One Piece 603 – Destined of the Destined »« One Piece 601 – The New Romance Dawn

One Piece 602 – Differences, They Matter

One Piece Manga   602   01

Although Luffy has the “dangerous” power of making allies, it seems like his own crewmembers can be a little charismatic themselves, what with Perona (the new outfit is dazzling), Weatheria, Heraclesun, Ivankov’s okama group, and of course, Boa Hancock all helping them in their own little way to escape the marines. I suppose all hopes of any of those people joining the crew are dashed, but I’m only sad that Perona isn’t joining them. Hancock would be a mess, but Perona could have actually worked.

Anyway, the entire crew has now come together at last, and Luffy’s reaction to Franky was completely something I called several chapters ago. Sanji took the award for “most hilarious of chapter 602,” with nosebleeds to every woman he sees. Man, I feel sorry for him. The meeting itself wasn’t as teary as I thought it would’ve been, since only Brook cried. Robin doesn’t say anything, as usual. I guess they don’t have the time for it? Maybe it’ll hit them in the next chapter huh? I just like some emotion in my One Piece, is all, and this seems like the perfect time to exploit it. The crew is like the main source of emotion, so why wouldn’t Oda take advantage of this situation and make some nice scenes?

For the coating, I assume when the bubble expands, the air pressure inside the bubble which includes the ship and everyone else is less than the outside pressure. Due to this, the boat will sink. It’s pretty cute how the bubble wraps around the sails, and yet provides enough of a bubble on the deck for people to come out. How ridiculously convenient to sail underwater right? Earlier I didn’t understand how the hell they were going to ride the underwater currents with sails when there’s a giant bubble over them, but I guess the bubble is just that awesome.

I’ve been wanting the crew to have a deep chit chat about what’s been going on in their lives for the past two years, and was a little sad to not see it this chapter. However, Luffy mentions it near the end, so my face lit up in hopes for it to appear in the future. It’s kind of like, a gap missing from the crew that you just have to fill up before the New World you know?

October 27, 2010 at 10:15 pm
  • October 27, 2010 at 10:17 pmeric

you forgot to include rayleigh in the backup crew

• October 27, 2010 at 10:22 pmKiiragi

eh. He’s obligatory.

• October 27, 2010 at 10:18 pmSIlivious

Nice one. That image made me cring. XD

• October 27, 2010 at 10:22 pmAznCoffee

AHHH MY EYES. I-I can’t un-watch it. OTL

• October 27, 2010 at 10:32 pmOni

lol i never knew Sanji could use Amaterasu

• October 27, 2010 at 10:59 pmkeiOnDaisuki

T_T one piece never fails to make me actually cry like a sap.the reunion was emotional for me,albeit i didn’t get all teary-eyed.

• October 27, 2010 at 11:22 pmCode Fanboy

I laughed knowing that Luffy and Sanji switched places. I’m sure both wouldn’t mind switching places. OF course if that were to happen then Samji would’ve been stoned.

• October 27, 2010 at 11:31 pmWill

I have waited SOO long for sanji to find out that Luffy got sent to the island of women. Unfortunately i have to wait even longer for him to find out the Empress is in love with him… that will be a excellent chapter :P

• October 27, 2010 at 11:36 pmBlarg

I think each character is gonna have some sort of extensive flashback when it’s their chance to fight (a major enemy probably). It’s more likely than them just chatting about it, but I guess that can happen too.

• October 28, 2010 at 12:16 amKiiragi

I can see that happening, most likely bits and pieces explaining their new moves. Oda might even resort to that technique for several arcs..

• October 27, 2010 at 11:47 pmderp…

I just wonder if they will curb stomp the enemy of this new adventure.

• October 27, 2010 at 11:51 pmGodKnows

Now that the crew is back I wonder what they’re gonna do now….Get back at blackbeard?Beat up some marines?

• October 28, 2010 at 12:20 ammutio

The thing with Perona not joining them is really a bit disappointig. Seems like she and Zoro became friends, which is really rare for a character type like Zoro. Maybe we’ll see her in the future though. Only because they didn’t get any new crewmember right away it doesn’t mean they won’t get any at all. Personally I have the suspicion, that they’ll get a new crew member on fishman island, but we’ll see about that.

I’m wondering now, if the journey will continue or if Oda will put a big flashback part between where he tells us, what happened to all the crew members during the past two years. I’d prefer to get the story going though, he could still release a special manga like the tales of the pirate crew or something. Now we have a nice flaw in the story again, a flashback would most likely crush it~

• October 28, 2010 at 12:24 amBROOKLYN otaku

I’m sorry i doubted sanji…that reaction was..priceless

• October 28, 2010 at 12:32 amvin-nii

very nice pic, Kiiragi ;)

• October 28, 2010 at 12:42 amKiiragi

:] I try.

