Kuroko no Basuke 2 – 26 »« Kuroko no Basuke – 24

Kuroko no Basuke – 25 (END)

Kuroko no Basuke   25   01 Kuroko no Basuke   25   02 Kuroko no Basuke   25   03
Kuroko no Basuke   25   04 Kuroko no Basuke   25   05 Kuroko no Basuke   25   06
Kuroko no Basuke   25   07 Kuroko no Basuke   25   08 Kuroko no Basuke   25   09
Kuroko no Basuke   25   10 Kuroko no Basuke   25   11 Kuroko no Basuke   25   12
Kuroko no Basuke   25   13 Kuroko no Basuke   25   14 Kuroko no Basuke   25   15
Kuroko no Basuke   25   16 Kuroko no Basuke   25   17 Kuroko no Basuke   25   18
Kuroko no Basuke   25   19 Kuroko no Basuke   25   20 Kuroko no Basuke   25   21
Kuroko no Basuke   25   22 Kuroko no Basuke   25   23 Kuroko no Basuke   25   24
Kuroko no Basuke   25   25 Kuroko no Basuke   25   26 Kuroko no Basuke   25   27
Kuroko no Basuke   25   28 Kuroko no Basuke   25   29 Kuroko no Basuke   25   30
Kuroko no Basuke   25   31 Kuroko no Basuke   25   32 Kuroko no Basuke   25   33
Kuroko no Basuke   25   34 Kuroko no Basuke   25   35 Kuroko no Basuke   25   36
Kuroko no Basuke   25   37 Kuroko no Basuke   25   38 Kuroko no Basuke   25   39
Kuroko no Basuke   25   40 Kuroko no Basuke   25   41 Kuroko no Basuke   25   42
Kuroko no Basuke   25   43 Kuroko no Basuke   25   44 Kuroko no Basuke   25   45

「オレとおまえのバスケ」 (Ore to Omae no Basuke)
“Our Basketball”

All good things must come to an end, and Kuroko no Basuke is no different. It was an enjoyable ride through and through, but I’ll leave that discussion to my Final Impressions. By now it’s no secret this has been my favorite arc so far – the conclusion was everything I could have hoped for, and even though I knew from the start this match couldn’t have ended well for Kaijou, their loss still packed a punch. So without further ado, let’s get this show on the road.

Finale – Highlights:

The best way to sum this finale up: actions speak louder than words.

Show text ▼

Finale – Impressions:

I don’t think there’s much I can say here that I haven’t said the last two episodes.

Show text ▼

Epilogue:

Kuroko no Basuke   25   46 Kuroko no Basuke   25   47 Kuroko no Basuke   25   48
Kuroko no Basuke   25   49 Kuroko no Basuke   25   50 Kuroko no Basuke   25   51

Final Impressions – Technical Highlights:

Sometimes it’s just necessary to mention some of the production details, either because they’re just that good or that bad. In this case it’s most definitely the former.

Directing:

I’m always a little reluctant to delve into technical details such as directing because so much on how it clicks to viewers hinges on personal taste.

Show text ▼

Characters:

A discussion of Kuroko no Basuke really wouldn’t be complete without touching base on its cast, which was hands down the best part of the show.

Show text ▼

Final Impressions – Series Highlights:

Before I send the series off completely, some of the highlights throughout the series:

Show text ▼

Final Impressions – General:

I don’t think it’s a secret how much I enjoyed and loved Kuroko no Basuke, and out of the series I’ve had the chance to blog at Random Curiosity so far, this was undoubtedly my favorite. As sports shounen, the plot is nothing to write home about – it follows a rather standard format, so there’s nothing extraordinary about the series in that aspect. What’s important however, is how to present a hackneyed storyline so that it feels fresh and exciting to the audience. In this day and age it’s truly hard to win the crowd’s approval with originality because there’s just so much out there and there are limits set by each genre. There are specific formulas that are difficult to escape from and the reason most anime blend into each other nowadays is because most of them aim to follow a tried and true formula that might not necessarily be the best, but works. Plot-wise, Kuroko no Basuke offers nothing new. It is a story about two guys wanting to become the best at something, and it’s impossible to miss the shounen touches that grace some of the matches. But no one said it was impossible to be a sports shounen and still be good.

