Toradora! – 13 »« Toradora! – 11

Toradora! – 12

「大橋高校文化祭 (中編)」 (Oohashi Koukou Bunkasai (Chuuhen))
“Ohashi High School Culture Festival (Middle Chapter)”

Episode at a Glance:
With preparations for the culture festival well underway, Taiga gives Ami a box of Macarons as a sign of good faith so that she’ll let her play the lead part in their pro wrestling show when her father comes by to watch. Minori on the other hand isn’t fond of Taiga getting back on good terms with her father, and gets into an argument about it with Ryuuji. After getting comforted unexpectedly by Ami, Ryuuji goes home and finds out that Taiga’s moving in with her father. On the day of the festival, things go surprisingly well for the pro wrestling show aside from a brief interruption from Koigakuba-sensei and Taiga fumbling one of her lines. Afterwards, Ryuuji is wondering when Taiga’s father’s going to come by and watch one of their shows where Taiga takes the lead role. However, Taiga tells him to be more concerned about his situation with Minori, suggesting that he hurry up and apologize to her. By the end of the day though, Taiga’s father never comes by and she never gets a chance to take the lead role in their show.

Next Episode:
「大橋高校文化祭 (後編)」 (Oohashi Koukou Bunkasai (Kouhen))
“Ohashi High School Culture Festival (End Chapter)”

Impressions:
Fairly straightforward episode this week, but it did reveal that things might not be so great between Taiga and her father after all. Since Minori’s so adamant against the two of them getting along again, there’s evidently a side to their history that neither Ryuuji nor us (as the viewers) are aware of yet. The preview seems to indicate that Ryuuji’s starting to learn about Minori’s take on Taiga’s situation, but I get the feeling things won’t be resolved completely yet since Taiga’s father doesn’t seem to make an appearance. The next episode will be the last chapter of this three-part mini arc involving the culture festival though, so perhaps Ryuuji and Minori will see eye-to-eye again at least. As things stand now, his chances with Minori are only getting slimmer and slimmer while he focuses on helping Taiga so much. From the onset in the series, it was kind of expected things would go this way, but it looks like we’re finally getting to some problems that aren’t caused by Ami for a change. As for their class’ pro wrestling show itself, it was as random as you’d probably expect but I did find their rehearsal for it (bibibi… bibibi) quite silly, and even more so in the actual show. Also, I don’t think I’ve heard Tanaka Rie (Koigakuba Yuri sensei) scream this hysterically in a show before.

While I’m filling in for Omni this week, I plan to keep my summaries quite brief and just focus on the gist of each episode, as seen above. Time-wise, this is all I can afford to write up, but I hope some people will appreciate the conciseness of it. In my opinion, it makes for a nice and quick read until you get to watch the episode yourself.

-divine
…feels weird getting back into the blogging swing of things all of a sudden.

December 17, 2008 at 8:29 pm
  • December 17, 2008 at 8:30 pmArtanis

primero

quiero verlo quiero verlo

el capitulo claro

• December 17, 2008 at 8:36 pmMaimeDaifuku

Woot! Thanks Divine!

• December 17, 2008 at 8:39 pmEspada

hahaha this is exciting. subs make it fast

• December 17, 2008 at 8:41 pmWcastro

charlieeeeeeeee mire lo que escribo jajajaja (no tengo nada que hacer jajaja)

• December 17, 2008 at 8:42 pmMegas

Ugh…I was looking forward to see how they would portray Ruuji for this arc & it waas just as expected. I hope Ruuji doesn’t beat his own ass as much as he did in the manga when he finds out what really happened between Taiga & her pop.

I still go by my previous ruling of death for the bastard. I can’t help but hate sick guys like that…& they just had to go the route of making him seem like a nice guy. (to Taiga’s father: PLEASE DIE) I’ve heard of fathers not understanding their daughters (or uber young wives), but that’s pure overkill. I know I’m completely biased when it comes to that sort of stuff but I have my own personal reasons for that ;)

• December 17, 2008 at 8:51 pmrobak

nice to see you again divine

• December 17, 2008 at 8:52 pmdivine

MaimeDaifuku:
    You’re welcome.

robak:
    Thanks!

• December 17, 2008 at 8:53 pmNazarielle

Glad to see you back again though divine, even if it’s only for a little while :p

This series just keeps getting better and better. Already I’m anxious for the next episode and I haven’t even seen this one (subbed) yet.

• December 17, 2008 at 9:05 pmDemoestenes

Excellent episode!Toradora is perfect!

• December 17, 2008 at 9:08 pmXavier

uu luce interesante, ojala salga pronto con subs !!