• October 28, 2010 at 1:09 amYoon

hmm I don’t like the new one piece so far…I really really hope it grows on me.

• October 30, 2010 at 11:47 amneko

the “new” One Piece?……. wtf

• October 28, 2010 at 1:17 amLectro Volpi

-”And now another detour before Fishman Island!”

Please, Fishman Island already!!!!

-”I just wonder if they will curb stomp the enemy of this new adventure.”

They should.

• October 28, 2010 at 1:36 amJaysus

It would be a bit hard for them to detour Fishman Island. I mean… what’s the likelihood of them running into anyone else while actually sailing underwater?

Oh and… <3 Perona <3… you always were my favorite female character in One Piece.

• October 28, 2010 at 2:26 amlkaze

what do you guys think are the odd of jimbo taking revenge against luffy for the sharky?
    i think it’s pretty high, he probably say something like we’re friend but we need to settle the debt as well. maybe there’s even a battle of nami with sharky. :p

• October 28, 2010 at 2:20 pmJaysus

Jimbei was grateful towards Luffy for putting Arlong in his place, and if I recall correctly he even showed signs of guilt for what Arlong had done.

• October 28, 2010 at 2:20 pmJaysus

*Jinbei

• October 28, 2010 at 4:25 amrasone0104

Lol
    Sanji looked so pitiful after hearing that Luffy went to the
    Isle of Women.

• October 28, 2010 at 4:27 amZone

haha nice pic kiiragi…didnt hw “similar” it was until i saw the pic.

perona looks so much better nw, nt tat she looks bad previously..haha

• October 28, 2010 at 5:39 amWeirdo

Gotta love Perona’s new outfit :)

• October 28, 2010 at 5:48 amjdot

I think in 1 of the small pictures of their flag there’s an extra something

• October 28, 2010 at 6:16 amCroosboy シ

Yup sanji is the most hilarious in this episode. seeing him get tons of blood and getting fired up when he knew that luffy was in the amazon island. i wonder what the next chapter is all about

• October 28, 2010 at 6:29 amxela

am i the only person that cheered when sunny set sail. what a perfect way to announce the strawhats return.

• October 28, 2010 at 6:31 amxela

also how badass is rayleigh. “i suggest you dont cross this line”

• October 28, 2010 at 7:33 amanimeE

What a great title lmao!!! I love the wink with the * cracking!!!! It’s funny, Luffy gets sent to an isle of beautiful women and he doesn’t even know what to do with it. Sanji gets sent to an isle of….. well read the story and he is PISSED!! I love it!
    Great way to send the crew off. I look forward to the new adventures.

• October 28, 2010 at 7:47 amNecromas

Aw man, now I want Perona to have joined the crew.

• October 28, 2010 at 7:51 ambunny

i found it hilarious how one of the okamas was eating a marine

• October 28, 2010 at 9:08 amanimeE

Yeah i saw that too! that was too funny!

• October 28, 2010 at 9:59 amFlappy

I am not sure if thats their way of kissing *shivers*

• October 28, 2010 at 12:34 pmNaYa

And one of the downed marines have a kiss mark on his head! lol

• October 28, 2010 at 4:41 pmRyougaZell

Perona looks awesome. Im sad she didnt join

• October 28, 2010 at 6:18 pmClinton

i saw that perona was floating meaning she was in here spirt form for all we know he real body could be on the sunny

• October 28, 2010 at 9:39 pmK.K.

I think I actually like the characters after the time-skip more than before (not that I didn’t love them before, of course). The only problem so far is that the Fakehat crew was annoying, which dampens things.

Was kind of hoping that Perona and Heracles’n would join the Strawhats, but it’s good to see them set sail, as well. They’ve been teasing Fishman Island for over 100 chapters now, and it’ll be good to see Jinbei again. If they pick up a new member at the isle, it’ll probably be Hatchi. Personally, I’m still hoping they manage to find/rescue Jewelry Bonney (methinks she’s probably like Whitebeard’s daughter or something, given her reactions to the war at Marine HQ).

• October 29, 2010 at 8:37 amYanDaMan

Perona not joining the crew makes me uber sad.

• October 30, 2010 at 11:45 amneko

Common Kiiragi. .the marines were chasing them.. they had to escape as fast as possible.. no time for emotional reunions or chitchat, it will probably happen in the next chapters. .as u said..

i dont get what so AWESOME about Perona that people want her on the crew.. really? Perona as a SW? .. god.. shes totally loyal to Moria.. we will probably see her again with him in the new world

dammit.. i really really will miss Rayleigh .. hes one of my favorite characters, and one of the most badass in OP..

• October 30, 2010 at 5:39 pmray

a new adventure awaits the straw hat crew!