“Gate’s coordinates verified” – the verisimilitude of war and terror has reared its ugly head and unfortunately for Team Doberman, it’s hardly a pretty picture! There seems to be little doubt that Majestic Prince has moved into uncharted territories – the woe and adversity that beset this war have never been far from the surface, but such crude reality was, for certain, acknowledged more overtly this time around! The humans are on the losing end and Majestic Prince has in no way tried to conceal their beleaguerment – all hands on deck, Earth is desperately trying to find a silver lining and huge sacrifices sometimes come in lockstep with such foolhardiness. I readily admit, the bombshell hit me really hard when it blew up – Team Doberman has dodged more death flags than I could count and I have fully expected them to survive this latest ordeal. Even if some of them were fated for an untoward demise, I sure as hell didn’t expect Rakesh Chandrasekhara (Fujiwara Yuuki) to be the last man standing – Chandra’s the one “bummer” who was the least fleshed out and he certainly hasn’t made as strong an impression as his teammates. Patrick, in particular, has grown on me big-time in the last few episodes – his unrequited love for Tamaki makes for some good laugh-out-louds, and it’s immensely regrettable that such puppy love will never get to see the light at the end of the tunnel! The unfortunate fate that befell Patrick occurred in no more than a split second – it was afflictive, galling and above all, brutal, an advent that stands in stark contrast to the typical upbeat tone of the show.
Patrick’s abrupt death was pretty unsettling to say the least – Randy’s, on the other hand, wasn’t nearly as lurid! As a matter of fact, it’s the complete opposite and his final moments in the spotlight were surprisingly full of pep, a grand terminus befitting of his larger-than-life character. There’s no denying it – Randy is a bona fide badass, and the supreme fortitude that he displayed in the front line was truly one of a kind. His words of encouragement were what spurred Chandra forward at the most crucial instant – and despite his goofy persona, Randy has proven time and time again that his leadership skills are unparalleled. Team Doberman has, needless to say, earned my utmost respect – we’ve known right from the beginning that this mission was fraught with peril, and that’s a fact that Commander Simon has made no effort to sugarcoat. The ensuing aftermath was hardly the most ideal – but at the very least, both Patrick and Randy can rest in peace knowing that “Operation Eagle Landed” was indeed a success and their heroic sacrifice wasn’t all for naught! As many have correctly surmised, the humans intend to destroy the Wulgaru’s “portal gate” in an effort to impede their ongoing anabasis. Whether such an endeavor would prove to be worthwhile or not is a question that remained up in the air, but it is also undeniable that this is a step in the right direction, an expedient which makes a human triumph within the realm of possibility!
The ill-fated passing of both Randy and Patrick is going to eat the Zannen 5 alive – and as if the existing albatross wasn’t arduous enough already, such heavy news will surely have an adverse psychological impact on all of them, especially Izuru who, I suspect, is going to be the one that is most profoundly stricken! Speaking of Izuru, there appears to be something fishy going on with the state of his health – the excessive usage of the JURIA-AHSMB combo might have taken a toll on his body and such a contingency could come back to haunt us toward the end. The next grand showdown will probably set the stage for a conclusion and with Team Doberman out of commission, the Bunny’s role as the vanguard will now be more imperative than ever. Lutier (Yukana), the busty Wulgaru Commander, is very much cognizant of the human’s reconnaissance effort and it’s safe to assume the alien race will take precautionary measures to counteract any incoming attacks. Then there’s also the question at issue that surrounds the prevailing gap in technological know-how – as it turns out, the Earthlings have yet to travel past Saturn, and unfortunately for them, the very “portal gate” that they are targeting is located way beyond the sixth planet! All of that points to a bumpy road ahead for the Zannen 5 and while I still fully expect an eventual victory for the humans, it sure as hell doesn’t look like a Wulgaru defeat is going to come easy – which would, of course, make the ultimate happily-ever-after ending all the more invaluable!
- “Who are you calling a failure? I’m a bummer” – RIP Randy! RIP Patrick! Majestic Prince will never be the same without your goofy charms.
- “Are you eyeing Master Daneel?” – Poor guy, Tamaki still thinks he’s gay. Being Patrick is worse than being Kuroneko, and that’s quite telling!
- “Doesn’t this actress kinda resemble Captain Amane”? – I wholeheartedly agree with Randy’s superior taste in woman. The onee sama type is simply the very best! Does that make me a masochistic freak?
- “It looks like an erected…” – Oh Randy, I miss you already! A badass and a pervert, he would make a great protagonist for High School DxD!
- “Please pick up that new porn I’ve ordered!” – That was, indeed, Randy’s last words, right before he was blown into smithereens. A badass bummer till the very end!
- “I’ve only got my eyes for guns!” – What the hell is wrong with him? Ataru needs a good dose of Akeno sempai, if you ask me!
- “She looks like his mom” – Ouch! That was pretty harsh. To each his own, as long as Chandra is happy!
- I got the chills when I heard the first OP, “Watashi wa Souzou Suru”, playing in the background. I’m a huge fan of Ishikawa Chiaki’s work and lucky for us, she has graced us with a brand new piece – “Respect Me”, the fourth ED of Majestic Prince!
tl;dr: @SeishunRC – #MajesticPrince 19:There are only so many death flags one can dodge – the first blood has been drawn, make that two! #Anime
Full-length images: 04, 05, 07, 08, 09, 10, 14, 16, 19, 29, 32, 33.
ED4: 「Respect Me」by 石川智晶 (Ishikawa Chiaki)