Amagami SS+ plus – 12 »« Amagami SS+ plus – 10

Amagami SS+ plus – 11

「森島はるか 前編 セクシー 」 (Morishima Haruka Zenpen – Sekushii)
“Morishima Haruka, First Chapter – Sexy”

I declare “Pa…papa…Okaerinrin!” to be the equivalent of Moe Moe Kyun.

It wasn’t Hibiki unintentionally flowing with moe during her roleplay. It wasn’t Haruka’s sister somehow being more forward than the queen herself. Heck, it wasn’t even Miya’s Nishishi Engrish (HNNNGH!) that was the cause. It was EVERY SCENE that made this episode the re-entry many have been waiting for.

Although Queen Haruka did not as strongly exhibit her signature kinkiness compared to last season, other characters sure started catching up. Whilst Haruka still managed to keep her original persona, this episode revealed a more exposed, sensitive ‘dere’ side to the previously resilient queen. Not everyone may enjoy this development as much as I did, but it is a development that will push this story’s conclusion.

This transformation in Haruka did not come about without affecting the cast in the process. Hibiki, perhaps disarmed by Haruka’s new charm point, displayed her own embarrassment this episode. Although more would’ve been excessive, Hibiki left me wanting more of her embarrassing roleplays. Junichi, clueless at first, catches on faster than usual to Haruka’s troubles, eventually setting up a fairly tense situation that well…we’ll have to wait for, won’t we?

But what’s most important is the NEW CHALLENGER, a totally unanticipated appearance by the gracious Jessica, (unrelated to Zessica). She didn’t get too much screentime (which I hope gets fixed next episode :3), but her forward ‘attacks’ spurred the development of romance more than any other character this episode. The look on Haruka’s face when that direct hit made contact was priceless. Priceless. She not only provided that healthy tension that makes a good arc, but also doubled the Haruka dose, twice the recommended daily value! Here’s a dare: when you see a scene where Haruka and Jessica are both talking, close your eyes. Can you tell the difference?

However, I am withholding any solid judgments so far on the arc. We’ve seen in many arcs in Amagami where the first episode was great, but the efforts made this episode will go to waste unless it concludes in style next week. Yes, the episode pulled off the setup, but can it follow through? Haruka had a spectacular finish last season, so I’ll take a bet that a spectacular finish will happen again, while perhaps fitting in a tiny bit more kinkiness before Amagami may end for good =(.

Full-length images: 01, 09, 11 12, 27, 31

As always, hover over the images to see the alt-text! ^_^

ED6 Sequence & End Card

March 16, 2012 at 8:46 pm
  • March 16, 2012 at 8:47 pmretake09

BLONDE??!! HNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

• March 17, 2012 at 2:56 ameharper256

And this episode, we also discover Junichi is Blue/Green Colourblind. As he imagines Haruka and Mia with “Green eyes”, but they both remain the same blue colour. Lol.

Texan Mia is hilarious. Ni-shi-shi, Nishi!

• March 18, 2012 at 8:49 pmacolyte

It’s a bit weird.. sometimes when they say ‘green’ it means blue in English, but the direct translation is green. I guess it was what Raishinshi means by ‘ao’ and ‘midori’
        Korea has this difference too.
        An old joke I had with my friends, ‘in Korea, the grass is blue’

• March 17, 2012 at 1:07 pmRaishinshi

Most people are familiar with the word “ao” being used in Japanese to mean the color blue, but “midori” can be used interchangeably to describe both blue and green.

• March 16, 2012 at 8:53 pmSilentCid

I really want to know with this “out of time” business that Jessica and her were talking about. Is she planning on moving to England to study at a University?

• March 16, 2012 at 8:57 pmBotagar

HARUKA!! BE MY WAIFU~!!
    forget that joke of a guy, Junichi…

• March 16, 2012 at 9:16 pmMasterDragonKnight

Hibiki needs her own arc too!

Despite being normally calm and cool, she was acting really cute this episode.

• March 16, 2012 at 9:27 pmMrTerrorist

Thankfully Hibiki has her own route in the psp version of Amgami along with Miss Takahashi.

• March 17, 2012 at 10:38 pmmafias

What are you talking about? Hibiki didn’t get a route in any version(Miss Takahashi had the route back in the PS2 version as a Bad End). Regarding to anime viewer, there will be one episode for Miya after Haruka’s arc, so be rejoiced! (Risa might be in the OVA, but no official confirmation yet)

• March 17, 2012 at 10:41 pmmafias

Nvm that, I was wrong about the Miya arc: it’s not going to be broadcasted but featured in the Seventh volume…http://animephproject.wordpress.com/2012/02/14/news-amagami-ss-plus-miya-arc-announced/

• March 18, 2012 at 12:11 amBreedo

I like the way Hibiki comes to embarassment and quickly recovers with a statement that gets people thinking. Clever girls ftw!

