CODE GEASS: Boukoku no Akito – PV »« The Daily Dose

New Code Geass Coming Soon?

So it looks like we can revive the discussion about whether Lelouch is dead or alive. According to a graphic on the mobile phone site for Code Geass, a new Geass project has been green-lit. Somehow, I’m not too shocked that this is happening, and really it was only a matter of time before Sunrise came back to this successful franchise. Two of the possibilities that came to mind are that it could be a direct sequel to R2, or it could be a completely different take, like Mai-Otome was to Mai-HiME. Astute observers will note that this announcement coincides with Lelouch’s birthday. There’s no word yet either whether it’ll be an OVA or full series or what, but apparently there’ll be more news in the new year.

December 5, 2009 at 11:47 am
  • December 5, 2009 at 11:49 amDaety

Oh my gooooooooooooooooooooooooood :D:D:D:D:D:D
    Me has alegrado el dia :D

• December 5, 2009 at 11:50 amYagami

OMGGGG FIRST!
    AND YAY LELOUCH! :D

• December 5, 2009 at 11:51 amliborek3

ALL HAIL LELOUCH! :D

• December 5, 2009 at 11:51 amSamurai Pumpkin

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!

• December 5, 2009 at 11:53 amblinx01

Can’t see it being a direct sequel to R2 since pretty much everything was wrapped up and the only question left was whether Lelouch is actually alive or not. I’d rather that left unanswered as all good series have such endings where people are still left talking about something long after it ends.
    My bet is on Mai-Otome style thing. Either that or an OVA is the only real way to take the franchaise forward.

• December 5, 2009 at 11:54 amLelouch

HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS IS A VERY GREAT NEWS!!! ALL HAIL LELOUCH!!!! INCOMING!!

• December 5, 2009 at 11:57 amStan

JIBUN WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

• December 5, 2009 at 12:00 pmRayzorexe

ALL HAIL LELOUCH!

• December 5, 2009 at 12:03 pmXEMNAS 1

This will be cool!!!!

• December 5, 2009 at 12:05 pmKaito

I REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY hope they dont do a direct sequel because I consider the anime being perfectly done and if they continue theres a very high possibility that they’ll ruin their perfect record. However an alternate universe or whatever would be nice, cant get enough Geass :)

• December 5, 2009 at 12:06 pmShadow

ALL HAIL LELOUCH!
    Here a thought maybe it Code Geass Nightmare of Nunnally in OVA?

• December 5, 2009 at 12:09 pmShadow

Or Code Geass Suzaku of the Counterattack? Any thoughts?

• December 5, 2009 at 12:12 pmFanrock51

All Hail Lelouch!!!!

• December 5, 2009 at 12:14 pmXanathos

Probably is Knightmare of Nunnally, or maybe a sequel to R2… i’m just don’t want to give myself many expectations about this… i know by experience that each sequel make quality declines, and R2 was proof of that… at least, the quality of the first season was better… more character development.

• December 5, 2009 at 12:17 pmKhrno

lol @ Yagami witty post

• December 5, 2009 at 12:18 pmjho

awesome!!

• December 5, 2009 at 12:28 pmGil

Who cares about Lelouch?

More CC is what I want.

• December 5, 2009 at 12:33 pmLelouch

ALL HAIL ME!

• December 5, 2009 at 12:34 pmMegas

1st thought: WTF!!!!

2nd thought: I knew this was coming…

3rd thought: ALL HAIL LELOUCH!!!

• December 5, 2009 at 12:34 pmLelouch

I’m still alive and ready to bang CC wooooooooooooooooooot!

• December 5, 2009 at 12:35 pmbrianleung8912

hmmmm, hope its about lelouch not a new character. At the same time I dont want lelouch to be alive, cause his zero requiem would not be meaningful if hes not dead ~”~ it would just be him brushing his responsibility to suzaku >:) either way cant wait

• December 5, 2009 at 12:36 pmpaul

it will probably be nightmare of nunnally

• December 5, 2009 at 12:38 pmZeross

i hope for new story + full serie. a sequel to R2 would probably be lame.

