Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku Wo! – 10 (END) »« Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku Wo! – 08

Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku Wo – 09

「この素晴らしい店に祝福を!」 (Kono Subarashii Mise ni Shukufuku wo!)
“God’s Blessing On This Wonderful Shop!”

I’m not quite sure how this happens, but it looks like Stilts missed out on an episode that would have had his fingers moving at the speed of light.

Busty Beauty — The Succubus

Ever since Dullahan got blown to bits through a combination of holy rain water and a giant explosion of fire, I’ve been loving how each episode has introduced some sort of new character to us. While I was a feeling a little let down when I thought it was just two random adventurers that Kazuma met, I was happily surprised to see that there was something much better in-store for us in the form of some well endowed Succubuses. Taking on the typical appearance we see in most animes, I guess it shouldn’t be a big surprise that they’re running what was essentially a PG-13 brothel. Replacing sex with the word dream, it makes you wonder just how crazy those “dreams” could get with the amount of detail they require on that registration form of theirs. The funniest part of it all though had to be when Kazuma and the Host Succubus got into the nitty gritty details about what was okay and what wasn’t okay. From copyright infractions (which is pretty pertinent to what’s going on in the real world right now) to bringing a 2D girl into a 3D world, it’s not like any of it could be wrong when it’s all just a “dream”, right?

Comrades In Arms

This might be a random side point, but I wanted to highlight something that caught my attention during the dinner scene. For all the complaining that Kazuma does about Aqua, Darkness, and Megumin I think it’s pretty clear that he’s starting to enjoy the company of all of them. While those feelings of friendship aren’t strong enough to overcome that lust of his, I just thought it was nice to hear him be so kind to all three of them — even if it was just inside his head.

Darkness in The Darkness

Oh boy. I’m not quite sure what happened here, but I nearly pulled a neck muscle with all the cringing I was doing in the first few minutes of the scene. By the time I fixed my face though, it was clear that Kazuma was walking down a real bloody path. At least, that’s what I thought until Darkness completely ignored all common sense and actually went along with Kazuma! Completely falling into Kazuma’s pace and ignoring all the alarms blaring in her head, I was getting real anxious to see just how far things were going to get.

Luckily (or unluckily?), the two were interrupted before things got a little too hot and went past the point of no return. Something that was probably for the best since there’d be so many problems to tackle and none of have time for that!

Looking Ahead

While it’s tough to say what’ll happen since the preview likes to cut itself early, I doubt we’ll be disappointed with whatever occurs. Based off of what we saw though, it looks like something big is about to go down since Darkness looked like she was ready to knock someone’s head off. In any case, I’ll maybe catch you guys next week if Stilts has another urgent thing come up. If not, I’ll be lurking in the comments like usual. See you!

Bonus Material

I like Megumin. You like Megumin. Thank god for this link http://megum.in/index.php?xd=2. Provided by Tadashi in the comments.

March 9, 2016 at 10:34 pm
  • March 9, 2016 at 10:56 pmL002

That “Aqua’s intelligence” part cracked me, to a painful point; Kazuma had to cry for poor Aqua’s sake.

Because Darkness was such as HUGE masochist, I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if Kazuma took his enjoyable time with her without facing any sort of retaliation. On the side note, I am wondering what kind of family Darnkess has, I don’t suppose the father is a big M while the mother was an Sadist but Darkness inherited most of her father’s trait.

I understand Kazuma must have a good taste for an “onee-san” fetish. But for some reason, after seeing this type of succubus, I feel his fetish will keep changing. T_T How nice it must be, for Kazuma to get reincarnate into a fantasy world, he needs to make full use of it; hopefully Aqua will revive him if he dies again.

I can tell why they are angry.
    Aqua- “You have a goddess like me, who doesn’t wear panties, and you still want a succubus?!”
    Darkness – “I’m angry you stopped midway!”
    Megumin – “I’m the only loli in this group, you can’t replace me!”

Kazuma needs this face when he meets the demon lord.

• March 10, 2016 at 2:57 pmSolaris

I can tell why they are angry.
      Darkness – “I’m angry you stopped midway!”
      Megumin – “I’m the only loli in this group, you can’t replace me!”

Sir, you just won an internet and a free Morrigan (or would you prefer Lilith more?) for tonight’s dreams.

• March 10, 2016 at 5:45 pmL002

If I had a choice it would be definitely be Lilith, 2D version.