What Kuroko no Basuke offers are some tightly-written characters and capable directing that bring heart-pounding to a new level. Nothing is wasted in this show and there’s a clear trajectory with each episode that makes the watch breezy and enjoyable. The games, while a tad unrealistic at some points (that longest three seconds!), offer some exciting moments for the sports fans to cheer over. The high-school setting has a youthful, passionate atmosphere that captures adolescence and the thrill of playing basketball perfectly, and the highs and lows are depicted in the most organic manner possible. All the emotions and interactions feel cohesive and real, but most of all, they feel relatable. This is Kuroko no Basuke’s greatest strength as a show and why it is able to distinguish itself from the genre as something worth watching and remembering. It draws the audience in and immerses them in its world – it’s gripping at its best and the experience is neither cumbersome nor draining. The series doesn’t demand the viewers feel anything in particular; the presentation of the material makes it clear it’s completely up to the viewers what they feel, if they even want to feel anything. Hence whatever emotion the audience experiences will be due to their empathy towards the situation – what they know from experience – rather than momentary, artificial emotions derived from the knowledge of what they should feel.

So after all this tl;dr, should you watch this show? The answer is absolutely. This is one recommendation I can make without reservation because of the wide range of audience Kuroko no Basuke caters to: sports fans, fujoshis, shounen fans, women, men, and people who need to restore their faith in Production I.G. That’s a lot of ground it covers and hopefully this means there’s a second season coming for this little gem. The “epilogue” shots are full-on spoilers at work and given how unabashedly Production I.G included those scenes, I can only assume it was an unofficial announcement of sorts. Either that or they thought April Fool’s came early this year. When, and if, the second season comes though, you can be sure I’ll be watching it!

It’s been an absolute pleasure covering this show, and thank you readers for bearing with my long-winded posts and the commenters for taking the time to share what you thought of the episodes! Finally… BakaMochi, out!

Full-length images: 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 17, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 25, 26, 27, 30, 31, 33, 36, 38, 40, 42, 44, 39, 51, ED1.2 01, ED1.3 01, ED1.6 01, ED1.7 01.

End Card

Kuroko no Basuke   25   End Card
September 25, 2012 at 1:48 am
  • September 25, 2012 at 2:03 ammistress_kisara

I was satisfied with the ending, and Kise when he was trying to stand up broke my heart a little..and production I.G. is teasing us with that epilogue hopefully they’ll announce a 2nd season soon!

Thanks for blogging this! I love your reviews their very insightful! I hope to read more of your reviews this Fall!

• September 25, 2012 at 10:01 pmBakaMochi

Thank you so much! :D I’m glad you found the posts insightful – hopefully I won’t disappoint in the fall! XP

• September 25, 2012 at 10:38 pmoutcast

Wait that was the ending! It better not go slamdunk on me. All those eps and i don’t think they ever got to the finale.

• September 25, 2012 at 2:09 amDrift

As a huge Kise fan this episode really broke my heart (even though I knew it was going to happen since I read the manga XD). But it really did open his potential and strength even more so I’m glad he got a focus like this on the final episode of season 1.

Now we must have season 2 so I can see him win and have more screentime :DDDD

• September 25, 2012 at 2:11 amdave

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!

I WANT IT MAINSTREAM!!!!!

• September 25, 2012 at 2:27 amnaixil

that shot with Kise on the floor totally broke my heart. it really does show how much effort he put in, much like how Kagami was a few episodes ago when they won Shutoku. only in Kise’s case, Aomine still won.

what a great post to end the series Mochi. it’s been sure delight watching each episode and then coming to RC to read your posts after that. again, i say that KuroBasu is one of the best sports series i’ve watched in a long time. i can’t count the number of times i mumbled “Ditto!” as i read your posts.

and lastly, here’s hoping all that teasing P.I.G will become reality soon with the announcement of a 2nd season. *cross fingers* please let there be one…please let there be one…please let there be one…please let there be one…please let there be one…please let there be one…

PS. time for you, me and everyone who are not manga-readers to start reading the manga now.

• September 25, 2012 at 10:20 pmBakaMochi

Thanks! It makes me really, really happy to hear readers enjoyed my posts (especially considering the length… lol) :D

I’m gonna restrain myself from reading the manga in hopes that they’ll make a second season… MUST. RESIST!

