GOSICK – 17 »« GOSICK – 15

GOSICK – 16

GOSICK   16   01 GOSICK   16   02 GOSICK   16   03
GOSICK   16   04 GOSICK   16   05 GOSICK   16   06
GOSICK   16   07 GOSICK   16   08 GOSICK   16   09
GOSICK   16   10 GOSICK   16   11 GOSICK   16   12

「落下させるマリアは蠅の頭をもつ」 (Rakka Saseru Maria wa Hae no Atama o Motsu)
“The Toppled Maria Has the Head of a Fly”

The occult versus science? Hmm, I guess the show does meet the requirement of one loli.

Well, so much for the possible drama, tension, and heartache. Barely twenty minutes and we’ve got our smashing duo back together in time for afternoon tea. Where was the mistreatment? She mistreated herself! It was like, hey, I’m just going to take her away, but you know what? Free game for anyone that can find her! Cordelia did help matters in pointing out where she was actually held, but the whole episode trying to build tension broke it completely when Victorique was simply handed back to us. It was all very anticlimactic.

I roll my eyes every first “episode” of an arc, because everyone speaks in metaphors looking all cool and smug in your face, because you’re not part of the club called “I’m the author.” You’ll notice that the impressions tend to jump up and down based on how far we’re in to a certain arc, simply because of the lack of solid information. I’m gathering that nuns are an ironic cover for a scientific base of operations, Roscoe is a rebel against his own roots of “ancient power,” and he’s butt-hurt over something Albert did (I think Roscoe’s a half-ling). Oh my god, is Roscoe Cordelia’s long lost son?! (don’t take that seriously)

Speculating is half the fun so here goes: Roscoe’s going to perform since he’s a magician, and perhaps Cordelia is his supporting act. He wants to get some sort of box that Jupiter Roget apparently took from him years ago, but uh, if Roscoe is Albert’s sworn enemy, why is he putting Victorique, his secret weapon, in a place where Roscoe was invited? I guess that explains his appearance in the preview, because it’s going to be some, “oh I know you knew what I planned, so I planned a new plan, but you probably know that new plan too, so this is my real plan.” Simon Hunt is also going to pull some irrelevant crap and die, because that’s his destiny as a supporting character (as exemplified in the Gray Wolf Village arc), and all of this should mean… something. See GOSICK? I can be vague too. :)

GOSICK   16   Preview 01 GOSICK   16   Preview 02 GOSICK   16   Preview 03
May 9, 2011 at 12:05 am
  • May 9, 2011 at 12:08 amDdadain

this is looking good.

• May 9, 2011 at 12:40 aminnerchihiro

Yeah, I agree, this episode was very anti climatic. Even the hug was boring. -__-
    Better luck next week.

• May 9, 2011 at 12:43 amplacename

what a waste of such beautiful stationary

• May 9, 2011 at 12:44 amThejewbomb

This whole episode felt anti-climactic to me too. I thought the search for
    Victorique would be a mini-arc, but for her disappearance then search and rescue
    to all occur in the same episode was the only surprise for me.(There is no way
    Victorique could run up all those stairs.)
    With the latest pace of the show I’m looking forward to the depth of the final arc,
    unless they linger too long in the “Wellspring of Knowledge.”

• May 9, 2011 at 12:56 amShirt

Avril, Ganbatte!

• May 9, 2011 at 1:59 amSerapita

I’m actually glad that it ends in one episode, Victorique taken away part that is. Since I always hate it when something like that happens, no matter what the reason. Even if it makes the story better… I will still hate it.

• May 9, 2011 at 2:18 amJead D Blade

Gezzz….Cordelia is so small for a mother figure it make me afraid if Victorique turn adult will her physical appereance small as doll or not

• May 9, 2011 at 2:37 amCroosboy

I didn’t feeling anything yet i think this anime is changing

• May 9, 2011 at 2:48 amTehJawknee

So I will just put it out there that Cordelia being played by Sawashiro Miyuki earned the show extra brownie points in my eye.

• May 9, 2011 at 4:11 amBooya

This show is definitely getting more and more interesting…
    I suspect they didn’t capture Victorique to confine her and it’s likely they needed to put her wellspring of wisdom to work instead, which explains why Kujou was able to locate her that easily.
    The setting for this new mystery looks intriguing enough and not to mention we get a glimpse of a certain infamous chess machine which defeated both Napoleon Bonaparte and Benjamin Franklin in action. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Turk
    With Roscoe and Cordelia finally joining the fray, I can’t wait to see what’s in store for us

• May 9, 2011 at 5:13 amSelpheed

Roscoe is a descendant of gray wolves as well? maybe the brother of Cordelia?

For those who want to be adventurous, Avrine becomes very still.

Congratulations to Cordelia! climb the stairs running with a heavy dress !

• May 9, 2011 at 6:34 amKarmafan

I still don’t get why Cordelia isn’t trying her hardest to get to Victorique. As a mom she should be doing everything she can to take care of her daughter. If she is a villian then have Cordelia stay as a villian. Just don’t have her change at the last moment and sacrifice herself to save her daughter (even tho thats probably what is going to happen).

• May 9, 2011 at 5:52 pmSilentcid

Maybe Cordelia found out what game Albert was playing and she wants to pay him back by using their daughter.

• May 9, 2011 at 7:37 pmcode fanboy

Oh my goodness, this looks like an army of Ninas, from code geass, in a religious and unscientific version.

• May 9, 2011 at 10:53 pminnerchihiro

I’m just gonna leave this here…

• May 10, 2011 at 7:49 pmanishuma

I was hoping for some Netorare action, but my plans were foiled with Victorique getting found way too early.

Honestly, I thought Gosick was going to be an action/mystery show.I wasn’t expecting dragonball Z fights, but I was expecting Kujo to get his hands dirty a lot more than on the first episode ;/

• May 12, 2011 at 8:50 pmsealouse

I actually thought hearing Cordelia’s voice for the first time was pretty climactic.

• May 14, 2011 at 7:20 amNashaba

At the beginning, when Kujo was searching for Victorique I was like “Finally! It’s beginning!” (you know, the prediction of the old man), but at the end of the episode I was like “…meh.”. But well, I hope they have something big in their minds.