School Rumble Ni Gakki – 25, 26 (END)
School Rumble Episode 25
Isn’t it romantic, Harima
Harima, published in Jingama…
Come quickly, Harima…
School Rumble Episode 25
Isn’t it romantic, Harima?
- Harima reflects on how the editor refused his manga, telling him it was too realistic and instructing him to create one that he could actually print.
- As he is waiting for Yakumo to arrive, he hears the doorbell, but when he answers it he sees Tenma, who had gone there in Yakumo’s place, since she was busy.
- He tries to hide the presence of Itoko, thinking Tenma would misunderstand him.
- Itoko leaves, giving Harima a chance to be alone with Tenma, which makes him really nervous.
- They enter the work room with Tenma donning a hat and glasses.
- Harima alters his script trying to keep Tenma from seeing the similarities in the manga, but decides against it.
- Tenma realizes that the story is with the same characters as the previous manga, stating it must be a continuation, making Harima depressed at how dense she is.
- They realize that they forgot about the showing of the Three who were slashed, and quickly text messages Yakumo about it, who had already started recording it.
- Tenma says that it is okay for Harima to borrow the videotape of it after she had seen it.
Harima, published in Jingama…
- Yakumo, cleaning Iori’s paws, said that she had Tenma come in her place, since she had noticed that Harima liked Tenma, and wished for Tenma to notice him as well.
- Harima and Tenma begin reflecting on scenes in The Three who were slashed.
- Mizui calls him, asking how his progress is on the manga, which reminds Harima to work on it, as they had not been working on it much.
- Tenma, after asking Harima when his manga was supposed to be done, panics and wants to hurry along with it, but Harima says it is all right even if he is late, as he is happy enough just having Tenma near him.
- Tenma exclaims not to give up, as she wants to see the manga, and exclaims that she’ll follow him through with that, but Harima mishears her and thinks she said that she would go out with him.
- This raises Harima’s spirits, and they begin work on it.
Come quickly, Harima…
- Yakumo is looking over at a photo album that Iori had knocked down, and sees an image of her with a book that reminds her of the time in the past.
- Back with Harima and Tenma, Harima is thinking how best to move forward with their relationship.
- He asks Tenma if after they are done with that, if she would like to go for a bike ride with him, to which she agrees.
- When he looks over at what Tenma is doing, he panics when he sees she has completely colored a frame black.
- He has Tenma sharpen the pencils instead, so she doesn’t mess it up any more.
- They both are thinking how best to confess their feelings to their respective romantic interests.
- Harima then goes and tries to confess, but his stomach growls, and he chickens out and says he is hungry.
- As he is thinking about ordering something, Tenma says that she will make food, and doesn’t listen to Harima’s objections.
- As Tenma is making it, she asks where the seasoning is. As he calls Itoko, she says that it is beneath the table, which makes him wonder how she knows.
- As always, the food catches on fire and after struggling in eating it, Harima makes coffee.
- When he returns, he finds Tenma asleep.
- Yakumo finds the book, which is about a pair of friends who had had parted, and one trying to find the other, only to find that he has always been by him.
- Harima wonders how long Tenma will be asleep, and remembers the time where they had first met, which had caused him to fall in love with her.
- Tenma kicks the covers off, and as he goes to cover her back up and fighting his instincts, does so. Though in his fit, he had accidentally spilled over the ink bottle onto the manuscript.
- Bending over to get his sunglasses which Tenma had knocked off, she grabs him and says suki (love).
- Yakumo, who had been reading the book, sees the spirit who had appeared in the OVA.
Overall Summary and Thoughts
- This episode was pretty interesting, and I think the animators are doing a pretty decent job of ending the season. The content of these remaining two episodes is not in the manga to my knowledge, but it follows pretty well the feel in general of the series. The use of the book in order to go back and reflect on some of Yakumo’s past I think is a good thing, and I believe that those parts were part of the manga in the form of a sharp chapter. It’s a bit odd to see Yakumo being pretty angry at Tenma, as we are not really introduced to this side of her character. Though as will be seen in 26, the conflict over the book helped her to get over her differences with Tenma and be able to respect her sister. I found it humorous to see all of Harima’s reactions to Tenma being in his house, as unlike his usual self, when he is around Tenma, he absolutely falls apart. Also a nice poke at Tenma with her cooking skills, what with the food catching on fire, and Harima wondering how Tenma could make food that awful, referring to it as an art. It was funny to see how the only time that Harima made progress on the manga was when Tenma was asleep, without her distracting him or screwing up in some way or another. Overall, a decent episode, though I didn’t enjoy it nearly as much as the ending of episode 26, which I will elaborate on later on.
School Rumble Episode 26
School Rumble Episode 26
- The spirit from the OVA is with Yakumo, and asks her if it is really all right for Tenma to be with Harima, and that doesn’t Yakumo like him herself.
- After Yakumo replies that Harima loves her sister, it rationalizes that she wants Tenma to notice Harima, but asks if it is really all right to give the person she loves to her sister, since it is rare for someone to come along that Yakumo loves, and that Yakumo will then be alone.
- Yakumo remembers in the past with Yakumo being angry at Tenma for constantly calling her Yamo.
- Tenma comes along and tries to help Yakumo with various activities, against Yakumo’s objections, such as painting and clay, but completely screws them up.
- Yakumo hears a splash and Tenma says that since that book was dirty, she washed it, so that it would be clean.
- This upsets Yakumo, who wonders why Tenma is her sister, and runs off into her room with the book.
