Yuruyuri – 12 (END) »« Yuruyuri – 10

Yuruyuri   11   19 Yuruyuri   11   20 Yuruyuri   11   21
Yuruyuri   11   22 Yuruyuri   11   23 Yuruyuri   11   24
Yuruyuri   11   25 Yuruyuri   11   26 Yuruyuri   11   27
Yuruyuri   11   28 Yuruyuri   11   29 Yuruyuri   11   30
Yuruyuri   11   31 Yuruyuri   11   32 Yuruyuri   11   33
Yuruyuri   11   34 Yuruyuri   11   35 Yuruyuri   11   36

「わたしたちのごらく部」 (Watashi-tachi no Goraku-bu)
“Our Fun Club”

I always thought Chinatsu was a troublemaker, but it’s nice to finally get confirmation of it here. History doesn’t lie! Once a brat, always a brat! There’s little doubt in my mind that if Yui wasn’t Kyouko and Akari’s childhood friend, there’s no way Chinatsu would would bother hanging out with them, which is why I enjoyed seeing Yui kick her over more than words can describe. I say if they’re not making Chinatsu cosplay against her will, she deserves a “Certain-Kill Yui Kick” for my personal enjoyment. Who knows, she might like it too. I really wish Akari told everyone that it was Chinatsu they bumped into that day, because I would’ve loved to see everyone’s reactions, including Chinatsu’s. Kyouko’s stark change in personality leads me to believe that she would’ve had all kinds of payback in store, mostly in the form of having her way with Chinatsu. They could’ve devoted an entire episode to just that and I would’ve enjoyed every minute of it.

Even after the flashback with all the playground hijinks, this episode seemed to be filled with quirk moments throughout. From Kyouko’s random outbursts of “Yui, you jerk! Chinatsu, I love you! And Akarin!” to the girl’s questions on who the hell this diligent Kyouko is, and then Ayano’s disbelief to Himawari’s wish that it happened to Sakurako, it’s pretty impressive how they able to switchover from that to a very somber mood over the “new” Kyouko’s decision to get rid of her club. I was holding out for the possibility that Kyouko had already returned to her normal self and was continuing to troll everyone — in which case she would’ve gotten quite a beat down afterward — but things turned out much better in the end. As far as comedies go, I don’t think I could’ve asked for a better development in the second to last episode. We had a little bit of drama with a constant comedic touch. The Akarin discrimination at the end was good too.

This episode could’ve easily been the finale as far as I’m concerned, but when the preview shows Chitose locking lips with Ayano, I’ll have to reserve judgement until I see they really have in store. It’ll be pretty hard to outdo this episode from a “series appreciation” standpoint; however, there will be a whole new kind of appreciation if they go all-out with the lesbian stuff. One can always hope!

Yuruyuri   11   Preview 01 Yuruyuri   11   Preview 02 Yuruyuri   11   Preview 03
September 16, 2011 at 12:38 am
  • September 16, 2011 at 1:01 amTorrigan

lulzy pure lulz….i really absolutely prefer Kyouko in hyperactive mode the fun just isnt there without it

This episode also really made Yui my second favourite character after kyouko watching her be tough and defending her friends really made me smile

Ep Preview………….OMG ITS ACTUAL YURI not imagined or offscreen………..

• September 16, 2011 at 1:10 amitsh

Young Kyouko = too cute. /deathbymoe

• September 16, 2011 at 1:28 amFencedude

Chinatsu deserves everything she gets and more, but goddamn, I love her anyway. Shame this season won’t get to some of the really meaty stuff, the Akaza-Yoshikawa axis is supremely fucked up, and very, very funny.

This does make me ponder an alternate universe where the girls are more like how they were when they were younger.

• September 16, 2011 at 1:29 amNhelraios

LOL at the end…. Akarin forever lack of presence XD
    Oh come on Chinatsu, we all know you’re not being sincere there lmao.

Next is the final ep ;_; Does anyone know if there’s enough source material for 2nd season?

I can only imagine Chizuru’s condition in that kiss scene lol.