• December 5, 2009 at 12:39 pmWingZeroZXT

……..

• December 5, 2009 at 12:42 pmbearzerger

An OVA would be fine, but not another series with the same cast please. The story is finished. All conflict has been dealt with, except for Lelouche’s possible survival and CC’s real name there are no open ends.
    If there is to be another series it should either take place a long time before or a long time after Code Geass.

• December 5, 2009 at 12:50 pmBlackSun88

all hail lelouch!! all hail knightmare frame!!

• December 5, 2009 at 12:51 pmmutio

I dunno if I can be happy about it – I think the way R2 ended was good and it should stay that way (personal I think Lelouch lives).
    The idea for an alternate setting like with the Mai Hime/ Otome series sounds interesting, although I’m not sure in which way they could do that with Code Geass.

Besides those thoughts I agree with you Omni – this thing was so sure like the amen in the church.. (milk the money cow, MILK it!!.. >.<)

• December 5, 2009 at 12:53 pmn3rf

More Code Geass? FUCK YERRRRRR!!!

• December 5, 2009 at 12:53 pmGod~Knows~

Isn’t that Suzaku now under that mask…?

• December 5, 2009 at 12:56 pmredX

although I want Lelouch to live as much as the next guy, didn’t the author confirm that he was dead in an interview or something?

• December 5, 2009 at 1:02 pmyanipheonu

CRAAAAZZZYYYY!!!!

FINALLY! Something I can TRULY look forward to anime-wise.

Really though, I think lots of us knew this was the start of a franchise. They could continue the current story, with or without Lelouch, or they could even just do a whole different universe.

• December 5, 2009 at 1:04 pmdamian

LOL

Unless the “rebirth” part means it will be reboot of R2, this time portraying the director’s original vision that Sunrise decided to throw out, then I guess its something to look forward to. But if “rebirth” means Lelouch comes back from the grave… hahahahaha!

• December 5, 2009 at 1:05 pmshadowblack

I hope this will be a sequel to the FIRST season – an alternative second season, with a different (hopefully better) story.

• December 5, 2009 at 1:09 pmNox

I suppose it was only a matter of time. I thought the series ended well enough, though open I suppose, without any real need to continue. It honestly would be kind of annoying to see some sequel where everything goes to hell again, even if it was inevitible.

Not really looking forward to any sort of AU or OVA either though Nightmare of Nunnally in a short series would be all right I suppose. I’d rather they just leave the series be without screwing it up further.

• December 5, 2009 at 1:20 pmNEOAethyr

Hell yeah :D
    Lelouch had gotten code v’s code from defeating his father so he should of been imortal, but who knows.

However, if you pay close attention to season 1, I believe there was another code.
    What’s her name’s father had been working on someone with a code before he died, but it wasn’t cc and it certainly wasn’t vv.

So essentually, I think another code has gotten lose because of Lelouch’s direct actions when he cause that avalanch.

Then again I could be completely wrong.
    Still, that still sticks in the back of my mind and was never answered wth it was all about.

I know that general guy was working with cc before hand, but that chicks(I can’t rmemeber her name sorry, the orange haired chick that was killed by rolly) father was obviously working with a diffrent one because cc was out and about on top of the mountin with lelouch.

• December 5, 2009 at 1:20 pmashiguru

If they did a complete retake, it would probably be the first time I would welcome such a thing. I thought R2, while enjoyable, really lacked a lot the focus and plot cohesiveness found in the first series. Anyway I am glad to see Geass back in any form.

• December 5, 2009 at 1:23 pmUA=42

I have to agree with shadowblack, there was allot of things that could of been improved on in R2. With the first being them killing off and bringing back every single minor character and several major ones as well. That and there where several big plot holes where they never did explain why Lelouch decided to piss of the Chinese rebellion. When he finally did win, he gave control back to the Chinese revolutionaries! There was no point for him to piss them off instead of helping them other than to cause a more lopsided battle for him to get out of. It seemed out of character to me.

