Mayo Chiki! – 13 (END) »« Mayo Chiki! – 11

Mayo Chiki   12   19 Mayo Chiki   12   20 Mayo Chiki   12   21
Mayo Chiki   12   22 Mayo Chiki   12   23 Mayo Chiki   12   24
Mayo Chiki   12   25 Mayo Chiki   12   26 Mayo Chiki   12   27
Mayo Chiki   12   28 Mayo Chiki   12   29 Mayo Chiki   12   30
Mayo Chiki   12   31 Mayo Chiki   12   32 Mayo Chiki   12   33
Mayo Chiki   12   34 Mayo Chiki   12   35 Mayo Chiki   12   36

「迷える執事とチキンな俺と」 (Mayoeru Shitsuji to Chikin na Boku to)
“The Butler who got Lost and I, the Chicken”

I think I may have been wrong about how many episodes Mayo Chiki would run. Either ways, this week’s episode had a spectacular finish that one would think would be saved for the final episode.

Instead of leaving things open ended to make us viewers claw at the chance of a second season possibly coming over the horizon, the kiss between Subaru and Jirou probably sealed the deal. However, the events leading up to that fateful kiss was classic Mayo Chiki madness.

Jirou’s wishy-washy feelings toward Subaru have never failed to come back and bite him in the ass for not taking action when the situation called for it; and this episode was a perfect example of that. It must take some insane willpower to reject a busty girl who’s just waiting for the chance to leap into bed with you; possibly ready to have her first experience you.

That said, it’s quite cute when Jirou bounces back and manages to create some really cute moments with Subaru. Amongst all the dirty situations that Kanade might force him into, it’s a breath of fresh air when moments like these break up all the funny situations and give the viewer a chance to really watch the pair’s relationship grow.

I sort of hoped that Subaru’s transition from a butler to a normal girl back to a butler would have had a little more meat behind it, but with less than 30 minutes to pack everything (like this scene) into I suppose I shouldn’t ask for the impossible. Now that there’s only only one episode remaining and Subaru’s (and Kanade’s) true intentions finally out in the open — why does the final episode have to focus on Nakuru?! God forbid, I will flip my desk over if there isn’t a good shot of Subaru and Kanade somewhere in the final episode.

Mayo Chiki   12   Preview 01 Mayo Chiki   12   Preview 02 Mayo Chiki   12   Preview 03
September 24, 2011 at 1:33 am
  • September 24, 2011 at 1:37 amKazuma

I agree with you Takaii, I could have sworn that it was the last episode since it was perfectly set up for it, but once I saw the preview which mind you I had mixed emotions about, cuz for one Im happy that theres one more episode, but I’m also confused why they would put up a filler-like episode with that glasses girl as the center of it all (see, i dont even know her name lol) as the last episode instead.

• September 24, 2011 at 9:01 amStranger

It seems to be a growing trend to actually have the finale one episode ahead, and then finish off the series with some extra shits n’ giggles.

• September 24, 2011 at 1:49 amClick

Well, the last episode has a chance of enhancing the series even further, but with the focus shifting to Nakuru I’m reallllly nervous about the ending. But who knows? Could go either way.

• September 24, 2011 at 2:00 ambio d

Finally a refusal of sex that doesn’t require that the protagonist hand in his balls or make me want to throttle him. When she asks “I would love to do you, but I don’t think this should be on a whim”, then when she seems to insist “VERY WELL! I SHALL DO YOU WITH MANLY PASSION!” *facekick*.
    Am I the only one who thought Jirou’s fantasizing went on one or two “first experience”‘s too long?

• September 24, 2011 at 2:12 amChaos2Frozen

@Takaii
    What? No comment on Kanade’s one moment of honesty during the bridal carry scene? I would expect at least some kind of nod =p

• September 24, 2011 at 3:17 amTakaii

Meh. Jirou’s so clueless he probably didn’t get it till she blurted out she’d kiss him if Subaru didn’t do it fast enough. <3

• September 24, 2011 at 7:42 amZnail

I disagree, I don’t think he got it after that either :P

• September 24, 2011 at 6:09 amThe Story You Don’t Know

I was kind of hoping for another Jirou-Kanade episode too :(

And Takaii, I’m still loving your avatar!

