Nichijou – 14 »« Nichijou – 12

Nichijou   13   28 Nichijou   13   29 Nichijou   13   30
Nichijou   13   31 Nichijou   13   32 Nichijou   13   33
Nichijou   13   34 Nichijou   13   35 Nichijou   13   36
Nichijou   13   37 Nichijou   13   38 Nichijou   13   39

「日常13」 (Nichijou 13)
“My Ordinary Life 13″

An episode focused on mostly Nano and Hakase? I’m down for that! You know, while I’ve been harping on Nano for not being the more mature motherly figure that she’s obviously designed to be, in reality she is actually younger than Hakase right? Going off of their response to Sakamoto back toward the beginning of the series, I probably should be impressed that she’s able to hold her own against someone more experienced then her in getting what she wants.

As much as I want Nano to put her foot down and really set Hakase straight, it looks like it obviously won’t be happening for a while. That said, I don’t think I’d be able to resist a kid as cute as her. Sure she may be a genius when it comes to pure knowledge, but deep down she’s still a kid who’s afraid of rainstorms. On the other hand it was pretty interesting to watch Nano get so frightened by thunder. Seeing how she’s an android, you’d think she’d be able to completely ignore things as simple as loud sounds.

The most surprising thing though had to be Hakase’s plot of pure evil. Who would have imagined that a little kid would stoop so low and play with the single thing that someone wants the most? Sure, the lure of sweets is sometimes too hard for even me to handle but I don’t know how furious I’d be if Hakase somehow breaks Nano’s heart in the process. Even with little kids, there’s a certain line that shouldn’tbe crossed — and someone’s single dream is way past that line.

After watching Yukko this week, I felt awfully close to driving a spike into my skull. As I sit here writing this post in the back of a car as I drive to AX, I’m staring at the person who I’d say is the personification of Yukko. Broken logic, dumb schemes, gloating at all the wrong times, yet you still stick with them. Watching Mio sit there and not only get sneezed on but try to save Yukko from embarrassing herself made me smile a bit. Even in shows where comedy is the predominant genre, it always brightens my day when something different sneaks its way in.

June 30, 2011 at 4:00 am
  • June 30, 2011 at 4:13 amTaiakun

Nano being scared of bugs is weirder than her being scared of lightning I reckon. Maybe because lightning can cause a fuse within her to blow? XD

Hakase rolling on the ground reminds me of something I did when I was much younger XD Ah the silliness of being a child…

• June 30, 2011 at 4:27 amBabyChooChoo

“The radiance of the galaxy is gathering in my body!
    The Shining Comet!
    HA-KA-SEEEEE MISSILEEEE!”

Lol. I absolutely loved this episode. Nano’s dream seemed to be the one thing this show actually took serious so seeing it comes true put the hugest, stupidest smile on my face.

• June 30, 2011 at 5:06 amSirMuffin

I was stunned when I watched this! Character development in MY NICHIJOU?!?! OH HELL YEAH. Looking forward to Nano at school and hopefully her interactions with the crazy trio.

• June 30, 2011 at 5:48 amKarmafan

Nano probably gets some of her personality from the Professor so its only natural she would be child like. I want to see this series evolve as it moves along such as Nano getting the key off her back and maybe get to go to school/college with others. She wants it so badly.

• June 30, 2011 at 5:53 amKurofaise

I actually really look forward to seeing her possibly going to school now and I’m sure it would play out very hilariously.

• June 30, 2011 at 6:00 amRyuuzaki21

the 80% score! :) i actually have a friend like that, having a passing score of 75, he brags about it for about a week.

• June 30, 2011 at 6:12 amHrmmm

Something I appreciate every week with Nichijou are the sign offs with famous seiyuu.

This week was Ogata Megumi, seiyuu of Ikari Shinji from Evangelion.

Notable others include Tomokazu Seki (Sagara Sousuke ‘Full Metal Panic’) and Hirano Aya (Suzumiya Haruhi from the little known anime ‘Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya’)

• June 30, 2011 at 7:12 amBass.EXE

Part of me is glad they’re slowly drifting from the “wtf O_O XD” kind of humor and getting into actual character-driven stories. But the other part of me just wants more wtf O_O XD

• June 30, 2011 at 7:16 amkarry

“Seeing how she’s an android, you’d think she’d be able to completely ignore things as simple as loud sounds. ”

Metal constructs have weakness to electricity. Sonic damage also applies normally.

• June 30, 2011 at 8:02 amTakaii

I wouldn’t consider thunder as “sonic damage” but ya know.

• June 30, 2011 at 8:24 amkarry

In D&D you can make “Thundering” enchantment on a weapon, and that adds sonic damage.

• June 30, 2011 at 10:04 amKinny Riddle

Woot at Nano finally being able to wear a school uniform and join up with Yuuko and co. About time these two seemingly separate sketches get together as the last few episodes were mostly dull ever since the epic laughter back in episode 6 or 7, IIRC. :)

Yuuko sure likes to brag about any achievements that she has accomplished to the point of pissing people off, though to be fair to her, when was the last time we’ve seen Yuuko achieve anything? lol

• June 30, 2011 at 12:23 pmP0NCH

Hakase x Nano scenes are, and will ALWAYS be my favorite :)

Hilarity aside, it was very sweet and endearing to see Hakase let Nano go to school (even if she has ulterior motives).

• June 30, 2011 at 1:20 pmBROOKLYN otaku

no way! is this show pushing for 20+ ep’s??? I’m down with that!

• June 30, 2011 at 2:09 pmHenDarou

Hoping that Nano and Hakase finally meet the rest of the cast now that Nano gets to go to school!

• June 30, 2011 at 10:54 pminnerchihiro

I can’t stay irritated at Nano and Hakase’s relationship because they both get something out of it. They obviously care about each other enough to look past it all, and I found the episode to be unbelievably cute. SO CUTE!!

• July 1, 2011 at 12:12 amdeafvader

How do you drive while seating at the back of a car?

• July 1, 2011 at 8:20 pmOtaku_Brawler

Wow felt so sorry for the cat, his pride was hurt so bad. ;_; lol

• July 3, 2011 at 3:11 amLitho

Seriously, they should just focus on Hakase, Nano and the cat). The rest of the characters, especially the school girls, are so dull I just skip their parts completely.

• July 3, 2011 at 6:33 amKarmafan

Nichijou 14 is out. Nano finally gets to start school and makes some friends. Great episode with some huge LOL moments.

• July 3, 2011 at 9:48 pmpimpolla

hahaha yes, the new episode is awsome! i really love ninchijou!