And as for the longest post, this one was ~2500 words, but I’ve heard Stilts writes essays for his Horizon posts too, LOL. We might be neck and neck (and no, those gigantic recap posts do not count!).

• September 26, 2012 at 12:06 amGenorain

well after watching this episode i read the manga and i am now waiting for the next chapter, no wonder this has been consistently in the top 5 in the jump rankings, this series is epic.

• September 27, 2012 at 6:28 pmfullmetalmya

BakaMochi, you did an awesome job covering KuroBasu! Thank you for taking the time out to thoroughly share what makes this show a smash hit. The last few episodes literally made my heart skip a beat. And I loved every second of it!

And surprisingly, though I dread finales, I wasn’t bummed out this time around. To me, the fact that the finale focused on Aoimine and Kise as opposed to Kagami and Kuroko screams “sequel coming soon!” I have a strong hunch that KuroBasu 2 will be greenlit for Winter 2013 (at the latest, Winter 2014).

• September 27, 2012 at 11:15 pmBakaMochi

Thank you so much – I’m glad you enjoyed the coverage! :D

Yeah… I would like to say a second season is pretty evident, but who knows?! *knocks on wood* I have a sneaking feeling S2 might grace the screens around winter or spring 2013, much like Fate/Zero and Rinne no Lagrange spaced their seasons apart.

• September 25, 2012 at 2:30 amnaixil

P.P.S. did you manage to best verdant and Stilts with this post yet?

• September 25, 2012 at 4:21 ambelatkuro

Unless Stilts goes overboard to the extreme on the final episode and impressions of Horizon, I believe she’s surpassed them already :P Though considering how long his episode posts are already…We’ll know next week.

• September 25, 2012 at 1:12 pmverdant

Mochi sure has, and I think it’s pretty legit and awesome haha

• September 25, 2012 at 2:39 amhasyl

I liked the last episode :D and Can’t wait for the 2nd season. I read that the 2nd season will be coming out on april 2013 i don’t know O.O?
    Will you also write about the OVA as well if it comes out??

• September 25, 2012 at 10:24 pmBakaMochi

Hmm… if there is a sequel they probably won’t air it right away, so winter/spring 2013 is likely. We can’t be sure until there’s official announcement though T__T

As for the OVA, yes I will blog it. I might even blog the extras in the BD’s if they’re worth talking about, so watch for those! :D

• September 25, 2012 at 3:06 amMomogoldfish

Aside from the heartstopping visuals I also think part of what made the finale is the excellent job Kimura did in voicing Kise. Looking forward to hearing more of him in Robotics;Notes

Another aspect the anime did very well in is their character design which finds a great balance between bishiness and manliness. They need to hurry up and release some figurines so that I can throw money at them.

Also: Season 2 Season 2 Season 2 Season 2 Season 2

• September 25, 2012 at 10:26 pmBakaMochi

Yeah! I’ve never really taken notice of Kimura Ryohei before and I found him kindda blah in Sankarea, but I really enjoyed him here so I’ll be looking forward to seeing him in more stuff.

And yes. Figurines. Supicotto/One Coins/Nendo Petits/1/8′s where. Shut up and take ma money, dammit!

• September 25, 2012 at 3:38 amRain

Absolutely my favorite show this year. It was an amazing ride, right from the beginning, and i was eagerly looking forward to every saturday, every week. Can’t recommend this show too much!

• September 25, 2012 at 5:15 amAltritter

“Like someone pointed out last week, Seirin relies too much on Kuroko and Kagami, so it would be nice to see the rest of the team pulling a bit more of their weight in matches”

Heh, you don’t need to worry about that. Kiyoshi completely changes the entire team. It’s not made that apparent before he’s seen in action, but he’s on par with the Generation of Miracles.

Anyway, fantastic season. Real shame that it had to stop here (Right before we see Kiyoshi actually do things too… damn.) but a second one shouldn’t be too far off.

• September 25, 2012 at 5:24 amFrog

I just want to say thanks for writing all of these posts week after week. I can only think it must have been a labour of love. You’re one of very few people on the Internet who has put in the time and effort to analyse Kuroko no Basuke seriously from a literary perspective, and it was always very insightful to read your comments.

