Random Musings – DEATH NOTE: R and Miscellaneous Notes »« Random Musings – Shakugan no Shana II

Shakugan no Shana II – Commercial

Shakugan no Shana II   CM   01 Shakugan no Shana II   CM   02 Shakugan no Shana II   CM   03
Shakugan no Shana II   CM   04 Shakugan no Shana II   CM   05 Shakugan no Shana II   CM   06
Shakugan no Shana II   CM   07 Shakugan no Shana II   CM   08 Shakugan no Shana II   CM   09

During today’s episode of Darker than BLACK, MBS aired a Shakugan no Shana II commercial showing two new characters along with several of the returning ones. It was also discovered earlier this week that Kawada Mami will be singing the opening song which will be called JOINT, and the single for that is due out on October 31st according to a DiscStation listing which has since been pulled (see Google’s cache of the page). Anyway, I’m really looking forward to seeing Shana again, and hopefully it’ll turn out to be better than ZnT is right now. The new season is slated to take over Darker than BLACK’s timeslot – Thursday nights at 25:25 JST – starting October 4th.

August 30, 2007 at 10:51 pm
  • August 30, 2007 at 10:54 pmKyonne

Omg, i almost had a heart attack when i saw the name “Shakugan no Shana”

• August 30, 2007 at 10:54 pmTimerswing

OMFG!!!!!!!!!!YEAH!!!!!!!!!!2 YEARS FOR THIS!!!!!FINALLY!!!!!

• August 30, 2007 at 10:55 pmjaalin

kugimiya rie’s a hot commodity right now! uruchai uruchai uruchai baka baka baka BAAAAKA

• August 30, 2007 at 10:55 pmTimerswing

OMFG!!!!!YEAH!!!!!2 YEARS FOR THIS!!!! FINALLY!!!!!

• August 30, 2007 at 11:03 pmAvisch

It seems as if the Thursday timeslot has all the major exciting shows (CODE GEASS, DtB) and now this.

• August 30, 2007 at 11:31 pmGenestarwind

Question, Isn’t Kawada Mami and Kotoko are same person???The voice are exactly the same and i have no doubt.

• August 30, 2007 at 11:36 pmsetsuke

Wait is that episode commercial included in DtB or it just air in MBS? OMG finally some news on Shana. I think this http://randomc.net/image/Shakugan%20no%20Shana/Shakugan%20no%20Shana%20II%20-%20CM%20-%20Large%2006.jpg pic is the character in vol 0 in Shana novel

• August 30, 2007 at 11:37 pmGintama

CAN”T WAIT

• August 30, 2007 at 11:39 pmrin

YEY! Been waiting forever ^^

• August 30, 2007 at 11:41 pmewok

Shana’s back!

• August 30, 2007 at 11:42 pmJulius

No they are not! They are completely different people. Search for their music vids on youtube or veoh. Kawada is the one with the protruding chin and Kotoko is the one with the big teeth.

If you’re still not convinced, try searching for the Love Planet Five music vid, since they’re both in it with three other singers.

• August 30, 2007 at 11:45 pmAznSoulboy

“Omg, i almost had a heart attack when i saw the name “Shakugan no Shana” ”

Kyonne, ur not the only one LOL. I actually closed my eyes cuz something was in my eyes then when I opened I saw shakugan no shana I was like O.O. holy crap

• August 30, 2007 at 11:48 pmShuin

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee shana!! ”urusai urusai urusai!!” :D

• August 30, 2007 at 11:49 pmaev

@setsuke
    vol 0 was a prologue and parody. You’re probably thinking 12.

Anyone know who this is though?
    Don’t remember anyone like that in any of the novels. Unless it was side story.

Also wondering how they plan on getting back on track with the novels since season one took an original ending route.

• August 30, 2007 at 11:50 pmfurinyue

well it start come out ?? or we need to wait for suzumi haruhi and tsukaima finish 1st ?? then shana

• August 30, 2007 at 11:54 pmhayate-sama

@ave
    that is the producer job, there is no fun when you watch an anime when you have already known the end right ?

• August 31, 2007 at 12:00 amaev

ahaha true. so many times I ruined/spoiled myself by reading the novel/manga first

• August 31, 2007 at 12:03 amTotali

Ah man, I am so excited about the second season. Hearing that Kawada Mami will be doing the OP again is even better news for me!!