• December 17, 2008 at 9:18 pmHister

Menester es obtener pronto dicho episodio, se ve fenomenal.

• December 17, 2008 at 9:23 pmasd

zidane headbutt?

• December 17, 2008 at 9:23 pmLelouch V Brit

Buen Episodio, Creo Que Son 24 Episodios En Total. Tenemos Para Un Buen Rato Mas.

• December 17, 2008 at 9:34 pmthe_big_rooster

can any1 let me know where i can find the manga for toradora looks totally interesting. just hoping that divine completes the 3 part arc if there is any.

• December 17, 2008 at 9:36 pmChimasternmay

haha
    nice scary look he has thr.

• December 17, 2008 at 9:38 pmOMFGROFLLMAOWTF !?

is that how he usualy looks to people ? http://randomc.net/image/Toradora!/Toradora!%20-%2012%20-%20Large%20Preview%2002.jpg no wonder everyone scared of him :D

• December 17, 2008 at 10:12 pmbuh

Thanks divine for filling in. Missed your great write-ups.

• December 17, 2008 at 11:18 pmxie

Divine admit it: you missed us as well.

• December 17, 2008 at 11:34 pmMabo

Nice to see you again, Divine :D

It seems to be a Toradora!’s nice episode again ^.^
    How many episodes will be aired? 2×13(12?); 1X25 or 1×13?
    I’ve read lots of rumors about it, so i’m a little bit lost at this point :/

(sorry for my bad english)

• December 18, 2008 at 12:49 amkoolkatnumber5

Hooray! Divine is back (if only for a wee little bit)! I’m glad…I like your style. Thanks for the summary.

• December 18, 2008 at 1:04 amestefania!

ya vi el cap…esta muy weno pero aun no se is la serie va tener 25 caps o menos…please somebody tell me??
    otra cosa no ver ningun avance entre ryuji y taiga cada vez dudo mas en que ellos vayan a quedarse juntos al final…aunke guardo la esperanza!
    ^^

(sorry for my bad english and my bad spanish)

• December 18, 2008 at 1:51 amLQY

Tanaka Rie Rules!

However, I do not think you would have any chance to marry…

• December 18, 2008 at 1:55 amdivine

According to the Japanese wiki page for Toradora!, the series is slated for 25 episodes.

• December 18, 2008 at 2:41 amHellsbells

• December 18, 2008 at 3:38 amJulygirl17

I liked this episode. Ryuuji is pretty cute with his hair pasted back.^^ He kinda looks like his father.

And I can’t believe he got mad and argued with Minori. I was shocked.

• December 18, 2008 at 3:43 amAmethyst

Its looks hilarious, looking forward on watching this.

• December 18, 2008 at 9:34 amTSFMIP

Oh my gos, I miss ROger (omni) so much.

Divine, you suck!

• December 18, 2008 at 10:57 amHud

Holy, I was so busy reading the summary I didn’t notice it was Divine that’s writing it until I read his impression. (Impersonates deadpan tone of Agent Smith in Matrix: Revolutions) Welcome back, Mr Divine! We… missed you.

This show continues to deliver so far, for non-novel readers, the bust-up between Ryuji and Minori must have been a shocker. I was stunned when I read that part as well.

And one cannot argue that Taiga is just too adorable in a ponytail. It’s probably as good as official: Ponytails trail only behind overknee socks in moe-killing power. That was why Kyonko was so damn popular.

• December 18, 2008 at 11:11 amKinny Riddle

I’m assuming this Hud above is the “other” Hud and not the trolling Hud. I don’t know who you really are, but you probably used your “wrong” username. If you know what I meant. ;)

Anyway, gotta agree with this Hud that Taiga is absolutely moe in a ponytail.

Oh and welcome back, Divine. It’s been a while, isn’t it?

• December 18, 2008 at 11:16 amchaosdemon06

Though I dont read the manga I can guess what Toradora’s father did to her, I kinda got that from the way she reacted to him. So there going to go back into that after 12 and 13?

• December 18, 2008 at 11:29 amEld

thank you divine my good sir!
    this will certainly clear things up as i watch the Chinese subbed version.

• December 18, 2008 at 1:39 pmMegas

They seem to be going by the novel but they’re definitely retooling it a bit. There was the episode about Taiga’s photo antics which made me wonder just how sickening they was going to make her character. Then there’s this mess between Ruuji & Minori, not to mention Taiga’s father being shown to be a good guy at first.

I guess they had to spice things up for the anime cause the novel certainly got repetitive at times. But it still hasn’t got to the point where we don’t know what will happen next. Can we all get together & kill Taiga’s father, please…just this once :D

• December 18, 2008 at 2:34 pmSammy

Thanks Divine, any blogging is better than no blogging. Minori & Ryuuji fighting? Whoa.