• September 24, 2011 at 9:23 amdeafvader

the avatar comment was kind of random. It’s not as if Takaii or yourself have not been on RC on ages or you guys are some long lost friends.
        It was actually pretty funny. XD

• September 24, 2011 at 2:35 amfragb85

Resolution? I call bull on this, because I don’t think this series has the balls to do that.

This episode was just meh for me unfortunately. The hotel scene was funny but dragged on and it felt like they already did this stuff before. The whole “make her a butler again” campaign went on a little well and felt bland.

As a highlight though, there was seeing GAR Jirou take on the Subaru fangirls. Also there was a bit of Kanade trolling, that was entertaining.

• September 24, 2011 at 2:42 amPopolon

@Chaos2Frozen
    I still have a very faint hope for a Kanade ending, now that it is clear as water she clearly don’t tease Jirou just for the fun of it

• September 24, 2011 at 3:00 amoutcast

Usagi chan do you have a nipple piercing made of magnets?

• September 24, 2011 at 9:06 amStranger

Were that the case, she oughta steer clear of Ironman and Wolverine.

• September 24, 2011 at 3:21 amx

On the comedy side, this episode wasn’t as interesting as the ones before. Though I like how this kind of move things forward a tiny bit. Well, one more episode left, will see where that goes. I doubt we will get a resolution of any sorts, I suspect they will leave things open for a second season. As unlikely to come as it is.

• September 24, 2011 at 4:55 amcybersteel

Is that chaos with a different name or just someone else. Fillerish endings like next Weeks reminds me of Kampfer. Maybe the preview is just a red herring?

• September 24, 2011 at 4:58 amcybersteel

• September 24, 2011 at 5:44 amdarkloco

I was shocked when Subaru wanted Jirou to get better at taking kisses so they can do more stuff!!!

• September 24, 2011 at 7:43 amZnail

Don’t worry, he didn’t get what she was talking about anyway…

• September 24, 2011 at 5:53 amdeafvader

This episode was a bit rush and the emotional build up just was not there for me. White out Subaru was interesting, like some kind of hen shin scene.
    Wait for Next week.

• September 24, 2011 at 8:13 amMonik3r

I hope the final episode has Usami seeing through the ‘crossdressing’ because she’s the only one that’s not super dense, and I think she hasn’t figured it out because she doesn’t want it to be true.

• September 24, 2011 at 12:33 pmWild

I think she already figured it out, stating that as long as she’s happy. I think she was referring to Subaru for that.

• September 24, 2011 at 10:49 amKelfistan

To be honest, I’ve been waiting for a Nakuru episode for some time. Better late then never.

• September 24, 2011 at 12:22 pmSelpheed

Nice episode, just for curiosity: in the manga, light novel or anything, they get together? (spoilers please)

• September 24, 2011 at 2:13 pmAndré

Pretty mediocre episode. ;(

• September 24, 2011 at 5:48 pmphospholipid

i like that

• September 24, 2011 at 6:18 pmTenchi Ryu

I’ll have to respectfully diagree with you Takaii….even though I do feel Konoe has advanced in this race, I still feel its far from a “sealed deal”. For the most part, Jirou still isn’t necessarily ready to go with anyone, but this IS a harem MC btw. I still think that the harem is still intact, and as a Harem shipper, I would like him to end up with all of them if possible.

I also love Nakuru, and I’ve been waiting for her to get an episode for the longest, so like someone said, better late than never. And remember that Usami wasn’t liked by some before she got her shine, so maybe this episode will do that for Nakuru, and hopefully it will properly add her to the Harem Race.

• September 24, 2011 at 7:47 pmGG

This series was mildy entertaining but it definitely gets bonus marks for having a much more conclusive relationship ending than comedy harems

• September 24, 2011 at 10:20 pmSerapita

Next episode feels more like a filler episode, judging from the preview. :/

• September 25, 2011 at 1:01 pmPockyG

I absolutely love these characters. Gonna be sad to see this series end next week. Thanks for finishing it up Takaii.

• September 26, 2011 at 1:11 amThe M0onDOgg

Freaking bright sunlight shine censoring….