• August 31, 2007 at 12:11 amhayate-sama

@ave
    in the novel, are there any kiss between yuji and shana ? .This season i hope yuji can fight along side with shana and their kiss too

• August 31, 2007 at 12:35 amaev

I’ll keep this a spoiler free as possible so basically yes/no answer…

• August 31, 2007 at 12:36 amp3p

FINAAALLLYYY!!!!

• August 31, 2007 at 12:44 amMaimeDaifuku

Woot!!! Shana!!! Melon-Pan!!!! De-arimasu!

• August 31, 2007 at 1:16 amTokkan

The character in this picture is not from the novels and was an original character made for the Shana DS/PS2 game. Her name is Mare, and in the game she was voiced by Kobayashi Sanae, though it’s possible she’ll be voiced by someone different in the anime. That’s all I will say.

• August 31, 2007 at 1:21 amAniki

ahhh, shana, soo cute, cant wait for her again, and she look so nice in that pic

• August 31, 2007 at 1:24 amEz Mac

Oh Yeah can’t wait!!! I really hope its a lot better than ZnT!!!

• August 31, 2007 at 1:36 amNekozama

well technically Shakugan no Shana is better than Znt even in their first seasons so I’m already expecting better result than ZnT ~

• August 31, 2007 at 1:43 amX

Please tell me that Yuji guy gets cool and not rely on Shana again! Come on, i know Shana rocks, but a lame guy like Yuji who cant do anything at all, hell at least Nagasumi in Seto no Hanayome can dodge attacks and detect presence using his own hair lmao.

• August 31, 2007 at 1:50 amFuruba

omg! yay! can’t wait!! =O one more month!! weeeeeeee~~~ and it’s at the beginning at the month too, yosha!!

• August 31, 2007 at 1:59 amaev

@Tokkan
    tnx for info.
    makes me want to play the game now just to see the story… too bad my import ps2 fell to DRE
    at least it’ll be something new to look forward to plot wise for me

• August 31, 2007 at 2:02 ammutio

Hope this series will get the end it deserves with this second season.
    I really like the first season, was immediately catch by the story and setting and of course, Shana is cute :)
    Ah nice nice, good there’s a second season coming, the first one ended rather open.

• August 31, 2007 at 2:06 amHagiri

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!

Shaaaaaaaanaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa PaaaaaaaaaaaaWaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!

• August 31, 2007 at 2:52 amJudge

I believe that I found a pretty low quality youtube version of the commercial, though it was really hard to make out any of the sound, but here it is anyway.

Judge

• August 31, 2007 at 3:22 amBAKABAKASHI

EMPATSU SHAKUGAN NO UCHITE BAD ASS CHICK IS BACK…. I HOPE THIS SECOND SEASON IS LOT LOT BETTER THEN THE FIRST ONE.. (CROSS MY FINGER)…OHH SHIT CAN WAIT TO WATCH THIS SHOW MAN.. (SHIVERING…)

• August 31, 2007 at 3:24 amTyper

Is SnS I – worth watching? I got totally bored and stopped watching :S

• August 31, 2007 at 3:27 amJosh

yeah finally it is here!!!

• August 31, 2007 at 3:31 amKaioshin_Sama

Good so they got Mami Kawada, who did the very nice first opening of the first series again. Hopefully they can spare us Kotoko though as that second opening song and frankly every song I’ve heard her do was/are just painful.

More Rie Kugimiya is always welcome though. Crazy versatile actress. Only one I know of who can do Moe ang Gar at the same time besides that Yukari Tamura there. MOEGAR!

• August 31, 2007 at 4:21 amThe Cappinometerr

‘Nuff said! Urusai! Urusai! Urusai!

• August 31, 2007 at 6:36 amJaran

WOOT SHANA!!!!!1!!!11!one!!

Seriously though, I can’t wait!

• August 31, 2007 at 6:36 amRyuk

YAY!!!! shakugan no shana comeback~~ i even hope theres a 3ed season XD

• August 31, 2007 at 6:58 am>_>

weeeeeeeeeeee~

• August 31, 2007 at 7:49 amOropherZero

animation looks a bit different, less 3D and higher contrast or something

• August 31, 2007 at 8:04 ammay08

shana i miss you so much!
    i’ll be expectiong Big for rie

• August 31, 2007 at 9:16 amSyaoran Li

I saw this commercial on Comikat 72 a couple of weeks ago. Is good to see they take more material from the novels, especially the villians. Now, I’m wondering if JC Stuff will make the same MadHouse did with claymore, and showus an original ending for the 2nd season.