- Yakumo dreams about their father reading aloud the book to her, and wakes up. She comes out of the room and sees Tenma collapsed in the entryway, a bit battered, holding a new book and an apology note.
- Yakumo states that since they were alone, Tenma must be alone, but was always nice to her, and because of this, she wants Tenma to be happy.
- Tenma is clinging onto Harima, muttering suki, and Harima remembers that this was just like the first time they met.
- As he moves in to kiss her, she mutters Karasuma, and this depresses Harima.
- Tenma wakes up with him on top of her, and Harima panics and tries to explain what happened, but Tenma won’t believe him, thinking he is a pervert.
- Tenma then remembers that something like this had happened before, and points at Harima and wonders if Harima could have been that pervert from before, which he is, and Harima panics.
- Harima admits that he was the pervert before, but that in actuality he is not a real pervert, and that it was a misunderstanding just like this time.
- As Harima is trying to say that he hid his identity from her because he wanted to be at her side, he receives a phone call from Mizui wondering how he is doing.
- Mizui also mentions that Karasuma had been in what Harima misheard as an accident. He tells Tenma after trying to decide whether to or not, which has Tenma in tears.
- Harima offers her a helmet, and they go out on his motorcycle to where Karasuma is.
- Lightning strikes, and Tenma wakes up with Yakumo over her, asking if she is all right. Tenma gets up and asks about Karasuma, and he says that he is there, and she goes and hugs him.
- Itoko is lecturing Harima, asking him why he went out in his motorcycle in the rain, and he says he had no other choice at the time.
- The lightning knocked over a tree in their path, and they are knocked off, which causes Tenma to become unconscious, and Harima catches her in midair, and hurt his legs when he hit the ground holding her, though he was only injured when a truck ran him over.
- It turns out that Harima had misheard what Mizui had said, when what he actually said was that Karasuma had won the cup, referring to soccer.
- Harima refuses to go to school, but Itoko coaxes him with what would appear to be some sort of pistol.
- He goes to the school to give his letter of withdrawal.
- He flees when Tenma comes in, and Tenma goes after him, wanting to know why he is running away from her.
- Fujiki takes Karasuma’s picture, and gets bowled down as Harima and Tenma is running past.
- Yuuki tells Imadori that Karen’s birthday was coming up, and at that Karen completes his thoughts regarding the birthday by mentioning an episode of Dojibiron(sp?).
- As Harima and Tenma pass by, it causes Karen’s skirt to be blown up, interesting Imadori, but Lala gets in front of her, and attacks Imadori.
- Tougou is busy flexing his muscles and pumping up, while Harry reads a book. They overhear a rumor that Harima has a picture of Tae in the shower, which has them confronting him as it is the gentlemanly thing to do.
- Harima is now being chased by many people, and Tougou and Harry talk to him about the rumor.
- Harima flees to the roof, with Tenma close behind, and Tenma asks him why he is running away, and he responds that he has to now that she knows his true self.
- It turns out that Tenma really doesn’t really remember, and Harima stops her from trying to remember.
- Tenma gives Harima the promised video of the Three who were slashed.
- This gives Harima strength to continue, now that his love isn’t over, and rips up his letter.
- Akira states reset complete.
- Hanai is back on the kite, and asks someone to let him down.
- Lala attempts to oblige, but ends up sending him off into space again, with Tougou clapping and exclaiming bravo.
- They begin having a mock pillow fight, and Akira gets hit with one, and begins tossing them rapidly at everyone.
- Sara comments on how it is already Third semester to Yakumo, and they wonder what the future will be like.
- Tenma is bragging about the school trip to Yakumo, who is happy for her.
- As Yakumo is looking at the book, she notices that the book is from the library, and decides she has to return it.
Overall Summary and Thoughts
- Well, here we are, the ending of the second season of School Rumble. Have to wonder how many years we will have to wait in order for season 3 to come out. I absolutely enjoyed the ending of this episode, I think it did a very good job of encapsulating all of the humor and feeling of what School Rumble is at heart. This series is all about the various interactions between the characters, and the ending was evident of that. We have Itoko bullying Harima. Akira behaving in that strange neutral manner that is very fitting of her. Karen getting closer and closer to Imadori, Lala punishing Imadori for his perverted ways. Tougou being the epitome of masculinity, and all sorts of other interactions. School Rumble quickly became one of my favorite series, what with its obsession with making misunderstandings of everything, character interaction everywhere, the state of being between the Shoujo and Shounen genres, etc. My first time watching this episode, I was just laughing quite a bit at the ending, since it reminded me of everything I love about this series. It made me remember all of the hilarious moments that ensued within the 2 seasons and 1 OVA. Personally I am hoping for a third season, as I personally am a fan of the flag faction, which I am sure most of you know, but it is the Harima with Eri scenario. Quite a few interactions happened relating to this in the material in the manga following the events of this season, namely the Kyoto trip. I must admit that after re-watching this episode for probably the 4th time in order to write this summary, I found that what Akira had said was Reset complete, which I find sort of funny, as School Rumble is notorious with having resets in a sense in order to keep the story moving on. There never really has been a defining moment for the premise of this series, which is the romantic interest of Harima. The reset in this case referring to Tenma’s wiped memory, and Harima pursuing her once again. Even if the ending of this series didn’t really follow the manga that much, I still found it to be an interesting end. Overall I would rate this season of the series to be the same or greater quality as the previous. A very enjoyable ending episode for a great season of an excellent series.