One Piece 615 – The Will Continues »« One Piece 613 – Macrophilia

One Piece 614 – LOL

This chapter: 40% Silly, 60% LOL

Only the Strawhat crew could make a hostage situation into a comedic skit, with Zoro’s unintentional dry humor, Usopp’s overreactions, and Nami’s teetering between a blind obsession for riches and rationality. The message from Jinbei is finally given, although not to Luffy, but his crewmates instead, so you just know Luffy’s still going to end up fighting Hodi. It’s a bit weird that Jinbei would request this, but the reasons behind it must be interesting, I’m sure. Of course, the second part of the message of meeting him in the sea forest would probably explain everything had the Strawhats not screw up every situation they land in.

Out of sheer ridiculous coincidence, the mermaid princess also wants to go there, so Luffy hatches the brilliant plan of hiding her in Megalo. Again, pure ridiculousness. I did laugh pretty hard though. I have no idea how a shark could enlarge that much to fit her, but it’s One Piece. Also, just because she’s inside a shark, it doesn’t mean Decken can’t still target her. In fact, it’ll slice the shark instead. Oh well, the date begins for real now!

Other than that, Chopper and Sanji appear again, showing off a new “point” for Chopper. It looks hilarious and cute at the same time, reminding me of the squareness of Kaku’s zoan giraffe form. Perhaps an inspiration? He calls it the “kung-fu point” though, even though it looks like an extremely unwieldy form to be performing any sort of “kung-fu.” Sanji needs some serious moments though, his weak point has been exploited far enough!

And so, the arc slowly, but surely, elevates in excitement.

February 11, 2011 at 4:21 pm
  • February 11, 2011 at 4:24 pmRonIron

Best capture ever. One Piece is certainly picking up.

• February 11, 2011 at 4:27 pmAlec

oh! looks like chopper had an increase in terms of combat abilities

• February 11, 2011 at 4:48 pmxcswmboy

I liked how understanding the Princes seemed to be. It’s almost like they know shit goes weird when the Strawhat group is involved.

Also, Decken’s way of “sending” in an army is quite brutal if you are part of the army. I wonder if he can throw himself, lol. The army should mostly be fodder, except he could have sent in fishmen pirates from the alliance.

• February 11, 2011 at 5:14 pmPuffy

“I wonder if he can throw himself”

I lol’d.

I wonder why jinbei warned luffy not to fight hodi. He should know by now that reasonning with Luffy is pointless.

• February 11, 2011 at 5:33 pmBossun

Chopper’s new form is awesome. I’m sure he’ll get a much bigger role in teamfights now

• February 11, 2011 at 6:39 pmlkaze

don’t forget how usopp is so much more reliable now

• February 12, 2011 at 7:58 amBossun

Definitely. He’s so beastly now

• February 12, 2011 at 6:51 pmxcswmboy

Beastlyness does not necessarily mean powerful in One Piece I think. Look at Shanks, Ace and Aokiji. You are only truly beastly if you are HUGE like Kuma or Hodi.

• February 12, 2011 at 11:17 pmNom

I predict chopper now has control over the super mode he used back in Brook’s arc.

• February 11, 2011 at 6:07 pmcode fanboy

Mmmmm well hopefully Chopper can control that monster point. Or at least make his rummble ball go longer than 3 minutes.

• February 11, 2011 at 6:11 pmBossun

I can see it now. He goes Monster Point in a battle and everyone starts freaking out, but then he starts talking and tells them it’s all good. That would be sweet

• February 11, 2011 at 6:10 pmThrudgelmir

Chopper’s new Karate Point reminded me a lot of Fukurou from CP9. Which is odd seeing as Chopper only encountered Fukurou very briefly during the Enies’ Lobby arc. This also makes me wonder if Chopper has mastered his Monster Point form.

But dear lord that image above is classic Oda shenanigans.

• February 11, 2011 at 6:48 pmtakashid

i tink choopers new form is related to the people he stayed with for two years. his new form resembles them a lot.

• February 11, 2011 at 7:15 pmKiiragi

I know you didn’t mean that to be funny, but I lol’d anyways.

• February 11, 2011 at 7:40 pmLectro Volpi

Luffy is being an ass to the sweet princess. You are no one to talk, you cried and even fainted at the death of your sworn brother you wimp!

