Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? – 06 »« Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? – 04

Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? – 05

「ええ、京豆腐どすえ」 (Ee, Kyoutoufu Dosue)
“Yes, It’s Kyoto Tofu.”

Something about all the little quirks in this show make every episode that much more interesting. Starting off strong with a shaky cam of a little Haruna and Sera kissing and blood sucking action, I was pumped for some fantastic fan-service scenes. But after the discovery that vampires in this world actually have to suck blood to survive and that biting someone doesn’t change them into a vampire, there wasn’t a whole bunch of anything early on in the episode. Besides for a nice bath scene and hearing Korogi Satomi (Ushio from Clannad) voice Ayumu’s fantasy Yuu, it felt like the usual slice of life with a piece of harem pie on the side.

But as I’ve said before, this show is able to take that slice of life and throw it right out the window in favor of transitioning into something a little darker and a little more serious. But what’s amazing is how it still manages to keep the jokes and humor going strong. I know that I felt my mouth hit the floor after seeing Kyoko alive and kicking. Watching her meet Ayumu, flesh and all, really surprised me. But what really dumbfounded me was after she revealed that she was not only the serial killer, but a Masou Shoujo, and apparently a vampire that has multiple lives. I don’t think I’ve ever seen such an overpowered combination of powers.

After a fairly impressive battle with Kyoko lying on the ground dead, I couldn’t help but feel that the battle went just a little too well. I mean, I thought it was pretty cool how Ayumu managed to suck some of Kyoko’s powers out of her (just like with Haruna!) and I don’t think it will ever get old watching him be a pincushion for everyone else’s weapons. Of course, with such a crazy combination of powers I’m not surprised that they come with so many benefits — like having over ten lives.

The first thing that I thought as the episode came to a close was pretty close to “Damn, things just got real”. I’ve been dying to see Yuu actually participate in battle, and I guess the only way she’d release her monster powers would be against something that’s equally overpowered. Here’s hoping that next week’s episode has some kind of awesome all out battle! Also, even though at first I hated Sera’s attitude toward Ayumu, I almost died from laughter after she coughed up blood to just fix her insult toward him.

February 7, 2011 at 8:22 pm
  • February 7, 2011 at 8:27 pmShadiic

Well here’s to Yuu next week where I hope she gives us 10 different methods in killing somebody. It would be funny if the other three sat on the sidelines and just spent the entire episode couting how many times Kyoko gets killed before she stays dead.

• February 8, 2011 at 4:43 amX

Warning: Possible spoiler for next episode Show Spoiler ▼

• February 7, 2011 at 8:27 pmjrj

awesome episode… a bit shocking too.
    the beginning could totally mislead people…
    Yuu join battle sounds cool… though it would be funny if she has to take her armor off to unleash her power… XD
    can’t wait to see how our little harem kick butt :)
    though I am curious how Kyoko got all of her powers, by killing people?

• February 8, 2011 at 6:44 amSuppa Tenko

Same as Alucard, every time she takes someone’s soul, she gets a 1-UP mushroom.

• February 7, 2011 at 8:30 pmOni

omg! they just had to end the ep there now we have to wait a whole week to see Yuu finally fight also Ayumu should have sucked her dry first before letting Sera kill her

• February 7, 2011 at 8:37 pmAvalanche

I win. Kyoko was the serial killer. Gloating aside, this was the best episode so far and I hope I can see that about next week’s episode and so on. Great, another person who won’t die, even if they’re killed.

Hmm, so the dog was a megalo. I’m curious, all of the megalo besides him have been enemies. I wonder what other ‘good’ megalos there are.

I wonder if the cat that seems to appear every episode has anything to do with the plot, because when Kyoko mentioned she had about ten lives left it reminded me about cats with nine lives.

• February 7, 2011 at 8:43 pmAlec

the episode was good on its own way, but i prefer the previous episode

• February 7, 2011 at 8:44 pmbillng

The fan service in the beginning was excellent.

• February 7, 2011 at 9:44 pmdaikama

Agree & very much appreciated!