• September 25, 2012 at 10:46 pmBakaMochi

Thank you for reading them! It was a labor of love through and through, yeah XD I didn’t expect the series to be as good as it was when I started though! I just wanted something to watch to pass the time and BAM! <3<3<3 Insta-love haha. The show deserved every bit of the attention so I didn’t mind spending the extra time on it, especially if people found it worth reading. :D

• September 25, 2012 at 5:43 amJenanime4eva

Does anyone know if season 2 has been confirmed yet?

This show definitely deserves one :).

• September 25, 2012 at 5:49 amJenanime4eva

Also big thanks goes to Bakamochi for her fantastically detailed analysis of the final episode and Kuroko no Basuke as a whole! :) I’ve enjoyed reading your posts a lot. Hopefully, we’ll get to see you blog the second season if it happens :D.

• September 25, 2012 at 10:59 pmBakaMochi

Thanks :) I can’t make any guarantees, but if a second season airs, it’ll definitely be at the very top of my priority list!

• September 25, 2012 at 5:45 amunknown2

The last episode was indeed Kise no Basuke lol. I enjoyed this serious the most for this season indeed.

I havent been into Sports anime since when Eyeshield 21 manga first came out (not counting the anime, as it got corney there)and Shion no Ou (if you can count Shougi as sports). Thanks to KnB I got into this sports manga/anime Phase that I decided to marathon Giant Killing (2010), which was also awesome and as well as One Outs (2008) another exciting sports anime. Now the next sports-ish thing I can look forward to is Chihayafuru this winter :-)

It would be preposterous to show such epilogue or even Akashi at the end if they weren’t planning a second season. Unless their aim was to tease us then leave.

At least

• September 25, 2012 at 7:36 amJimhawk

“…people who need to restore their faith in Production I.G.”

Yeah, pretty much this.

• September 25, 2012 at 8:10 amEunichi

At first, I was hesitant to watch KuroBasu since sports anime tend to disappoint me with the exception of Chihayafuru (idk, how to classify Chihayafuru but it’s still a sports anime, right?) and Ginga no Kickoff, for this year. In addition to that, Production IG is the producer.

However, KuroBasu quickly grew in me that I was forced to marathon the manga after two episodes. Though some of the techniques used here sometimes defy logic and basketball rules, it’s tolerable. My faith in Production was restored. They pretty much followed the manga.

I cannot ask for more for this final episode. It gave justice to my second most favorite match, including the not-yet-aired-only-in-manga-for-now matches. The characters grew, though they still have plenty to improve on.

Like what I have stated last week, it’d be good if all of the members will do all they can to win. I’d put it in spoiler tags but it’s not really a spoiler, if you’d ask me.

I hope the break is only for one season not two. If they’re going to make it more than two, then release the insert chapters and LNs as OVAs!

BakaMochi, thanks for this screencap. Let’s sing the oppai song!

• September 25, 2012 at 11:01 pmBakaMochi

Oppai~ Fanservice~ Peace to all mankind~

• September 25, 2012 at 8:24 amEunichi

To those who are still doubting that there would be a second season. This insert and also the “See you” at the end, tell us that there would be a next season.

If you’re experiencing withdrawals, especially those Kise fans who felt that they’re in heaven because of this episode, there’s still the manga.

On a side note, I hope that Ginga e Kickoff will also receive this kind of attention, even only half of it.

• September 25, 2012 at 2:46 pmunknown2

Ginga e no kick off worth watching then? I was watching Area no Kishi until ep 10….and its not doing it for me.

• September 26, 2012 at 2:40 amEunichi

Ginga e Kickoff is the best sports anime airing right now, at least for me and Enzo. If you want to know more about it, you can go to Enzo’s site at LIA.

• September 25, 2012 at 8:48 amIntricateRadiance

I’ve been eagerly awaiting your post Mochi!~

I teared up at the scene with Kasamatsu and Kise. That was the scene that did it for me.

Kasamatsu. Dear Kasamatsu. He came out to be one of my favourite characters in this show. Besides my undying love for Kise (and Kagami, and Kuroko..), the side characters really became some of the best characters of the show for me. Hyuuga, too.

Thank you very much, Bakamochi (and Enzo, for the first few episodes), for blogging this series. It’s now one of favourites, and I look forward to a second season.

• September 25, 2012 at 11:07 pmBakaMochi

Mmhmm. The side characters were just so good! Kasamatsu comforting Kise made me tear up a little… I’ve never lost a sports game, but I think everyone knows what it feels like to lose and it just felt so real T-T

Haha thanks, and I hope there’s a second season, too!