There were other things that annoyed me about R2, so if they were to redo it and fix them, I would be happy.

• December 5, 2009 at 1:38 pmWingZeroZXT

lol Never redo a story!!! it becomes a feeble attempt to invalidate the first one and divides the fanbase aswell as makes the overall concept stagnant! (gundam seed,destiny nuff sed)

• December 5, 2009 at 1:44 pmdamian

Or it might be 10x better than the first one, like Fullmetal Alchemist.

• December 5, 2009 at 1:46 pmWingZeroZXT

lol in FMAs case you can call the first one the remake apparently alth
    though since i didnt read the manga nor am i watching the seconde series i dont fully know!

• December 5, 2009 at 1:48 pmWingZeroZXT

(damn its been less den an hour since discovery of this and im already fixated) question : are the CG manga any good?? i heard they were terrible by comparison?

• December 5, 2009 at 1:51 pmDynzad

Perhaps they’ll follow the “Knightmare of Nunally” or “Suzaku of the Counterattack” manga(s) in the new series, which would be similar as it would focus around geass but then branch off into something new like the FMA brotherhood series. Personally I’m hoping they have a series that follows Lelouch (either a continuation or a retake on the story) because he is the character that makes the series for me.

• December 5, 2009 at 1:53 pmGuts

oh this is bad if a sequel will rise from sunrise. i wish they just make a remake of legend of galactic heroes, a sunrise version with cool animation, because that anime don’t have cheesy politics and chess like CG, but one of the protagonist is lelouch/yagami like.

• December 5, 2009 at 2:01 pmTakashiD

Knightmere of Nanully, please let it be Knightmere of Nanully, we NEED that badass lelouch!

• December 5, 2009 at 2:16 pmstarss

Americans + internet drama = no profit.

Japanese + internet drama = profit.

• December 5, 2009 at 2:23 pmGearhead

All hail Lelouch!

All hail the Emperor of Mankind!

• December 5, 2009 at 2:25 pmShuffleness

YAY!!!! LONG LIVE LELOUCHE LAMPEROUGE!!!! *salute*

• December 5, 2009 at 2:40 pmLeon

1st thought: Pizza Hut

2nd thought: SWEET! CC you are all mine.

3rd thought: Lelouch is gonna die again.

• December 5, 2009 at 2:42 pmyogabbagabba

Why the f*ck does everyone like Lelouch, he was a siscon douche bag to all his bitches. Give me more CC all hail CC!

• December 5, 2009 at 2:47 pmgundamjehutykai

Please let it be unrelated to the original series (or at least not involving the same events).

R2 was damn awful!!!

• December 5, 2009 at 2:51 pmChodeGayassLedoucheFagbellions

“Mobile Phone Site”

“Bandai”

There sure are a lot of underaged b& here who can’t fucking read. Did you go to shitchan or something? Learn to fucking read, you shitty blogging douche bag.

• December 5, 2009 at 2:53 pmkoager

Interesting. Going off the “or it could be a completely different take, like Mai-Otome was to Mai-HiME” possibility, there are different versions of the manga. There’s the Lelouch one that was what the first 2 series were on but then there’s also a Suzaku and a Nunally-the White Witch version, too.

• December 5, 2009 at 3:18 pmhyniks

I’ve seen pics of a prequel ages a go.

• December 5, 2009 at 3:20 pmNoub

Wait, so is it gonna be a drama CD like it says here? o:

• December 5, 2009 at 3:42 pmhEll

I hope it involve CC,cuz i want to know her name(two seasons passed and still nothing)…>.<

• December 5, 2009 at 3:49 pmmadzo

just saw this on ANN WOOT!!

• December 5, 2009 at 3:56 pmAyu Ohseki

[picture translation]

“A NEW CODE GEASS
    Project has been Green-Lit!”
    Wait for a follow-up report in 2010!!

This is the rebirth… the day of a new birth.
    Starting today, the geass will approach a new phase.
    Before long, you all shall surely be in the sway of a new geass.
    Hope for it. Anticipate it. Burn for it!