• February 7, 2011 at 8:44 pmDude

Over 10 lives? Is Kyoko Berserker? And I must admit, allowing and surviving a sword through you to kill an enemy is badass.

• February 7, 2011 at 8:47 pmFlamingYu

it’s just 10, Ayumu have more then that.

• February 8, 2011 at 1:01 amKerfirou

Actually, that’s what I’m thinking as well when she said she have more than 10 lives left.

Overpowered and having more than a dozen lives… yep, sure sounds like Berserker, alright.

• February 8, 2011 at 2:41 amamado

sera uses assassin’s move so kyoko imitating berserker isnt that far fetched…

• February 7, 2011 at 8:46 pmFlamingYu

hmm, so the that “scene” in the OP, is Kyoko.
    and there’s about 4 or 5 more Masou Shoujos coming? they can’t be the same as Yuu.

• February 7, 2011 at 9:12 pmShirt

This show gets 5 arousals, out of 5.

• February 7, 2011 at 9:16 pmxcswmboy

Ayumu zombie strength to force open the door on a naked girl screaming ‘pervert’! Yea, awesome.

Kyoko was no surprise. Still wonder why she slashed herself last episode though.

Dai-sensei was amusing too, she gave off a very Orsola-like feel from ToAruIndex.

• February 7, 2011 at 9:21 pmcaramel_cod

There’s an old lady who talks to herself staying in the hospital room Kyoko was in… that can’t be completely insignificant. Maybe that scene was actually from the past, and Kyoko resorted to killing people to sustain herself?

As for last episode’s suicide, maybe she just needed a way out of the hospital and thought that faking her death would be the simplest route?

• February 7, 2011 at 9:28 pmClementIV

One of the best, if nor the best, episode so far. I wonder why she has all those powers and why she is looking for Eu. I’m really looking forward to next week’s episode, hopefully Eu will use her powers to deal with her however I feel all of us that are looking for Eu to kill her until she has no lifes left might be disappointed because as Eu mentioned before, death hurts.

• February 7, 2011 at 9:34 pmZmil

more fan service ,,wait for dvd/blu-ray for uncencored bath scene,,,

• February 7, 2011 at 9:53 pmdaikama

This is now my favorite show of the season (something I didn’t expect), and this is probably my favorite ep so far. Good fan service, several LOL moments, a good fight scene, and a couple of nice plot twists/surprises – a little of everything. Definitely looking forward to next ep and see Yuu (is it “Yuu” or “Eu”?) kck some ass.

• February 7, 2011 at 10:23 pmricz

just as I thought and all of you thought
    kyoko is the serial killer

• February 7, 2011 at 10:26 pmricz

• February 7, 2011 at 11:04 pmFlamingYu

• February 8, 2011 at 12:15 amLawrenceleong888

The girl is Tomonori…

• February 8, 2011 at 12:28 amFlamingYu

you’re spoiler is voided?
        Whose Saras? someone like Sera? sister?

• February 8, 2011 at 2:03 amricz

thanks but the show spoiler link doesn’t work T T
        only the image

• February 8, 2011 at 4:49 amX

Are you sure Kyouko, this villain girl this episode is included in his harem? Or is it the real Kyouko? Is there even such a thing as the real Kyouko lol? No seriously, I wanna know if the awesome Ayumu can even capture a lunatic like Kyouko lol.

• February 8, 2011 at 5:29 amOni

lol nice diagram m saving it for future reference

• February 8, 2011 at 6:46 amSuppa Tenko

WTF!?

• February 8, 2011 at 6:46 amLawrenceleong888

I got these info from forum of lowyat and also animesuki…Those forum-ers read the light novel and that’s how they get so much advanced details…Show Spoiler ▼

• February 8, 2011 at 1:44 pmricz

okay okay thanks
        I dont really mind spoiler
        but I had one last question are the novel ends already or still on-going?