• December 18, 2008 at 3:57 pmJezreel

divine gracias por bloggear siempre la serie, tienes mi gran admiracion y ya llevo viendo la página desde mas de 3 años.
    saludos desde Mexico

• December 18, 2008 at 4:46 pmHudson

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I’m so glad this shitty show ends next week.

• December 18, 2008 at 6:55 pmpimpolla

artanis, eres el primero que veo q habla español por aqui! q bn

• December 18, 2008 at 7:32 pmjajaja

Megas: what did taiga’s father do?

• December 18, 2008 at 7:56 pmEld

@Hudson

Fuk you :)!

• December 18, 2008 at 9:32 pmthe_big_rooster

do u guys think that taiga’s mom is yuuji’s mom. did u guys think that taiga’s father had a short relationship with taiga’s mom look it here http://randomc.net/image/Toradora!/Toradora!%20-%2012%20-%20Large%2014.jpg

• December 18, 2008 at 10:30 pmHudson

Once again, I apologize for talking incoherently as I jack off at Taiga in her absolutely gorgeous ponytail.

I’m so sad I won’t be able to jack off further when this great show ends next week.

• December 18, 2008 at 11:26 pmUmineshi Kai

Doesn’t anyone think that yuri-chan sensei looks like an adult taiga? i mistook her for taiga’s mom actually.
    compare
    http://randomc.net/image/Toradora!/Toradora! – 11 – Large 24.jpg
    and
    http://randomc.net/image/Toradora!/Toradora! – 03 – Large 20.jpg

• December 19, 2008 at 2:06 amMegas

@jajaja: click if you dare…

• December 19, 2008 at 3:23 amKabayongtao

@Hudson

You said earlier that you were glad, now your sad. Crazy guy

• December 19, 2008 at 6:52 amNalface

In the coming episode:

Seeing how the story doesn’t quite end straight away, I don’t think they’ll be able to fit everything into next week’s episode. They might probably end up changing parts of the scene, in order to wrap things up (which I hope they won’t).

(^3^)v

• December 19, 2008 at 7:53 amdraksig

ANN says Toradora is to be 25 episodes long, they even give the name of episode 14 as “The Palm-Top Tiger of Happiness”.

• December 19, 2008 at 8:35 amMegas

It looks like episode 14 will be Show Spoiler ▼

Anyway Ryuuji is a super masochist. Show Spoiler ▼

I can’t begin to understand masochists for the life of me but to each his/her own. I’m starting to love how this show is turning serious matters into comedic situation w/o them going into riot-mode.

Too bad I can’t laugh at that stupid stuff. I could never laugh at any kind of pointless violence – whether it be male-male, male-female, female-male, female-female, person-thing, or what-have-you. I know I’m weird like that but its just preference or the lack of it.

• December 19, 2008 at 9:30 amblah

If you think about it guys,

When was the last time Taiga had been violent to Ryuuji?

• December 19, 2008 at 10:35 amIrie

Welcome back Devine! Show’s building some depth but I still get chills every time Taiga smacks Ryuuji. I can’t see anyone taking that abuse without a single complaint. Minori seemed a bit over the top but Ryuugi seems equally blind. I’m a bit surprised we didn’t get some closure with MinorixRyuuji.

Ami was the winner this week. At least she shows some honest feelings while everyone else seems to be in denial.

• December 19, 2008 at 10:36 amoutcast

i like reading yours and omni’s impression on the show. ty

• December 19, 2008 at 12:49 pmdraksig

I would agree, Ami came off better than the others this episode. She actually acted like a decent human being. That could mean that her major involvment is over or she has turned a new leaf and may actualy give Taiga a run for her money over Ryuuji (which I doubt).

Spoilers, give me more spoilers. I guess I could go and read the translated novels….

• December 19, 2008 at 2:51 pmSammy

draksig, I posted spoilers in the episode 10 thread.

Everyone came off better in this episode, not just Ami. Taiga is calmed down, Minori is becoming more serious, and Ami is as friendly as ever. Actually, Ryuuji is coming off as harsh for a change.

• December 19, 2008 at 8:25 pmlyn

Como q vamos a tener que hacer una seccion para Spanish no?

However, this “conflict” between Taiga and Ryuuji, i think it starts a new level in their reatioship.

• December 19, 2008 at 9:52 pmEri

DIVIIIIINE!

Thanks for the summary!

~ Eri ~

• December 20, 2008 at 2:00 amjin

Great episode. This series is getting better and better. This show kinda sucked until recently. Thanks for the summary Divine.

• December 21, 2008 at 8:10 pmDiabolikul