GOSICK – 15 »« GOSICK – 13

GOSICK – 14

GOSICK   14   01 GOSICK   14   02 GOSICK   14   03
GOSICK   14   04 GOSICK   14   05 GOSICK   14   06
GOSICK   14   07 GOSICK   14   08 GOSICK   14   09
GOSICK   14   10 GOSICK   14   11 GOSICK   14   12
GOSICK   14   13 GOSICK   14   14 GOSICK   14   15

「意地悪フリルは屁こきいもりを糾弾する」 (Ijiwaru Furiru wa Hekokiimori o Kyūdan Suru)
“A Malicious Frill Denounces a Farting Newt”

Avril’s increased presence in the show definitely makes things interesting, thanks to her persistence to be a worthwhile rival. It was a poor choice on her part to be making fun of Victorique at first, something almost out of character, even if Avril doesn’t have much depth. Well, besides her loving mysteries and squealing to stories like a girl would over a bishounen. She’d be great at listening to senile old men talk about their days.

Victorique’s already been shown to not be as strong as we think, but I didn’t expect she’d cry over Kujo simply getting mad. These scenes are really endearing, continuously showing the growing care she has for him, but the gap between them sure is closing quickly. The rivalry between the two, if you can even call it that, is a peculiar one. Victorique’s jealousy is simple but hidden, whereas Avril just feels inferior, even though Victorique remarks that she’s the “free” one. Victorique also has an inferiority complex with her emotions, a growing problem that’s slowly becoming the center of the story.

Given the clues from this episode, I’m gonna gather that Leviathan was an African, hence his words that if he were to remove the mask, he would’ve been killed. Maybe the epidemic wasn’t actually an epidemic, but a form of genocide, a truth of the kingdom’s history that Grevil warned about. And so, due to hatred of the killing of his people, the alchemist targeted the king and queen, got close to their kid, and killed the heir. Gold and black skin must be some connection between Africans and gold, but eh. Also, while I don’t doubt the method itself, turning the rose blue should take hours or days, rather than a couple minutes. Anyway, I gleefully await to be completely wrong about everything.

Roscoe’s continuous appearance doesn’t appear to have anything to do with the mystery itself, but his antagonizing actions are curious. I guess he’s that type of character to play both sides, even though I’m thinking he’s generally on the good side, since after all, he’s Cordelia’s partner. Then again, why assume that Cordelia is still a good mother? Perhaps Victorique is a tool, simply used by her mom as revenge against the de Blois.

GOSICK   14   Preview 01 GOSICK   14   Preview 02 GOSICK   14   Preview 03
April 24, 2011 at 6:20 pm
  • April 24, 2011 at 6:24 pmMiss-Misty

I think you should have more pis of the guy with red hair.
    I live him~!

• April 24, 2011 at 7:06 pmanishuma

Interesting, I’m not the only one that though Levi was black.I haven’t seen a black person in Gosick yet so that was my first though of why he puts that mask on.

Avril was being mean, but Kujo’s the idiot for jumping to conclusions without trying to find out anything.So I wasn’t mad at Avril at all.

And a part of me likes seeing Victorique’s sad face hehe :p

• April 24, 2011 at 7:32 pmKevin

I’m glad I’m not the only one who felt Avril’s “monster” calling of Victorique out of character. It ruined her in this episode, but I’m glad she apologized. Then again, I also got pissed at Kujo for not understanding Victorique’s feelings. But, as we are seeing it from a 3rd person perspective, I can’t really blame him. I didn’t think much about the Leviathan mystery (other than it’s interesting), but I don’t think Brian & Cordelia are good people. Derp fansubs made a mistake when they dropped this show. :P

P.S. I know that they have to investigate Leviathan for the show to go on, but I didn’t want them to go after what Grevil said. Victorique can’t be separated from Kujo. D:

• April 24, 2011 at 9:27 pmJimiko

Where’s the screenshot of Victorique when Kujo gives her the raspberry sandwich!!

• April 24, 2011 at 10:05 pmKiiragi

Where it was last week. I don’t repeat caps that I took as a preview.

• April 25, 2011 at 2:51 ambanzemanga

When i saw it last week, i thought Victorique laughing at her brother’s hair.

• April 24, 2011 at 9:33 pmOmega

Off topic:

Just to let everyone know: ISML 2011 had started(now at Aquamarine Period — Round 1).
    *looks at the contestants* Oh boy, it’s gonna be bloody.

/Unlimited Blessing Works, Amen

• April 24, 2011 at 9:58 pmZaku Fan

Maybe the african people melted down their gold jewellery when they came into the country and got massacred, which the fellow then collected and used to perform his tricks?

• April 24, 2011 at 10:44 pmCeranos

The bugs on the inspector’s head are the funniest thing I’ve seen all week!

• April 24, 2011 at 11:03 pmSolarguardian

Again, away with the actual mystery, I watch this show for the main couple. Glad Avril is being given more time on screen but wished she was more of a rival. Victorique’s “weak” scenes are always effective.

Anyway…. How’d Victorique pick up that desk with such a tiny body? O.o

• April 25, 2011 at 12:36 amZaku Fan

This mystery is an actual mystery. I got the flower change right but cannot see how the gold appeared. If the mystery is not enough of a mystery, the answer should be obvious by now.

Only theory i got is that the gold is in the bricks

• April 25, 2011 at 2:05 amTehJawknee

Never underestimate the power of the chibi side.

• April 25, 2011 at 1:59 amAnna Sharma

That was a totally cool ep!!! Its gonna be so cool right now!!!!!!! Avril, um….. I just hate rivals for my preferred couple.

• April 25, 2011 at 10:51 amFisherman

Glad that Avril is getting more screen time
    Kujou doesn’t deserve her… ;P

• April 25, 2011 at 11:47 amprejsu

For how mean she was, I really hate Avril right now, even if she did apologize later, that was just low. Shame on you farting newt!!

• April 25, 2011 at 3:55 pmPeepQ

I thought that Victorique was going to get kidnapped by that guy at the end!

• April 25, 2011 at 4:48 pmVictor3y

Actually, the kid that died was actually the general’s son, as he says “My father & the king think you’re a swindler” in the previous episode.

• April 25, 2011 at 6:16 pminchvbeam

Avril is just being jealous! don blame or flame her :D

• April 25, 2011 at 10:42 pmcode fanboy

My my my, so the two Rivals finally. Though I was hoping that Avril was understanding that Kujo relationship to Victorique was more like a brother and little sister, or a babysitter and child. Though it seems that Avril now sees Kujo as a lolicon.

• April 26, 2011 at 1:16 amShirt

I don’t know if anyone else noticed all of the emphasis on this but I caught a lot of it.(despite all the flies)

I could be completely wrong about everything, though. *shrugs*

+ The clothing designer for Victorique is remarkable for his imaginative collection of Victorian wardrobes.

• April 26, 2011 at 7:23 pmAlondite

I am going to bet that the gold was dissolved and later extracted.

• April 26, 2011 at 10:34 pmKratos

• April 27, 2011 at 12:24 amShirt

XD haa

• April 27, 2011 at 8:38 pmsealouse

After seeing this episode I’m reminded that despite all the good shows coming out this season this one is still going strong.