To be honest, I understood about 10% of this episode. Of course, this also means that the majority of this episode was straight conversation, and less of the fanbait references and such of the second ep. Who cares 😀
So, let’s see…
– It’s time to change to the summer seifuku!
– As they’re waiting for the morning train, they talk about some more of the “random musings” of life, such as how to dress up a postcard, the relationship between the two twins.
– On the train, it’s really hot – Konata starts fanning herself in provocative ways which gets the guy sitting in front of her all hot and bothered.
– More Miyuki wisdom – why do people tend to get married in June?
– Konata used to like rain – since baseball games get canceled, the usual anime gets aired!
– Random Cromartie and Pani Poni Dash references…
– After her humiliating defeat at the arcade, Kagami challenges Konata to some PS2 action, and gets swept faster than the Lakers will be.
– Konata as the next KyoAni disciple of ponytail. Swoon~
– In the same way they bantered about food, the girls turn their discussion to talking about Miyuki, and how smart, hot, moe, etc she is. Who has confessed to her? Does she even realize she’s being confessed to?
– Lucky Channel segment 3: Seems like the next few segments will be dedicated to introducing the characters of the show. KyoAni messes with viewers once again by baiting us with imminent Akira transformations…but it only happens near the end! It’s like that one South Park Christmas episode where Kenny gets in all these fatal situations, but walks out unscathed each time…
– ED karaoke song: Sore ga Ai Deshou, Full Metal Panic Fumoffu OP, originally by Mikuni Shimokawa. Kinda weird hearing Konata switch from Guu-loli voice to her mature singing voice, but that was talked about too. This show holds no punches!
Better summaries to come when I learn more Japanese. Unlikely. Unless those Naruto guys make an anime about learning Japanese, where each new term is like a new jutsu…wouldn’t that be somethin