:
Ono Daisuke is the special announcer today again – they’re about to kick things into gear when… hey, who the hell is that … SHIRAISHI??? His disheveled hair, his tattered clothes, the unsightly body hair creeping all over his body… he’s been to hell and back for… a bottle of natural spring water. Akira takes a sniff… takes a drink… ICKKK as she spits it out and throw the rest at Shiraishi.
*snap* AGHHHHHHHHHH YOU GOTTA BE KIDDIN MEEEEEEE
Quite possibly the greatest meltdown caught on camera – ever! The Lucky Channel stage is torn to bits, Akira left in a shattered pile of gripping fear. What will happen to Lucky Channel??
Shiraishi Minoru ED
ED: 「シカイダーの唄」 (Shikaider no Uta) by 白石稔 (Shiraishi Minoru)
WELCOME TO IDAHO!!!!! Shiraishi and Akira get superhero and save the world from evil drill-fearing aliens!
Preview: Daisuke’s crow and Akira’s picopico have a little chat
This episode was the combination of everything good about Lucky Star, and what an amazing triumph it was. Not only did we get to see the unique sides of each character, but also how well they mesh together. The level of chemistry between the characters of Lucky Star is something I haven’t seen in any anime… ever… and it just makes the experience all the more entertaining. Watching the four make their way around the sites of Kyoto was an absolute joy – it felt like I was a part of their group, as just one of the gang – make no mistake, this was a very deliberate move by the staff to show off just how far along we as the audience has come along in befriending these characters.
And how about Kagami’s day of romantic anxiety? The moment she picked up that “love note” and scampered off, I knew something epic was about to happen. The great part about it was that it didn’t stop at just Kagami – notice Konata’s sensitivity to her mood changes as well! Konata and Kagami may always been taking jabs at each other, but when Kagami seemed to be a bit faraway, Konata noticed, and made a purikura message to cheer her up. What other animation studio can weave such subplots in so masterfully?
No, it’s not “funny” in the traditional sense – the level of humor and sheer enjoyment has transcended simple laugh out loud and crossed into that ethereal realm of holistic amusement. And it accomplished this by staying the course, always remaining consistent in their own direction while providing fans with tasty morsels of instant gratification along the way.
Lucky Star is hanging out with your best friends. Lucky Star is that perfect date you go on with your significant other. Lucky Star is that moment of magic that happens when everybody is on the exact same page, reading that wondrous story in symphonic harmony.
Lucky Star is love.
yea, I’m gar for lucky star. so shoot me, at least i’ll die happy.