Kimikiss pure rouge – 01 »« Goshuushou-sama Ninomiya-kun – 01

Taiho Shichauzo: Full Throttle – 01

OP Sequence

OP: 「マイティー・バディ」 (Mighty Buddy) by AA-CHINO
Watch the OP! Mirror 1, Mirror 2

First things first: this show is NOT about yuri policewomen!!! Now then…

The series start off with what appears to be a direct continuation of the show’s Second Season – that is, Miyuki ending her LAPD exchange program and Natsumi completing her special training with the Self Defense Forces of Japan. Miyuki leaves her LAPD comrades and bids farewell to them at the airport, and checks in her luggage. Here, she meets a polite young boy who allows Natsumi to check-in her baggage first (“ladies first”) and they end up sitting in the same row on the plane.

Once aboard the plane, Miyuki relaxes and reads over a letter from Natsumi that talks about their coworkers back at the Bokuto Police Station (it also mentioned Saori from Season 1 & 2 being transferred to a completely new police station somewhere else). With that done, Miyuki turns on her laptop and plays… Bomber Run (the anime world equivalent of Bomber Man perhaps?). This captures the interest of the child passenger next to her, and with a little convincing, the two players face off, only to have the poor boy getting defeated successively.

Tired from all the time spent on video games, Miyuki and the boy has a little conversation (he introduces himself as Randy). Randy mentions his mother also having the name Miyuki (which effectively makes him half-Japanese and half-American) and passionately talks about his interest in visiting the various Japanese castles…which are full of samurai. ^^; Randy also mentions his desire to be able to live independently and protect the ones he love, which grabs Miyuki’s intrigue. Natsumi, meanwhile, departs from the military training camp in the woods and asks her driver to stop by a cafeteria-style restaurant to satisfy her voracious appetite.

Miyuki arrives at Narita airport and heads back home, but stops as she sees Randy sitting by himself. Randy claims that no one is there to pick him up, and curiously asks if it is possible to walk to Tokyo from the airport (note: although Narita Airport is usually recognized as Tokyo’s international airport, it is in reality almost 60 km/37 miles away from the city’s central hub). A concerned Miyuki offers to bring Randy to the city, but a large, burly gaijin man appears before them and drags Randy off with the badly made reason of “We are looking for him.”

Taking no time in assessing that the man is a kidnapper, Miyuki hurls a large suitcase (that is not hers) and knocks off the criminal. She quickly leads Randy outside of the airport, and with no time to lose, “borrows” another person’s minivan and leaves the scene. The kidnapper follows suit, as he gets on a car driven by his accomplice; Nakajima-kun, who is in charge of welcoming back to Miyuki back to Japan also chases after them on his police motorcycle. Highway chase, anyone? ;)

While on the highway, Randy declares his full name, Randy Hammond, and talks about how he is being pursued by people with malicious intent. This revelation brings a news flashback for Miyuki, in which she remembers the Hammonds being a family of status and wealth – with Randy being its direct heir.

The criminal duo, desperate to nab the inheritor of the Hammond fortune, starts firing at the car Miyuki is driving, and successfully stops the pursuing police cars. All this commotion naturally gets noticed, and a helicopter airing footage of the chase on tv catches Natsumi’s attention…

The chase shifts to a different metropolitan highway (Nakajima-kun is left behind), with Miyuki aiming to bring the alleged kidnappers directly into the Bokuto Police Station. She finally reunites here with Natsumi, who gracefully leaps into the minivan right off her motorbike (Randy: “Wow! She’s like a ninja!”). The two successfully traps the kidnappers’ car into the barrage of police cars near the Bokuto Police Station, resulting in the villains’ car leaping into midair and miserably crashing down. Kidnappers, you two are under arrest! :-P

Un-policewomanlike conduct by NatsuMiyu this episode:

• Miyuki using the treasure-filled suitcase of an otaku to knock-off one of the kidnappers
  • Miyuki “borrowing” a yellow minivan that doesn’t belong to her
  • Natsumi closing in on the criminals’ car with her motorbike, and kicking one of the kidnappers in the face
  • Some sharp driving maneuvers that leave the borrowed minivan in shambles by the end of the episode
  • Clarification: To the best of my knowledge, Japanese police officers are *technically* not given the ability to commandeer private property such as cars (Japanese military personnel do have this ability, but can only do so under certain guidelines and only when they are on duty). Thanks for bringing this up Kiltmaster!

