Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge – 12, 13 (END) »« Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge – 10

Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge – 11

Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge   11   01 Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge   11   02 Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge   11   03
Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge   11   04 Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge   11   05 Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge   11   06
Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge   11   07 Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge   11   08 Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge   11   09
Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge   11   10 Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge   11   11 Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge   11   12
Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge   11   13 Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge   11   14 Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge   11   15
Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge   11   16 Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge   11   17 Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge   11   18
Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge   11   19 Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge   11   20 Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge   11   21
Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge   11   22 Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge   11   23 Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge   11   24
Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge   11   25 Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge   11   26 Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge   11   27
Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge   11   28 Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge   11   29 Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge   11   30
Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge   11   31 Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge   11   32 Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge   11   33
Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge   11   34 Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge   11   35 Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge   11   36

「―レッド・ライジング―」 (―Reddo Raijingu―)
“―Red Rising―”

This week’s episode featured mainly the aftermath of Kiri and Iwai’s encounter against Emily. Iwai went straight to her dad’s old office and pulled out his diary (apparently he has a diary that she didn’t bother to check before). Kiri suffers from loss of blood and wounds that won’t heal. All the while, Emily’s past gets revealed piece by piece. It wasn’t anything I wasn’t expecting and I hate to say I told you so, but… I told you so! (Technically I guessed half-sister…)

As it turns out Emily’s “father” is not her legitimate father. In fact, Emily was born as a child in the streets with no family until someone brought her to Iwai’s father. He wanted to find someone who could wield Killing Goods in order to help Iwai cut her hair. Turns out that the girl that he found was Emily and he raised her up as his own (whenever he was in town). I found this a little depressing actually since Emily knew that he wanted to use her to help Iwai; her “father” wasn’t actually her father. I’m not a child psychologist or anything, but don’t children usually like to have their parents’ complete attention? I would be quite upset to know that my father was leaving me to be with “her” (sounds like a mistress or something) and I thought that might have eluded to Emily’s hatred for Iwai. It turns out that she only wants to kill Iwai because she wants to wish her father back to life. Oh… the dangers of bringing the dead back to life. Why do I get the feeling that these types of wishes never work? Even Violet hesitates before agreeing. We’ll have to see if Emily even succeeds in her murder.

Separated from Iwai this episode was Kiri – all alone with his bleeding arm and no one to take care of him but Yamane (of course…). Kiri must either be a very ignorant man or just very devoted to Iwai because it seems like there’s another contender for his heart now. I don’t necessarily think Yamane “likes” him, but maybe it’s because she doesn’t realize it herself yet. Nothing really irks me anymore when it comes to Crime Edge, even when it’s swapping blood with each other. I’ve always known that Yamane gets off to that, but Kiri’s a whole new story. That also can’t be very sanitary… but I guess that’s not that point of the scene. Yamane brings up a good point that Kiri has no instinct to kill which many of the authors have. I also don’t think Emily (who’s apparently an artificial author or “created” author) has that killer instinct. It’ll be interesting to see how that turn of events go down when Kiri goes searching for ancestry. From the looks of it, he goes a little too killer-hungry later…

There are only 2 episodes left of Crime Edge and Emily’s arc is likely going to mark the end of this season. Still miles away from the end of the story, Crime Edge has come a long way since I started blogging it and it’s exceeded a lot of my expectations in terms of entertainment value. I hope it doesn’t disappoint in these final episodes and worse yet, I hope it doesn’t end off on a cliffhanger. It’s nice to see that some characters have developed a fair bit (all in one-cour) though, sometimes you never get to see that aspect even in a 2-cour show. Let’s hope Kiri doesn’t go too crazy in these final 2 episodes.

Full-length images: 03, 07, 20, 23, 32.

Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge   11   Preview 01 Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge   11   Preview 02 Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge   11   Preview 03
June 13, 2013 at 1:51 pm
  • June 13, 2013 at 2:13 pmBear

Yamane has become the person I have the most sympathy for. Tortured by the Killing Goods, she still is underneath a good person.

Emily doesn’t grasp something. How will her resurrected “father” react when he finds out it was accomplished by the murder of Iwai? She must not have watched FMA. Resurrection isn’t a good option. Of course, has it been verified that he’s actually dead? Wonder how Emily would react if he turns up?