• March 11, 2016 at 6:44 amSolaris

Might I speak, wonderful choice, I’d say, Sir.
        We’re really sorry for the inconvenience, but the girl was not very keen to oblige, so we had to restrain her a little. I hope it is not a problem for you, Sir.

• March 9, 2016 at 10:56 pmOne Pinch Man

“Last night, I was controlled by a succubus… That’s the story I’m going with!”
    Nice excuse, Kazuma-san!

• March 10, 2016 at 12:40 amRedRocket

“It was not me” think there a song about that.

• March 9, 2016 at 11:04 pmdaikama

Well, that was one fanservice heavy episode. O.O

• March 10, 2016 at 1:54 amdefunkt_bots

That heavy fanservice…
      *looks over at Darkness…..

“heavy”… ^^

• March 9, 2016 at 11:04 pmYanDaMan

Best, episode, ever.

• March 9, 2016 at 11:13 pmGinobi47

• March 10, 2016 at 7:25 ammike

i bet if he saw that face he’d be turned off lol

• March 10, 2016 at 4:31 pmRedRocket

And fantastic rears in thongs. Why is no one mentioning the great rears shown.

• March 10, 2016 at 4:47 pmGuile

I was more impressed by Kazuma and the others’ voice acting rather than the jiggling. I’ve seen bouncing breasts and butts in a hundred animes already.

• March 9, 2016 at 11:20 pmMeep

The two adventurers (Keith and Dust) are from an event that happens between ep 7 and 8

• March 9, 2016 at 11:33 pmGuile

Yeah, that was a good bit. Here’s hoping they’ll manage to fit that segment into an OVA or something.

• March 10, 2016 at 2:39 amBlahto

The part about Wiz, Yunyun and the party switch, I believe will be in the OVA

• March 10, 2016 at 2:39 pmTakaii

This sounds like it would be an amazing episode.

• March 10, 2016 at 8:52 pmHalfDemonInuyasha

I could see that and the Wiz introduction as possible (short) OVAs after the main episodes are done.

• March 10, 2016 at 4:31 pmSolaris

That party exchange episode was pure gold. I was upset they skip it, but hey! They earned all of my forgiveness with this episode :D

• March 9, 2016 at 11:30 pmBukszie

What an episode where should I begin.
    I nearly lost it at when kazuma realised that Aqua’s stats are maxed and she would always be an idiot. Or the succubus shop scene, that was really funny. What about the bath scene and it’s aftermath, hilarious.
    Plus will kazuma actually lose in a fight to aqua and megumin? Darkness probably but I don’t see the other two winning in a straight up brawl against him.

• March 10, 2016 at 3:56 amAex

Remember that Aqua can hit really hard (see what she did to the Hero that could bend iron). That’s all I can think of, cause Megumin would not be a threat and Darkness would just keep missing.

A fight over a sweet succubus? Worth it. Please let her reappear.

• March 9, 2016 at 11:32 pmGuile

It wasn’t just me that thought the animation was really shoddy this episode, right?

• March 10, 2016 at 2:03 ammac65

Yeah, I was thinking the same…

• March 10, 2016 at 5:17 amGouka Ryuu

Yeah, things were off model, which even i noticed and i usually don’t. This felt like a filler episode, and it is surprising that it isn’t. At least the whole thing being cringe-worthy was the point.

• March 10, 2016 at 11:16 amJim

We had a different animation director for this episode (who’s actually the character designer for the series too). Apparently, extra-bouncy boobs are just part of his usual style, and he doesn’t care about off-model faces if it makes the scene funnier.

• March 10, 2016 at 11:49 amLyfe

That was the first thing I noticed when the episode started. That said, anyone who has watched Log Horizon 2 will be versed in the random drop in animation/art quality between episodes lol.

• March 10, 2016 at 2:40 pmTakaii

I’m 1000% sure most of the budget was spent on boob physics and the succubuses.

DO YOU NOT SEE HOW ADORABLE SHE IS?

• March 11, 2016 at 9:27 pmZhinvu

That’s the first thing I saw Takaii. Makes me sad that she’s just an extra.

• March 12, 2016 at 5:45 pmEbisu

They probably used the budget allocated to explosions for the boobs. The lack of explosions must have helped, yep.

• March 9, 2016 at 11:51 pmET

Kazuma is the best MC ever.

Girl’s panties in his hands? He doesn’t freak out like other harem MCs, he swings those panties around while laughing in victory in front of said girl.

Given the chance to have the wet dream of his choice? He straight out asks about his perversions and the legal ramifications that come with it. He knows what he wants and he’s going to get it.

