Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica – 10 »« Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica – 08

Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica – 09

Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica   09   01 Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica   09   02 Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica   09   03
Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica   09   04 Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica   09   05 Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica   09   06
Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica   09   07 Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica   09   08 Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica   09   09
Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica   09   10 Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica   09   11 Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica   09   12
Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica   09   13 Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica   09   14 Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica   09   15
Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica   09   16 Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica   09   17 Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica   09   18
Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica   09   19 Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica   09   20 Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica   09   21
Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica   09   22 Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica   09   23 Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica   09   24
Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica   09   25 Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica   09   26 Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica   09   27
Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica   09   28 Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica   09   29 Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica   09   30
Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica   09   31 Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica   09   32 Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica   09   33
Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica   09   34 Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica   09   35 Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica   09   36
Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica   09   37 Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica   09   38 Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica   09   39

「そんなの、あたしが許さない」 (Sonna No, Atashi ga Yurusanai)
“I won’t allow that”

First, all of you who said Homura had the ability to stop time — you were right. The question I pose to you is, are those powers from being a Mahou Shoujo or something else? Getting back on topic, it felt like this episode was used specifically to close up some loose ends. Once again, after the proper context is brought in, I can’t help but feel that Kyubei is not completely evil. Sure he’s manipulative, acts like a psychopath, and even eats his previous bodies, but the phrase “We ask you to make a contract, not force you” left a strong impression on me. Such a strong impression that even after listening to him coldly describe the dire situation that the universe is in, how pubescent girls have the ability to overcome the laws of physics and thermodynamics, and his total disregard of human life, I couldn’t really hold it against him. On a moral level, is it right to compare aliens to humans? It’s like comparing superior oranges to apples, at least the superior oranges are giving the apples options. But from a human perspective, yes, I think it’s pretty screwed up.

Besides breaking the laws of physics, Kyoko’s death really bothered me. I’m normally not good at noticing death flags, especially since I don’t enjoy watching characters just dying in general. But after watching Kyoko finally open up to Madoka and her valiant attempt to save Sayaka, I was pretty devastated to watch her die by her own hands — especially after she said she wanted an ending where love and courage come out on top. The only positive thing that came out of this had to be Kyoko’s words to Madoka about becoming a Mahou Shoujo. I know that Madoka is going to have to gain some confidence for the upcoming battle during Walpurgisnacht, but did Kyoko really have to die and take Sayaka with her?

Just like Kyubei said, it seems that the only Mahou Shoujo left is Homura. With Walpurgisnacht right around the corner, and no one except Madoka left to help her, I can only see one thing hopefully happening. Then again, I can only imagine what a kick SHAFT would get if they didn’t let Madoka become a Mahou Shoujo in the end.

P.S. Kyubei’s name is actually spelled キュゥベえ or kyuubee. Personally I think that it looks pretty ugly when romanized, so I’m going to continue using Kyubei.

Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica   09   Preview 01 Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica   09   Preview 02
March 3, 2011 at 10:57 pm
  • March 7, 2011 at 9:21 pmskyhack

Well, most of my theories are shot to hell, so my theory about Homura being a time-divergent variant(thanks, AFK)of Madoka’s mom is probably wrong, as well. Homura’s got the wrong color eyes, anyway.
    Guess I’ll go theorize some anCnock for a while.

• March 8, 2011 at 12:51 amkeiOnDaisuki

aahh!! it hit 2 pages again! XDD

waiting for thursday seems too long..DX i want to see ep. 10 already..

• March 8, 2011 at 10:33 pmMaichain

Me too!!!!! It’s so hard to wait for this show!!

• March 9, 2011 at 5:36 amSora no Kaze

Well that theory of Sayaka being Walpurgis Night is thrown out lol. Then again it is coined to the Festival of witches… so it could be a bunch of witches who transform into one… or its the first Puella ever who fell and now is huge O_O.

It’s kinda funny, how they get the most energy from releases of hope energy to despair rather then the opposite. I guess it’s Chem stuff for yeh. Yet again, I have to believe that Homura does have time paradox restrictions that would have severe consequences if broken.

And yeah, I saw Kyousuke in that, I assume symbolism… unless it was saying if Kyoko brought Kyousuke instead… they would have had a better chance.

Oh Kyubei, you think so logically that I can almost say that you’re one hell of a manipulative furball. Quoted if it was a meaningless sacrifice, I would have told her, but you know, I decided not to tell her for the greater good of Madoka becoming a Mahou Shoujo/Witch. Two timing bastard!

Takaii has a very valid point though. Do note that Madoka and Sayaka didn’t have a wish to begin with. Half of you guys are making it sound like hes always preying on girls who need some sort of wish to change their fate. All he asks is to make a contract and your wish comes true, and honestly, good wish or bad wish, if you fall for the temptation for a “miracle of sorts” to happen, then you’re at fault too. If you follow the Typemoon concept of Reality Marbles, in the sense the world will correct the distortion aka your miracle with a consequence that probably equal to your miracle. I guess what I’m saying is, yes we can say Kyubei is evil, but ultimately the girls are at fault for making a contract with the devil, no matter what they wish for. Heck Kyubei isn’t even a good tempter (As in using the wish to tempt people). He literally just says… MAKE A CONTRACT WITH ME NOW BEFORE THE WITCH SCREWS US OVER! And he sucks at promoting his wish benefit to uninterested customers. He’s basically just there, if you ever fall to the dark side. It’s not like Kyubei acting like Mephistopheles.

There is one very clear message from this story so far. READ THE FINE PRINT OF YOUR CONTRACT BEFORE YOU SIGN IT!

• March 9, 2011 at 8:16 pmShirt

Wow, almost 300 comments. But the pageview count is so far behind Infinite Stratos’ post. xD

• March 12, 2011 at 12:28 amcoach hand bags

Leave a Reply site:http://randomc.net

• March 12, 2011 at 4:37 pmChocolate

Like I said earlier, I didn’t really think kyubey was evil for this. It’s his job and furthermore and his arguments actually make sense now, he does it to keep the universe from tearing apart. And he doesn’t hold human emotions, so there’s no way he can comprehend how humans feel about it.

this episode did really well to tie in loose ends before it gets to the climax, but I had a feeling kyoko was going to die too…but I was like “NO! Don’t do it -,-”, just when I was starting to really like her she has to die too. Unfortunately I took a peek at the pictures in your episode 10 and Madoka seems like she’s going to be a magical girl.

• March 17, 2011 at 10:38 pmtakashid

can someone explain the entropy thing QB was talking about. something about energy being lost, but i thought energy and matter could not be created or destroyed, only changed? his explanation confused me, but i still think of him as an evil “So, when you feel like dying for the universe, give me a call :)” asshole.

• April 22, 2011 at 11:45 pmFlipGlaze

Sorry, if this is asking to much but can anyone give me a screenshot of Sakura from the 1st one of the preivews?

• April 23, 2011 at 1:44 amFlipGlaze

oh oops… I mean without the writing

• « Older Comments