ED Sequence

ED: 「1/2」 by 石川智晶 (Ishikawa Chiaki)
    Watch the ED!: Mirror 1, Mirror 2

The OP is a standard J-techno piece that fits in nicely with the overall theme and atmosphere (even the lyrics are appropriate for the show). The ED, however, is not something I’m too fond of. The animation accompanying the ED is considerably misleading as well, because Taiho Shichauzo was not, is not, and will not be about yuri policewomen (ahaha…). Those familiar with the franchise – including myself – should be well aware, after all, that Miyuki will forever be paired with Nakajima-kun, while Natsumi is either smitten with her superior, Kachou, or Lt. Toukairin Shouji (who may or may not appear this season).

Miyuki and her impeccable driving ability that will make any special agent jealous. Check. Natsumi kicking butt. Check. Yoriko (VA: Kozakura Etsuko) still sounding like she’s 13. Check. Criminals getting arrested by the end of the episode. Check. All the things that made Taiho Shichauzo entertaining for me when I first watched it on TBS at the age of 8 is still present, and all is well. The same veteran seiyuus that brought Miyuki and Natsumi to life (voiced by Hiramatsu Akiko and Tamagawa Sakiko, respectively) are still able to portray the dynamic duo convincingly just like when the show first aired so many years ago. (Now, if only the Slayers will be reanimated with a 4th season, will my anime life be truly complete…) Taiho Shichauzo was never too heavy or philosophical, but it’s definitely entertaining if you give it the chance. It is not recommended however, for lovers of outrageous fanservice. The closest thing to fanservice you’ll probably ever get is the ED. ^^;

Preview:

Next Time: Miyuki looks alarmed. Natsumi takes a non-fanservice shower. Randy faces the difficulty of being the chibified, more responsible anime counterpart of Stavros Niarchos III.

October 5, 2007 at 3:37 am
    • October 5, 2007 at 3:50 amshh227

Is it me or is this yuri?

• October 5, 2007 at 4:00 amAssone

Yuri who Yuri?
      So this is the 3rd season they been talking about.

• October 5, 2007 at 4:05 amfugue

what is UP with the ED? :P specifically the first screencap

• October 5, 2007 at 4:09 amshh227

• October 5, 2007 at 4:24 amSyaoran Li

Well, since I never read the manga, I don’t know if this episode, or the entire series, will come from it; that’s why we’ve two possibilities with that ED sequence. First, they wanted to pay something back to all the fans who consider Miyuki and Natsumi a couple, or second; is some kind of indicator for this new season’s direction.

Sorry Nakayima-kun, I want you to f-k off.

• October 5, 2007 at 4:39 ammutio

Yuri?? And action?? Together??? This may be interesting :D

• October 5, 2007 at 4:41 amHypernova

With the ED – “The yuri is strong in these two.”

• October 5, 2007 at 4:47 amfugue

just watched the ED. Natsumi was saving her from a burning house – nothing *naughty* heh heh

• October 5, 2007 at 4:53 amAvexMode

Ahh this brings back memories. I remember watching the first season 13 years ago.

• October 5, 2007 at 5:00 amAvexMode

Err sorry 12 years ago. It was first aired in 1996. This is more like shojo than yuri anime to me. Not sure if the concept will stay the same for this one.