• March 18, 2012 at 3:25 pmYanDaMan

Agrees 100%!

Need that animated Hibiki arc~!!

• March 16, 2012 at 9:21 pmbelatkuro

Dat end card.

• March 16, 2012 at 11:29 pmKokusho

Does anyone know the artist for the end card?

• March 22, 2012 at 7:29 pmUnajuuphile

I believe the artist is Tsukino Jogi.

• March 16, 2012 at 9:43 pmmarinelzen

You have received a Moe Overload.

DEAD END.

• March 16, 2012 at 10:01 pmHeath

Where is Hibiki’s friend of the year award?

• March 16, 2012 at 10:20 pmHalfDemonInuyasha

I actually find myself far more drawn to Hibiki than I have with Haruka for some reason, ever since the series began, my eyes have been more on her than Haruka…this episode just made it SO much better with her blushing so much, and that pout she made before they started their little “family dinner” practice was just adorable! ^_^

• March 16, 2012 at 10:32 pmAnimesetsuna

Jessica is pretty…. Haruka is pretty. So, Haruka is better.

• March 16, 2012 at 11:23 pmBenigmatica

Nah, both of them look pretty so there’s no way who is the better Morishima.

Besides, Jessica is pretty much a dead ringer to Haruka-sempai.

• March 16, 2012 at 10:47 pmEmD

Jessica is Haruka’s cousin, not sister.

Good episode though. Hibiki is HNNNNNNG

• March 16, 2012 at 11:27 pmMike

Been wondering can cousin really look similar, I mean only brother/sister however u mix them and then husband and wife, either way the two cousin will always have half the gene from father or mother which can’t be the same as your cousin. Either way u only share half your gene with your cousin, I mean how can cousin look so much alike.

• March 17, 2012 at 1:11 amaimless

honestly no one cares. this is anime. its not like people can ever look identical unless theyre identical in dna. In anime or manga is hard to make someone look “similar” to each other without changing the whole character. if they didn’t look alike then it wouldntve gotten their intended point across. just try and forget reality for a sec and see this as just an animation not soething to compare to real life.

• March 16, 2012 at 10:54 pmrandom viewer

That title for this episode was so misleading.
    I like that serious side behind the fun side of Haruka in her romance life.
    And I think she’s sweet to have such a dream of getting proposed to.

• March 16, 2012 at 11:17 pmLightnDark

Going to do this for all Zaniba’s post from now onwards because alt texts really take some creative thinking and thus credit must be given when due.

My top 3 favourite alt texts and why:

Pure gold right there!

I see what you did there..

I see what you..actually no I don’t. Where were you looking!

• March 16, 2012 at 11:24 pmZanibas

If you actually do this every episode, I will be more flattered than I am now ^^

• March 16, 2012 at 11:24 pmMediafag

You guys should make .gif animations of the end sequences. Then you watch it all day just to see your favorite Amagami girl say that she loves you over and over and over again.

• March 17, 2012 at 12:03 amMissingnomer

Haha, Junuichi is all like “Why don’t I get an epic-napkin hat?!?!” I rage with you bro.

• March 17, 2012 at 12:30 amewok40k

Definitely would love extra arcs for the Amasake-sensei and Hibiki-san!
    Oh and engrish-spouting cowgirl Miya was so NISHISHISHI!

• March 17, 2012 at 12:42 amSeishun Otoko

I much prefer dark Haruka to her bimbo clone :P
    I really like the alt texts. Can’t remember when was the last time someone did this. Maybe Kiiragi’s One Piece posts.
    “Junichi, I’m actually Zesicca, DUN DUN DUN!” Got a good LOL from that.

• March 17, 2012 at 1:18 amchanceOFlife

love the way you comment every image Zanibas,!

• March 17, 2012 at 1:30 amThe_Magus_Killer

I actually thought that Jessica was out to NTR Junichi from Haruka in this episode. Glad to know I was wrong. *doujinshi makers, take notes* Seriously, Jessica is just Haruka pallete-swapped with a slightly bigger cup size.

Tsukahara Hibiki! The so called “un-cute but moe” swimming club sempai! I was actually abusing the replay button during the scenes that this episode had her in. Those almond-shaped eyes and that elegant-yet-with-a-hint-of-naughtyness smile raised my blood pressure. XD

I called it right! “The-Amagami-Shed-Where-Kinky-Miracles-Happen” made its reappearance in this episode. Too bad they didn’t do anything “kinky miracles” this time around.

@MrTerrorist: how does the Tsukahara Hibiki arc play out in the expansion pack/updated re-release of the Amagami dating sim? Did the game-makers do her justice?

