Yosuga no Sora – 03 »« Yosuga no Sora – 01

Yosuga no Sora   02   28 Yosuga no Sora   02   29 Yosuga no Sora   02   30
Yosuga no Sora   02   31 Yosuga no Sora   02   32 Yosuga no Sora   02   33
Yosuga no Sora   02   34 Yosuga no Sora   02   35 Yosuga no Sora   02   36
Yosuga no Sora   02   37 Yosuga no Sora   02   38 Yosuga no Sora   02   39

「アキラハズカシ」 (Akira Hazukashi)
“Akira, That’s Embarrassing”

It’s almost as if writers this season are having the time of their lives scripting fake-outs and parodies in their premiere episodes. Well in Sora’s case, her tease had me thinking that Haruka should have responded with, “Oh I’ll size you up all right.” Needless to say, he didn’t pull through for us because he was just as speechless as we were last time. In terms of providing a hook in the first episode, I must admit it worked wonders though. In comparison, this episode toned down the “Haru love” dramatically, with Nao being one of the few girls seen blushing helplessly when she was put shoulder to shoulder with him by fellow classmate/friend Nakazato Ryouhei (Nakakuni Takurou). What that translates to in my mind is a bait and switch by the writers to throw us off and keep us guessing what direction this adaptation will take.

Out of all the girls, I’ve taken a liking to Sora the most thus far (oh why do I always pick the emo ones?), but Akira’s easygoing and feisty personality proved to be a breath of fresh air. This includes her getting close to Haru and making him blush for a change, as well as helping other students with resewing buttons onto their uniforms when she was dying to go to the washroom. Incidentally, Akira also proved to be the first girl to draw any sort of an aroused and flustered response from our main protagonist, which includes inadvertently flashing him some of her bra while she was in her shrine maiden outfit. Aside from the beginnings of some of Akira’s backstory on how she lives alone at the temple and how the defensive, candy store shopkeeper Ifukube Yahiro (Tanaka Ryouko) serves as her guardian of sorts, the only other girl shown to be making an honest effort towards hooking up with Haru was Kazuha. Naturally, that had me thinking that her somewhat strict behavior towards Akira may become an outlet for her to vent her frustration towards a potential rival, but color me surprised when I found out that they probably don’t even care to have Haru in the picture. Behind closed doors, Akira is the “onee-chan” all of a sudden, which immediately came off as some sort of reverse role-play.

Given how the end of the first episode wasn’t anything like it was made out to be, I’m inclined to believe that there isn’t any deeper meaning to this either. Whatever the case, I’m not anticipating anything this time around. :P As for Sora, it’s nice to see her join the gang at school just in time for cleaning the pool, as she could probably use a cold shower to rid herself of all those thoughts about her twin brother. Other than that, her twin-tails school uniform look puts a cuter and more innocent spin on her character, though I still prefer the one at home with her white one piece dress. At some subconscious level, it’s probably because it has that emo thing going for it. *sigh* It’s like a sickness!

Omake

Yosuga no Sora   02   Omake 01 Yosuga no Sora   02   Omake 02 Yosuga no Sora   02   Omake 03
Yosuga no Sora   02   Omake 04 Yosuga no Sora   02   Omake 05 Yosuga no Sora   02   Omake 06

Yosuga no Sora   02   Preview 01 Yosuga no Sora   02   Preview 02 Yosuga no Sora   02   Preview 03

October 15, 2010 at 1:27 am
  • October 15, 2010 at 1:33 amFlamingYu

That;s a let down. the 1st scene

• October 15, 2010 at 1:34 amxcswmboy

Looking forward to next week, not as much boob this episode. lol.

• October 15, 2010 at 1:38 amRobz

Hmm.. I wonder what this is going to turn out to be.. :S

• October 15, 2010 at 3:09 amNhelraios

Probably a false alarm or haru’s imagination something like that. Note to self “Dont get too excited lol”

• October 15, 2010 at 4:23 am._.

Kazuha x Akira. If you zoom in, you can see the school swimsuit

• October 15, 2010 at 4:25 amgnomtastic

same here but i would be happy if we would see some sister love

• October 15, 2010 at 4:34 amkeiOnDaisuki

oh gods..it’s kazuha x akira!! man, I’M LOVING THIS! FAVORITE THIS SEASON.! XDD

• October 15, 2010 at 1:40 amEliteF22

I just know that preview is a bait and switch.

• October 15, 2010 at 1:41 amjrj

thanks for the post even on your birthday, Divine :)
    I see you did not mention anything about the preview this time around… suspicious fluid there…
    It is definitely interesting to see which girl’s route this anime will head into…
    Ps. the link on resewing buttons seems to be on the wrong picture…

• October 15, 2010 at 1:50 amPerlaNemesis

There is a reason why Kazuha is calling Akira “Onee-chan”.