• October 5, 2007 at 5:09 amSailor Enlil

Unless this is an alternate storyline and not a sequel to the 2nd season, I highly doubt they’d pair Miyuki and Natsumi that way (as a yuri couple), since the 2nd season ended with Ken proposing to Miyuki (albeit losing the engagement ring into a ravine), whereas everyone (including Natsumi) were trying to get them together during the whole 1st and 2nd season (I should know – I have both seasons complete in DVD sets). And besides, in the anime Natsumi also had her own man (Shouji, the rappelling S&R guy and the only guy whose strength could match hers), while in the manga she pursued the Chief. My take is the scene of two ladies together the ED was just a fanservice thing.

• October 5, 2007 at 5:10 ambeep

wow many hope this is a yuri anime…hahahahah this is just nothing to me. don’t trust japs yuri at all..you’ll be disappointed

• October 5, 2007 at 5:13 amTenkaichi

From my knowledge, they are pretty straight. But I digress – It would be cute to pair them up, even if we can’t get the canon to do it.

• October 5, 2007 at 5:20 amfurinyue

it look like the show u are under arrest

• October 5, 2007 at 5:25 amsetsuke

The ending scenes looks like its copying Marimite 3rd season OVA ending scenes especially the way the hair and the almost most of the scenes infact it’s like a ripoff -.-

• October 5, 2007 at 5:41 amAnonymooo

I missed these girls. Now all we need are full-season series for Gunsmith Cats and Spriggan (and the rest of Hajime no Ippo) and my wishlist is complete.

• October 5, 2007 at 6:06 amrandomshinichi

Yes, this is You’re Under Arrest. I never heard of a second season, though. No, there’s no sexual stuff going on here, it’s probably just good old school anime without any moe or fanservice. Sure brings back memories…

• October 5, 2007 at 7:25 amchris

they sure look the same as the second season, animation quality is also still the same ah good old times… good old times… sure brings back a lot of memories…

• October 5, 2007 at 7:25 amNanami Kamimura

It’s a long time since I’ve seen the last of Miyuki and Natsumi and I’m glad these two are still at it together. Unfortunately, Saori isn’t in this ride (unless she blended into the background).

• October 5, 2007 at 7:49 amkols

finnaly something good this season

• October 5, 2007 at 8:22 amsilverwolf1492

I’ve never seen this anime… maybe i’ll take a look this year

• October 5, 2007 at 8:24 amwhatever

this anime is you are underarrest, come now guy,:D. btw , welcome back miyuki and natsumi

• October 5, 2007 at 8:55 amaspect

nah it’s not yuri. They both have boyfriends.

• October 5, 2007 at 9:05 amlinkinstreet

Spoiler for the manga

No yuri whatsoever

• October 5, 2007 at 9:40 amHudson

• October 5, 2007 at 10:10 amximpa

Last thing I’ve seen was the (horrible for me) movie. I pretty much refused to watch anything else after that. I’ll give a chance at this series, even though my appreciation for Fujishima and his works has sunk to the bottom since years ago.

• October 5, 2007 at 10:12 amhhv94

LMAO…Why do ppl assume Yuri. Feels about right to me with the way this opened. I’m looking forward to this. :)

• October 5, 2007 at 10:13 amhhv94

I can understand though given the look of the ED. Although I’ve never thought of this series that way. The team sure is gonna turn me off if this is the case.

• October 5, 2007 at 10:29 amUnknown Voice

Looks good enough. Since i have almost no shows to watch this season, I will surely watch this (you can call it fetish for hot female cops or just an affection to yuri)

• October 5, 2007 at 12:10 pmquigonkenny

“Is it me or is this yuri?”

Studio Deen executives’ response:
      “We are here to make ‘You’re Under Arrest!’ yuri. We are here to make everything yuri. Pinker than the pinkest pink, times infinity.”

• October 5, 2007 at 12:19 pmarigatou

Oh the memories when Natsumi first started, when Miyuki convery her feelings to Nakajima, the hotspring episode, when they rescued a stup girl from the hentai freaks and later it become a officer too. When Natsumi is deep in love with the mountain freak guy. When Natsumi and Miyuki got separated.