Have you forgotten?
    How similar a geass is to battle.
    That’s right.
    If you all do battle, then the geass will once again…

–ZERO

• December 5, 2009 at 4:08 pmSpirit Rubi

Oh snap. Sequel or movie? Who knows… lulz maybe Orange-kun will have his own brand orange juice in the grocery store by then. :3

• December 5, 2009 at 4:17 pmWingZeroZXT

TASTY

• December 5, 2009 at 4:27 pmneon code macross: rebirth of the rebellion of the false diva 00

So.. is there a reason why it is assumed that this is a video release? It very well could be, as mentioned, a drama cd. It could be a radio drama (unlikely, as that wouldn’t really classify as a project I think). It could also be another Geass video game. Worse, it could be a crap mobile phone game that would be a waste of everyone but the diehard’s time.

I’d like to see another story based in the Geass universe personally, but I think it’d be wisest to wait for an announcement detailing what this project is. If this is indeed a video release, someone please clue me in.

• December 5, 2009 at 4:33 pmJigsy

Nightmare of Nunnally or Show Spoiler ▼

• December 5, 2009 at 4:49 pmKota

All Hail Lelouch!!!!

Can’t wait for further announcements ><

• December 5, 2009 at 4:58 pmWingZeroZXT

IF it were a NEW series my guess:

During the distruction of the cult lelouch missed a pair of twins with geass powers! they surivved the onslaught and sowre revenge on the one who destroyed thier ‘home’

Recognising what happened (from left over information in the period and so forth they realise that the current ‘peceful’ world is built on the lies of a single individual and set about undoing the fake world and bringing truth to light! :12 years pass and thier plan begins

first casualty: Zero!! (suzaku)

Hehehe… if only ohwell

• December 5, 2009 at 5:07 pmCiapson

CG r3 without Lelouch will be fail. Rly.

• December 5, 2009 at 5:11 pmRukia

Why would it be called R3? That would make no sense.

• December 5, 2009 at 5:15 pmAlec

i maybe to happy to hear the news, but at the same time, its sad… R2 already had one of the best endings…and now theyre making a new one…hope its not a sequel, but at the same time i wish 4 it 2 be a sequel

• December 5, 2009 at 5:24 pmNymbryxion

Perhaps they will remake R2 the way it was supposed to be, since it didnt go the way Taniguchi wanted. Another possibility is it takes place in the Geass universe some other time period with different characters (with potentially C.C) that goes into deeper detail on what the Code/God/universe is, though since they have Zero on the ad I dunno, maybe a OVA. I don’t really see potential to continue the current series since it seems everything was resolved (or it will be shitty like Gundam SEED destiny).

• December 5, 2009 at 5:33 pmVicis

God no!
    They fucked up R2 enough!

No more train wrecks!

• December 5, 2009 at 5:37 pmAlec

@ Jigsy

lol, it is possible with his Magenkyou Sharingan, since he killed his bff xD

• December 5, 2009 at 6:10 pmSenorDelgato

PLEASE BE A SEQUEL!!! PLEASE lol

• December 5, 2009 at 6:14 pmWingZeroZXT

seems like im the only one who thik R2 was damn awesome

• December 5, 2009 at 6:25 pmvaniba12

I don’t care if it’s a retake or a sequel. If it’s a sequel, then it’s just more Code Geass story for me. If it’s a retake, then I hope they fix everything that was wrong with R2.

• December 5, 2009 at 6:35 pmGummi

I pray too god its a sequal to R2 and a full 25-26 episode run and not an Ova or a movie and that Lelouch will return with C.C.

• December 5, 2009 at 6:45 pmdon’t_click!

Yahooo. Can’t wait anymore.

• December 5, 2009 at 7:09 pmMeareX

WHAT IS THIS REAL??!!

• December 5, 2009 at 8:23 pmGekokujou

They better do it right this time, R2 wasn’t too bad but some things just seemed out of place.

In any case, ALL HAIL LELOUCH!

• December 5, 2009 at 8:25 pmGoogleme

I hope that they will make a new sequel to R1 since I heard that their original plot/plan was changed due to change in showtime.