• September 16, 2011 at 1:50 amSerapita

I really hope for 2nd season, can’t get enough of the girls especially Himawari. :x

• September 16, 2011 at 2:15 amx

This was a pretty good episode. Though I didn’t appreciate the obsession with Kyouko in this one when she changed her behavior. So, one more episode to go…

• September 16, 2011 at 2:16 amamado

I kinda think they overdid it a bit with the drama or it just doesnt work for me in yuruyuri. I read the manga chapter of this one, and I prefer the shorter one since it had only a bit of heartwarming and drama with yuiXkyouko and then immediately returned to its comedic pace. I just think that it would be better if they didnt make it this long or at least “fixed” kyouko the way they did it in the manga.

I still like this ep due to the yuiXkyouko moments.
    oh and also because of their childhood days…

• September 16, 2011 at 4:11 amblub

Agreed. The manga chapter had the right mix of heart-warming and hilarious, but the anime version turned it into a cheap melodrama. Chizuru’s, Ayano’s and Yui’s tears felt incredibly forced, the background-music sounded like someone had just died and Chinatsu definitely PREFERRED the new Kyoko in the manga (even having a fit of jealousy when Yui said she liked the old Kyoko better). Everyone loves Kyoko, we get it, but this episode kind of slammed it into your face in a way that was really unbearable (I know Kyoko’s character type sells well but I still prefer the manga which treated all the characters equally regarding screentime and storyline).

First half of the episode was amazing, though. Chinatsu’s funny xD And I wish Yui stayed the tomboy she was (well she still is, in a sense but…that band-aid on her face was adorable)

• September 16, 2011 at 9:10 amx

Agreed 100%

• September 16, 2011 at 2:35 amren

I actually really enjoyed this episode. How emotionally invested I got in the characters (namely Kyouko and Ayano) took me by surprise. Oh, and seeing Yui kick Chinatsu was definitely the highlight of my week.
    Next episode is going to be god-tier if it’s faithful to the manga. Looking forward to it!

• September 16, 2011 at 2:36 ammac65

I can’t put my finger on it exactly, but there’s something warm and touching
    about this series. I didn’t expect to enjoy it so much.

I love Yui!

There’s definitely enough potential material for another run, too.

• September 16, 2011 at 2:38 amRayyy

I could not help myself but lol at the end so hard. Felt bad for Akarin tho

• September 16, 2011 at 2:53 amgawrshness

Akarin discrimination was good? Dude I beg to differ Dx that scene almost felt like a higurashi moment with everyone pulling out weapons that could be used for murder, well aside Chitose. And she didn’t get a single moment to shine, and with the final episode I am deeply saddened that Akari’s onee-chan never made it to the anime :(

• September 16, 2011 at 5:08 amMedoi

it amuses me that everyone (or well, most) enjoyed yui kicking chinatsu.

• September 16, 2011 at 9:24 amkumakaori

The Title call, er the lack there of. “Akari, you WANT to do a title call and not have any screen time?! BE HAPPY THERE WASNT ONE!” <<;. lol, silly girl.

Ep end was brilliant too, even though it's probably what they should've done in the first place for Kyoko, too. Oh, well at least they have a plan now for these things.

• September 16, 2011 at 1:49 pmTaiakun

Kyouko as a crybaby? Who would’ve thought? XD

• September 16, 2011 at 7:34 pmCroos

Well maybe one day the author might add the “Akari tells everyone that they bumped into her way back” scene one day.

All I can say about this episode that it was sooooo wrong if you know what i mean.

• September 16, 2011 at 10:15 pmK

Kyoko was soooo cute and adorable when she was small. Really wondering what turned her into the form she is now…XD

• September 16, 2011 at 11:36 pmbaltar

Chinatsu-chan’s Himeji-style bunny hair clips were pretty cute.

• September 18, 2011 at 2:48 amewok40k

loli Kyoko = HNNNNGHHHH….

• September 18, 2011 at 9:37 pmMitsuba

i already bought the kyouko dakimakura case where can i get the even loli’er version