Now this is good to watch so I could finish the whole trilogy after many years have passed hope I don’t get disappointed.

• October 5, 2007 at 12:51 pmMari

Now I’m happy.Glad to see them back in “action”

• October 5, 2007 at 12:59 pmZzz…

Well the girls do look much sleeker this time around. Consider me in.

• October 5, 2007 at 1:27 pmJack149

It look like yuri especially ED. However, they both already have got their own boyfriends ……
      3th season look good qualify. I think I can enjoy with its…

• October 5, 2007 at 1:31 pmkenjiharima

the legendary foot breaks are back.

• October 5, 2007 at 3:11 pmmangaka-chan

I have fond memories of the manga. I think I’ll give this one a try. :)

• October 5, 2007 at 3:22 pmmangaka-chan

And is it just me or does the art have a Trinity Blood feel to it? Are the two done by the same studio?

• October 5, 2007 at 3:52 pmUnknown Voice

@mangaka-chan

Only how the eyes are similar. TB had a whole gothic-look on characters and I can’t really imagine it with such a vivid colors…
      Although it can be the same person who did char designs for Trinity Blood…this would explain the similarities…

• October 5, 2007 at 4:00 pmTokki

Even though it wasn’t Hentai I couldn’t help but think it was due to the character designs.

• October 5, 2007 at 4:59 pmasd 3.0

some of you must know when you see something stupid right infront of your faces right?

well this is it

no, no, no

itz a cop show

and they use cheap gimmicks

hell to this

• October 5, 2007 at 5:30 pmTotem

OMG I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU ON THE SLAYERS COMMENT!!

• October 5, 2007 at 6:29 pmBROOKLYN otaku

memories… la da dee dee da da daa ..LOOKS GREAT!! been feening for something with bad guys that SHOOT!!

• October 5, 2007 at 6:44 pmKiltMaster

pretty sure police are allowed to commender a civi vehicle to pursue a bad guy……

• October 5, 2007 at 7:17 pmKill you geek pervs

Yeah this series is back!

• October 5, 2007 at 7:36 pmTom

Is not Yuri because this anime is from the same creator of “Oh My Goddess”, one of my favorite anime of all time. If you know his style then you know ” You Are Under Arrest” never be about yuri.

• October 5, 2007 at 7:53 pmdodingdaga777

Guys seriously this show is not yuri . I have watched the 1st and 2nd season of You’re Under Arrest and they are NOT YURI!

• October 5, 2007 at 8:01 pmanonymous

“Let’s see 2 detectives make a mad dash down the highway with a speedy car all the while trying to protect the daughter of a rich person…. CAN YOU SAY GUN SMITH CATS RIP-OFF!!!!”
      —————————

‘cept You’re Under Arrest is older than Gunsmith Cats

• October 5, 2007 at 8:35 pmXellos-_^

And and and I see a cross dresser.

not that unusual anymore.

• October 5, 2007 at 8:42 pmXellos-_^

@hudson

Gunsmith manga was first release in 1991

You’re Under Arrest was first release in 1989

Gunsmith Cat OAV was in 1995

You’re Under Arrest was in 1994

So who is copy is copying who?

• October 5, 2007 at 9:24 pmChoboChan

We know its not Yuri, YUA always had advertisements/products that seemed yurish though. =O
      It will always be wishful thinking that something could ever happen. T_T It’d be cute.

Anyways I loved the first ep. I was worried they would make this season something completely new.(I for one don’t need plot to enjoy an anime X3)

Btw how long it this season supposed to be?

• October 5, 2007 at 9:41 pmJayars

You’re Under Arrest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 3RD SEASON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nothing’s more amazing than the duo!!! Finally, they’re together again!!!!! Definitely gonna follow this series!!

• October 5, 2007 at 11:01 pmkoyuki

*rolls eyes* This isn’t yuri or even close to it at all, and you won’t get much fanservice unless they decided to change direction.