• December 5, 2009 at 8:50 pmTJ

I’m not super excited given how R2 went wonky at the end, but I’ll still watch it when it happens.

• December 5, 2009 at 8:56 pmAznCoffee

lolololol Lelouch didn’t die.

HAHAHAH xD this is going to rip open so many holes.

• December 5, 2009 at 8:57 pmGeorge

Sunrise is probably trolling us so that they can get more cash

• December 5, 2009 at 9:01 pmLauren

Omggg so excited. As interesting as a code geass suzaku Of the counterattack sounds like a good idea I wouldn’t be too pleased if there was no more Leloucg. Also I’ve read Nightmare of Nunally and I don’t personally like the idea Lelouch not having the geass and Nunally having it. Saying that I did only read half of NofN :)

• December 5, 2009 at 9:14 pmNymbryxion

Suzaku of the counterattack and Nightmare of Nunally were absolutely terrible I really hope they don’t make a anime with that. Suzaku using a powerranger suit beating up black knights (looks like that lancelot suit a student was wearing in on of the Ashford episodes) was so fail lol.

• December 5, 2009 at 9:22 pmmizunopearl

Why do many people say that Geass was “wrapped” up in R2. I think there were many unexplained things in Geass like what is Geass? What were those flashback images that CC showed Lelouch? If the Nun gave CC her Geass then how did VV get his?

As far as i’m concerned the essence of Geass was left unexplained. I know that there’s the old argument that Lelouch may be alive, but seriously aren’t the questions above valid? Don’t they deserve an answer?

R2 may have finished with Lelouch’s story but as Sunrise said “Geass cannot die it just ended.”

• December 5, 2009 at 9:44 pmShadowstaff

All hail LeLouch! ^____^
    (Zero! Zero! Zero!;p ^____^)

• December 5, 2009 at 9:51 pmTan-Tan

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD NEWS

• December 5, 2009 at 10:19 pmOmegs

Personally i felt that the last 3-4 episodes of R2 were rushed and it they didnt end it aswell as the could have. The story got a bit weird with the emperor, lelouchs greatest enemy the one hed been striving to kill all series being killed in episode 21, it was kinda anticlimactic to me. I didnt really see Schneizel as a big antagonist as they never really built him up and so the final battle didnt seem right, however i think lelouch’s death was a good way to give closure as it had been heavily foreshadowed. Personally id be in favour for a remake of the last 4-5 episodes of R2 with a different plot including the emperor until the end instead of Schniezel. I hope they dont make a sequel to R2 with lelouch somehow ressurected as it would ruin the shows quality and it would feel like a retcon an attempt by sunrise to milk it and make more money.

• December 5, 2009 at 10:23 pmOmega

ahh damn i typed my name wrong lol Omegs…

• December 5, 2009 at 10:27 pmtreble89

oh yes, another great anime worth watching for!

• December 5, 2009 at 10:34 pmHitsugaya_10

YEAH!!! Green-LIT! My favourite series is bacK!!!!

• December 5, 2009 at 11:00 pmshamaticgrl

omfg! must have! All hail Lelouch

• December 5, 2009 at 11:11 pmchad001

Jibun wo-ed…. lol… the whole world got Lulurolled… thinknig that they could kill the man of miracles, He who creates worlds, and destroys them…

• December 6, 2009 at 12:35 amcutemi2

Resurrection of Lelouch

• December 6, 2009 at 1:26 amSean

im pretty sure lelouch is dead and theyre just going back to the series from either a different POV or an altogether different story with the same characters. (like fullmetal alchemist and fullmetal alchemist brotherhood)

Also there are many mangas that show the story using other characters like suzaku of the counterattack

• December 6, 2009 at 1:38 ammacrohard

I think it’s time to milk the franchise to the ground like how omni said in his post. Just hope they don’t try to force it so bad just to make money to make the audience hate it.

Like how the first Shuffle! series was loved by so many ppl and then the 2nd season screwed it up for all of us and made it more of a fanservice.