His friend comes in naked while he’s still in the bath? No nosebleeds, no panicking, no passing out like other wimpy MCs, no sir, he gives the best shit-eating grin he can give, displays his junk right in front of her face, and orders her to get on her knees to scrub his back while proceeding to give no f*cks. At all.

Kazuma is the best MC ever.

• March 10, 2016 at 3:51 amrunner

Oh I’m pretty sure he was planing to give some f*** later. *wink

• March 10, 2016 at 10:07 amTechim

So if Aqua hadn’t interfered by setting an intruder detection system, Kazuma x Darkness would have gone all the way undisturbed, with them probably hooking up for real when Kazuma finds out..

• March 10, 2016 at 5:18 amWanderer

To be fair on the last point, he thought Darkness was his “dream” for the night, so that’s why he was willing to act so forward with her. He probably wouldn’t have done all that if he’d realized the situation was actually real.

• March 10, 2016 at 9:37 amShirt

The last time I said this to myself was when I saw Kazuma from Kaze no Stigma. And Demon King Daimo’s Akuto.

• March 10, 2016 at 2:40 pmTakaii

I can already see the doujinshis coming.

• March 12, 2016 at 12:28 pmmac65

Wait… This wasn’t one already???!

• March 10, 2016 at 12:04 amTassadar

I think it was the first episode where almost every single movement of a female would cause the “tit-swing” up and down. It used to apply to large breasts only, mainly Darkness’, but in this episode, it was EVERYWHERE and all the time! I think only Megumin didn’t display it but I have to check again.

• March 10, 2016 at 12:10 amMormegil

You said it. Stils DEFINITELY missed out on this one. Oh, boy.

Funny(and also very lewd) episode. Darkness sure has some glorious oppai.
    I actually expected her to be a little more forward in the bath, given her masochistic nature, but instead she was kind of shy.

• March 10, 2016 at 2:40 pmTakaii

I already sent him a tweet with a nice little cap to make sure he realizes he missed something amazing.

• March 10, 2016 at 12:13 amTimaeus

It’s starting to become a rule that whenever one member of the RC team has to cover for another, the episode they do it for inevitably ends up being awesome.

• March 10, 2016 at 1:37 amTakaii

But, for Stilts, it’s been EVERY episode I’ve covered of that show.

#whatarethechances

• March 10, 2016 at 5:18 amWanderer

Either you have a really high luck stat, or Stilts has a really low one. ;)

• March 10, 2016 at 9:20 amWorldwidedepp

Takaii surly has 99 Luck :). But i bet he also want to have this “stealing” skill :)

• March 10, 2016 at 12:59 amRedRocket

Loved it. Loved it. Stilts needs to make a special comment but like your review takaii.

Ok dojin artists you often disappoint me by not expanding on actual encounters in anime and manga, instead going for unrelated fantasies. I need a what happens if Succubus not captured encounter.

I am not wild about the Japan like of huge very floppy breasts, the type normally gotten only by older women and after pregnancy. But it a big thing in Japan. Japan your trying to drive me into Lollicon. At least have more traditional small breasted Japanese women.
    Late 70′s knew a wife of a older biker friend, who tormented us in the War Game group that meet at their house, who had D plus cups, never wore a bra and was not where near as floppy, actually rather firm.
    Found out later it mainly pregnancy that makes breasts sag and under 20 breasts mostly fiber, in far Asian countries fiber into the 30′s plus making breast x-rays hard. Only after that are they mainly fat and even then they don’t flop unless there pregnancy or major weight changes. Bra’s actually make breasts more floppy as they weaken the muscles which hold them up. The flop is caused by skin being stretched and aging mostly, I’m a breast fan along with fan of all the rest.
    Late 70′s early 80′s was also the experiment with naked images of underage girls, Blue Lagoon, Pretty Baby, Playboy even had several features with them, and David Hamilton and nudest films, teen age girls hardly flop at all. And hey making em accurate makes them less provocative than flopping around. ;)

• March 10, 2016 at 1:08 amwicked

underrated joke, the menacing mad max looking dude was just an artisan weaver, and Megumin talking how if you offer her a deal with these crabs in exchange for stopping firing off her explosion for a day, she would restrain herself to eat the crabs, then back out of the deal to fire off her explosion

• March 10, 2016 at 4:07 pmVoyager

“Destroyer, Explosion!” – offscreen Megumin, while playing chess.