• March 17, 2012 at 2:16 amBeedle

o_O were those comments on images always there? nice!

This episode did not disappoint. The anime should also really do a Hibiki arc!

• March 17, 2012 at 2:47 amnagi

Hey Zanibas, your alt-texts are really funny and witty! Now I wonder if you’re the only writer here who does that.. anyway, just continue pouring in that creative juice! :)

“I will get all your meat buns, nishishishi!” (in Engrish accent)

• March 17, 2012 at 2:52 amThe Moondoggie

One last episode and we’re done with this series….
    No wonder they saved the best for last.

• March 17, 2012 at 3:09 amDa5id

BLOND COWGIRL MIYA HNNNNNNNNNG

• March 17, 2012 at 3:19 amSaya

The wait is finally over and Haruka delivers :D I’ve felt that the last few arcs were rather lackluster overall and maybe its just my bias for her but thankfully Haruka hasn’t bored me yet.

I didn’t realize she was wearing handkerchief either… O__O Hibiki is such a bro except she’s a girl and also comes packaged with those rare adorable deredere moments. Always going along with Haruka’s pace. Umehara is still single right? He was pretty bro too. Those two should get together and get their own stories.

LOL BiiBaa. They probably do pronounce it that way. Also Miya engrish was hilarious, great imagination Junichi.

Related to Mami-san? Drill hair unite!

Really love the alt-text, it gives a new experience with screen caps. Shows that each one has a purpose in the blog that will motivate readers to pay attention to them and not just scroll pass them. Hopefully it’s not too much extra work. Anyway I enjoyed reading Zanibus :D Looking forward to next weeks.

• March 17, 2012 at 11:02 amZanibas

Thank you for the compliments Saya, but you have misspelled my name in the worst way possible. Prepare to be v0ided >=D.

• March 17, 2012 at 5:15 pmSaya

LOL Oh I did ehehehe :D. EDIT EDIT!

NOOOOOO, not the v0id! Prease forgive me Zanibas-sama. orz

• March 17, 2012 at 4:24 amunderMebius

Oh my god! They don’t call Haruka the Queen for nothing. This episode was fantastic! And I love the alt text. I lol’ed at Rihoko’s alt text. If only you were there when Rihoko’s arc came along…

Anyways, I’ve never been more jealous of an anime guy before. Junichi does NOT deserve Haruka.

• March 17, 2012 at 4:27 amFaint Smile

Always save the best for last!.. ^_^

• March 17, 2012 at 6:46 amNexusM78

this episode is really…sexy n we know it

• March 17, 2012 at 9:40 amThe Big Kahuna Master

YEESSS! the arc I know we’ve all been waiting for. I’ll be back after I’ve watched it

• March 17, 2012 at 9:46 amBeckett

<3 Haruka <3 <3

I've been waiting for this episode since the season started and now I can say: it was totally worth the wait. Now that it's here I'm actually glad they saved Haruka for last, I want my last memory of this show to be her adorableness.

• March 17, 2012 at 11:27 amUmadBro?

this is not enough. i need 6 episodes of haruka!

• March 17, 2012 at 12:33 pmpokpokza

Haruka is innocent and I love that wow Hibiki is also cute (tsudere type desu~)

• March 17, 2012 at 9:27 pmZen

I laughed at how the minute-long pre-intro sequence alluded to marriage and meeting the parents all at once- the stuff of nightmares for most men…

• March 17, 2012 at 11:38 pmZanibas

But who wouldn’t want to be married to Haruka? :P

• March 18, 2012 at 2:28 amKmainichi

No kidding. I actually know some gals who are spitting images of Haruka. (hafu). They are sooooo cute! But unfortunately for them my waifu is super cuter! (^_−)−☆

• March 18, 2012 at 8:59 amZen

Hmm, well I suppose you have a point; few indeed would not… XP

• March 18, 2012 at 7:39 pmhaseo0408

Wow, is it just me or Haruka is getting cuter bythe second in this season? That bastard Junichi, she gets all the best girls no matter the time line.

• March 18, 2012 at 8:07 pmThe Moondoggie

Just noticed: Image #25 comment… LOL. You are asking for a technicolor-haired Haruka?

• March 20, 2012 at 10:59 amZanibas

This color.
      ZERO!

• March 27, 2012 at 6:26 amZhinvu

A little late for the party as I was waiting for Haruka’s arc to finish so I can view everything in the same order as season 1. Miss Sexy Jessica really caught me by surprise since she really just looks like a palette swap of Haruka, with the same level of playfulness to boot. Nice touch there. I missed reading image texts.
    As for this one. I can already picture big letters around it saying: “I’m dating Haruka. Live with it.”