• August 31, 2007 at 9:28 amhao-addict

Yay a second season! :3 First season was awesome. I wonder how action-packed this season would be full of.

• August 31, 2007 at 9:33 amReiji Maigo

Finaly! My reason for live :).

• August 31, 2007 at 10:00 amsetsuke

Actually dont you think they will make an original ending since the novel still havent finish and in the novel i remember that bel peoh(or what it’s name already) is still plotting something

• August 31, 2007 at 1:32 pmMisao

muchas gracias por la info aunque no entiendas loq q digo xD aca te saludamos desde chile~~ arigato! shana 2 *o*!!!

• August 31, 2007 at 2:02 pmDeadMonkeys

> Question, Isn’t Kawada Mami and Kotoko are same person???The voice are exactly the same
    > and i have no doubt.
    They’re not the same person, but they do work together quite often, as they’re both members of the same production group (called “I’ve Sound”). The tunes for Onegai Teacher & Twins was actually both of them in a duet. Hayate no Gotoku has them paired up with KOTOKO doing one song and Mami doing the other for every season.

• August 31, 2007 at 3:18 pmKekeke

OMG! SnSII is gonna be aired next month!! Can’t wait! :D

But… umm… maybe it’s just me or do I find the character design a bit different than the 1st season? For example, the very 1st screenie pic…. it stumbled me all of a sudden and think of one character in mind: Louise.

As for the music, I’m glad that it’s still the same Mami Kawada for the OP. When the first season was still airing, I’ve read a lot of comments on various blog saying that KOTOKO’s “Being…” is more suitable for the 1st half of the season than Mami Kawada’s “Hishoku no Sora”. For me, I could care less which one’s first in the 2nd season since it’s obvious that both of them will cover their songs for the OP sequence. :D

Seems like Yuuji’s prepared for some brawlin together with Shana in this new season… I wonder how long he can last, not to mention having a huge risk of getting caught again for his Reiji Maigo…. looks interesting. :D Oh yeah, I also wonder if he’ll be using Blutsauger. :D

• August 31, 2007 at 3:45 pmDeathclock

OMGZOR YEAHHH
    Moar shana !

• August 31, 2007 at 5:40 pmTyrenol

SnS had treated the male lead like CRAP.

And what’s CRAP will always be CRAP. Remember that.

• August 31, 2007 at 7:07 pmhayate-sama

@kekeke

“I also wonder if he’ll I Blutsauger”

yeah, how cool it is, Blutsauger is much more stronger than shana ‘s Nietono no Shana.

• August 31, 2007 at 8:11 pmFlameStrike

Heh great! About time we had more Shana, it would be great if Yuji would grow a spine or another awesome male character comes but Shana is enough to compensate

• August 31, 2007 at 8:17 pmLike MJ-chan

Did character design change? It kind looks closer to Noji’s charater than last season.

• August 31, 2007 at 8:22 pmkai

YEAHH~!!! it finally coming out ………. HAHAHA~~!!

• August 31, 2007 at 8:43 pmF.A.I.T.H

Hurray!

October 4th seems so far away all of a sudden…

• August 31, 2007 at 10:42 pmAishiteru

Finally! I can’t wait for this one to come. Hooray Wilhelmina! de arimasu :)

• August 31, 2007 at 11:59 pmnanami

YYYYYYEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS!! I LUV YOU!! THANK YOU FOR POSTING THIS!! But wowie, Oct. 4th…I can’t wait!!

• September 1, 2007 at 1:16 amquigonkenny

Is it just me or does she look a bit older? Especially in the second to last pic (even more apparent in the scene in the trailer that pic is from).

• September 1, 2007 at 7:12 amRinkun

the pic in the middle does it indicate shana is shock by the fact yuji can actually fight? XD

• September 1, 2007 at 8:17 amKekeke

@Hayate-sama
    Right, right, that would be kewl. :D Although I’m not that sure if blutsauger is more powerful than nietono no shana. Umm… can someone confirm about this one?