• June 14, 2013 at 6:18 amCherrie

My thoughts exactly… resurrecting loved ones = bad news. It never goes well =X

• June 14, 2013 at 6:22 pmhaseo0408

Pet Sematary by Stephen King taught me that a long time ago; all hail the Master of Terror!.

• June 13, 2013 at 2:16 pmhaseo0408

Most people wouldn´t want to know anything about a family member whose only job was slice and dice human beings for fun, funny how life has turn up for Kiri but at least he has a cute girlfriend.

• June 13, 2013 at 2:33 pmcreaothceann

Those lightbeams…

• June 14, 2013 at 7:04 amc2710

pointless…..

why must it be censored?

• June 13, 2013 at 2:57 pmmianghuei

All those Yamane screencaps….

• June 14, 2013 at 6:14 amCherrie

She needs more love ^^

• June 13, 2013 at 3:56 pmBlaBlaBla

I seriously can’t believe they censored an injection

• June 13, 2013 at 4:03 pmSDFSDG

Some people can’t handle needles (me being one of them). Its one thing to have limbs being chopped off but its another to see a needle getting stuck inside a person (at least on that one spot behind their elbow) because if she just stabbed him in the back they wouldn’t needed to have censored it but the whole injection thing does make people queasy (like it did with me…even with it still censored). Kind of sad with everything that happened in this show, the only unsettling thing I found was the blood transfusion.

• June 13, 2013 at 4:06 pmSDFSDG

I meant to say injections make SOME people queasy. So at least they had that in mind for the viewers. That along with Kiri ending up in a bathtub with his blood mixed inside of it made me feel….IDK, uncomfertable in a sense.

• June 13, 2013 at 4:49 pmMCAL

Well, let it be said that Crime Edge isn’t above making people uncomfortable.

• June 13, 2013 at 8:42 pmMgMaster

Indeed.There’s just something very unsettling about a needle slowly piercing your skin(and it’s even worse on softer spots) & staying there for some time while you watch as a liquid is being injected into your veins or your blood is slowly being drained from them…I made that seem more unsettling than it actually is didn’t I?

• June 14, 2013 at 6:16 amCherrie

I think watching an injection or seeing someone else use a needle isn’t that scary… I just don’t like getting needles in myself =X
        It’s nice that Crime Edge still has the audience in mind =P at least they haven’t started mutilating bodies yet… then I’m out >_<

• June 14, 2013 at 8:41 amSDFSDG

Well personally I’m not afraid of getting shots or whatever as long as I don’t look at the damn things while it happens. But I know people back in my highschool that would literally faint whenever they see people get their blood drawn (blood drives in the school). Its a phobia that actually a good portion of people have, so its not like someone can say “I seriously can’t believe they censored an injection” andtotally think all because they’re okay with it doesn’t mean other people aren’t, come on people have brains (referring to blah blah)…weird I can totally handle the last episode of Blood C uncensored but not that one needlescene when it it uncensored….gofigures.

• June 14, 2013 at 8:43 amSDFSDG

*when the needle scene was CENSORED*…I seriously hate my keyboard

• June 13, 2013 at 4:21 pmMagoiichi

Yep, this is pretty much where I left off in the manga, no other chapters for me to read T-T.

All the fans of this anime can do is hope there’s a second season later like Magi ;/

• June 13, 2013 at 6:00 pmfoureyeszerosoul

^ If I had a wife/girlfriend like Yamane, I could get over my phobia of syringes and injections. Why do I keep hearing Kotomine Kirei’s voice when Emily’s “father” was onscreen?

• June 13, 2013 at 6:58 pmMCAL

That would be because he is voiced by Jouji Nakata. Kirei’s seiyuu among many other legendary ones.

• June 13, 2013 at 8:48 pmMgMaster

I now think that they didn’t let him voice Seiji on purpose.Kirei’s double would’ve then been complete.

• June 13, 2013 at 8:52 pmCybersteel

Yeah that would have been full of lolz.

• June 14, 2013 at 11:31 amZhemos

This anime is so juvenile, i can’t believe i’ve watched it this far.

• June 14, 2013 at 12:03 pmMagoiichi

• June 14, 2013 at 1:52 pmBlaBlaBla

I meant like…out of all the needle-injecting scenes, they have to censor this one. If the production group didn’t censor the other scenes, why did they censor this one?

• June 14, 2013 at 8:23 pmMCAL

Because it involved blood this time?