Good old You’re Under Arrest. It’s been ages since I last watched the 2nd season and it’s really good to see the girls again. This time, I hope for a conclusion with Nakajima-kun and Miyuki. They both drive me crazy, tip-toeing around each other.

• October 6, 2007 at 12:37 amGintama

NOOOOOOOOOO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• October 6, 2007 at 3:29 amSyaoran Li

yeah! This series has never meant to be a shoujo ai one, so the ED only was for teh fans out there.

So, who will be sub this?

• October 6, 2007 at 3:39 amSyaoran Li

I’m glad to see Studio DEEN still can do decent shows.

• October 6, 2007 at 4:10 amhazy

yay! I’ve been waiting for this one. Brings back memories. I’m still wondering if this will get subbed… hopefully so. Ohoho. More Nakajima-kun and Miyuki for me! =D

Thanks very much for blogging this series! ^_^

• October 6, 2007 at 9:34 amJoo Joo

is the animation art the same as trinity blood??

• October 6, 2007 at 10:44 amLyca

Who cares if they can really commandeer private cars or not, it’s drama factors anyway, you are not watching a real case, just sit back and relax.

• October 6, 2007 at 1:51 pmMiyuki

The artwork looks very familiar to the ending of the Marimite OAVs that finished not too long ago. Maybe that’s why they look so yuri-ish! >_

• October 6, 2007 at 7:32 pmPinku

Hah. So Yuri is so popular now to force them to do a Yuri ED even is not a Yuri show.
      How many times did I say Yuri here? XD

• October 6, 2007 at 11:21 pmQ-guy

Wow, talk about walking down memory lane watching this episode. Nostalgia all over. Makes me all teary eyed. Glad to see Miyuki and Natsumi back in action. As someone already mentioned, the legendary foot brakes are back! Haha, seeing that foot brake in action near the end of the first episode made me smile, feeling all warm and fuzzy! I also couldn’t stop laughing at Yoriko’s voice, it’s still adorable (eerily adorable) after all these years. Hahaha. Hopefully it’ll be just as fun of a ride as the other two seasons.

• October 7, 2007 at 1:51 amSomeguy

Oh Anonymooo, I was thinking the exact same thing. Continuations of old series that seemed dropped off, gives me hope for Hajime no Ippo S4. The manga is so far ahead of the anime now…

• October 7, 2007 at 9:14 amfake

I’m surprised that it s as good as before. Even though actresses are in their 40′s they still sounds cute. Drawing changed a little, but maybe for better. I think of watching few very first episodes again. This fall few good series comes out. YUA is one of them. Good to see it again.

• October 7, 2007 at 10:52 amWallSky

>> agree

• October 7, 2007 at 9:06 pmarigatou

Then I want GTO second season…. that would be possibly new students and the further love developments of Onizuka and the female teacher.

• October 7, 2007 at 11:00 pmYamanote

oh it’s not yuri? seriously?

• October 8, 2007 at 3:12 pmewok

its not even fanservice-high, and I like it!

• December 20, 2007 at 3:56 ammooo

for god’s sake. There aren’t a lot of REAL yuri series with REAL canon couples for you to think THIS, THIIIIIIS is going to be yuri. First of all there have always been canon material that make them look somewhat les, but we know they aren’t. So why do you think they will suddenly turn gay? As a yuri fan i know this is just bullshit fanservice. Look at marimite, since you compare both. Only one canon couple has been shown, and it was only in the first season and for no more tahn 5 episodes and they didn’t end together. And you think there will be yuri in YUA, lol. Besides tho i agree with the people who thinks Nakajima x Miyuki is a bad couple, i can’t think the same of Chief x Natsumi.

• January 14, 2010 at 4:53 amVTHANNAH

A PhD degree has to be very serious thing for every person. Who could aid scholars in format thesis related to this topic composing? We can propose to order the thesis in the thesis writing service. Hoping that the suggestion will help people!