Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu Ni! – 05 »« Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu Ni! – 03

Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu Ni! – 04

Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu Ni   04   01 Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu Ni   04   02 Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu Ni   04   03
Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu Ni   04   04 Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu Ni   04   05 Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu Ni   04   06
Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu Ni   04   07 Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu Ni   04   08 Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu Ni   04   09
Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu Ni   04   10 Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu Ni   04   11 Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu Ni   04   12
Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu Ni   04   13 Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu Ni   04   14 Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu Ni   04   15
Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu Ni   04   16 Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu Ni   04   17 Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu Ni   04   18
Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu Ni   04   19 Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu Ni   04   20 Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu Ni   04   21
Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu Ni   04   22 Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu Ni   04   23 Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu Ni   04   24
Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu Ni   04   25 Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu Ni   04   26 Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu Ni   04   27
Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu Ni   04   28 Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu Ni   04   29 Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu Ni   04   30
Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu Ni   04   31 Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu Ni   04   32 Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu Ni   04   33
Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu Ni   04   34 Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu Ni   04   35 Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu Ni   04   36

「僕と本音と男の尊厳っ!」 (Boku to Honne to Otoko no Songen!)
“Me, Dignity, and a Man’s Dignity!”

What time is it? It’s time to return to what made this show one of the best comedies I’ve ever watched. A little bit of dark humor combined with some chocolate, laced with what I can only assume was alcohol, started off the funniest episode of the season. Who would have thought that a quick game of the Japanese version of BS could turn into a torture session for our male leads?

While Akihisa’s idiocy would have more than enough to carry along a simple card game, I never expected that there would be much, much more waiting for us. Getting completely drunk after eating a single alcohol filled piece of chocolate, Himeji’s dark desires emerged rather quickly. I couldn’t remember why mentioning a bet would upset Himeji, but creating a BBL fantasy in her head probably wasn’t the smartest move. Armed with a bottle of chloroform in one hand and a pink handkerchief in the other, I was ready to fall off my chair as she knocked out Hideyoshi and Tsuchiya, insisting that they were just “tired”. But throw in Shouko and her complete disregard for the situation as long as it gives her an opportunity to be with Yuuji, and we have all the ingredients for a skit full of laughs.

Unfortunately, watching guys get dressed up in a sailor fuku is not the main reason why I watch this show. As I’ve repeatedly said for the past three weeks, I wanted to see some summoning action! When summoning is part of the series’s own title, I was starting to get a bit sad when there was almost no focus on those cute chibi characters. Luckily, I got that and more from the latter half of this episode. Not only were the summons so cute that I impulsively went “aww” without thinking, but it was a nice surprise how instead of just being a lifeless avatar they became the personification of their owner’s thoughts and values.

I’ll admit that I didn’t immediately catch why everyone was freaking out when they started to speak, but this new upgrade to the summoning system turned out to be pretty funny. It probably isn’t a good thing that the summoned beings aren’t following their master’s orders but getting to watch them blurt out their deepest, darkest secrets without hesitation was pure gold. I nearly lost it watching Minami’s summon get all cutesy with Akihisa, trying to confess her love for him every chance she got. While I didn’t find Himeji’s as cute, it might have been from my personal bias for Minami. And don’t even get me started with any of the guy’s avatars — they should have run the second they saw the sparkle in Kudou’s eye.

Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu Ni   04   Preview 01
August 1, 2011 at 10:43 pm
  • August 1, 2011 at 10:52 pmThe M0onDOgg

Top ten post!
    Anyway the last bit was funny too. Even the avatar was gay? Nyahahhaha!

• August 1, 2011 at 11:33 pmCroos

Dark Himeji is just so awesome.

I have played the lair game before and its really fun to play especially when you really know when a person is lying. The bad thing about this game is when people declares “your a liar” when all the cards are already piled up. >.<. Kubo was also funny putting that "Shes not lying".

And yeah I agree with you Takaii, summon beings were cute with voice. ( ^_^)/

• August 1, 2011 at 11:38 pmfall3nbs

I’ve never liked yanderes till now, but god Himeji makes it so cute. I seriously got scared when she grabbed Aki’s arm when he was reaching for another pack of cards too.

• August 1, 2011 at 11:51 pmReally2D

JUST SO GOOD

• August 2, 2011 at 12:03 amZeruFenrir

I laughed so hard at the chibi-avatar part. Minami’s was especially adorable, so dere.

