Yuruyuri – 08 »« Yuruyuri – 06

Yuruyuri   07   25 Yuruyuri   07   26 Yuruyuri   07   27
Yuruyuri   07   28 Yuruyuri   07   29 Yuruyuri   07   30
Yuruyuri   07   31 Yuruyuri   07   32 Yuruyuri   07   33
Yuruyuri   07   34 Yuruyuri   07   35 Yuruyuri   07   36

「くり済ませり」 (Kurisumaseri)
“Doing Christmas”

I’m not too sure how to translate the title for this episode, but it sure sounds like a dirty play on words for “Christmas” when the Japanese can be read as “finish and repeat”. Or if you prefer, “do the deed over and over again.” In hindsight, that translation isn’t entirely random, since Chinatsu would’ve been all for it had she been paired up with Yui for Kyouko’s brilliant lesbian dating idea. Ravage or get ravaged — she looked pretty keen on either possibility to help celebrate the New Year. For me, I wasn’t too enthralled about stitching together all her lesbian fantasies, so I’m kind of grateful that she wound up with Kyouko instead. The outcome wasn’t too shabby either, since Kyouko turned out to be the most dependable one as far as dating goes and managed to win over Chinatsu to a certain degree. The real blow, at least for me, was a missed opportunity for Ayano, who probably would’ve been completely lovestruck if she received a present from Kyouko.

It’s too bad Ayano didn’t take the initiative like Chitose imagined, rather than wasting away with Yui as the sensible girls out of the group. As such, the only real amusement I got from those two are when they realized they don’t have their comedic flair without their respective counterparts. Akari on the other hand was fun to watch, largely because she can’t be ignored when she’s the only other person there. Granted it was more cute than anything else, since her date with Chitose was so normal that our human blood fountain started looking like a sweet old lady. Comedy-wise, the possibilities are pretty limited with those two, leaving Sakurako and Himawari as the tried and true pairing to grab some breasts and show us the way. Compared to Kyouko and Chinatsu, it was pretty messed up how they had more yuri-esque moments. Suffice to say, this episode didn’t turn out like I hoped. It was too uneventful for my liking, which spoke volumes about how the light lesbian twist of the series only comes into effect when certain combinations of characters are involved. (Almost all of which involve Kyouko.)

As far as changing up the usual formula, this episode was refreshing in that regard. Chinatsu surprised me with her new-found interest in Mirakurun, whereas Kyouko made it pretty clear that she wears the pants in any relationship. (She has a tomboyish charm to her.) Other than that, I still haven’t grown tired of listening to Chitose’s Kansai accent (care of Toyosaki Aki), plus she had me craving Japanese pickled vegetables after giving some homemade takuan to Akari. I’m not too sure what to make of the next episode though, where it looks like Chitose has a green-eyed twin. She seems to drool instead of getting spontaneous nosebleeds too.

* It may be gourmet, but I’m not a fan of sea urchin.
* Full-length images: 01, 06, 12, 18, 28.

Yuruyuri   07   Preview 01 Yuruyuri   07   Preview 02 Yuruyuri   07   Preview 03
August 16, 2011 at 3:50 am
  • August 16, 2011 at 3:57 amP Ko

I look forward to the hentai dojins.

I mean.. wait what? ;X

• August 16, 2011 at 4:06 amIcedTea

Oh man…

• August 16, 2011 at 4:55 amFlamingYu

She just got “brainwashed“.

• August 16, 2011 at 5:29 amamado

some misspellings here Divine:

Compared to Kyouko and Chintasu, it was pretty

should be chinatsu, right(or chitose)?

It’s too bad Ayano didn’t the initiative like Chitose

you missed a take between “the” and “initiative”.

yuruyuri keeps on getting better and better each time. it was quite unique when they mixed and matched the other characters to create some interesting pairs.
    but I still am in the kyoukoXyui ship!

and boy, it seems all of the girls that have sisters have incest one way or another as yui, akarin and possibly chinatsu.

next ep has a twin, to give potential for twincest! and of course a yuiXkyouko sleep over again.

• August 16, 2011 at 7:43 pmdeafvader

It is a “take” between didn’t and the “didn’t take the initiative” not “didn’t the take initiative”

• August 16, 2011 at 11:17 pmhOmeRunDaisuki

yui x kyoko ftw!! i like the tsundere couple as well. XDD

• August 16, 2011 at 6:40 amcybersteel

Thanks for the nice caps. Especially pic 30.

• August 16, 2011 at 7:18 amNhelraios

Poor Akari seemed like she just draw the worst luck for her fortune lol.

She seems to drool instead of getting spontaneous nosebleeds too.

I don’t even want to imagine what she’d create if she keeps fantasizing. But yeah the drawback isn’t so much compared to Chitose’s.

• August 16, 2011 at 8:24 amgawrshness

ah the talk about Akari’s onee-chan was too much of a tease for me, like when the family was shown I expected her to burst into the scene at any moment…aw bummer :(

• August 16, 2011 at 8:35 amKurofaise

Another funny and enjoyable episode, I just love Chinatsu so much. The scene in the cinema was funny and the new years cards were cool as well. This is defo one of the shockers this season in terms of enjoyment, along with Mayo Chiki.

Btw an unrelated question towards Divine (or any other bloggers), are any of you guys going to make a post about Redline? It would be cool to see the review about it here, I am hoping to watch it asap. :)

• August 16, 2011 at 9:05 amSerapita

I wish Mari (Yui’s cousin) and Kaede (Himawari’s little sister) gets more screentime, they’re both soooooooooooooo adorable!

• August 16, 2011 at 6:28 pmx

I second your motion. I want them to meet each other!

• August 16, 2011 at 10:57 amMedoi

lol so chizuru makes an appearance so early in the show. i cannot wait to see her in the anime, especially because she is so different compared to chitose (yet she tends to fantasize as well)

• August 16, 2011 at 12:08 pmsuperu

chinatsu’s imagination was so explicit xD

• August 17, 2011 at 3:20 amewok40k

so much they had to mosaic it out!
      pairings in order of probability:
      1.mutual tsundere: Sakurako x Himawari – no surprises here! they fit mutally like best snarky mutual tsundere pairs of anime
      2.childhood friends: Yui x Kyoko – Yui seems to appreciate “annoying” Kyoko as her dialogue withAyano shows
      3.young ones: Chinatsu X Akarin – if only because of first kiss, and Chinatsu being so enthusiastic when it comes to fantasies – and deeds
      4.leftovers: Chitose X Ayane – It would require Chitose to switch from fantasizing about others to more active role.

• August 16, 2011 at 12:39 pmAlec

turns out the title was never misleading afterall

• August 16, 2011 at 6:27 pmx

Well, Akari didn’t get abused as much this time. I guess that counts for something. Chinatsu interested in Mirakurun? Fun stuff in the future I suppose.

• August 16, 2011 at 11:16 pmhOmeRunDaisuki

YUIxKYOKO SHOULD HAPPEN or Namori’s gonna get sniped. LOL

slice-of-life shows sure can get the depression go away, even just for a while. =D

but still…T__T homura T__T

• August 17, 2011 at 11:56 amCompraneur

I like this show. So cute.

• August 17, 2011 at 3:43 pmren

Mari totally has Kyubey hair decorations.

Another awesome Yuru Yuri episode~ this show makes my Mondays heaps better.

• August 17, 2011 at 10:54 pmsuperu

anyone else thing her jellyfish and crab pantsu looks more like diapers?

• September 20, 2011 at 4:51 pmTyya

My problem was a wall until I read this, then I smsaehd it.