Not really a joke, but Megumin never fails to make me smile :)

• March 10, 2016 at 2:53 amzztop

Konosuba character popularity poll results!
    1) Megumin
    2) Eris (the goddess)
    4) Aqua
    6) Darkness
    7) Wiz
    8) Kazuma
    30)Megumin’s panties

Also, Kazuma and Megumin’s seiyu cosplay as Megumin!

• March 10, 2016 at 3:03 amTakaii

MEGUMINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

Wiz is chou kawaii imho.

• March 10, 2016 at 2:56 pmGuile

I really think Kazuma deserves a higher placing. He’s not just the straight man, he gets funny bits too!

• March 10, 2016 at 3:51 amAudacity

>Chuuni
    >Explosion fanatic
    >Dfc
    >Actually not behaving like a total bitch
    >Having some great reactions
    >Being bullyable
    >Being a bully sometimes

It’s been a while since /a/ loved a girl so much.
    ALL HAIL OUR BAKURETSU MAHOU GRILL!

• March 10, 2016 at 3:57 amrunner

Gotta love the atmosphere of Kasuma’s resident.
    Feels like when you make a trip somewhere with a group of your close friends and just chill out in the night in your hotel room.

• March 10, 2016 at 4:01 amZhinvu

This succubus having bat wings in her hair is definitely a Morrigan reference!

On the episode itself, things sped by fast again as we never got to see how Kazuma met those two. That dream brothel and that Succubus onee-san. It’s no wonder Kazuma was mesmerized while she explained with the way she was caressing herself. So apparently Kazuma’s dream didn’t come on time because that succubus who got caught looked like a newbie. And speaking of that succubus she was cute. I wonder she’s just a one time character and her seiyuu sounded so familiar I’ll need to check. And wow so much Darkness goodness in this episode. It was a bit surprising she acted all shy around Kazuma being weird as I thought she was an M.Show Spoiler ▼

Also Kazuma’s look of pity at Aqua being unable to get any smarter has got to be the best way he dealt with Aqua’s haughtiness.

• March 10, 2016 at 4:38 amGrahav

Morrigan was the who made succubi a common knowledge to all boys and girls.

Darkness got some nice character development in this episode.

The funny thing: a masochist who needs to be in control.

• March 10, 2016 at 8:33 amJim

“Rookie Succubus” was played by Nanami Yamashita, from Wake Up Girls and Inou Battle.

• March 10, 2016 at 2:37 pmZhinvu

No wonder her voice reminded me of Chifuyu.

• March 10, 2016 at 7:30 pmwicked

No one said masochist cant be pure at heart. Darkness is actually shy about actual sexy stuff, as all she knows are weird stuff

• March 10, 2016 at 5:20 amGouka Ryuu

I don’t know if anyone else knew, but Kazuma’s VA is the funny-story guy from Shirobako.

• March 10, 2016 at 2:41 pmTakaii

:oooooooooooooooooooooo

• March 10, 2016 at 6:00 amxxvan

Kazuma is a hero

Bless this man

• March 10, 2016 at 2:41 pmTakaii

I can’t upvote here, but I’d +1 this comment.

• March 10, 2016 at 6:34 amDude

This whole damn episode is a dream.

Someone turned on boob physics and rammed it up to 11. From the beginning of the episode we’re already seeing the main girls jiggling away.

• March 10, 2016 at 7:13 amTassadar

That’s what I said in my comment above. Boob jiggling is maxed out in almost every female in the frame!

• March 10, 2016 at 9:19 amWorldwidedepp

guys.. it has a name….

gainaxing… :) Gangsters! told me that :)

• March 10, 2016 at 7:27 ammike

this episode was damn straight over the roof haha it was probably the most unpredictable episode so far. and to think it was merely for fan service XD

• March 10, 2016 at 8:14 amHeisenberg

Yet another Godly episode.

Seriously if any LN adaptation deserves a second season it’s this show hands down.

• March 10, 2016 at 11:58 amLyfe

I don’t think we have anything to worry about there. The Blu Ray is ranked 27 in the best sellers on BD/DVD on Amazon Japan, which usually indicates a show is doing very well. The first volume is out March 25, so we should know not long after how well it’s done for sure.

• March 10, 2016 at 8:24 amTadashi

Was linked this site purely for all of Megumin’s explosions LOL

• March 10, 2016 at 2:42 pmTakaii

AMAZING. I’M ADDING AN ADDENDUM TO THIS POST WITH THAT LINK.

• March 10, 2016 at 8:47 amSolaris

I think Stilts is cursed.
    It’s not possible that whenever life takes him over, fanservice happens.
    Let’s restrain him from 2D life for the sake of free fanservice!