• August 2, 2011 at 12:37 amHikari

Chloroform, not formaldehyde :p

• August 2, 2011 at 12:45 amLawrenceleong888

Agree…it’s chloroform…

• August 2, 2011 at 2:43 amTakaii

ACK. What was I thinking? ><;

• August 2, 2011 at 4:06 amCroos

maybe your just tired. 3 post in one day >.<

• August 2, 2011 at 12:52 amgecd

chibi minami is so HHNNGGHHHHH!!

• August 2, 2011 at 1:13 amAllnighter

Chibi Minami made my day, moe overload. Just had to re-watch it a few times and I couldn’t wipe this smile on my face.

• August 2, 2011 at 8:42 pmAex

I’ve re-watched this episode 5 times, just for Minami’s summon!

• August 2, 2011 at 11:04 pmThe M0on DOgg

Minami’s summon: spoiled brat
        Hideyoshi’s: Genki Guy
        Mutsurrini’s: Frank as hell
        Yoshi: just as baka

Too bad Shouko’s didn’t appear.

• August 2, 2011 at 1:49 amXziled

• August 2, 2011 at 2:33 amRickyMack

I’ve had those chocolates with alcohol before, I think my friend said they got em at the Godiva factory or somewhere in San Francisco. I must say chocolate with jack Daniels is actually pretty good. Hilarious episode when they got the experimental summons. Both stories show just how much of a closet freak himeji is

• August 2, 2011 at 2:58 amamado

I found this ep to be both hilarious and sweet.
    the BS game, especially when they called BS on hideyoshi’s gender. trying to swap cards underneath was a pretty good move, too bad they were against geniuses.
    minami is getting more points for me this season. initially I dismissed her personality and character, now this season showed her more aspects, especially with her summons.

• August 2, 2011 at 1:52 pmzem

Yeah, that part (with the gender) was the best, especially considering they actually gave him the cards. I also liked all the accidental summons, especially Himeji falling for her own trick cause she was so flustered.

• August 2, 2011 at 3:49 amdidier

I was waiting for this post.
    this episode was great I watch it 3 times and every time
    seems to get shorter

• August 2, 2011 at 7:40 amlkaze

Finally is the word I’m looking for. Been a good episode had past by without wacky comedy like this anime. Although I do feel like wanted for the show to at least have a goal or something(like getting A class again). Now is seem like season 2 is just extra filler episode.

• August 2, 2011 at 1:01 pmTOP2NE1

The first part started sucking when Himeji jumped in. They already blew all the crossdressing jokes last episode. At least wait a few before recycling a topic. Also, ofc the guys lose…

The second part was pretty funny though. Getting back to the summons and all.

• August 2, 2011 at 2:46 pmPikachu

It was hilarious when the guys were thinking they could win when you know it’s futile even if they try to cheat (and were caught immediately). I agree that the summonings are something good to wait for and I’m excited to see the new system in their battles with the other classes more now.

• August 2, 2011 at 3:34 pm004samro

IDK why, but dark Himeji is pretty hot! =D

• August 2, 2011 at 4:00 pmNhelraios

Ugh, drunk Himeji is more ruthless than Shouko. Lol at Kubo’s summon.

Hope youre doing fine Takaii, it looks like this week has been tough for you.

• August 2, 2011 at 7:38 pmdeafvader

looks like this anime would be first half jokes second half battles. conclude with a final battle?

• August 2, 2011 at 8:48 pmAex

First half was good, yandere Himeji and Shouko are always a good time, but the second half was GOLD!! The summons just blurting out the truth to everything was absolutely great. Minami’s was definitely the star though, going 100% “dere” and cute as hell.

• August 2, 2011 at 9:09 pmbluance

Last segment had me dying laughing, such a surprise to have summons that talk now.

• August 3, 2011 at 3:35 pmHD

The summons who can speak the truth were a great addition, I wonder if they would a OVA of the lifes of the summons.

…and yes, Minami’s summon is very cute.

• August 4, 2011 at 10:35 amahbonk

I love Minami, and I love her more now!

Chibi-Minami asking Aki whether he’s alright after he gets a beating from Minami herself spoke volumes about her character <3

• August 4, 2011 at 11:25 amexia

laughed my ass off the entire episode. NOW THIS IS BAKATEST that I know and love.

• August 5, 2011 at 1:08 pmznail

I think mini-Minami was the cutest, but mini-Himeji was the funniest as the first one was rather predictable (still funny though) but mini-Hemiji was a bit of a sucker punch. I think even Hemiji was thinking that the mini would just tell the obvious as well, which she wouldn’t have been that bothered with compared with Minami.