「シークレットミッション」 (Shikuretto misshon)
Majestic Prince has a fascinating mix of artistic elements to say the least. While the action-packed space battles feel avant-garde, there’s obviously a stylistic throwback to both the structure of its composition and visual sense. It’s certainly like nothing else that’s airing this season – for one, the commercial bumper this week would not have looked amiss in any mecha anime of the late 90’s, and there’s also the dry humor, which is pretty much in contrast with the slapstick comedy that pervades these days. This is a relic of another time, but that in itself wouldn’t mean much if the show is not as exuberantly compelling as it is. While I still have no idea why Dogakobo x Orange made this adaptation – which is not canonical to the manga at that, I’m definitely not going to look a gift horse in the mouth and it goes without saying that I’m very glad they did!
The latest episode was a blend of slice-of-life and situation comedy, and the two female leads – Kei and Tamaki, were obviously at the center of attention this week. If it wasn’t already apparent from last week’s preview, this episode was aiming for the most basic form of pandering – fanservice, and to that end, the various cosplaying endeavors were nothing less than a visual feat – especially if you’re as big a fan of Kei as I am! For a moment, I was quite worried we might not see the girls in all of their swimsuit glory – indeed, the intentional cop-out of that scene was pretty crafty – but all that anxiety turned out to be for naught and the epilogue, which had the entire photo shoot laid bare, was definitely a feast for the eyes! Needless to say, Kei and Tamaki present a marked contrary to each other – not just in their physical endowment, but also in the depiction of their character temperament. While Tamaki is the naïve and forceful one – not to mention busty, Kei is comparatively more conservative and thoughtful. Clearly, the both of them excel in different areas, but that doesn’t mean they can’t work as a team and when the time calls for it, they are most certainly capable of bringing it together – in fact, the dynamic duo pulled off quite a publicity stunt this week!
It wasn’t just Kei and Tamaki who had the time of their lives, the rest of the Zannen 5 also engaged in their fair share of goofing-around in this episode. Toshikazu, in particular, was a standout and his date – or whatever that is – with Anna (Tanaka Rina, Anko in Tamako Market) is bound to give those who have a imouto fetish utmost satisfaction. For all of his seemingly dispassionate demeanor, Toshikazu has proven to be quite attentive and charming when he needs to be, and I don’t think there’s any question that he’ll make a class-S boyfriend should he become one – and perhaps even a great father! Then there’s Suruga – he didn’t have any lines in this episode – who seems to be part of a secret operation this week and I suspect the unknown aircraft that is fast approaching Star Rose will be the key focus of the next episode. While I have no idea what new mysteries does it entail, it probably has something to do with the enigmatic girl from Episode 5 and by the look of it, she’ll be embarking on a vicious dogfight with Izuru next week – and that’s something that I’m most looking forward to!
- This is the first time we’ve gotten a visual confirmation of Kei’s bust size and I admit it was somewhat of a letdown – Don’t get me wrong though, I still love her to bits!
- Those beautiful, delicious legs more than make up for Kei’s inferior bust size – I know I’m weird, please don’t judge me!
- It looks Kei is more popular with the older folks – That could be the reason why I find her so adorable! No, I’m not that old, just slightly older!
- “I have control. You have control. Bon Voyage!” – Yamada Peko packs some pretty crazy driving skills!
- Is that Commander Komine? – I would be ecstatic if that doofus has, indeed, been removed from the commanding ranks!
- “This is a wee bit too sexy, I don’t think Asagi would survive seeing me in this” – that’s only true if he’s a lolicon, and I highly doubt that!
- “Don’t give me this crap” – Artistic necessity, that’s what they all say to make the girls strip!
- A huff and a puff – I wonder what those guys are watching. It could be Episode 10 of Kakumeiki Vavlrave!
tl;dr: @SeishunRC – #MajesticPrince 12: Cosplay and fanservice have never been so much fun – police, firefighter, teacher, nurse, military and of course, the venerable swimsuit! #Anime