• March 10, 2016 at 2:48 pmTakaii

It’s gotten to the point that whenever I have to cover him for a post, he expects this to happen LOL

• March 10, 2016 at 9:17 amWorldwidedepp

Succubus to help releasing sexual stress… men what a brilliant idea, and Stilts is cursed. Yeah…

• March 10, 2016 at 9:27 amWorldwidedepp

problem here, the Succubus did not deliverer his Dream. So what we saw in this “Trap” was her true form, not Kazuma’s dram girl. She would give him the desired Dream, in exchange for a bit vitality.. the last part is your own mind cinema…

• March 10, 2016 at 9:26 amsonicsenryaku

I thought the moment the succubus at the bar began to lose her composure with Kazuma due to his constant questioning was great. On a side note, let’s not forget that if darkness wasnt so “out there” she’d be kazuma’s ideal girl: she’s older, beautiful, and is powerful

• March 10, 2016 at 10:41 amHalfDemonInuyasha

• March 10, 2016 at 11:47 amLyfe

Well, that escalated quickly. I’m surprised we got a fanservice heavy episode right after the random one that aired last week lol.

• March 10, 2016 at 2:07 pmSolaris

>I don’t really know what “2D” means but I guess it’s OK.
    That killed me
    YOU’RE that 2D, for the sake of LOL

• March 10, 2016 at 2:48 pmTakaii

The look on her face though, she totally knew what was going on :^)

• March 11, 2016 at 6:50 amSolaris

Well, I guess she’s not a succubus just for show… :p

• March 10, 2016 at 3:18 pmDesi

“If the recent past is any indication, it ensures that next episode will be amazing. It seems like takkun always ends up covering for me on the most fanservice-a-rific episodes.”
    - Stilts, the comment section of Konosuba episode 8.
    It’s eerie how true this ended up being, as this episode was quite the most amazing fanservice-a-rific episode indeed.

• March 10, 2016 at 4:01 pmPrivate

I was dreaming the latest Brandish.

• March 10, 2016 at 10:40 pmewok40k

oh boy THE fanservice episode and stilts missed it…
    Succubi Sleeping Service is (after Wiz) next example of monsters adapting to human society in unexpected ways. They have really created quite good level of customer service with detailed “wishlist” for a “pleasant dream”. The poor succubus that fell into Aqua’s trap was even more dedicated to her profession, ready to die to protect her customer…
    Kazuma really seems to start to inadverently befriend his companions. And mysels seeing their dinertime bonding can understand why.
    But the star of the episode is definitely Darkness… too bad the barrier alarm interrupted things, cause she definitely was about to go forward with whatever dream scenario Kazuma invented!
    Bonus points for ehr surprisingly shy side…

• March 11, 2016 at 12:40 pmChromeNova

My god, If anyone was home while I was watching this episode, they would have thought I was a lunatic for laughing so much. This episode, oh man, way too good. Right when Darkness went in, it was obvious she was the real deal. I especially had a crack up when Kazuma realized he messed up and went to protect the succubus, and started saying one liners with a really deep manly voice “Run away” and “Go”. This how already had hilarious episodes, but I think this one takes the cake.

I’m very sad that next episode is the last, but with how good the show is, I’ll definitely check out the light novel (and pray for second season).

• March 12, 2016 at 12:21 pmbalbonits

TIME TO ORDER SOME CRAB!!!

That dinner scene made my mouth water … and that bath scene made my eyes water (w/ laughter) …

• March 12, 2016 at 10:51 pmTrap Master

Kazuma asking whether he can do illegal things in his dreams, and the succubus that showed up looks like Megumin, I think I have an idea what dream Kazuma wanted ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• March 13, 2016 at 4:04 amwicked

Nah, Kazuma stated pretty clearly in his encounter with Darkness that he ordered an inexperienced older woman, but I think people are just to distracted by Darkness’s banging bod to remember. The loli Succubus is just what they sent over to give the dream

• March 15, 2016 at 7:01 amTrap master

No stop! Let a man dream about Kazuma dreaming about best girl please :’( Don’t ruin my illusion please!

• March 13, 2016 at 1:23 pmBamboo Blade Cat

I don’t really care much for fan service like this, but this was fan service done right, and it fit the show perfectly. Hilarious stuff. But we all knew Kazuma was gonna get cock blocked no matter what. Poor guy, the show could’ve at least let him have his dream! I guess his run in with Darkness will have to do. Or next time, sneak back off to the stables!