BTOOOM! – 09
「最強プレイヤー」 (Saikyou Pureiyaa)
“The Strongest Player”
How naïve can you be? One would think that Ryouta would’ve learned a lesson from Murasaki’s story, but apparently he is still as foolish as usual. It’s very brave of him to trust a stranger in a game of survival very easily, but it’s not very kind when you have great team mates already. Had Ryouta been alone, it would make sense for him to blindly trust people, but now, he has exposed his team mates to danger. While Date did treat Taira, which is a plus even though there is a motive behind the kind act, Ryouta shouldn’t have told the man about all of their secrets. It’s nice to be thankful, but telling someone about your BIM collection and chips? Really? Oh well, at least Himiko is less of a fool. But unfortunately, she has been separated from Ryouta.
The first thing that happened when the sly doctor joined the team was a separation. He is a nice addition, isn’t he? Sarcasm aside, while it made me sad to see Himiko being separated from Ryouta, it was quite nice to see her in a fight without BIMs. Hidemi is not an easy opponent. She is rude, ill-mannered, and strong. No wonder Oda teamed up with her! Himiko probably wouldn’t stand a chance against Hidemi in a fair battle. There is no real killing intent inside Himiko. She is simply impulsive and follows her gut feelings. But there is something she has that is required to survive this game – good instinct. Himiko doesn’t trust people easily and she is the only one who doubts Date so far. Knowing your enemy is great, but what good will that do when you don’t have the heart to kill someone? Perhaps Himiko has a strong killing intent – she would probably be able to kill Hidemi when the situation would call for it – but not Date. The doctor is trusted by her team mates, and she wouldn’t want to disappoint them or make them believe that she is a wolf in sheep’s clothing. Himiko is definitely in a sticky situation, but she is smart, so she’ll probably manage to play along with the snake.
Ryouta may be a fool because of his naïvety, but he is a good BTOOOM! player which gives him a lot of advantages, even against strong players like Oda. It’s hard to say what kind of person Oda is. He seems like a clever and strong man, winner material, but luckily, strength isn’t everything. The battle for the food sure was intense. While it’s understandable that the case had something very valuable to all the players, it baffles me that people go so far for them. It’s not like they don’t have anything else to eat on this island. Real survivors would try to stay out of sight and simply eat whatever is available on the island. The chances of being attacked while cooking something you’ve hunted down are lower than during a food case drop. Oh well, perhaps it’s wrong of me to question that, because the food cases bring more entertainment value to the show. We’ll see whether or not Ryouta manages to get himself some fancy food next week when the battle continues. One of the strongest players on this island versus one of the strongest BTOOOM! players – this battle will be exciting!
- It surprises me that someone would even bother to team up with Kousuke. He should be considered as “small fry” by now, and he doesn’t even have a BIM.
- Flame BIMs!
- Did Oda predict that Ryouta would come for him when he’d be standing exactly on that spot?
- I will never see the point in telling your enemy about all the tricks you have.
- Poor Taira, alone again…
- Didn’t Murasaki tell Himiko Date’s name? While it could be another doctor with the same name, Himiko should still be suspicious.
- I spot a new character in the preview. If I’m right, this should be the last character introduction of this show.
- Someone pointed out something last week that I had not noticed. Apparently, Himiko and Ryouta are holding hands in the opening sequence now!
- Apologies for the tardiness of this post. A blizzard killed my connection today.