Like the Great Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi Series started from awesome to a disappointment( i mean the supposed have been the 2nd series when 8 episode r pretty much worst than a filler)

• December 6, 2009 at 2:38 amLost

ALL HAIL LELOUCH!!!!!

• December 6, 2009 at 2:41 amdrzero7

no, no new season that’s a direct sequal. It was a good ending overall. It’ll suck if they reveal if lulu actually lived and became R.R. or simply died. It’s a nice ambiguous ending.

If it’s a sequal and not a parallel universe, it should take far far into the future with total new cast. (with exception of immortals like C.C. or if Lulu became R.R.)

• December 6, 2009 at 3:06 amX

@OMNI:
    As much as I want a sequel to R2, I just cant see them making a new plot for it by making a new series again. What I can tell from what they might do at most is do an OVA or Movie explaining the events that happened to R2 that wasn’t explained or shown to us during R2, for example:

1. After Lelouch erased his parents existence in the World of C, Suzaku was about to face of Lelouch, then we get the 1 month later scene as we all know is one of the best highlights of R2 when Lelouch revealed that he is the new emperor and Suzaku to be his Knight of Zero. So this 1 month that doesn’t explain to us how Suzaku who used to be so resolve against defeating and to kill Lelouch, all of a sudden joined forces with him. So I bet an OVA will explain what happened within this 1 month.

2. After Lelouch successfully conquered the whole world by defeating Schneizel and the Black Knights. Once again we have time skip towards 2 months later, where once again we dont know how Suzaku survived and met up with Lelouch, as well as how Cornelia and the others set up a resistance, etc. So I guess an OVA for this again.

Although I hope they prove me wrong by actually making a new series that is direct sequel to R2, rather than an OVA, Movie, or a Spin off series.

• December 6, 2009 at 3:12 amsenorita

OMG!!!!!! HONTOOO???!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    finally……………………..

• December 6, 2009 at 4:22 amALL HAIL LELOUCH!!

ALL HAIL LELOUCH!!! ALL HAIL LELOUCH!!! ALL HAIL LELOUCH!!! ALL HAIL LELOUCH!!! ALL HAIL LELOUCH!!! ALL HAIL LELOUCH!!! ALL HAIL LELOUCH!!! ALL HAIL LELOUCH!!! ALL HAIL LELOUCH!!! ALL HAIL LELOUCH!!! ALL HAIL LELOUCH!!! ALL HAIL LELOUCH!!! ALL HAIL LELOUCH!!! ALL HAIL LELOUCH!!! ALL HAIL LELOUCH!!! ALL HAIL LELOUCH!!! ALL HAIL LELOUCH!!! ALL HAIL LELOUCH!!! ALL HAIL LELOUCH!!! ALL HAIL LELOUCH!!! ALL HAIL LELOUCH!!! ALL HAIL LELOUCH!!! ALL HAIL LELOUCH!!! ALL HAIL LELOUCH!!! ALL HAIL LELOUCH!!! ALL HAIL LELOUCH!!! ALL HAIL LELOUCH!!! ALL HAIL LELOUCH!!! ALL HAIL LELOUCH!!! ALL HAIL LELOUCH!!! ALL HAIL LELOUCH!!! ALL HAIL LELOUCH!!! ALL HAIL LELOUCH!!! ALL HAIL LELOUCH!!! ALL HAIL LELOUCH!!! ALL HAIL LELOUCH!!! ALL HAIL LELOUCH!!! ALL HAIL LELOUCH!!! ALL HAIL LELOUCH!!! ALL HAIL LELOUCH!!! ALL HAIL LELOUCH!!! ALL HAIL LELOUCH!!! ALL HAIL LELOUCH!!! ALL HAIL LELOUCH!!! ALL HAIL LELOUCH!!!

• December 6, 2009 at 4:28 amChiyoko

i’m both apprehensive (afterall, something was incredibly beautiful about lelouch giving up his life for the sake of a better world), but i can’t help but feel like a squealing excited school girl over this. sunrise! dont disappoint me! >A< my heart is too delicate~

• Newer Comments »