• September 25, 2012 at 8:51 amKira526

That was one jaw dropping final episode! And by that, I mean, I literally couldn’t keep my jaw from dropping every couple minutes! Half way through the episode I was panting right alongside all the players, haha. So the showdown between Kise and Aomine has finished (for now) and Aomine is once again victorious. But I’m really proud of Kise and how far he came as a player in just this one game! I know it may have cost him the game, but I got really excited when Kise was passing the ball to Kasamatsu right at the end. You could really see the faith they had in each other. And while both of them are hurting bad after that defeat, I know they’ll come back even stronger together.

I was pretty satisfied with this as the final episode (as long as there’s DEFINITELY going to be a second season, haha). I know they only left about ten minutes at the end for some KurokoxKagami time but I really enjoyed it nonetheless. Seirin (along with every viewer of this show) is fired up for the Winter Cup after watching that epic GoM battle. And Kuroko has finally spotted the next member, Murasakibara! Plus I cracked up when Midorima made his “disguised” cameo. I have such a soft spot for that guy! He’s so intense and yet so quirky at the same time.

I’d have to say that this episode was definitely hinting at a possible second season. But that may just be my wishful thinking at work here. I loved watching Kuroko and Kagami on the basketball court because it brought me back to the feeling they had in the beginning of the show. I love their dynamic and I really want to watch them grow as players in the months leading to the Winter Cup. Oh, speaking of growing, Aomine has ANOTHER LEVEL?! He must be some kind of android at this point! Anyway, I’m satisfied with this ending (for now) and can only hope that the glimpse into future games is a good sign. They can’t tease us with Murasakibara and Akashi during the end credits and then leave us hanging! I mean, they could, but I might cry ^^;;;

All in all, I will be missing this show and its characters for a while to come! This is the first sports anime that I’ve actually fallen in love with :) I will be eagerly awaiting a second season. Thanks for all your awesome blogs BakaMochi!

• September 25, 2012 at 11:29 pmBakaMochi

The teamwork! To be honest I was kind of afraid Kise would lose his resolve after Aomine admonished him, but I was happy/proud of his character when he still stood his ground. Really proves how far he’s come in terms of leaving his old middle school self behind.

Dat Aomine. So crazy XD If Haraguro Megane says so though, it must be something amazing haha. And more Midorima is always welcome – he’s somewhere in my top five and his rapport with Takao is just hilarious.

Thanks for reading! Hope to see you in S2!

• September 25, 2012 at 9:53 amNoSicko

Rest now, Bakamochi. You have done well.

• September 25, 2012 at 11:07 ambelatkuro

Don’t make it sound like Mochi is gonna disappear.

• September 25, 2012 at 11:33 pmBakaMochi

The Disappearance of BakaMochi… until the fall 2012 season.

• September 25, 2012 at 12:29 pmGhost

Great post! Will miss reading them every week.

On another note, the OST is out, but the best fucking song (The one in episode 4 during the Kaijo vs Seirin match) isn’t on it. Why :(?

• September 25, 2012 at 11:36 pmBakaMochi

Thanks! :) Hmm… maybe there’s a Part II to the OST? But if the track’s played in ep 4 that’s really early O: I’m sure someone will have it though, if you Google hard enough! >__>

• September 25, 2012 at 12:46 pmgrey

and of course, creds to the voice actors!

• September 25, 2012 at 8:58 pmnaixil

the seiyuus were all excellently cast. while i love Ono Daisuke (Midorima) and Hosoya (Hyuuga), Kimura Ryohei really nailed it down as Kise. (。♥‿♥。)

• September 25, 2012 at 11:37 pmBakaMochi

I’m so glad they didn’t use the Drama CD casting for Midorima – Yusa Kouji over OnoD? No fucking way lol.

• September 25, 2012 at 1:00 pmrandom viewer

Kise really, really tried his best…I’m proud of him for putting that much effort and not giving up in the game. I suppose it would be too soon for anyone to win against Aomine, but then again now there’s something to look forward to in another season. Winter cup won’t come until the winter…and that spoiler of an epilogue really increases my anticipation of the tournament. Now I know there will be someone to blog this anime whenever season 2 comes as to keep me posted. Until the next time for Kuroko no Basuke.

