I’ve been racking my brains trying to figure out the rationale behind Flare’s sudden reemergence and to my great surprise, the answer appears to be rather candid, certainly more straightforward than I thought! Flare’s role is front and center in the mysteries that surround Sun Village – the very location is her neck of the woods and she was raised by the same giants that Erza & Co. are trying to extricate! As it turns out, the red-haired mage is still in the running as a possible new recruit – Flare might not have joined a new guild just yet and her new insignia merely represents her connection to Sun Village! Even with the latest bombshells, Flare is still a thoroughgoing enigma and her true intention is pretty much an unknown at this stage. Indeed, she is proving to be a tough nut to crack and such perplexity is compounded by her seeming absence of mind – creepy, splenetic and a bit of a loose screw, Flare’s existence embodies a textbook case of a yandere! I sure as hell wouldn’t want to date someone like her – or any yandere, for that matter – but that doesn’t mean I can’t get a kick out of Flare’s seeming bizarreness. A big-time wingding that is such a blast to watch – her yandere charm fits into quite a unique niche, and should Flare become new addition to Fairy Tail, I’m certain she will have no problem holding her own against the rest!
Clearly, Flare wasn’t the only who one made her mark in this chapter – everyone received a fair share of the spotlight and Lucy, in particular, pulled off a moment of badass in this three-on-three showdown! Lucy’s eminent status as a sex symbol is utterly beyond doubt – but it is also somewhat unfortunate that her track record in the front line is not nearly as illustrious! For one reason or another, Lucy seems to be slipping into a damsel-in-distress role and the Grand Magic Games Arc has, no question, accentuated such a characterization! Lucy’s daredevil effort is certainly a long time coming – as we saw in this chapter, the Celestial Spirit Mage is not just a pretty face and she is proving to be every bit as capable of a fighter as the rest of her team! Those pesky Treasure Hunters are bound to make a return sooner or later – but now that this scuffle is done and over with, the center of attention should shift back to the more crucial matters at hand. The confrontations with Succubus Eyes – especially the face-off between Erza and Minerva – are obviously the ones that I’m watching most closely, but the reappearance of Flare has also introduced a whole new level of mystery to the current premise. Flare evidently knows more than she’s letting on and her backstory has marked a sudden lurch forward for the big-picture narratives – the secrets that beset Sun Village is slowly but surely falling into place, and what will be interesting is to see where things settle from here on out!
- “I was stalking Blondie all day and night!” – Kidding? I think not! A beautiful yuri tale is surely in the making over here.
- The gentle eyes that melt our hearts – I gotta admit, Flare can be pretty cute when she’s not being all-yandere!
- “Wobble! Wobble! Shake those asses” – Virgo’s back! You can always count on her to bring us the big laughs.
- “Ouch, that has gotta hurt!” – That derp face is just priceless! Hands down, Virgo’s my favorite Celestial Spirit.
- “It’s a hundred years too early for you to pick a fight with us” – Lucy got to be a badass this week! A long time coming, if I may say so.
- “Lucy Kick and Virgo Kick” – That said, the fanservice is definitely alive and well, even when Lucy’s being a badass!
- “Kyaa… A loli has been caught! ” – Someone ought to teach that naughty girl a lesson.
- Check out Stereoman’s new site and no, it’s not an anime blog! She’s truly a very gifted photographer – the kind of talent that plebeians like me can never hope to become!
tl;dr: @SeishunRC – #FairyTail 347: Stalker Alert! You don’t mess with a yandere. A Yuri Tale in the Making… #Manga