「慣れの恐怖」 (Nare no Kyoufu)
「われ思考う」 (Ware Omou)
Blogging direct to you from Japan, I can tell my ultra-portable notebook is going to make everything take 2-3 times longer than normal. In particular, screen capping is a gruelingly slow process. Other than blogging, the past two days here have been tiring, given how I had to carry 32kg (~70lbs) of luggage up and down flights of stairs while transferring at train stations. Unfortunately for travelers, not all sections have escalators/elevators. Yesterday was spent walking around at Akihabara and Ueno, with my first visit to Yodobashi Camera leaving me in awe. For lack of better words, it was quite ridiculous seeing the 103-inch Panasonic plasma TV in person.
Back to kurenai, I found it a bit odd how Benika, Yayoi, and especially Shinkurou had so quickly come to terms with the fact that they failed to protect Murasaki, and as professionals, had already started looking towards future jobs. While Benika and Yayoi might be more capable of brushing everything aside (given how they’ve had to before), I still see Shinkurou as quite an amateur, so it was surprising to see him (try to) forget about Murasaki so quickly (…at first at least).
However, all wasn’t lost thanks to the earnest Tamaki and Yamie, which made me realize what a fundamental role they play in the overall series. Without them telling Shinkurou what he was already thinking (i.e. about saving Murasaki), I don’t think our lost dispute mediator would have been able to confront Benika and tell her that he plans to go up against the Kuhouins.
Despite the lack of any prolific occurrences this week, I felt that the self-reflection Shinkurou went through really tied together everything that happened before and was a defining point in his character. Now that his resolve has been made, I can’t wait to see what happens when Shinkurou, Benika, and Yayoi take the fight back to the Kuhouins.
– Kurenai Shinkurou (紅真 九郎) / Sawashiro Miyuki (沢城 みゆき)
– Kuhouin Murasaki (九鳳 院紫) / Yuuki Aoi (悠木 碧)
– Juuzawa Benika (柔沢 紅香) / Ishige Sawa (石毛 佐和)
– Inuzuka Yayoi (犬塚 弥生) / Ookubo Aiko (大久保 藍子)
– Kuhouin Renjou (九鳳院 蓮丈) / Kuroda Takaya (黒田 崇矢)
– Kuhouin Kazuko (九鳳院 和子) / Koyama Yuka (小山 裕香)
– Kuhouin Ryuuji (九鳳院 竜士) / Okamoto Nobuhiko (岡本 信彦)
– Grandfather (祖父) / Katou Seizou (加藤 精三)
– Mutou Tamaki (武藤 環) / Sanada Asami (真田 アサミ)
– Yamie (闇絵) / Kimura Haruka (木村 はるか)
– Houzuki Yuuno (崩月 夕乃) / Shintani Ryouko (新谷 良子)
– Murakami Ginko (村上 銀子) / Masu Nozomi (升 望)
– Lin Chenshin (リン・チェンシン) / Ueda Kana (植田 佳奈)
– Head Maid (女中頭) / Kurata Masayo (倉田 雅世)
– Tomoaki (友明) / Urata Yuu (浦田 優)
– Akio (秋生) / Yamaguchi Mayumi (山口 眞弓)
– Preview narration (予告ナレーション) / Marumatsu Ken (村松 健)