It’s revelead in chapter 6 of manga.

• October 15, 2010 at 1:54 amKnillinux

Those are two sets of very feminine legs in that preview. I’m hoping that since Haru can’t possibly get with all the girls, we can bet on some tasteful girl-on-girl action to make up for it.

• October 15, 2010 at 4:18 amkeiOnDaisuki

LOL. i thought the same. hoping to see some girl-on-girl action here btw. BWAHAHAHAHA- *stabbed*

• October 15, 2010 at 1:56 amDawn

Is it weird i don’t watch the omake? the first time i kind of was just like “…” so, i’ll save my self from now on.

• October 15, 2010 at 2:09 amJaden

Well played Yosuga no Sora, I definitely fell for it not to mention making me feel bad for assuming what was going to happen, throughout the opening it felt like someone was staring at me at me for thinking of such possibilities (What? I actually thought they were going to well you know.. Sue me!). Anyway for the preview, all I can say is that “I’m not gonna fall for the same trick twice!” though if it’ll turn out to be what we “want” it to be, I can’t complain (so basically it’s a win-win situation *wink*).

As the episode itself, Akira and Kazuah’s relationship was pretty fun to watch which only gave the onee-chan revelation much more surprising in my part. Though out of all the girls, I’m quite keen to find out about Nao, something definitely happened between her and the twins. Speaking of, Sora was pretty cute trying to kill the mosquito with a hair spray. ^^

• October 15, 2010 at 2:23 amBreedo

I usually lose patience with the emo types but they really do a good job of making Sora someone easily symapthized with, almost like she’s so sheltered she doesn’t know any better than to love her brother so much because she hasn’t had an alternative yet, quite intriguing. I’m with Divine. I’m wary of these teasers but they got to suprise us with one coming true, right?

• October 15, 2010 at 3:48 amBROOKLYN otaku

Twincest..STILL FTW!!!

• October 15, 2010 at 3:48 amTehJawknee

Divine, your link to Akira’s sewing button is wrong. Just lettin ya know.

• October 15, 2010 at 4:45 amDivine

It was 01, so I forgot to set it to begin with. Thanks for the heads-up.

• October 15, 2010 at 3:58 amamado

ive read the manga so I know why she calls her onee-chan….
    but it will still be interesting to see how the anime does it since both are doing it differently and the anime seems to on a “deeper” level

• October 15, 2010 at 5:27 amcutemi2

I need more Visine to clear my sore eyes because of those scenes

• October 15, 2010 at 5:32 amewok40k

I am pleasantly surprized at the series, it keeps me surprised again and again.
    I am suspecting Akira and Kazuha can be indeed sisters, with Akira being extramarital child. I am also wondering why on earth is she living alone in that temple.
    Is it a sezon of wincest, btw?
    We have Oreimo, Miya from Amagami, Elsi posing as sister in TWOGK, and this series!

• October 15, 2010 at 5:38 amKalliente

I just want to know why Sora has such a grudge against Nao, as they were obviously good friends in the past. Just simple jealousy, or something deeper?

• October 15, 2010 at 9:07 pmamado

I dont really know but from some info I got from the ED song somehow hints that…

MAJOR SPOILER(maybe, I think so)

• October 15, 2010 at 7:14 amScience

I felt that this episode centered on kazuha more than akira, especially during the second half. I agree on the leg thing- it’s two females in swim suits. Glad to see that the last scene from episode 1 turned out to be something pretty innocent.

• October 15, 2010 at 7:51 amClementIV

I still feel like this is going to turn out like School Days but this episode put some of those fears on the sidelines. There is still the possibility but I feel that it is unlikely that it will turn out like that.

What I’m currently interested in is just how long this adaptation will be. They are taking around 5-6 minutes away from the story to do the double ED and the omake, which they are interesting but those few minutes could be better used.

• October 15, 2010 at 6:08 pmsealouse

Well a lighthearted fun episode with things turning more serious next time?

• October 15, 2010 at 8:46 pmXevar

The first half was a nice ‘character development’, but I found it boring (not much ecchi? lulz). The last part was a sure cliffhanger, too!

• October 16, 2010 at 1:18 amlongtimefirsttime

I was wondering about something. In episode 1, when Akira sees them in the supermarket, she recognizes Haruka, but then in the same episode when he first goes to school, she introduces herself to him. So what gives? If this is a plot point, then forget I said anything and I will find out if and when they bring it up! lol

• October 17, 2010 at 12:03 pmVal

i hope for god sake that the writers don’t choose to go for the incest part.
    i’m really not sick enough to like incest.

• October 17, 2010 at 3:01 pmScience

LOL. I guess you don’t wanna know the canonical outcome of the eroge then?

• October 18, 2010 at 11:24 amgnomtastic

I just watched ep 3 and there is no sister love there it was again only an imagination…