• February 8, 2011 at 7:41 pmLawrenceleong888

Refer to wikipedia to know the progress of light novel, manga, anime respectively…
        Yes…it’s still ongoing…
        @Suppa Tenko
        Her name is Tomonori(cos you misspelled it)…yea…Show Spoiler ▼

• February 7, 2011 at 10:28 pmNorwegium

Pretty nice episode. Fanservice was suppreme. And i’ve actually kinda starting to like Sera a little more too. Especially after her’s and Ayumu’s kickass doublekill on Kyoko. And when Sera coughed blood, that was hillarious.

My guess is that we’ll get to hear Yuu speak in the next episode. It just kinda looks like an situation where she needs to do something she doesn’t want to do. Wich is in this case, speaking. Sinc it was mentioned earlyer that her words carry powerfull magic, my guess is she’ll say a word wich holds such power.

• February 7, 2011 at 11:03 pmAoihoshikage

The fanservice really helps to balance out the Ayumu panty shots. Though I still say they should cut down on the male panty shots…

Anyway, another enjoyable episode but sadly we’re left on a cliffhanger with Yuu coming in.

• February 7, 2011 at 11:10 pmAnonymous

She is best villian of the season.

Too bad she can’t be included in Ayumu’s harem because she killed at least 10 people.

• February 7, 2011 at 11:19 pmLurker

I’ll be extremely surprised and disappointed if the serial killer doesn’t join Ayumu’s harem.

• February 7, 2011 at 11:46 pmewok40k

sorry but have to disagree… Kyubei from MG Madoka is THE VILLAIN of this season.

• February 7, 2011 at 11:51 pmP0NCH

(◕ ‿‿ ◕) Kyuuun~

• February 8, 2011 at 6:25 amKarmafan

Ya the villian from Madoka (if he turns out to be the main villian) is the best!

• February 7, 2011 at 11:17 pmbanzemanga

It was great story-wise but there was some slip production-wise. They weren’t able to make Kyoko’s power seem overwhelming because they didn’t show show amazing attacks like the fight against Megalo. And when Sera was cut down, it felt like a little fake; because Sera out of the blue says “ugh” and Kyoko is pointing her sword from behind alive. They should have inserted a scene really short scene of Kyoko creeping from behind with an evil aura followed by a sword slash then Sera falls down.

Ya, i know i am complaining but it is just that everything was perfect so far.

• February 7, 2011 at 11:48 pmP0NCH

So much Epic WIN XD
    In all seriousness though, I’m not the biggest fan of, well fan service but this series is an exception.

• February 8, 2011 at 12:14 amJusta_Dream

I’m loving this show although I didn’t like the drop in quality at during the last part of the episode. I mean if it hadn’t been for the jokes that fight would have been dull and boring. I’m guessing that her(maybe ‘their’) ultimate goal is to capture Yuu and take her powers or something along those lines. Kyoko is already super powerful but she most likely doesn’t hold a candle to Yuu so the only thing left for her to do would be to go after Yuu’s power. Oh and my guess for next episode is that Kyoko will attempt to attack once, decide she’s no match, and retreat leaving everyone to wonder what exactly is going on.

• February 8, 2011 at 12:39 amminarge

Good ep, I would imagine those powers come from the souls she harvested, I wonder if her multiple lives are from the multiple souls she have, maybe thats what she meant by immortality. I would also imagine she gets some of the powers of the people she killed, so Yuu’s power equals epic win

• February 8, 2011 at 12:53 amJason Isenberg

LOL called it! Kyoko was the killer after all.

• February 8, 2011 at 1:53 amDanté

Did nobody notice the cat shitting all over the place in that break-scene like thingy?

• February 8, 2011 at 2:49 amriddle

“she revealed that she was not only the serial killer, but a Masou Shoujo, and apparently a vampire that has multiple lives.” this had me bursting out in laughter

• February 8, 2011 at 2:55 amay ya ya ya ya

I can’t hold laugh (even though I watch this in the office during lunch break) when Ayumu change to masou shoujo, and then all three girls in the graveyard , Haruna, Sera even Kyoko, calling Ayumu a pervert…”I realize now words can cut like swords!” lol.