@FlameStrike
    Yep, I agree. Shana can handle everything even without Yuuji around. But to think that Yuuji is being enthusiastic on his training with her… he might be too far from being strong (or let’s just say “too far from being as strong as shana”), but he won’t be labeled as a “spineless wimp” anymore. Anyway, we’ll see in a few episodes when the 2nd season starts. :D

Now that I think about Shana… Rie Kugimiya sure is super popular these days, due to her role as Shana. Even the original creator of “Hayate no Gotoku!” manga picked her for the anime adaptation as the voice of Nagi Sanzen’in (and even parodied her role as Shana with her “urusai, urusai, urusai!” catchphrase in ep. 6). Both her and Satoshi Hino also did great in their roles as Louise and Saito of ZnT, which the 2nd season is still airing. Now that the 2nd season of SnS is coming near, every SnS fan is expecting for both of them to deliver their roles perfectly just like the 1st one, and I believe they’ll do just fine, especially Rie Kuimiya (she’s my current seiyuu favorite :D).

I’m also expecting for other seiyuus too. Can’t wait to hear voices of Hitomi Nabatame and Shizuka Ito (both of them have roles in Hayate no Gotoku as Katsura siblings: Yukiji and Hinagiku). :D

• September 1, 2007 at 2:33 pmHirvine

Shana II finally! That’s great news, I totally forget it just the next month. Man, I hope someone will sub this in good quality. I envy all of you who have has anime at their TV. We (Netherlands) only got the big ones, like Pokémon, Digimon and crap like that. The real anime’s never comes :(.

• September 1, 2007 at 3:57 pmBlkdemon

OMG I BEEN WAITING FOR THIS FOR ALONG TIME, DAMN IS FINALY OUT, BUT THE Shakugan no Shana 2 comming out on Oct. damn 1 more month,
    CANT FUVKING W8

• September 1, 2007 at 4:44 pmCrystal

OMFG FINALLY.
    O_O
    I’ve been waiting two years for this. They better make it good. D:

• September 2, 2007 at 4:25 amMEEE

YESSSSSSSSS!!!=DDD

• September 2, 2007 at 8:46 amsawatari

yey i can’t wait to watch this

• September 2, 2007 at 8:53 amKyon

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!second season god loves me T_T

• September 2, 2007 at 3:16 pmYakamaru

Oh! I’ve been waiting sooo long for a second season of Shakugan No Shana.. I just love the series xD

• September 2, 2007 at 3:48 pmThLstN

How many episodes do you think this one will have? I hope it’ll be more than 24 xD

• September 2, 2007 at 6:47 pmyellowguy

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh
    WHAT NOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
    ……………………………………………….

• September 3, 2007 at 8:41 amFirstimer

Its coming out at a nice timing lor, comes out the same day as my last paper. =D Disappointed at the commercial though, it lasted for 14sec; zZzZzZzZzZz

• September 4, 2007 at 6:43 pmShakuganNoShanaROX

omfg i waited for this for two years it is such a good anime i die watching 24 hours straight to finish the whole series in one night it is finally out woot u all know how i feel this is how everyone feels

• September 4, 2007 at 6:56 pmShakuganNoShanaROX

haha yaea what he said all the way :X stop spaming baka man ur a stupid baka bakaaaaa??? wtf lol dont spam its gay LOOOOL all the way :X nah i dont think they kissed at all that was the sad bit of the show … it was so suppose to be partly romance lol …. ohwell having yuji being able to fight with her together is already pretty good though but thats just sad they dont kiss lolo all the way :X but it took too long for the second season to come out i waited so long :X ohwell if u like shakugan no shana u should try out zero no tsukaima then the second season zero no tsukaima futatsuki no kishi which is pratically the continus version of zero no tsukaima and is practically just like shakugan no shana so u shouldt ry it is after pretty good. and by the way anyone know where to get light novels>???? i cant seem to find light novels of any of these animes but only the manga which doesnt have much process and by the way it is still sad they didnt kiss after all haha!!!

• September 7, 2007 at 9:18 amJenose

^^) so nice, make me so happy to see this title return~

crap, crap (-w-)/*/

• September 13, 2007 at 7:03 amDeMCooL

Wery nice anime,when season II gonna start?

• September 13, 2007 at 7:04 amDeMCooL

Wery nice anime.when season II gonna start?

• October 26, 2007 at 5:54 pmmikami_tsuni

omg~ i’m so happy they’re continuing the series!!

• June 1, 2008 at 6:22 pmpalmcoast

Do you know if Shakugan No Shana second will be dubbed in english? I know it all takes time for this to happen, but seeing as the DVDs out now are out of print, i’m not so sure about it. I figured they would re-dub it, i mean, it only makes sense that they would because they dubbed the first season, but i have some doubt.

• June 1, 2008 at 6:24 pmpalmcoast