• September 25, 2012 at 11:38 pmBakaMochi

Ohhhhh when that second season airs I’ll be all over it like a hobo on a ham sandwich. LOL

• September 25, 2012 at 1:26 pm113

Season 2 is almost determined.Akashi’s CV information is already in Japanese magazine.

• September 25, 2012 at 1:40 pmAltritter

Akashi had a few spoken lines in the show already, we knew his VA for quite a while.

• September 25, 2012 at 3:50 pmFT5Havok

SEASON 2 Onegai shimasu! :)

• September 25, 2012 at 11:35 pmBNV

I like to watch my anime in one setting with all the episodes; therefore, I take advantage to read RC’s posts to give me an idea if the anime is worth watching. I haven’t read a sports manga like kuroko no basket, but I did watch a sports anime before. (Ookiku Furikabutte)
    That anime peaked my interest to look into other sports anime as such kuroko no basket, so I am pleased to see you enjoyed kuroko no basket! I can’t wait to watch it now!! XD Thanks for your post Bakamochi while I’m still not familiar to this anime yet, I really enjoyed your enthusiasm, energy, and love for this anime. X3 Oh and I loved your screenshots. (=w=) (hehe)

Final say: Thank you, thank you! I’m hoping for a second season. :)

• September 27, 2012 at 11:11 pmBakaMochi

Thanks so much! This anime got me interested in other sports anime, but uh… their episode counts are so daunting haha. When you watch it, I hope you enjoy it as much as I did! :D

(And I’m happy you enjoyed the caps too :D)

• September 26, 2012 at 9:14 amRavin

Sad to see all the good shows ending :(

BakaMochi, thanks a lot for blogging this series :)

• September 27, 2012 at 11:12 pmBakaMochi

No problem! Hopefully they’ll make a second season :)

• September 28, 2012 at 7:36 pmNymphetamine2791

I haven’t liked a series like this since Ippo. Kise really put up a great fight and it was awesome seeing his 1v1 encounters. Really hoping for a second season (and for them to continue a sequel to Ippo damnit >_<).

• September 29, 2012 at 5:47 pmAkAtsUbAkI

@ BakaMochi

Hopefully I’m not too late to report this but I just read Episode 24 and Clicked on the Link on the Word “Nigou!” but the Whole Picture Didn’t Show up …..
    This one http://randomc.net/image/Kuroko%20no%20Basuke/Nigou.jpg

I’m Pretty Sure it’s Kuroko’s Dog but i just Wanted to See it Soo badly that i just had to Ask you if it’s Just me/ My Computer or Does anyone else have a problem Seeing / Maybe Loading up the same Picture ???

OH and BTW !!!! I LOVED EVERYTHING you had to Say about Kuroko No Basuke And I ESPECIALLY LOVED EVERY single One OF THE FUll LENGTHS that you have taken your time to Make/ take …… I am Soo Very Grateful That you have JOINED THE RC Team and I REALLY HOPE You don’t Leave In the Near Future

Your Post Were Long-Winded But I Just loved it More becuase of how much Detail Was inside them T_T BTW I’m one of those people that just has to Read EVERYTHING sooo I just Took like maybe almost/More than an Hour Reading Episode 24 + 25 (The Reviews you wrote)

There Is no one Else In RC apart from “Stilts” (Who is ALSO JUST as AMAZING) that does that amount of Passionate Writing,
    But I guess your My Favourite Writer NOW XD – The only Person I can Rely on to Make That MANY Full Lengths :O . Just trying to think How much time you Probably Spent Writing These + Taking the Full Lengths :O IS just CRAZY off the Charts and that’s Why us Reader Owe you a BIG great Thanks for Being the person that Delivered us Full Coverage of KnB

“THANK YOU” :) and i Hope you Compose More or just as many Screen Caps for the Future Anime’s you will be blogging

• December 19, 2012 at 1:03 pmMark

I just got done marathoning this series and no sports anime has gotten me this excited since eyeshield 21. I was really hoping kiske would win with all my heart and broke to see him lose. It also felt like a slap in the face to know that aomine still has another level when kiske was trying so hard.

Reminds me of the Goku Vs Vegeta rematch then later finding out Goku had SSJ3.

Love this series and cant wait for the next season!