• February 8, 2011 at 3:13 amTama

This episode rocks, well ayumu can say straight to kyoko “Dont underestimate pervert zombie power…. Lol ” & love the yurilicious kisses scene seraphimXharuna

• February 9, 2011 at 3:29 amamado

yeah, finally some yuri this season. and from the series I was watching where I didnt expect some.

• February 8, 2011 at 4:26 amrasone0104

A heavily fan serviced episode. I loved it, the fact that Studio Deen can continuosly make this show interesting on a weekly basis amazes me. The fact that Kyoko is the real killer didnt seem suprising at all as I had my doubts since last weeks ep. What came to me as a suprise is that Kyoko is a masou shoujo, vampire, and zombie. IN my opinion Kyoko is an ability copier or what not as such an overpowered being can only be the result of multiple copying. Aside from being a serious episode the show still continued with some comedic scenes, Ayumu being called a pervert by everyone and Sera calling him a piece of shit never gets tiring. As for next weeks episode I cant wait to see Yuu finally in action and hope that if kyoko is really an ability copier that she doesnt get Yuu’s powers.

• February 8, 2011 at 6:29 amKarmafan

Makes you wonder how she got those powers. Did she kill a magical girl, zombie, and vampire to get them? Or are some of the serial killers victims a magical girl, zombie or vampire? Its still possible for her to end up in his harem if she is possessed by some evil force controling her and they break her free of it.

• February 8, 2011 at 8:59 amwillowywicca

Think she’s not a zombie or vampire (though has some similar power to vampire as Sera said, it wasn’t quite the same). Her multiple lives are explained by her already: She’s performing serial killings to gain immortality, thus her spare lives are presumably from the souls of the people she killed.

• February 8, 2011 at 6:49 amSuppa Tenko

Lolz, if only she were a guy, then this would be a super Ninja Zombie Pirate Robot thingy.

• February 8, 2011 at 10:50 amZaku Fan

Possibly kyoko’s some form of undead but not a zombie or vampire. Perhaps a form of mazoku from her killing people for the night king thing?

Sera was surprisingly weak. At least in terms of sword combat she should be able to hold her own. Yuu has some sort of precognition or is just really smart (as i don’t think Ayumu exposed her prescence to them) to want him to not go.

Ayumu hiding in the doorway peeking would be what any man would do under the circumstances :p

• February 8, 2011 at 1:06 pmSuppa Tenko

I wonder if Sera can use Tenha Jinraidan or Byakuya Senmetsuken.

• February 8, 2011 at 2:25 pmarixx

funny when I saw this pic the first thing on my mind is god damn lucky guy being the meat of a boob sandwich.

• February 8, 2011 at 3:54 pmSteven Den Beste

Watching Ayumu become a pincushion now has a sad element to it: every time it happens, Eu feels the pain. Ayumu may not care himself about it, but he needs to be more careful about it if he cares about her — and he evidently cares a lot about her, and not just out of gratitude.

Very interesting that Kyoko knows Haruna, and hates her.

• February 8, 2011 at 5:34 pmWilfriback

• February 9, 2011 at 6:35 amChaos

well people who are scared or cunning always stab you in the back its the safest way unless its a zombie

• February 9, 2011 at 4:47 am♕Croosboy♕

I knew it!!

• February 9, 2011 at 6:40 amGlassBiscuit

I called it. She’s evil!

• February 9, 2011 at 7:12 amOmegan

I just like how he’s a actual belivable character(by that I mean attitude).
    Love this male protgainist, he’s real

• February 9, 2011 at 8:34 pmay ya ya ya ya

Any chance that the reason Dai-sensei wonders why Haruna remember Ayumu name is because Haruna likes Ayumu? Ahh tsundere is always cute! can’t wait for the development.

• February 9, 2011 at 9:21 pmunlisted

“I almost died from laughter after she coughed up blood to just fix her insult toward him.”

This.

• February 10, 2011 at 3:58 amisaaclarke

Oh Sera, please do suck my blood, i’ll give some to you for free! <3

• February 10, 2011 at 4:04 pmPera

This show just get’s crazier and crazier every week! xD