OP: 「Sympathy」 by Larval Stage Planning
「不穏な予感、再びです！」 (Fuon na yokan , futatabi desu !)
“A Bad Feeling, Once Again!”
“Oppai” – that was, indeed, the very first thing I heard in its premiere and nothing kicks off High School DxD like the welcome return of our old friends, fully clothed, sensually dressed and stark naked! Hyoudou Issei (Kaji Yuki), the aspiring “Harem King” at Kuou Academy, is one hell of a lucky bastard – he has hordes of beautiful woman throwing themselves at him, starting with the revered Rias Gremory (Hikasa Yoko), who never fails to cut a dash with her impeccable beauty! High School DxD, true to its reputation as the very essence of ecchi, has a myriad of eye candies which can satisfy all of our deepest and darkest cravings – the puerile Toujou Koneko (Taketatsu Ayana) whose mere presence screams “jailbait”, the ingenuous Asia Argento (Asakura Azumi) who is the supreme example of a “klutzy nun”, and the sultry Himejima Akeno (Itou Shizuka) whose revel in the fine art of BDSM is simply peerless! The characters are clearly defined by their unique idiosyncrasies, but what all of them have in common is the dumb luck that almost always strips them buck naked – much to the delight of my dirty mind, of course! There’s something to be said about ecchi that is so shameless and unapologetic – more often than not, Issei is the prime victim of all that cock-tease and he, along with the audience, gets to bear witness to some of the most scrumptious fanservice that High School DxD has to offer!
I hate to say this – but Issei is one of the few harem leads who actually deserve all the attention he gets. Make no mistake about it, the wannabe Harem King is a pervert through and through – his rabid fascination with boobs is truly one of a kind, and everything he sees and touches can be misconstrued as an oppai! But that’s not all there is to Issei and what makes him especially stand out is his steadfast compassion to help those in need – yes, Issei is a pervert with a heart of gold and it was such brick-wall resolute that saved Rias sempai from the Phenex’s evil clutches way back at Season One! Aptly pointed out by Akeno, Issei’s courageous act has, no doubt, captured the hearts of more than one, and his beautiful female companions are now racing against the clock to make their intentions known! Akeno sempai is firmly at the forefront of all that dalliance and her unfailing initiatives to sex up Issei is as clear as a bell – this time, her seduction manifested in the form of a “finger-sucking” fetish, which was exceptionally alluring to say the least! Rias, who is my number one girl, has also been putting forward her best foot and she doesn’t missed any chance to flaunt that exquisite body of hers – nothing wakes up a horny man like the sight of two lip-smacking puppies! If the sultry variety doesn’t suit your taste, there’s always the dewy-eyed Asia to get you going. Her childlike body is bound to send all of the lolicon over the edge and it seems like her apparent jealousy has gone so far that she has now become somewhat of an exhibitionist – “if she strips, I strip”, that can only be good news!
If I didn’t know better, I would have thought ecchi and fanservice are all there is to High School DxD – that’s evidently not the case, and there’s so much more to the story that the show has to offer! In fact, the better half of its premiere was consumed by none other than stage-setting and character exposition, and there was certainly no lack of visual panache for an action buff like me. The Knight of Rias’ peerage, Kiba Yuuto (Nojima Kenji), was at the center of attention this week and it appears that Prince Charming may not as charming as we once thought. Yuuto has a dark past – that much is clear, and I suspect the history that he shares with a certain “Holy Sword Experiment” is going to play a crucial role in the upcoming conflicts. What comes next is hard to say – but it seems like there’s a connection between the newly-arrived church minions (voiced by Taneda Risa and Uchida Maaya) and that of Yuuto’s thorny past. As a matter of fact, the one with the twin-tails is probably an osananajimi (childhood friend) of Issei’s and I have a sneaking suspicion there’s more to their relationship than meets the eyes! For now, it looks like Yuuto will have his hands full with the imminent face-off. His former foe, Freed Sellzen (Matsuoka Yoshitsugu), has re-emerged, and just like he did back at Season One, I’m sure the manic exorcist has brought with him waves of hilarity and commotion this time around – especially now that he has come into possession of a Holy Sword which, needless to say, is bound to set Yuuto off like a bomb!
- Similar to Hyakka Ryouran – which I replaced Divine as the writer, I won’t pretend I’ll be able to match Stilts’ enthusiasm in my term of coverage for DxD. I know I’m not nearly as good a writer, but I assure you I’ll do my very best to meet your expectations and hopefully, you’ll find something to like in my endless babbling!
- “I suppose I could accidentally touch them” – All you need to do is ask! After all, Rias has already given him one hell of a motorboat ride.
- “I felt like using you as my dakimakura” – That lucky bastard! How I wish Rias sempai would use me as a pillow as well!
- “I’m going to be naked, I don’t want to be left out” – My heart belongs to Rias sempai, but I can’t help but root for the underdog too!
- “No Bra” for Asia during morning training – Saves you time when need to strip on the spot!
- A “finger-job” that looks very much like a blowjob! – Akeno oozes sexiness like no one else, especially when she’s dripping wet!
- Nip slip spotted! – Lucky for Koneko, or should I say, lucky for us, the acid only burned through her clothes.
- “Little Issei, little Issei!” – Some my old flames did make it a point to request a picture of my younger self. I can never figure out why!
- “Do you two gattai every night?” – Robot fetish? Kiryuu Aika (Yamazaki Haruka) is like the long lost sister of Haganai’s Rika!
- “There’s a rumor that you’re gay with Kiba” – Motohama (Nakakuni Takurou) and Matsuda (Takumi Yasuaki) are trying to appeal to the fujoshi crowd!
- The new ED theme is not nearly as catchy as the first season’s. It’s slowly but surely growing on me though – In particular, I really like the animation sequence that portrays the girls as smokes of spirit-like deities!
- Shameless plug – I’ve made a post for the OVAs of Season One (High School DxD Episode 13 & 14). Check them out if you haven’t, there are 46 – yes, Forty Six – full-length images that are up for grabs!
tl;dr: @SeishunRC – High School #DxD NEW 01: “Oppai” – that was, indeed, the first thing I heard in its premiere and nothing kicks off High School DxD like the welcome return of our old friends, fully clothed, sensually dressed and stark naked! #Anime
Full-length images: 02, 03, 04, 06, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 27, 30, 31, 32, OP02, OP03, OP06, ED02.
ED: 「方程式は答えない」(Houteishiki wa Kotaenai) by オカルト研究部ガールズ(日笠陽子、伊藤静、浅倉杏美、竹達彩奈) [Occult Kenkyuubu Girls (Hikasa Yoko, Itou Shizuka, Asakura Azumi, Taketatsu Ayana)]