Megalo has gained my simpaty. Best pet shark in One Piece.

• February 11, 2011 at 8:37 pmKiiragi

If you’re being serious, that’s like comparing apples and oranges. Are you a wimp if your mother died? Or are you a wimp to be scared of going outside?

• February 11, 2011 at 10:50 pmLectro Volpi

When it comes down to it… yeah. You can’t expect toughness from others if you are not tough yourself.

Practise what you preach people!!!

• February 12, 2011 at 8:03 amBossun

No, what Kiiragi is saying is that those are 2 completely different things. Luffy crying because his brother died in his arms does not make him a wimp. Someone being afraid to go outside does make them a wimp. I sincerely hope you’re not serious

• February 12, 2011 at 3:35 amviral

Best pet shark, huh? Isn’t it like saying Luffy is the best gomu-gomu user in OP, just because he is the only one? :D

• February 12, 2011 at 7:05 amImmoralBlack

You’re kidding, right?

This girl is crying because she’s afraid to go outside.

Luffy cried because his brother DIED IN HIS ARMS.

• February 12, 2011 at 12:40 pmLectro Volpi

I got: 1, 2, 3 pigeons… that was good, he~

Not only the best and only pet shark in One Piece; it has a damn T-shirt! and if that is not hardcore then…

• February 12, 2011 at 1:07 pmLectro Volpi

If I was not clear, yeah I was not being serious. In fact, I was devasted when Arlong park made a parade over Ace’s death and Luffy’s face with gifs and funny images, that was a 4chan type slaughter.

So you can cut that shit out Mr. Flying Puppy.

• February 11, 2011 at 8:03 pmWill

Megalo….. He is giving it his best. how awesome is it going to look next week with luffy walking around with that…. think floating around him like thos dinosaur balloons from “We’r back!*…. epic

• February 11, 2011 at 8:51 pmSOSAnimeBoy

Sharks breathe by passing water through their mouths and out of their gills. How on earth is Megalo breathing with the princess inside blocking his mouth like that :D

Yeah, I LOLed a LOT this chapter. Zoro describing the missing members had me rofl.

• February 12, 2011 at 8:08 amBossun

This is a series with moving skeletons, talking fish-people, a guy whose body is made of rubber, etc., and you have a problem with how a shark breathes?

• February 11, 2011 at 9:21 pmrasone0104

the manga translation of this chap i read said MEGALO
    and i was like OMG Zombie Desu!

• February 11, 2011 at 10:35 pmJusta_Dream

ROFLMAO! That pic is hilarious! I don’t read the manga so I don’t really know how it went down but I can just imagine Luffy pushing and shoving her down the sharks throat. lol I can’t wait to see it in the anime.

• February 12, 2011 at 12:51 amPikachu

Isn’t that picture showing a mermaid’s worst nightmare? To be eaten alive by a shark? It sounds like the manga isn’t getting too serious yet.

• February 12, 2011 at 8:08 amBossun

They just had a super serious arc, so he’s balancing it out with some funny moments

• February 12, 2011 at 4:02 amFai D Fluorite

Caught with One Piece at last (from scratch!!).
    Fishman island arc is really interesting (unlike Skypiea).I wonder how’s things with Robin and Franky,hmm…

• February 12, 2011 at 9:23 amAkiyama

All I thought when I saw this chapter was “So a shark, a mermaid princess, and Luffy swam into a bar..”

• February 12, 2011 at 1:57 pmMasterDragonKnight

The mermaid bar. And then Sanji promptly died of blood loss from seeing the princess.

• February 12, 2011 at 4:55 pmReni

This is perhaps the greatest idea that Luffy has ever came up with….No perhaps the greatest idea mankind has ever dreamed of.

• February 13, 2011 at 7:16 amNaYa

Gomu-gomu no shark! XD
    Only Luffy would come up with something ridiculous like this!

• February 13, 2011 at 4:48 pmDice

if the fights between hodi and the like last longer than 2 seconds against the crew i’m going to be dissapointed.

• February 13, 2011 at 5:52 pmpoopykun

I feel so sorry for Megalo. I mean just look at his face, lol.

• February 13, 2011 at 10:10 pmYanDaMan

Lol, your title for this post made me LOL. Ironic.

• February 17, 2011 at 11:33 ampeepeekun

and Oda continues inserting weird fetishes in his manga. woooow.